main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Teenage Writers Society

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Arwen-Jade_Kenobi, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Hartlepool?? Cool. That is very close.

And yes, I'm a REAL writer. I've written entirely original stuff. Some of it, [fakemodesty]is better than Starwars[/fakemodesty].

2. Calantha

Calantha Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2002
    The EU authors are considered to be 'real' writers, so I don't see why fan fiction authors shouldn't be. After all, I 've read some fanfiction stories that I considered to be better than the EU novels.

All these people from Eastern Canada! I lived way over in Alberta. My town is conveniantly located in the middle of nowhere - when my parents had to go to the city, half a dozen neighbours sent them to pick things up that aren't available up here. I sent my mother on a mission to find the RotJ soundtrack, so I finally have all of the Star Wars music!

Since I didn't add one initially, here's my Random Fact: My family recently bought a little ShihTzu puppy which we named Padawan. However, since he wreaks havok on everything he encounters, we end up calling him The Little Sithling.
    ~Calantha

3. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    My family recently bought a little ShihTzu puppy which we named Padawan. However, since he wreaks havok on everything he encounters, we end up calling him The Little Sithling.

LOL, Calantha.

Full-time professional author, perhaps not, but part-time maybe. I just want to be a good writer, the 'professional' bit doesn't really matter all that much. ;)

I live in Singapore and it's pretty okay here, but sometimes it gets in the way of costuming. Websites and online, people say that Tandy Leather has this, and Walmart has that, but we don't have either here and we just have to settle for substitutes or keep on searching.

4. Lady__Skywalker

Lady__Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2002
    I consider myself a writer. I find that my stories (original ones) are very interesting and thought provoking.

Although, I don't think I'd persue writing as a career. I still have my heart set on that Broadway dream.

5. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    I probably wouldn't like Broadway too much. I mean, doing the same thing every night for who knows how long? I mean, sometimes it can be years...

I'd much prefer Hollywood. :D My greatest dream is going up there to recieve an Oscar, whether it be for writing, acting, or whatnot...

6. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I intend to try to make my living writing. :p My ultimate dream, I suppose, is writing a Star Wars novel that 1, I actually get paid for ( ;) ), and 2, one that's actually considered part of the EU. ;)

We may write something different or not entirely original (playing in GL's sandbox :p ), but that doesn't mean we don't write. We're real writers. ;)

7. Owe-me-one Perogi

Owe-me-one Perogi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2000
    NAME: Owe-me-one Perogi (Mari)

FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW?
    I don't really know, I am pretty sure that I saw the Ewok movies before I had even heard of Star Wars. I really loved the Ewoks when I was little maybe when I was 3 or 4, I'm not really sure. I wasn't really interested in Star Wars, I was more so interested in Star Trek (Hehe..), then TPM came out and I gained interest in it, but I like the OT a little more than the Prequels now.

FIRST FANFIC AT? 11, but that wasn't SW and I didn't show it to anyone I just wrote it for myself. First SW fic was when I was 14, I think.

FAV CHARACTER? Tie b/w Han and Obi-wan

WHY? I like Han's personality, and his humorous nature. Obi-wan, well I don't know why, I just do.

EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT? Yes.

PT? Yes, but it was just a Round Robin

8. TurnedJedi

TurnedJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2002
    NAME: TurnedJedi
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: Basically directly when my parents brought me home after birth. My eldest brother is an enormous fan, but now I've taken over... ;)
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: 17, last summer
    FAV CHAR: R2D2. Who else!?
    WHY?: He's just so cool. But I must say that when I write I like writing for Threepio better, because you can put him in any hell-like scenario you'd please... :D
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Not so far
    PT?: Yes
    EU?: Again, not so far but I am planning a little something...

9. Solo_Skywalker

Solo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2003
    Name: Solo_Skywalker

First Encouter with Star Wars: 5, I had to leave the room when I saw the back of Darth Vader's head in ESB, ohhhh! (shudders)

First Fanfic written at: age 15

Fav Char: Han Solo

Why?: He's very funny, and I like to watch him change from being "scruffy looking nerfherder" to a pretty sensitive guy. Though "scruffy looking" is him at his best! Luke's cool too.

Ever written OT?: Yes

PT?: Not yet

Random Fact: Hmmm... I'm criminally insane... and my aunts cat is called Princess Leia. :D

10. Jedi_Fighta

Jedi_Fighta Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2003
  11. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I'd much prefer Hollywood. My greatest dream is going up there to recieve an Oscar, whether it be for writing, acting, or whatnot...
    Me too!! Thats my dream also. :D I'd love to be a famous actress. [face_love] Writing is my second passion, and if acting doesn't work out, I must be a succesful writer. ;)

12. StormtrooperVF101

StormtrooperVF101 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2001
    Name: Jason Garber
    First encounter with Star Wars: Can't remember was so long ago, proabbly in the Top five first movies I ever saw.
    First Fanic Written at: I hope soon, busy working on a Warhammer 40K story.
    Fav. Character: Stormtroopers, just because they look cool. Enough about accuarcy. ;)
    Ever written in the OT: Tried.
    PT: Planned to rewrite TPM more to my liking. Haven't had the time to do it though.

Other stuff:

Nicknames:

StormtrooperVF101
    Target Practice 101
    CDC-265
    SturmtrooperVF101
    StormtrooperVF1
    TP101
    War Inc.
    etc....

I plan to enlist in the US Army in 2 1/2 years. Not good at creating names, quick plots, or writing female characters. I'm currently reading the wonderful book entitled: "How to Make WAR: A comprehensive guide to modern warfare"

Yes it is a real book I plan to purchase the new edition that comes out in April.

Also, I rarely ever post with out remembering something else and having to make a crap load of edits to get everything said.

I'm a future WWII (US, and German) Reenactor, along with future American Civil War reenactor (I saw Gods & Generals twice, wanted to see it more but it's not in the theaters anymore :( )

13. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Name : JediNemesis (or Nemesis)

First encounter with SW: 10, with TPM. I loved it to bits (I didn't know any better, OK? :) )

First fanfic written at : 11. I didn't show it to ANYONE.

Fav character : Luke Skywalker. He is not a whiny brat. HE ROCKS!

Ever written in the OT : Yup.

PT : Trying at the moment.

Random stuff : Oldest of four - no, DAMMIT, FIVE kids (new baby brother Haakon born last night)

Am a great LOTR fan.

- JediNemesis :D

14. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    New topic: What was your first fic...looking back are you afraid to say you wrote it?

In my case, not really. My first fic was Rainy Days, I revised it a year after a wrote it b/c I was replused by the plot gaps and grammar. The fic still needs a lot of redux work but I'm not gonna bother. The past is the past

15. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    NAME: Jedi_Knight150 (Leah)
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: Around when I was 5
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN: I started "Visions of Darkness" last year, but never finished it. I'm working on another story now though.
    FAV CHAR: Obi-Wan Kenobi
    WHY?: During his lifetime he has to deal with a lot of tragic events, but he finds ways to deal with them.
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Nope
    PT?: Nope

16. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Um, well I've only written one so far...

In a few months I'll probably go back and do some editing though :)

17. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    My first fic was called "My Young Apprentice," and, thank the Lord, it disappeared in the move to Snowboards and was locked even before that. It was all rather pointless. ;)

18. Jadis_Ionian

Jadis_Ionian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Wow, that made me remember the first fic I ever wrote. [face_shocked] It was a (very) short story about Mara Jade that my dad had me write as a school assignment. Considering my level of experience and what I knew about the character, it actually wasn't that bad. Rereading it now I don't cringe too much. ;) Not that I'd ever show it to anyone, though...

Sometimes I find rereading my old stuff is good, as I can tell where I've improved. Other times it just depresses me. :p

*Jadis*

19. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    My first fic was scary and really bad. I never finished it and in fact I think its locked now. But it was a fun way to get started in Fan Fic. It taught me what I needed to work at and I like to think that I've become a better writer since then.

J_J

20. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    In my sig, and so far its got nothing but good reviews. I've tried starting numerous other things, but this is the first to make it past Chapter 2.

21. Solo_Skywalker

Solo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2003
    My first and only fic is called Death Of A Hero, its and AU story about what if Han Solo had died in ROTJ, how would everyone have dealt with it. Its still alive somewhere on the Beyond the Saga board. Last time I checked it was on the first page. I don't regret it yet, but if I write more I might. Still check it out if you want and tell me what you think:
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11077385 :D

22. Queen_Sara

Queen_Sara Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    My first fic (Tears Can Be Mended) sucked amazingly. I've rewritten it and started reposting it in the new forum, but it's still not very good.

So yes, I am kind of scared to say I wrote it.

:) ~*^SARA^*~ :)

23. Cammi_Kenobi

Cammi_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2003
    Hi I'm a new writer here I should start posting a story here in a little while [face_shocked]

Her's a little bit about me:

NAME: Cammi Kenobi
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: 6 or 7
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: starting one soon
    FAV CHAR: Obi-Wan Kenobi, and [face_love] Anakin [face_love]
    WHY?: Obi-Wan: he has a very good character to him and hes nice to read about
    [face_love] Anakin [face_love] : Duh!!! Have you seen how HOT he is in the second movie!!! (drools) [face_love]
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Nope
    PT?: soon

24. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    What was your first fic...looking back are you afraid to say you wrote it?

My first fanfic was for a kids show, and yes, I am embarassed by it. My first SW fic on the other hand was only begun in July, and I'm not afraid to say I wrote Not the World's Greatest Babysitters.

25. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    NAME: you can call me alex if you want, but you may as well stick with TJF, Trix, Trickster, etc. :p

FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: uh...i was seven, it was new years eve, my parents were watching it and i plunked myself down and said i wanted to watch it...i've been addicted ever since :p i've been obsessed since i read YJK a couple years ago

FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: 13 (yeah, i've been writing SOOOOO long, right?)

FAV CHAR: ooh...that's a MEAN choice! um...Obi-wan in the movies and jaina in eu :D

WHY?: obi-wan's got so many layers...and he's pretty laid-back, then his dry humour makes him irresistible, partly cuz it reminds me of my own ;) and zekk...mm...put it this way: who could NOT? ?[face_plain] ;)

EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: nope :p i can't. i'd see it as messing with something to concrete...plus i'd be afraid to mess something up 8-}

PT?: nope...well, unless you count the one my sister asked me to write (it's on my computer, never to be completed, probably)

i write in EU, really...mostly around jaina, though i make plenty of OC's, cuz i started with original work (4 years ago now, unless you count my phase in grade 2-4 :eek: ) and i find it pretty natural to write OC's, while i have trouble keeping normal characters the way they should be...

as for my first fic....oooh...i'm terrified by the idea that i wrote my first fic :p it was original, but it was still horrible :p ugh...talk about a mary sue fest with a stupid plot [face_laugh] i can't read it anymore :p my first fan fic...well, let's just say i can definitely see that i've improved 8-}

~TJF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.