main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    Yeah, but who cares? The show could be Summer running around in a big black garbage bag with a welding helmet and I'd still be at least intrigued(though who wouldn't be at that? :p)

2. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Christain Bale and Van Dessial would look alot like future verison of John connor fron T2.

3. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I assume you mean Vin Diesel and I think he'd be more suited to playing a Terminator than John Connor.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Bale, yes, but Vin doesn't look anything like Connor.

5. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Agreed. Diesel would be much more suited to playing a Terminator, as most of the roles he plas tend to be anti-hero/badass type characters

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Along those same lines, I could see him playing a resistance fighter- or a resistance fighter who turns out to be a terminator ;)

7. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I agree with the above comments about Diesel. He's not a John Connor, but there are numerous roles he could play in the film.

8. anakinandpadmedoomed

anakinandpadmedoomed Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2007
    I agree to diesel isn't john connor, but I can see Christian Bale as him all the way.

9. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Well that makes two of us. I won't go so far as to say they shouldn't have made T2 but T1 on its own is something of a masterpiece.

?Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles? will feature of plenty of terminators after the family ? and detective James Ellison, played by Richard T. Jones.

?It?s really cool to watch him uncover things he doesn?t want to believe are true about [Sarah?s] life and what she?s been talking about over the past 15 years. So he?s constantly after us and then there?s terminators popping up different places,? she revealed.

What:confused: :confused: Didn't John go through the whole "My Mom is not a Psycho/Terminators Are Real' arc in T2. Why are we retconning?

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They're talking about the detective following Sarah, not John.

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    FYI - Ellison is NOT a detective, he's an FBI agent (Richard with Summer and Thomas.)

[image=http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g35/Erika_PLJ/Sarah%20Connor%20Chronicles/SCC_NY11.jpg]

12. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001

I assume that they have the leagal rights to show this at their site. But of course I can't be 100% sure. If the moderators thinks otherwise, you can delete this post or at least the link. :)

The pilot was pretty good if you ask me and I will definitely check out the upcoming episodes.

13. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Agreed. I will definetly keep an eye out for this show. :D

14. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    There's a difference between "Mom is right about Terminators" and "Mom's not a psycho". She's right, but she's also pretty nuts.

15. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    I haven't liked any Terminator movies besides the original, but this series looks like it could be decent. I liked the pilot episode I saw enough to where I would watch the show. The acting is actually better than any of the movies.

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    The part of Sarah's fiance has been recast from the original pilot that was aired at Comic Con. Tim McGuinnee is out and has been replaced w/ TV Veteran Dean Winters (best known for his roles on LAW & ORDER:SVU, OZ, and RESCUE ME.) The scenes w/ the fiance were reshot and the character has been renamed Charley Dixon.

Sources: motherofalldestiny and The Futon Critic.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    FOX PREVIEWS PREMIERE EPISODE OF
    TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES? ONLINE BEGINNING 9:00 PM PT/MIDNIGHT ET ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 4

Preview Available for Only 24 Hours on Yahoo!

In anticipation of the two-night premiere of TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Sunday, Jan. 13 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) and Monday, Jan. 14 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), FOX will offer fans a one-time-only preview of the pilot episode of the new Warner Bros. Television series exclusively on Yahoo! ( HYPERLINK "http://tv.yahoo.com" http://tv.yahoo.com).

The commercial-free preview of TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES will be available for free streaming on Yahoo! for a 24-hour period beginning Friday, Jan. 4 at 9:00 PM PT/Midnight ET. The premiere will also feature an exclusive introduction by Lena Headey (Sarah Connor).

TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES represents an exciting reinvention of the ?Terminator? franchise, in which the strong and intrepid SARAH CONNOR (Lena Headey) discovers that protecting her 15-year-old son, JOHN (Thomas Dekker), and stopping the rise of the machines is more difficult than she had ever imagined. Sarah and John are joined by CAMERON (Summer Glau), an enigmatic and otherworldly high school student, who proves to be much more than a friend and JAMES ELLISON (Richard T. Jones) an FBI agent hot on their trail who soon becomes a powerful ally.

From C2 Pictures in association with Warner Bros. Television, TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES is executive produced by Josh Friedman and John Wirth. James Middleton serves as a consulting producer while Toni Graphia serves as co-executive producer and Natalie Chaidez serves as a consulting producer for the series. The pilot was directed by David Nutter.

Source: Fox Entertainment

18. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    Well, the pilot was good -- but not awesome. I think the writing is workmanlike and passable, but the performances and the staging just have that rushed, TV-movie feel. I'm left feeling it all needed to cook a little bit more; it lacks the 'oomph' of the films -- not just the action, but the interpersonal stuff, too. The dialogue is occasionally silly and groan-inducing.

The climactic bank vault scene certainly got my adrenaline going, and was executed with greater skill than the other action sequences. The concept is a winner, IMO, and I can only hope the episodes get a little better as the creators and the actors fall into the groove of this thing. It has a lot of potential.

19. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Nice episode..

20. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Well said. I've just seen the pilot, it's not as bad as I feared it would be without the Schwarzenegger. I hope it lasts for at least a season or two.

21. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    It should go four seasons. The fourth being the most epic.

22. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    How was it compared to the leaked pilot? Was there many changes? I heard they were going to do without the school shooting scene because of what happened in that Virginia place. Did they make the change?

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    The show creators have seasons 1-4 all mapped out, so for at least that long they already know where the show is going. Josh Friedman is deeply versed in TERMINATOR lore and is actually trying to get back to the core roots of J. Cameron's original intent w/ terminators that they were infiltrators sent back in time to make way for their victory. What I love about the show is that it's an homage to the films. It doesn't try to BE the Terminator films but will morph into it's own entity - rather like SG1 and ATLANTIS.

Lena is an amazing actress and can pull out that tough as nails momma bear when it's needed. Dekker is a fine young actor and is extremely eloquent in interviews. He's also the one bona-fide Terminator geek in the cast. Summer Glau continues to get parts that wonderfully show off her amazing physical prowess and highly understated acting style. She shines as Cameron. Richard T. Jones who plays Agent Ellison is our comic relief - he cracks jokes and is our Scully on the show, who will likely see the light long before she ever did.

The pilot has several key differences from the one that was leaked online.

1) Opening dream sequence has John waiting in a library and Sarah yells at him to leave - rest was the same. Monologue was sped up some and felt a little hurried and disjointed. They moved the "losing a child is like an apocalypse" to the very end of the episode.

2) Fiance was recast and renamed Charley Dixon. He's now played by Dean Winters - best known from the first season of LAW AND ORDER SVU, RESCUE ME, and OZ. All of the fiance scenes were reshot.

3) Sarah/Charley scene right after dream sequence - they were a bit more cozy than in the pilot. Dixon's character had more lines - they're obviously working on building things out so that John and he had in some ways a better relationship than necessarily Sarah and Charley did. Sarah gave him a goodbye kiss and told him that she loved him - something she didn't do in the pre-air version. Actually spoilers for ep 2 GNOTHI SEAUTON has John running off to try to find Charley.

4) Charley was more angry w/ Ellison in their meeting and thought of John like a son.

5) John's no longer as weepy when he asks Sarah to finish things for him, he's stronger - personally I preferred the original version, I have no problem w/ a 15 year old kid finally getting a taste of a normal life only to have it ripped away and being all emo about losing it.

6) School shooting scene - exactly the same - other than they cut Ellison's reaction when he saw the carnage left behind.

7) They inserted the previously deleted scene w/ Sarah and Cameron where Cameron tends to Sarah's wounded shoulder. Before that they drop John off at a convenience store to get stuff for her bloody wound.

8) They included a new scene at a gas station where John is talking to Cameron as she's filling the truck w/ gas. He offers her a chip and then is like "duh - I should've known there was something wrong when the hot girl starts talking to the new guy." Cameron apologized for lying to him. John asked "What model are you? You're different than the others?" She takes a chip and eats it and says "Yes I am."

9) Final change is the last scene, for some reason they removed them all sitting in the house cleaning their guns and replaced it w/ the trio standing outside next to a swingset and then they walked inside. Some haven't much liked this change - I don't mind it because the apocalypse line was added. There's wind and dust blowing in front of Sarah before she enters the house - it harkens back to her initial dream scene in T2 w/ the kids at the playground. I thought it was a nice homage to the original film and showed that this is no longer a dream - but the nightmare is back and it's now real.

10) Finally they inserted new music throughout it so it's got an overall different feel to it.

I'm a rare exception - I like both versions. I prefer the new fiance. The original guy that they cast was too soft, Winters seems more like the kind of guy that Sarah would go for. She still

24. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    I see cancellation in this shows future...

D_M_S_L

25. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    1. It's on FOX.

2. It looks like a pretty good SF/Fantasy show.

3. So, duh. It's going to get moved around the schedule a lot and then cancelled.*

*unless they've got enough episodes in the can to milk it desperately to combat the WGA strike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.