main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Temiri Blagg (Broom Boy) in IX and Beyond

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by StarWarsFan91, Dec 15, 2017.

1. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I remember the first time I saw TLJ, the guy next to me was with his girlfriend, and when Broom Boy showed up at the end, she said, "Who's that?" and he answered (completely seriously), "That's Luke's cousin." WTF? Apparently it made sense to her, though, since she just said, "Oh, okay."

2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    That's how I feel too. Having the a bunch of new Force users front and center in Ep. IX, playing a big role in the story would be pulling the movie in a totally different direction. If there are Force users in Ep. IX they should have a tiny role.

3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

Same here. When I saw that, I thought it was actually kind of a good ending. But for the end of Episode IX. The idea that Broom Boy represents, that there are many other random (and perhaps even young) force sensitives out there is a great and compelling foreshadowing concept to show at an ending. But not for the middle film in a trilogy, which IMO has a lot of ground to cover already, in OTHER areas that IMO are more important to resolve at the moment.

All of it just gives me the impression that LFL is SO bent on being done with the Skywalker saga and starting something new, that they're kind of jumping the gun abit in terms of story in some areas...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    godisawesome likes this.
  4. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I totally agree that the Broom Boy ending felt more like how one would end the trilogy and though I liked that ending in TLJ the placement of it in the trilogy is a bit awkward. It has left some to wonder if Broom Boy is going to show up in Ep. IX. Others like myself wonder if Broom Boy plus some other Force users will show up. At the same time I wonder if JJ might ignore Broom Boy and what he symbolizes altogether which might be a little weird since TLJ ends with the message that there are other Force users out there right at a time when the good guys need as much help as possible. Why wouldn't JJ do something with that idea in Ep. IX? I guess the answer to that goes back to my earlier comment that Ep. IX shouldn't focus mainly on Broomy and his buddies. At the same time to not acknowledge Broomy or the concept of other Force users in the galaxy makes me wonder why it was included in TLJ in the first place if there was no guarantee that they'd be referenced in the next movie. I know, I know, different directors have different ideas.

Maybe my expectations are totally wrong about the roll of Broomy and Co. Maybe that kid that Rose gave the Rebel ring to is friends with Broomy and they get in contact with the Resistance and Rey? Who knows?

5. Chewie's flea powder

Chewie's flea powder Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2015
  6. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Well, I just figured Broom Boy to be more of a symbol, representing the (presumably) numerous "downtrodden and oppressed" individuals/Force sensitives out there around the wide Galaxy that are sympathize with the cause of the Resistance. I don't think we'll see Broom Boy in there at all. I just think it was a foreshadowing thing.

This is why I hope that IX will take place several (like 5 or more) years after TLJ, so that hopefully this thread can be played on abit, with the Resistance having built up some sort of improved underground influence throughout the galaxy-and perhaps they've even picked up some Force users along the way, which Rey has been helping to discover their powers...We then come back to our heroes, years later-when the Resistance has taken full control of the major systems in the galaxy-at least on paper if you know what I mean-and the Resistance (and Jedi perhaps) has been spending these last several years biding their time and secretly building their forces. Then, pan down, and we begin...

7. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    That's how I've always understood it too but like you touched on before that sort of setup/foreshadowing seems to make more sense if it appeared at the end of Ep. IX.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  8. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Episode IX: The Last Straw

Maybe Broom Boy's scene is a nod to Jonathan Swift's Meditation Upon a Broomstick.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meditation_Upon_a_Broomstick

We have learned that George Lucas had the idea of the sequel trilogy involving the microbiotic world of the Whills.
    Jonathan Swift wrote the novel Gulliver's Travels.
    Perhaps the Whills represent the miniscule Lilliputians, and Broom Boy represents Gulliver. And then, in Episode IX, we encounter a race of colossi from The Unknown Regions, who are the equivalent to the giant Blefuscudians. The tiny Whills and The Unknown Region giants are at war with eachother, and it's the medium-size beings who will bring balance to The Force.

9. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    If that did happen, that would make more sense...I suppose in my last I was just trying to make at least some sense of what did happen.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  10. dogprivilege

dogprivilege Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    IX should start from the POV of some these downtrodden people about to get attacked by the FO, show how in the time since VIII that people have begun to take inspiration from both Luke's actions and Rey/Finn/Poe, before they actually come to save the day.

Just a thought. I absolutely think IX needs to follow this aspect of TLJ in some way or another, even if just for the sake of worldbuilding.

Snokers likes this.
  11. Set Future 66

Set Future 66 Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2018
    The broom boy might want revenge for his poor job. He may want to do some good too.

12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Thinking that the film will begin at least a year or so, and knowing that Force Sensitives are rare and precious, I'm hoping that he'll be the other MacGuffin in Episode IX. This may not be the main storyline, mind you, but it could be the main focus which brings Rey and Kylo together again and how the latter redeems himself in the end. The movie could even mirror TESB in a way, but in a reverse manner where the boy is found and delivered by the KOR to Kylo Ren. Maybe Rey is told by a visionary Luke to find him in the first act and the KOR beat her to the punch. This could be how Rey will convinvce the Resistance to come out of hiding and commit to an attack on whatever else the FO was scheming. This also has enormous potential and could somewhat make the next film have this high tension feel to it if there's not much more than a blowing up a super weapon scenario.

Whatever the case, I hope Lucasfilm doesn't squander an opportunity to showcase at least this already established potential Jedi, even if it's in a minor capacity during the next movie. To not even have him involved at all would be disappointing. But in the end I want what they want to tell me, because this is all hopeful thinking and I don't want to be one of these fanbabies crying about what they should have done instead. ;)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  13. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    "Mayor Tamiri Blagg...... I like the sound of that!"

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  14. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I chuckle that we are still calling him broom boy even though his real name has been revealed for awhile.

Anyways I would like to see him again in the end of IX in a time jump. One that shows him as the apprentice to Rey, and him being her only student.

15. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Bring him back to do the broom saber stance again at the very end of IX. :)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  16. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    He's probably Rey's younger brother, Unkar sold him years ago but kept Rey as she was bringing in scrap.

17. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Rey would remember him.

18. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    She forgot quickly enough Kylo murdering her friend Han Solo and that was only a few days previous.

19. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    She didn't forget, look at her face when Luke says "Where is Han?" She even asks Kylo why he did it, and is crying the whole time.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  20. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    I wasn't being serious.

teamhansolo likes this.
  21. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    I suspect Temiri Blagg wont even get a mention in IX. This is pretty much how the ST has gone, start a bunch of plot lines then start more plot lines, and finally start more plot lines. Oh yea, kill the OT characters off for dramatic effect.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I don't see how considering he would have been approximately minus-12 years old when Rey was abandoned by their parents.

23. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Like clockwork.

24. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    There's no real reason to have him in Episode IX. He's in TLJ to serve a specific narrative and thematic function.

DARTH_BELO and Ubraniff Zalkaz like this.
  25. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    That's what I think. I mean if he's in 9 that's fine, but I'm not expecting or demanding it.

Roosterq likes this.