main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Temptations: A Support Group for Those Dedicated to be Spoiler Free!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by tangled_sphere, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    It's odd, but as the world-wide release of RotS (except in a certain island nation whose natives must have seriously angered the gods) draws near, the calmer I feel about the whole darn thing. I'm more bothered by the notion that I'll have to stay away from the active parts of the JC to avoid spoilers. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if I might not be a Star Wars fanatic after all.

I wonder how I'll feel fifty days from now . . .

- lazy

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    lazykbys, I am the exact oppposite of you. I'm getting more and more excited as it nears.... is it really only a couple days now?!? *Begins bouncing around the room* :D :D

Had to work this weekend and everytime there was a mention of SW on the radio I'd stop what I was doing and just listen with this huge goody grin on my face. How do I know it was goofy??? My co-workers told me so as they apparently watched me.

Then last night there was another preview and I plugged my ears and ran from the room. Only to be laughed at by my daughter who informed me it was a preview for AOTC that's going to be on TV Sunday. Feel a bit foolish?? Yeah, but I just can't help myself. 8-}

I do worry that it won't live up to my expectations and excitement.... :(

3. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    lazy, that happens to me a lot. Not for ROTS, but for Harry Potter (the 6th book is coming out in July), for AOTC it was the same way and countless other things. I'm not sure why, but I guess it's because it's far away. I don't think you're becoming any less of a fanatic. It's just that you know you have to wait 50 days, so if you spend all 50 of them so riled and excited, you won't have any energy left for when the movie does come.

Or something. *grins* But don't worry. I'm sure you'll be back after you've seen it, still a fanatic and everything.

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm on my way over to rack in line time for our Ep. 3 line. :D

It's a good thing that a lot of my club members are even more spoiler free than I am, or I would be doomed. Especially since two people have already seen it! :eek:

5. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    The people who work at my Barnes and Nobles must think I'm crazy. I really needed to read LoE before I saw the film and as I'm near broke (besides ticket money :p) and my library didn't have it in, I decided I'd read the book in the bookstore. So I bribe my mom to drive me there and then curl up and read it in an hour flat. So while I'm waiting like half an hour for my mom to come pick me up, I keep on drifting towards the ROTS display, and thus towards the novel...

AHHHH!!!!!!! THE TEMPTATION!!!!!!!!

But I didn't give in... just ran around muttering to myself about how "I can't look back, just keep walking.. stay away from the evilness!! No, spoilers are bad, stay away, stay away!!" :p

:p

6. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    The people who work at my Barnes and Nobles must think I'm crazy. I really needed to read LoE before I saw the film and as I'm near broke (besides ticket money ) and my library didn't have it in, I decided I'd read the book in the bookstore. So I bribe my mom to drive me there and then curl up and read it in an hour flat.

Oh I do that all the time. Curling up in bookstores that is. Barnes and Nobles is so great to do that in and Borders is nice as well. There are so many spots to curl up in... I'll even plant myself in the middle of the isle (not recommended- you will get tripped over).

And since I'm in Europe and it is 2:30 am, only one/two more days! (depending if you count Thurs midnight as Wed or Thurs).

7. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Hehe, the best part about those bookstores is the Starbucks/other coffee place. :D

8. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh my gosh!!! Can it really be 2 days??? :eek:

Then last night there was another preview and I plugged my ears and ran from the room. Only to be laughed at by my daughter who informed me it was a preview for AOTC that's going to be on TV Sunday. Feel a bit foolish?? Yeah, but I just can't help myself.

Here's a big sympathetic hug, Healer_Leona. [:D] The other day, I ran from a commercial for the Ep.III video game, and my brother was laughing at me and saying I was scared of the TV. :rolleyes:

But I didn't give in... just ran around muttering to myself about how "I can't look back, just keep walking.. stay away from the evilness!! No, spoilers are bad, stay away, stay away!!"

And here's a big sympathetic hug for you, Code_Name_Targeter. [:D] I was at a bookstore recently, and I found the Ep.III stuff, and it was just sooo tempting. So I kind of yelled, "No!" and walked out of there really quickly, and everyone was just staring at me. Stupid non-SW-obsessed people! :p

All this talk about curling up in bookstores and reading is making me want to do just that. Hmmm...since my parents won't take me to a midnight showing, maybe I can talk them into a trip to Chapters this weekend so I can read the novel... [face_thinking]

Be strong, everyone! You can do it! [:D]

9. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Oh, I do that. The people at my bookstore stalk me now. :p

I had to make a pact with my little brother while I'm in a bookstore/library. If he sees me even looking at the RotS book, he makes a lot of noise and embarasses me. :p

Avoiding the commercials is getting harder and harder now. I just run whenever I hear the SW theme...

10. spiritgurl

spiritgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2003
    I don't exactly belong here, seeing as I have long ago given into temptation and was spoiled, but I was wondering who here (spoiled or not) is planning on going to a midnight showing of E3 tomorrow night?

Liz

11. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Wish I could, but no. I want to go with my friends and they refuse to stay up for it. :p

12. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Me me me! I'm going :D

13. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    *raises hand* Spoiled and loving it and going on opening night! :D Even doing a skit while waiting in line ;) now THAT's gonna be fun!!!

14. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Well, my extended family now thinks I'm even more nuts. :p

We were at the farm, playing cards, with the tv on in the background... I saw a flash of something Star Wars and jumped up and ran to another room with no explanation. Luckily, my parents were able to tell them why I was suddenly acting possessed. :p

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm getting in line at 10 am tomorrow. Since I won't talk to you guys until after the movie, HAVE FUN!!!!! !

And...

WE DID IT!!!! SPOILER FREE UNTIL EPISODE 3, BABY!!! :D

16. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    I ordered some ROTS stuff off amazon (The Novel, visual dictionary, soundtrack) and it came early [face_worried] It's all sitting in a box waiting to be opened, torturing me for the final 48 hours of my wait. Plus I got the video game last week and that is still unopened :_|

Pray for me...

17. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Alright, I'm going to be in the movie theater tomorrow at midnight!

I'd love to see your skit Paddy Sis, you'll have to tell me all about it and I can't wait to read your viggie. I can't tell you how it feels going into the saga forum and seeing all these enticing titles! :p

I was in Barnes and Noble (for something completely unrelated, of course) and fondled the book and then felt VERY guilty and put it down 8-}

Alright, I can't wait until tomorrow! Midnight, and I get to go with my step-son YIPPEEE! :D

18. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    I would like to share this post I read in 3NS the other day:
    Lars_Muul:
    What I will feel like on opening night[hr]I will be in awe.
    I will have spine tingles.
    I will be laughing manically inside.
    I will not be able to move.
    I will not be able to sit still.
    I will not be able to speak.
    I will not be able to keep quiet.
    I will be as happy as I ever was.
    I will be horrified.
    I will be the hero.
    I will be the villian.
    I will love.
    I will hate.
    I will cry.
    I will sweat.
    I will shiver.
    I will be pumped with adrenaline.
    I will be exhausted.
    I will be jumping in my seat.
    I will be crawling on the floor.
    I will bleed.
    I will hold my breath.
    I will pinch my arm.

I will never feel so alive again.

[b][i]Star Wars forever[/i][/b]
    /LM[hr][/blockquote]

Have fun at RotS, everyone! :)

- lazy

PS - There are now [b]100[/b] RotS spoiler fics. Wow.

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *heads off to line*

Have fun guys!!!!! :D

20. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Have fun Miana! Here's to you getting that perfect seat!

It's tomorrow at 4:45 for me! My mom's even getting off work early to watch the little ones as my hubby takes me on a date. (It's about time too! :p)

21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I've got tickets for mignight tonight but not getting in line till 8pm... seating doesn't matter as much as just being there. I can stand for all I care. LOL

OOhh, a date huh Mouse?? Sweet!

22. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Yep! And I'll even let him take me to Burger King too! [face_laugh]

23. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Lazy! I love it! Thanks for putting that up. :) Alright, heading off for the lines, hopefully I'll be able to at least sit in the same side of the ISLE as my stepson [face_worried]

24. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I probably won't be here again before I see RotS tomorrow evening. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for helping me make it without getting spoiled. I wasn't really a SW fan until Episode II, so Episode III is a huge thing for me, and I'm glad I'll be able to see it and be mostly surprised. So thank you all. [:D]

To everyone who's seen the movie, I hope it surpassed your expectations. To everyone who will soon be seeing it, I hope you have the most amazing time. To lazykbys and anyone else who still has to wait a while, stay strong. You can do it! :)

What I will feel like on opening night
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I will be in awe.
    I will have spine tingles.
    I will be laughing manically inside.
    I will not be able to move.
    I will not be able to sit still.
    I will not be able to speak.
    I will not be able to keep quiet.
    I will be as happy as I ever was.
    I will be horrified.
    I will be the hero.
    I will be the villian.
    I will love.
    I will hate.
    I will cry.
    I will sweat.
    I will shiver.
    I will be pumped with adrenaline.
    I will be exhausted.
    I will be jumping in my seat.
    I will be crawling on the floor.
    I will bleed.
    I will hold my breath.
    I will pinch my arm.

I will never feel so alive again.

I love it. :_| :) Thanks for sharing that.

Good night, everyone, and may the Force be with you.

25. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Okay, in 10 and a half hours I'll finally get to see it! Just to get myself ready I've been watching AotC, and listening to the CD in my car... :D

PSYCH, PSYCH, PSYCH!!! :D

Also am debating whether or not to wear my Darth Vader helmet and bring my Anakin/Vader lightsaber (it changes color and hums when you thwack it!) At first my husband said he would claim not to know me but I told him that all the weirdos will be out this weekend. He doesn't think the middle of New Jersey has many of them, but I asked him who he thinks he's kidding :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.