main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Actually, if you're protesting what I think you are, then Kyle does tell that to Sarah in T2 in a deleted scene reintegrated into the film for the various Special Edition cuts of the film. :-B

2. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Which is why I called it misleading rather than inaccurate, because 1) the scene wasn't even in the original release and 2) the line in that added scene is a reference to when he ORIGINALLY said it in the first film. Not to mention that the message wasn't even really from Kyle to Sarah but from JOHN to Sarah, with Kyle as the messenger.

The article makes it seem as if the line originated in T2, which is misleading.:-B:p

3. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002

4. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I hope your right Quest, because after finally catching up on the previous season and getting into this one, I really hope Fox doesn't pull the plug. The final few episodes of this season were amazing!

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, I won't say it's a guarantee the show is coming back, but I think it's chances are optimistic- at least more than EW or AICN would have you think (Herc on AICN will blow a gasket if Terminator comes back and not Dollhouse [face_laugh] ).

6. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I have no interest in Dollhouse. I'm sure that show will get the axe. Terminator has a good chance. It's hung in there so far. The flying effect of the prototype Hunter Killer looked very good for the budget they are on. I'm looking forward to seeing more hunter killers in the future for next season. It looks like the show may coincide with the Terminator Salvation Timeline.

7. DRHJ9

DRHJ9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2003
    Dollhouse is OK...but TTSCC is a much better show...

If a season 3 does happen....I wonder if John will have to send Kyle Reese back in time to protect him....that would be really interesting, Not being able to tell Kyle that he is Johns father.

8. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    I'm fairly sure that if Season 3 happens this future is going to be the future in which John Connor never existed, and in which he probably WON'T end up doing the stuff we know of Future John doing. That'll happen after John goes back to the present and lives through Judgment Day post-series.

9. DRHJ9

DRHJ9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2003
    Yeah, I know, but depending on where in the timeline he is...

I wonder if he will have to force the action so to speak....

What if John creates his own legend? Quite a paradox....

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    So we'll find out if they're going to cancel Terminator four days before the movie comes out and resurrects the franchise on the big screen. One hopes Fox thinks about this. The TV series could become hot stuff. Considering how well the season two opener summarised the last season, I don't see why season three can't do the same thing and loop in the returning fans.

The effort they're going into circulating counter-rumours makes me hopeful.

11. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    I will be a sad panda if TSCC is not picked up for a 3rd season.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    You can be a sad panda. I'll be an angry bear.

Considering T5 has been confirmed, they should really sort this out.

Little question - has Cameron been left behind in the basement? 'I'm sorry John' was playing again and again.

More intriguingly - now John has 'appeared' in the future, he's the approximate age of the human Cameron was based on. Was that done on purpose, do we consider?

13. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    You can be a bear of one sort or another. I will be something else, beyond mortal comprehension.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh C'thulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That works, too. [face_skull]

15. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    TTSCC has just ended here in the U.K., and I think it's been a surprisingly good show. I hated the idea of it when I first heard about it, but the writing has been surprisingly non-formulaic, the characters strong, and the acting serious and free from knowing winks to the audience and self-parody.

I hope it comes back for a third season.

16. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

It's occurred to me that if the show ends now, we'll have no idea how it fits into Terminator continuity. Sigh.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, they've outright said it takes the place of T3, and that Salvation is following T3. But then you could take the "Cromartie and Cameron changed future hisrory" theory to heart and asusme they all fit together eventually.

18. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I've always figured that every time someone travels backwards or forwards in time, it fundamentally screws up everything that happens after that. I've also never bought the 'grandfather paradox' of time travel, that if you go back in time and do something that would prevent you from going back in time in the first place (like killing your grandfather before he has kids) that you'd cease to exist. That never worked for me.

As such, it seems to me that with all the many, many time travelers that have been sent back (and forward) that the Future War doesn't in any way nowadays correlate with the original Future War, which saw a non-prophesized John Connor rise to the head of the resistance after Judgment Day in '97, and sent back one single man at the moment of victory to fight one single robot. By the point of TSCC, the future has been so screwed up so many times over by so many different people and machines that every possible future in every story has, at some point, been the one true correct timeline, including T3, TSCC, and Salvation.

19. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It doesn't. McG said that while he loves the show, he couldn't properly intergrate it into "Salvation", since TSCC aired weekly while his film was shot and done with over a few month period. Basically it's like what happened with the Highlander franchise. The third film was made and released while the series was on television, but they had different storylines. And were set in different continuities.

If you don't like "Rise Of The Machines" and "Salvation", then "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" is the official continuation you can go with.

20. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    As he puts the finishing touches on Terminator Salvation, McG is already looking ahead to the next chapter in what the studio hopes will be another trilogy. "I strongly suspect the next movie is going to take place in a [pre-Judgment Day] 2011," McG reveals. "John Connor is going to travel back in time and he's going to have to galvanize the militaries of the world for an impending Skynet invasion. They've figured out time travel to the degree where they can send more than one naked entity. So you're going to have hunter killers and transports and harvesters and everything arriving in our time and Connor fighting back with conventional military warfare, which I think is going to be [jolly] awesome. I also think he's going to meet a scientist that's going to look a lot like present-day Robert Patrick [who famously played the T-1000 in Terminator 2], talking about stem-cell research and how we can all live as idealized, younger versions of ourselves."
    No.

Link to full article

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  22. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    Why is he spoiling the second movie before the first one is even released?

Oh, and it sounds kind of stupid...

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    This and...

That...

Doesn't work?

In the time travel logic of the films, John Connor was destined to destroy Skynet, thus he was born by sending back in time his father. If Skynet launches an invasion of the past, then the future which enabled it to invade from the past ceases to happen...

Unless there was a non-prophecy John Connor that became prophecy John Connor, and the 'grandfather' theory thing doesn't quite work. Interestingly, there was that TSCC episode where a Terminator was sent back to kill a teen in bootcamp. (The name escapes me now), but Sarah took on that young boy with the same name, while John and Derek defended said initial teen. Is there a knock-on effect?

Did something similar happen to 'a' John Connor?

:confused:

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It depends on how much of a loop there is involved- they could be staggered timelines. There was once a non-Reese-born John who led the reditance timeline, then by sending Reese and the T-800 back, you create a new one with Kyle as the father who is snet back by Reese-John, then by sending the T-1000 and Uncle Bob back, you create another where Judgement Day happens in 2003 instead of 1997, then by sending the T-X back, you create a new timeline where Skynet sorta gave birth to itself and certain resistance leaders are no longer alive, then by sending Cameron and Cromartie back, you create anew timeline, etc, etc.

The one thing that intrigues me is there was that viral website tie-in to TSCC with the videos about a company that developed a camera that could take pictures of the future, but the development team is hunted down by Terminators, but one of the videos also had a giant Skynet warmachine at play as well, which could link into McG's idea.

25. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I haven't followed the series, but recently I browsed through a companion book for the new movie, and I noticed something:

[image=http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-content/uploads/terminator_salvation_moon_bloodgood_still1.jpg]
    Moon Bloodgood as Blair Williams

[image=http://thetvaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/terminator_bts.jpg]
    Summer Glau as Cameron

[face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.