main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Teenage Writers Society

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Arwen-Jade_Kenobi, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo_girl_94

echo_girl_94 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 18, 2011
    I know haran matches up with "hell". Shab is pretty much your generic exclamation for something bad (equivalent to "damn", maybe).

I cussed out a horse in Mando'a once. (Yes, I know that's weird. And pointless. :p )

2. Risca_Skywalker

Risca_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2011
    Alisha!

For the last shabla time! It's FIERFEK! Not FIERFLEK!

*ahem*

Anyways...Lemme get the translations for you...

Osik - Dung (Impolite)

Shabiir - sha-BEER - screw up (Impolite) (I think this is usually shortened down to Shab)

Shabla - SHAH-bla - screwed up (Impolite)

Shab'rudur - shah-BROO-dur - mess with (Very strong language in Mando'a, so use only in extreme circumstances)

Shabuir - SHAH-boo-EER - extreme insult ("Jerk", but much stronger)

shebs- shebs - backside, rear, buttocks (also rear of building etc) (Also can be shortened down to Sheb)

di'kut - DEE-koot - idiot, useless individual, waste of space (lit. someone who forgets to put their pants on)

di'kutla - dee-KOOT-lah - useless, stupid, worthless

dinii - DEE-nee - lunatic

dini'la - dee-NEE-lah - insane

I think you guys get the point... Git the wordlist!

Echo...you cursed out a horse? What did it do to you?

And trust me, I've been trying to cuss more in Mando'a so it's not too terribly bad... And the plus is, is that nobody understands you unless they speak Mando'a. :p

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Too . . . many . . . words . . .

4. Risca_Skywalker

Feb 18, 2011
    It can be at times.

But hey, just remember something. It's one of the EASIEST languages to learn. Why? Because it's Gender Neutral and it's English Word Order.

There's very little grammar, and there are a bunch of words...The pronunciations are what's strange.

5. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    OMG! Risca, I swear, you watch me like a hawk!

6. Risca_Skywalker

Feb 18, 2011
    Heh heh heh

You have no clue Alshia.... you have no clue... [face_devil]

:p JK! :D

7. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Your not in much of a position to say that, cause I'm still waiting for something from you, and no, it is not your part in our story! [face_mischief]

*cough* feedback *cough* :p

8. echo_girl_94

echo_girl_94 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 18, 2011
    I see...I use "di'kut" all the time. :D

And the horse tried to buck me off when I was being nice. :p Cursing was the least it deserved.

9. Risca_Skywalker

Feb 18, 2011
    Oi! I'm workin on it!

Ahh I see.

And yes the wonderful "Di'kut" use it all the time I do as well.

10. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Di'kut...

*Imagines myself shouting this word at my brother when he and I are arguing*

:p He'd probably stare at me and say,"Di...di--what?" I might actually start saying that word. :p

11. Raxacoricofallapatorius

Raxacoricofallapatorius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2010
    "Di..." Reminds me of Master Di. I had watched that episode. I liked him and had looked him up on the Star Wars Wiki. Turns out his full name is Ima-Gun Di.

It is very disappointing how the names aren't taken seriously. However, I still plan on writing about him.

12. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    There's only one thing I despise about that name...when I looked him up, I found out his name,"Ima-gun Di," literally meant,"I'm gonna die."

They were dooming his for death without anyone knowing! :(

13. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Edit: Whoops, double-post...heh-heh, sorry about that.

14. Separatist101

Separatist101 Jedi Master star 3

May 11, 2010
    Indeed I do, my friends usually call me "Mike" or "Mikey". But I also have another nickname, "Wardie".

15. Risca_Skywalker

Feb 18, 2011
    Oya friend!

And just so everyone knows...

1. I discovered Clone Wars Fanfiction on ff.net

2. Mr. West (my music teacher) Does a Yoda Impression so good it sounds like Frank Oz from ESB.

and 3.

I SURVIVED STAR WARS DAY! :D

Yes! It was a hit! :D Everyone wanted to know if my lightsaber was real... lolz.

And I has pictures! :D Which I'll probably wind up not posting here...hmm idk

16. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Wow, I'm late to this thread. As for who I am:
    Name: Skywalker_T-65 (though you can just call me Skywalker)
    First encounter with SW: Well I don't remember for sure (when did Rouge Squadron One come out?) maybe when I was 7.
    First written fanfic: 16, and yes I know that makes me late to the party (it was a SW/Bleach story in the saga, still there actually, just on hiatus)
    Favorite Character: Well, that would have to be Luke (hence the name)
    Why: Do I really need to explain that?
    Have I written in the PT: Yes, Black Moon Jedi (the Bleach/SW one) was after Episode One but Before Episode 2.
    OT: Also a yes, the stories being Sol Hope and Jedi Gundam.

You know, I think I am unique in this thread. I live nowhere near a lake, or ocean (I live in Joplin, Missouri, very hilly area) and I have never had a girlfriend. Maybe thats because I am shy, or because I like SW fanfiction. Who knows, but maybe now I can find someone who likes the same stuff I do, hopefully. Or hopefully someone will actually pay attention to me now, since my stories only got a few reviews and my crossover thread is starting to fall out, just like the last one. And I may be the youngest Master on here.

17. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    It's sad to think that I haven't been on here in so long, that while I used to know everyone's real life names, now, I'm flat out recognising two people on this page....

Hi Matt.

18. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    I haven't been on here in so long! >.< A bunch of other threads got in the way.

19. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Yeah, I'm not on here much either... I'm on LiveJournal a lot now, and I've been focusing more on the Supernatural fandom than the Star Wars one, which is unfortunate because I have several WIPs in this fandom that I'd like to finish up. RL has been up and down lately; I was put on the waiting list for the school that I really wanted to attend, and because of my financial situation, my chances of getting in are slim.

Elsi, it's great to know you're still around![:D]

20. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Aw! Thanks! Good to know there are still oldies around! But then, no one in this thread is really old...

It's nice to see you too!

21. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    NAME: Book-Geek
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: age 10
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: right after seeing Episode VI, distressed that there wasn't any sequels to follow the big Endor battle
    FAV CHAR: Han Solo
    WHY?: Do you need a reason to have your fave character be Han Solo?
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Yep!
    PT?: Not really.

22. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    [face_laugh]

I like Han Solo too! He's not exactly my favorite, but I he's cool. Glad to see someone finally posting on here!

23. QueenArdnassak

QueenArdnassak Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 30, 2009
    Wow, it's been forever since I've been in here.
    Hi guys, I'm Kassie or Ardy or QA or whatever you feel like calling me. :p

24. haleyskywalker2

haleyskywalker2 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 25, 2010
    I'm in wif this :)

NAME: haleyskywalker2 (if you google that you can find me on different sites...) aka Hayley

FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: I was 13, a year ago. I was in band and my band teacher handed out the music to 'Star Wars Revenge of the Sith' and 'A New Hope'. I didn't know what Star Wars was and my friends told me to watch the movies so I saved up my money and every three weeks I got a movie. I fell in love after I watched them all and now my band teacher regrets playing star wars because of me :)
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: 14

FAV. CHAR: Luke Skywalker all the way baby!!!
    WHY???: He has been a character that stuck out to me when I watch the OT movies. I also love Mark Hamill. And... Luke Skyalker is a pure HOTTIE in black!!! :)

Ever WRITTEN IN THE OT?: No. well I'm writting a fic that starts at the end of ROTS and carries through the EU but its where Anakin never turned to the dark side so half the stuff never happened so I wouldn't classify it under that catagory.

PT?: No. Not really big into the PT movies that much.

25. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey Haley.

I was a band nerd too, but I did my final senior band exam on Friday :_|. I remember back in grade nine when my friend and I found out that our director had the charts to The Phantom Menace (the movie may have sucked, but you have to admit, Duel of the Fates is pure epicness). We annoyed her SO much that she finally let us play it, even though it was a level above where we were. She let us play it again in grade 10 and again in grade 12. We mastered it.

Then, also in grade nine, we found out she had the charts for Indiana Jones. She also let us play Lord of the Rings this year. We are the only class of her's so far that could play it.

The junior band director, who came when I was in grade 10 actually gave me the name "Briannakin". Once, he couldn't remember my name, so he shouted out "VADER!" and everyone knew who he was calling. Then it somehow turned into Briannakin.

I have so many band stories relating to Star Wars, it is hilarious

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.