main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Teenage Writers Society

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Arwen-Jade_Kenobi, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Hi, Rebel! Sil, good luck on your exam. I'm probably going to be taking one in November; I'm starting to really crack down on the books now.

2. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    It's a bit too early in the year to have my hair on fire! I'm doing my grad school applications, and I never realized how much work it's going to be... At least my parents offered to pay for the applications, since I'm rather alarmingly broke again. Why is applying to grad school so much scarier than applying to college?

Tonight's dinner included genuinely well-cooked steak, honey butter, and figs. I am now in a very happy food coma.

3. fatalm1

fatalm1 Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2010
    Edit: Bye, bye spamvertiser.

4. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Thanks. That exam went well. If this streak continues, medicinal chemistry and its giant load of memorization might stop being my worst tormentor for a bit. It seems that smart aleck tricks are 0% effective against that stuff.

Here's a new and even more annoying suitor: person chasing after me because they want to marry a US citizen so that they can get US citizenship faster.

[face_frustrated]

makes me really want to set him up with one of my straight friends more than ever before.

Anyone else wanna see the Social Network when it comes out?

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    [:D] , Sil.

... the Social Network? :confused:

I saw an excellent production of Aida by the Canadian Opera Company last night. My ticket was only $16 because it was their dress rehearsal, which was really nice because the seat I had is normally worth $300. :p 8-} Yay, dress rehearsals! :p :cool:

6. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    That's a massive discount and it's awesome. You definitely got a great deal on it.

We're trying to get people to submit designs for a T-shirt and are paying the winner with a coupon to my favorite cookie shop. I'm wondering if I'm the only kid in health sience who can be paid with desserts.

7. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    That's awesome, Idri! I wish I could go to more operas, but it's always really expensive to get a vehicle. Kind of annoying.

We're likely to start taking bets on how long it'll take to turn the heat on. It's getting cold, but my school is cheap and green... I'm guessing early November. If we get any more green, we're going to start photosynthesizing. Maybe that'll deal with the climate control problems...

8. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    I love how you're worried about when they'll turn the heat on. :D We're wondering when it will stop raining, in order for spring to finally get here! I'm sick of rain and drizzly days. It's depressing!!

Yay for cheap theatre tickets!!

9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Ha! At least you HAVE heating in your school. Our heating system has been broken for three years and the school district is too cheap to get it fixed. We all wear our jackets in class. I swear, the only thing that will probably get me through this winter is the promise that I will never have to go through it again - my sister tells me that there is actually heat in university classes.

And yay for cheep tickets!

Also, I got accepted as one of the fifty people to Cuba on my school's band trip!!! We got pictures of the hotel where we are staying at, its no fancy place, but its right on the beach! I can't wait for April to come after the long, cold winter.

10. Lolly_Tolly

Apr 12, 2008
    How novel. Heating in classrooms. At my old school, only the computer rooms were air-conditioned. So in summer and winter, we just suffered. :p But that is thankfully behind me, and I work in an air-conditioned shop. :D

11. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Of course I'm not procrastinating! I'm not drifting around on the internet in the lab rather than working on my research... [face_whistling] This is the time of year when my attention span flies out the window, and it's kind of annoying. I really should work on my research and study for my exam on Thursday, but instead I just want to curl up in bed and read!

Why is it midterm season already? And why am I picking classes for the last semester of college already? It's scary.

12. Lolly_Tolly

Apr 12, 2008
    I could have sworn that you have always procrastinated. Isn't that what all your posts in this thread used to be about?

I'm bored. You people should be up at midnight more.

13. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Some parts of my uni are airconditioned or heated, some are not, but I think the uni buildings beat my house anytime lol

We're having this game called Humans vs Zombies on campus next week. I'm so excited. I hope to get to be a zombie again :D It sounds and probably is a little nerdy, but it's a really cool game of tag and dart guns. Let's hope I won't have too much work or studying to do next week.

14. Icecruncher_Amidala

Icecruncher_Amidala Jedi Master star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    Is anyone cooking for Cristmas or wrapping presents right now? I'm really glad my family doesn't have to go to any stores today, I was really worried we would forget something and have to go into the mad dash on Christmas Eve.

Happy Holidays!

15. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    I'm in the last stretch of school applications right now. Hopefully, I'll be making cinnamon buns tonight!

16. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Jaidyn_Knightfall Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2008
    Hey everyone! School and life got the best of me for a while, but I'm back for a couple days until I turn 20. :p You won't kick me out, will you?... [face_pitiful]

Icecruncher_Amidala, I hate the mad rush for stuff on Christmas Eve, too. It seems like my family always ends up being part of it for some reason. 8-}

How is everyone doing? :)

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey everyone!

I'm sooo glad Christmas is over too. I love the season, but it's nice when things calm down. Christmas tends to be 10 times more busy for us since our family owns a Christmas tree farm. I worked on it almost all December and left EVERYTHING ELSE to the last minute. OOOOPPPSS. Bad idea, but I got everything done :D

Now the mad rush for scholarships and bursaries begins.

18. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Cinnamon buns sound delicious. Mmm... fresh, hot, sweet, cinnamony goodies ^_^

Good luck with all schools and applications stuff. IMO, those are really taxing.

I had to do a ton of those for summer internships earlier and was glad not to have to do any more applications for the next few months when I got this wonderful offer.

19. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    Homemade cinnamon buns ROCK. :D I use this recipe, which calls for a bread machine, but I imagine that it wouldn't be too hard to adapt, if you didn't have one.

My applications are finished and sent out, except the websites that let me track their statuses doesn't list either of them as complete... it takes time for them to be processed after mailing, I know, but I'm still scared that the postal service failed me, or that they lost it, or something. :( Saturday is the deadline for both to be in, and I'm getting really paranoid.

Wonderful offers are awesome. :D Congrats!

20. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    thanks. I'm glad to be writing up research materials, as it's a biochem research job that starts as part time in the spring and then goes to full time in the summer, instead of job application stuff, like cover letters.

You'll be fine on the applications, I bet. Some places post deadlines and don't enforce them. Some of my classmates turned in their applications way late and still got accepted.

21. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    *Creeps in* Um, hey everyone! *waves* Yeah, I know it's been a while... shamefully...

CURSE YOU COLLEGE!!! :p

How is everyone doing??? I've been so busy, eck. However, I did just publish my first novel, so excited about that... now just need to get back to updating some of my stories...

22. Risca_Skywalker

Risca_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2011
    NAME: Risca_Skywalker
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: Age 4 (I actually thought Darth Vader was Cool)
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: Non SW was probably at age 13 though I wrote fanfics before but didn't know what they were. SW fanfics: age 16-17
    FAV CHAR: Jango Fett, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Boba Fett
    WHY?: Well really this is for Jango... Because he's AWESOME! And I love Mandolorians.
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Not yet but I'll get there.
    PT?: Yeppers! I am right now.

Thought I'd join in and say hi! Oh and I just completed a fic today, thought I'd post the link for that too.

Hell have no wrath like a Mandolorian woman's scorn

:D

23. Raxacoricofallapatorius

Raxacoricofallapatorius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2010
    NAME: Cade_Cryocharger (Call me Cade :))
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: Five or six? I can't remember.
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: 11
    FAV CHAR: Obi-Wan Kenobi
    WHY?: He is full of personality, emotion, and unique in his own way. It's thrilling to write about him and makes me feel closer.
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: No, but I plan to.
    PT?: Yes :p

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey Cade, hey Risca. Welcome to the insanity!

In other news, my step-father just accused me, the straight A student going directly into 7 years of university out of high school, of being a drug addict. Yeah, I dont get it either. I just need a hug.

Maybe I'll go write some extreme angst.

25. Risca_Skywalker

Risca_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2011
    :D Hey! Thanks for the welcome!

Oi vey! That's not good. I hope everything works out though, he must be out of his mind for saying that about you. But still, hugs are here for you.[:D]

And writing extreme angst helps, it definitely helps. My writers cafe is proof.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.