main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    I didn't know that they were going to do this - I think it would be better if they were going to do a series set after T3 as well, as it would screw up the storyline from the films. (and you'd have more stuff to work with) Either way you think about it, the series would probably get dull pretty quickly, because you'd either get endless Terminators going back in time to assinate John, (which would screw up the storyline and get dull, because of the story basically beng the same) or it could have no Terminator involvement at all, which would make it pointless.....

Still, another film would be better anyway.

2. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    The writer has said that it won't be in a 'terminator of the week' format, and the series as a whole is ignoring T3 completely.

Anyway, so far so good. I don't know how the pilot found it's way onto the internet, but I like it. The acting is mostly good, the action quite intense and there's drama there as well.

3. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Too bad they didn't do this in the mid 90's. Then we'd have Hamilton and Furlong. I like Headey from 300, but you can't beat the original.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Probably wouldn't have happened- at that point the prospect of a Cameron-helmed T3 was still prevailant, which wouldn't have left much room for a TV show, I think.

5. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003

Yep. :p

6. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    They can't get a plot out of this unless they pretend T3 never happened.

I can pretend it never happened. T3 was terrible. The series should have stopped at part 2 - in terms of movies. The 3-D Terminator film at Universal is the real T3. At least it had all the original actors. I'll probably still watch the TV show.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I believe it was said Cameron had positioned T2-3D to be sorta "T2.5" and was meant to keep the franchise in the public's eye while he readied T3. Of course then he made Titanic, fell in love with ocean exploration, and achieved enough success and cash to do whatever the hell he wanted, and with the Terminator rights floating about in legal limbo, it feel away from him.

8. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    First Terminator Photo From The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Click on the link to see the photo

Entertainment Weekly has published this new photo of Owain Yeoman as a Terminator in Fox's upcoming "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles," from Warner Bros. Television and C-2 Pictures.

At the end of Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Sarah vanquished the liquid metal Terminator sent from the future to kill her teenage son, John. Sarah and John now find themselves alone in a very dangerous, complicated world. Fugitives from the law, they are confronted with the reality that still more enemies from the future, and the present, could attack at any moment. "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" reveals what happens when Sarah (Lena Headey, 300) stops running and goes on the offensive against an ever-evolving technological enemy bent on destroying her life, and perhaps the world. Her son, 15-year-old John Connor (Thomas Dekker, "Heroes"), knows that he may be the future savior of mankind, but is not yet ready to take on the mantle of leadership that he's told is his destiny. John finds himself inextricably drawn to Cameron (Summer Glau, "Serenity," "The Unit"), an enigmatic and otherworldly student at his high school, who soon proves to be much more than his confidante ? she assumes the role of Sarah and John's fearless protector. On their trail are not only threats from the future, but an intelligent and tough FBI agent, James Ellison (Richard T. Jones, "Judging Amy"), who soon becomes a powerful ally.

In the reinvention of the "Terminator" franchise, the strong and intrepid Sarah discovers that protecting her son and stopping the rise of the machines is more difficult than she had ever imagined.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    There were several teaser spots for the show during Family Guy tonight as well.

10. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    I'm already hoping this show dies a horrible death, and it's 3 months from air.

This is just wrong...they've made it a circus...a new teleported troublemaker each week.

It was hard enough to force T3 into continuity...and in that one, Connor thought they had stopped it all in T2...so this already has to be "alternate reality" because the story has locked this out (time from T2-T3).

Fox is going to ruin their Sunday Night lineup pushing this stuff.

And between this ad and the desperate commercials from Sony begging everyone to rush out a buy a PS3 before the company folds...it might finally be enough for me to get a DVR so I can get around this stuff.

If this series is brought to us by the same jack-holes who are now on strike...let them stay on the picket lines forever!

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I have no problem with this show making T3 an alternate-continuity, as long as the show's any good and doesn't have a terminator-of-the-week structure.

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Wow what's with all of the hate for this show? Have any of you seen the PILOT? Dear lord it's one of the most exciting show launching pilots that I've seen - I'd rank it up w/ the best of them - it's better than the HEROES pilot. I had actually forgotten how much I loved the first 2 Terminator films until I watched the pilot, the opening sequence just gets your blood pumping. My Terminator geek just flew out of me when watching it. I was skeptical before I saw it, but seriously it's really well made, written, and acted. Lena Headly does a fantastic job as Sarah - she plays her a bit more vulnerable than Linda Hamilton, yet she's still tough as nails. Summer rocks, think River but sane and badass.

I'm counting down the days until in premieres on Jan 14th at 8PM.

The creators already said that the show takes place between T2-T3 and fills in the gaps w/ the missing Sarah years that went w/o mention in T3. Besides remember - in the Terminator world - the future is never set, so if they do change things so that T3 doesn't happen - then so be it. If not, well there you go, full continuity.

Here are some new publicity photos:

[image=http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g35/Erika_PLJ/Sarah%20Connor%20Chronicles/Poster06225x335a.png]

[image=http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g35/Erika_PLJ/Sarah%20Connor%20Chronicles/Poster05150x225a.png]

[image=http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g35/Erika_PLJ/Sarah%20Connor%20Chronicles/Poster07225x335a.png]

[image=http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g35/Erika_PLJ/Sarah%20Connor%20Chronicles/0000039829_20070517141504.jpg]

[image=http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g35/Erika_PLJ/Sarah%20Connor%20Chronicles/0000039831_20070517141512.jpg]

[image=http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g35/Erika_PLJ/Sarah%20Connor%20Chronicles/0000044071_20071105171911.jpg]

13. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I really want to see this because of Summer Glau - probably the only reason this show'll be worth watching.

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    ACK! Thanks to the strike they've moved this to 9PM on Mondays against HEROES. The only good news is if the writer's strike lasts longer than expected it won't be up against any new episodes of HEROES.

Thank god for DVRs.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I can't say I was looking forward to dealing with the scheduling conflict on the DVR between 24 and Heroes...

16. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
  17. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Nice posters.

18. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    Some more interesting posters, methinks it's about time I start working on a banner. [face_mischief]

19. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    It would have better if they'd set it between T1 and T2 then we could have seen Sarah become the badass she is in the second movie While being the mother of a small child.

20. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Borg Queen much?

21. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    Let's be honest: This show will almost definitely suck, but will be watched by some(like me, probably) because of Summer Glau. :)

22. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    QFT

23. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Put in the firefly dvds or watch Serenity.

wow...I just realized every browncoat fan hoping for new firefly better be praying this tanks.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    People seem to be saying the show is more T2 than T3...so that certainly seems promising.

25. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm willing to give the show a fair chance. Hopefully, like Quest said, it will be more in the spirit of T2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.