main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Temptations: A Support Group for Those Dedicated to be Spoiler Free!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by tangled_sphere, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    83 fics????? Holy twisted metal, Batman! :eek:

2. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    Now, let me offer what might be an interesting challenge for you : begin a fic that will include RotS material once you've seen the movie, but will not in its first posts, since you are spoiler-free

That shouldn't be too hard. You could use EP 3 vehicles, starships, starfighters and minor characters and make it a Clone Wars fic that happens right before the start of EP3.

3. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    The uber fan fic.

A long time ago in a GFFA, Obi-Wan fought Anakin and Anakin became Darth Vader. The end. ;)

OMG, spoilers. ;)

Lazy K likes this.
  4. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    [face_laugh]

Actually I'm going to try and tackle a nastier one : now that RotS is about to come out, I'll try and blend the events in it with what is basically a reflexion of Anakin on his entire life ;)

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    AHHHH!!!!

My Fan Force leader just watched the movie AT Skywalker Ranch sitting NEXT to Lucas.

12 days almost exactly till midnight! AHHH!!

6. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    All this talk of it being the darkest of the movies, is just making me more excited, though my significant other says I shouldn't watch it since I'll get nightmares :p

In fact, I'm so lacking in brain power that I've already forgotten half the spoilers I've come across. Go me! YAY! :D

I came across a magazine of TIME in the waiting room today, and I had flashbacks to ROTJ spoilers :mad: I'm staying strong! [face_worried]

12 days! [face_dancing] I can't wait [face_dancing]

83 fics with spoiler warnings!!! I can't wait to peruse the board without getting paranoid ;)

Interesting challenge there [face_thinking] Let me know if you start.

I think I should start making a list of the fics I'm going to read once I've seen the movie :)

7. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    I came across a magazine of TIME in the waiting room today

Do not read Time if you want to be spoilered. I have a subscription to it and I read the article and was surprised at how spoilerish it was. And then, get this, they say 'skip over the next two paragraphs if you do not want to be spoilered about Darth Sidious' identity'. Even though they reveal a lot before that. Hmm...that sure makes a lot of sense.

What I find ironic is the fact that my mother who will yell at me for mentioning just the tiniest little thing, read the article, but didn't read the Darth Sidious part. Even though she saw the OT in the seventies and countless times after that with me and my siblings. I don't get it sometimes...

8. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    I'm holding my breath. My sister, who loves to spoil herself and find me odd is away and so is my brother who spoilt both TPM and AOTC. I just hope I can see it before either of them return.

9. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    *cough*Losers*cough*

Awww.. You know I love you all. In fact, I am sort of spoiler free myself. Well, I have not read the whole book yet. That's how I define not completely spoiled. :D

10. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    That's how I define not completely spoiled.

The thing is that the book is a bit different from the movie. All right, not much, but there are a few tiny differences. I think...at least that's what I got the impression of after reading all the scripts, seeing all the tv spots and pics and pretty much everything else I can get my hands on...

And 11 days left. You can do it!

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    10 Days! We're in the final countdown!! :D

12. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    My hubby gave me the ROTS book for Mother's Day! But since I told him I was spoiler free (Actually surprised him) he told me I couldn't read it until after I see the movie. (which was my plan.)

Now it's just sitting on my bedside table taunting me. I have to keep my glasses and watch on top of it so I won't be tempted to just stare at it. :p

13. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Same here, mouse2! Well, actually, my son picked it out for me for Mother's Day. But...how do you say you're spoiler free to a five year old? I've only read the prologue and part of chapter one so far, so it's not like I've killed the movie for myself, but having the book in front of me is definitely some hard temptation... :eek:

14. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Man makes me almost glad I don't have any kids :p I have a hard enough time walking into the bookstore and back out without purchasing it. Kudos to you who have the book but aren't reading till after the film -- you have waaay more willpower than I do :p

15. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    9 days!!! [face_dancing]

There are so many commercials out now!!! I was at my aunt's house the other day, watching TV with my cousin, and a commercial came on. It was so tempting, but I actually ran out of the room so I couldn't see it. Then last night I had to close my eyes and cover my ears so I wouldn't see or hear it, and now my family thinks I'm totally insane. :p Oh, the joys of being spoiler-free!

16. JediCallista_1_6_e54

JediCallista_1_6_e54 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    W-w-w-what?!?!?!? I finally succumb to spoilers and two minutes after I find a support group. WOW, my luck.

17. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    [face_laugh]

*goes back hunting people who have already seen the movie to make them pay* :p

18. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    9 days! :eek:

I went with my step-son to Hitchhikers, and yes, I saw the preview :_| Okay, why am I more exciteed than ever?!? [face_dancing] I was so excited, I ended up poking him during the preview, and going 'wow!' I'm sure he thinks I'm totally insane anyway! 8-}

I'm still trying though, but I'm sure my son would have been very amused with me running through the aisles or putting my fingers in my ears, but I was transfixed. Help!

Alright, I'm not even TOUCHING the book until I see the movie :p

And I can't wait to start reading some of the fics in here.

9 days, I have fallen but I have not given up! (I know...once you start down the path..) Stay strong everyone! I am not reading ANYTHING!

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *whimpers* The book is within my reach...

My stupid dad... He came down this weekend, and looked through my book to see Matt Stover's autograph (he's already read the book). The then flipped to a page and started reading. I think I must have been heard yelling from a mile away. :p

20. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    That's mean. That's evil!

I looked at the book on the library shelf for about five minutes, just staring.

21. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Me too! I wanted to read the book so bad, I could practically here it calling "buy me" "read me" but alas I stayed strong till the end (actually, my roommate called me a nerd and hauled me out of the bookstore :p)

22. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I have learned the hard way not to read the book before I see the movie (except for Harry Potter and LOTR because I mean c'mon.)

I'm really bad at comparing what I read in the book as to what's in the movie and how I pictured it in my head. I've ruined so many good movies that way. That's how I'm staying strong! :)

I've tried staying away from the trailers but I was hit with it when I went to see Robots. Plus anytime anything SW comes on TV I hear my daughter yelling; "Mommy! It's Star Wars!"

23. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Luckily, I am thoroughly spoiled because my kids got me the DVD trivia game for Mother's Day. Who needs jewelry? :p

But I realized that everything I was writing was SPOILER full, so I am making a real effort now to write things that are SPOILER FREE. I felt bad...

I seriously don't know how you do it. I had to quiet my son down when we were at his tutoring session waiting for the tutor. He and another boy (also spoiled) were talking about ROTS in GREAT detail. I had to tell them that not everyone wanted to know all about it. They looked at me in shock!

One week from today I'll be waiting at the theater to see ROTS. Midnight showing and I'm getting there early so it counts. It really does.

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I could practically here it calling "buy me" "read me"

LOL!!! Same here!

My roommate has gotten used to me just randomly yelling, "NO, I will NOT read you!" :p

8 DAYS!!!!!

25. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    8 DAYS!!!!!

It's really just a week for those of us who will be going to see it Wednesday night! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.