main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Teenage Writers Society

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Arwen-Jade_Kenobi, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haleyskywalker2

haleyskywalker2 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 25, 2010
    That is really cool Briannaka (I hope I got it right, please photographic memory don't let me down).

I first started band in 5th grade when the new band director came. She was cool but she was extremely mean. Last year we played star wars and it is sad because this school year she became pregnant and when she went on maturnity leave we got a teacher that knew nothing on band.... it was tough and because we were playing songs wayy above our level, mainly because we had the high schoolers with us. Now her husband was just offered a better job somewhere else and so they are moving away. The last day of band was really hard for me and my band buddy, lets just say we hid in the bathroom. I will always miss her and I hope that one day he would be able to come back.

"VADER!"

bahahahahahahahahaha

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    It's Briannakin, like Anakin but with Bri at the start. Or just call me Bree. Anything but Brianna (it annoys me because my name is BriAnn).

My band directors were so nice. They are both crazy and we told them often. This past May, our senior band director took 50 of us to Cuba for a week for a cultural exchange. We played at a bunch of schools and then the students played for us. We also got to go to an orphanage. It was amazing.

Band trips are epic.

3. haleyskywalker2

haleyskywalker2 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 25, 2010
    I didn't to call you that I just couldn't remeber.

Band trips are fun. My band teacher took us to a place in the mountains of somewhere (that is sad that I can't remeber) and there was this thing that took you up 60feet in the air and dropped you and then you started swinging. I'm afaid of heights soo guess what. My friend took me with her on it since it held two people....... I thought I died because the people before us got stuck 60 feet in the air........... when they dropped us I thought I died and I was screaming and my friend kept telling me to be quiet.... ohh fun times

4. MrMuse

MrMuse Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2009
    Well I'm not exactly new here, been a member since 2009, but better late then never I'd say...

Well what can I say, I'm Mister Muse, not my real name of course and if you want a short version try to refrain from calling me Mister, instead simply call me Muse. I'm 17, turning 18 in September and my first encounter with Star Wars ought to have been about 10 to 12 years ago, my father had rented Episode V and afterwards I was hooked. In the years since then I've collected numerous books, games and comics to satisfy my interest. My favourite character of all time is probably Jacen Solo, something about him just hits right on, I've also probably read every single thing where he's been in so he has kinda stuck. When it came to fanfiction I've been an avid reader for the last six years, I found FanFiction.net just about then. My first try to write something was some piece of trash that has long since been removed from existence. At the moment I'm working on my second carefully planned put story, the first haven't seen the light of day yet however and might never do.

Otherwise I'm just a guy that enjoy reading, studying (Yeah okay I'm a bit of a nerd), playing games and just spending time with friends that I like.

5. AzuraBlaise

AzuraBlaise Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2011
    Hiya, folks.

Name: AzuraBlaise. Feel free to call me Azura.
    First Encounter with SW: Probably age 6 when my uncle was in bed sick, looking pretty ghastly, watching Ep. V. I came in not long before the 'No, I am your father!' bit. I practically ran out of the room after that!
    First FanFic written: This year. Yep, I'm a newbie to the whole business of writing fanfiction, but I have written quite a bit. I've only published one online, and well, it was a crossover. It was also a trainwreck. And registered a bit moot by certain events in the Doctor Who universe. Or maybe not...hmm.[face_thinking]
    Fav character?: Are they a girl? Are they a Jedi and/or married to a Skywalker? The chances are, I love them. But for the sake of this, Mara Jade, closely followed by Leia.
    Why?: Well, Ms Jade can certaintly look after herself. She also has red hair and green eyes. She has helped to cement my belief that red-heads are Cool. with a capital C. Plus, she doesn't fit in to the image of main SW women having brown hair and eyes. Leia can look after herself too, she'ss sensitive and intelligent. She's not generally stick thin like many women in the SW universe (and the media). Both own lightsabers, which make them the epitome of Cool.
    Ever written in the OT?: Not yet. But there's a fic in the works that crosses from the OT to the EU.
    PT?: Kind of. If all goes to plan, it'll go right from the PT, down to the end of RotS. Or even beyond, if I can work it out in the cannon.

So, that was a ramble. ;) I'm from a small town in England, where most people are unaware that there is an EU. Which is a pain. Coming here is how I deal with it. And I don't see much wrong with that.

6. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    Hey! The Teenage Writer's are alive again! :D

I feel your pain, Azura...

A good friend of mine and I both loved Star Wars, but since he moved away people get annoyed if I dare mention it.

7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. I feel you guys' pain. Most of my friends will watch the movies, but no one will touch the EU. I know a guy (who is the son of my creepy 5th grade teacher) who I went to school with that reads it, kinda, but after our 4 hour argument about wookiees VS ewoks on a band trip busride, we were forbidden to ever talk about Star Wars around each other, because it will end in an argument.

8. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I never got to go on band trips. All we ever did was drive to festivals about an hour away, and that was it. :(

9. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    I feel with you ;) I was in choir, we never did anything cool :(

I'm baaaack!!! :)
    Love, marybeth

10. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Hey guys! *waves*

Again, it's been a while... too long... :p

But I plan on getting back on the boards more often this coming fall. :) Yay!

I can't believe the summer's almost over, though...

11. AzuraBlaise

AzuraBlaise Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2011
    Sorry that I haven't posted a reply, I haven't visited here that much since I posted. :D

I'm sorry to hear that I am a) Not Alone in my SW DRL loneliness and b) that many discussions end in arguments. :( For those that want it here is some virtual love [:D] [:D] [:D]

Whaaaat!?! I haven't even had my holiday for this year yet! And what have I been doing with my time? Errmm...

12. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    this thread needs to come back up. Finals are over. :D I can finally play some computer games and watch some anime.

13. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    No one's on the boards.... Why do you Yanks have to sleep when we Aussies are in party mode?!

It's so terribly unfair....

In other news, the FanForce I belong to is...

GONE!

:_|

14. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Elsi, that's too bad. I never belonged to a FanForce, but the idea of them always interested me.

So...what's everyone been doing? Are there any teens still left here? I haven't been writing Star Wars much lately (or, well, Board-appropriate fics :p) but I do enjoy lurking through the forums.

15. Lolly_Tolly

Apr 12, 2008
    I've seen your fics on FFn. That's not really my thing....

Moving on, I'm a teenager still! Until July....

I miss the days back when I would post a comment while everyone was asleep, and by the time I got up again, we'd jumped a page or two. Or when it didn't take almost a week to get a reply.

*sigh* I also miss everyone who was around back then. They're not teenagers anymore.... :_|
    I feel so old.

16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I haven't posted here in forever. 8-}

17. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011

18. Lolly_Tolly

Apr 12, 2008
    It might be fun for you, but I'm bored. You guys are boring....

It seems like all of the boards have slowed down since the hype about the move. Let's just hope it recovers afterwards.

19. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I still come to the boards and check on stuff every once in a while. I'm no longer a teen, mentally, I might still be 19 years old. I had this huge Naruto plot bunny bite me when I was literally ripping my hair out over finals and once winter break hit, I managed to leave my fanfic notebook (I write out fanfics by hand sometimes) behind in my apartment and hit a writer's block. :(

I think the light from the computer screen destroys my muses.

Are you still all on break as well?

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Until next Monday, yes. 8-}

21. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    yeah it's back to grad school for me once Monday hits next week. On the one hand, it's no more parent-enforced curfews. On the other, I have to start studying again.

22. Icecruncher_Amidala

Icecruncher_Amidala Jedi Master star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    Wow, it's been a long time since I've been on here. That's DRL for you!;)

Tomorrow morning, starting at 8:30 est, my dad, Brian, is going to be receiving kidney transplant. His donor's name is Darrell. Dad has been waiting eight years for the transplant, but he's had a living donor for three. Every time we thought surgery was going to happen, some other medical issue came up. But it's going to happen this time. Thank you God. Please pray for them and the surgeons tomorrow.

Thanks!
    ~Icecruncher_Amidala

23. Icecruncher_Amidala

Icecruncher_Amidala Jedi Master star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    What a crazy day. There were a bunch of little things that kept holding the surgery up this morning, causing a total delay of four hrs. So they went ahead and opened the donor up while still getting dad ready. During all of the delays the doctors saw that the donor's kidney's weren't putting out as much water as they needed to and called off the transplant. Not having to cut on dad at all! This could be caused by the anesthesia, or some other problem, but if it weren't for the delays they wouldn't have seen this potential problem. Both men are doing well and will most likely come home tomorrow.

God has a plan and is in control, I can't wait to see what will happen next.

Thanks,
    Icecruncher_Amidala

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.