main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Terra's movie idea

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Terra, Jul 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    The shroud of the Darkside has fallen upon the galaxy. Declaring himself Emperor,
    and taking Lord Vader to be his right-hand man, Palpatine is controlling the galaxy with an iron fist.
    Hunted down by the Empire's troops and Lord Vader, the Jedi - once keepers of the peace
    and guardians of justice, are systematically purged - the very people they served turning against them.
    Meanwhile, to try and secure a future for free will in the galaxy, an aging Jedi master
    secretly takes two apprentices to train on the remote world of Penant...

2. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Scene 1 - Penant

(Camera pans down from the sky to show a field-like landscape. Surveys landscape then zoom in on three figures - two knelt before a master.)

Apprentice 1: Meditation lessons again, Master? We cannot meditate Lord Vader to death.

(Master gives chastising look to Apprentice 1 - Apprentice 2 looks over and, in sympathy, adds-)

Apprentice 2: Vader's evil is apparent, Master, and we have learned much...

Master: The force runs strongly with you both but we must limit our usage of the force, lest direct the forces of the Empire here...

Apprentice 1: But Master....we are Jedi, and the Darkside must be stopped!

(Clenchs fist - perhaps close-up of this?)

Master: (Closes eyes and takes deep breath) Yes...in time...it is prophesised one will come and bring balance to the force...I believe one of you will fulfil that prophecy...You still have much to learn and patience is a Jedi trait.

(Apprentice slowly, reluctantly nods)

Master: Now, close your eyes, feel the force around you.......

(Fade out)

3. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    (( Comments/Input/Gripes are welcomed!! ))

4. Mini-Terra

Mini-Terra Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm likin what I'm seein! Could make for an interestin fan movie indeed. Doesn't look like it would be hard to make so far. Perhaps needs a few tweaks but generally very cool. I'd deffinately be willing to take part in its creation if it went ahead.

Post more Terra! Ahh wanna know what happens!

5. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    You already know what happens, dude :p

6. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    (( Have decided to call Apprentice 1 'Arven' :) ))

Scene 2 - Forest

(Apprentice 2 is cooking something- enter Arven)

Arven: Look - natural Adegan crystals! I found them by the cliff-face...they'll go well in my sabre.

(Apprentice 2 rolls eyes)

Apprentice 2: You're obsessed with that weapon - when Master ________ says it's neccessary, he'll guide us through constructing one!

Arven: Building my own Lightsabre is a test of my skills.

Apprentice 2: (Sarcastic)And we both know how you need not only the force, but a lightsabre too, to cope with the odd Womp Rat around here.

(Arven glares)

Apprentice 2: You're far more likely to so yourself an injury - you should wait until the Master deems you ready.

Arven: I know what I'm doing.

(Apprentice 2 turns around)

Apprentice 2: Because you read how to make the weapon in the Master's texts? You should be more careful, Arven.

(Arven sits)

Arven: One day we'll need to face the Darkside...and I'll be ready.

(Apprentice 2 places hand on Arven's shoulder)

Apprentice 2: The Darkside is a long way from here, my friend. C'mon - help me get this soup served...

(The two work together)

Arven: __________ is 'in deep meditation' again? (Mimes sleep)

Apprentice 2: Master ________ is resting, yes.

Arven: If we are to bring balance to the force he should instruct us more...effective ways of doing so.

Apprentice 2: You mean combative training? We have been shown several forms of duelling techniques, Arven...

Arven: With sticks, yes - (sarcasm) Imperials beware - we're armed with sticks!

Apprentice 2: My ally is the force - besides, I don't want to inspire fear...

(Both get on with their task for a little while.)

Apprentice 2: What's with you, anyway? You're not usually this...determined.

Arven: I had another vision...

Apprentice 2: Another dream?

(Arven ignores other apprentice)

Arven: I saw myself fighting - knowing I was the righteous combatant...beating them - striking them down...beating them down...it was someone powerful. I think it was the Emperor...

(There is an awkward pause.)

Arven: I am destined for greatness, ________. (Close up of Arven) I will surpass Master _______ one day...and on that day the Darkside will be no threat to me.....

7. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    (( More soon - have had some thoughts on how to flesh the plot out into a full script. ))

8. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Scene 3 - Penant

Arven: But master...if the only moral way out of a situation is usage of Dark Side power?

(Master shakes head)

Master: Not this argument again, Arven...there is never one solution to a problem, and-

Apprentice 2: Your focus determines your reality, Arven - an act for the good of the many is, by definition, of the lightside, but-

(All wince terribly as if in pain)

Master: The screams...the screams...

Apprentice 2: Master - a million voices screaming out and-

Master: I know, __________, I felt it too...

(Arven, though still pained stands and looks distantly - angrily.)

Arven: You're not going to do anything about this...are you?

Master: Arven, there's nothing we can do...yet.

Arven: The Empire did this...How can you justify us hiding here, Master? How can you justify not opposing an evil like that!? A JEDI KNOWS NO FEAR. You are no Jedi.

(Looks disgusted)

Apprentice 2: Arven - for the Jedi there is no emotion...there is peace.

(Turns an angry look on the second apprentice)

Arven: And you - coward trained from a coward - sitting there quoting platitudes from the Jedi code at me!? Peace doesn't stop people who kill planets full of people..neither of you know what it is to be a Jedi.

(Darkside energy seen crackling subtly in Arven's palms - he storms off.)

Apprentice 2: (After a pause) Master?

Master: Arven...Arven must follow his own path. It's a very emotional time - what with the Empire's latest atrocity...but neither of you are ready to face Vader...only a fully trained Jedi, with the force as his-

Apprentice 2: Why not you, Master?

(Pause - camera turns on the Master, who looks frailer than before)

Master: I...I was never quite a Master - at least, not according to the Council...I was an able Knight once - but I've grown old - you two truly are the last hope...

(Apprentice 2 sighs - looks resolute.)

Apprentice 2: Then I must find Arven...this is not a good time for him to be alone with his anger.

(Their master just slowly nods.)

9. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    I've had some more ideas - suffice to say it'll involve a few more characters than I'd anticipated. Sometime soon I'll take the time to type them up :)

10. death-sticks

death-sticks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    if you get some charisma, you'll be the next george lucas!

11. Yoshi-Toshi

Yoshi-Toshi Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2002
    Come on Terra!!!!

Some of us are waiting for the rest of it!!!! 8-}

12. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    :eek: I have an audience!

My current project is to get ALL this rewritten into one big update which'll also have some new material - it'll involve more crew and actors - I'm fresh from getting an £80 fee for some BBC work, so I'm well motivated ;)

13. death-sticks

death-sticks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    good luck.

mtfbwy.

actually, i can see george lucas getting evil and surrounded by his cronies, all conspiring how to rid themselves of the new rising producer...ryan simpson!

14. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    LOL - scary thought :eek:

15. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Hmmmm Interesting idea, my thoguht is that arven is going to turn to the dark side. This master should not have taken 2 apprentices. "Only two there are, a master and a apprentice." Interesting thoguhts though, I would like to see it turned into a film. :D

16. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Difficult to see, is the future ;)

I've left this too long...I'll get a new installment up tomorrow, at the latest :)

17. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Ok all - following is all the previous installments as one, and the latest scene :)

The shroud of the Darkside has fallen upon the galaxy.
    Declaring himself Emperor, and taking Lord Vader to be
    his right-hand man, Palpatine is controlling the galaxy
    with an iron fist. Hunted down by the Empire's troops and
    Lord Vader, the Jedi - once keepers of the peace and
    guardians of justice, are systematically purged - the very
    people they served turning against them. Meanwhile, in an
    attempt to secure a future for free will in the galaxy, a Jedi
    secretly takes two apprentices to train on the remote world of Penant...

Scene 1 - Penant

(Camera pans down to a forest-like landscape, settling on three figures - 2 knelt before one.)

Arven: Meditation lessons again, Master? We cannot meditate Lord Vader to death.

(Master gives chastising look to Arven - Kasteele looks over and, in sympathy, adds- )

Kasteele: Vader's evil is apparent, Master, and we have learned much...

Master Besadi: The force runs strongly with you both but we must limit our usage of the force, lest direct the forces of the Empire here...

Arven: But Master....we are Jedi, and the Darkside must be stopped!

(Close-up of clenched fist)

Master Besadi: (Closes eyes and takes deep breath) Yes...in time...it is prophesised one will come and bring balance to the force...I believe one of you will fulfil that prophecy...You still have much to learn and patience is a Jedi trait.

(Arwen slowly, reluctantly nods)

Master Besadi: Now, close your eyes, feel the force around you.......

(Fade out...)

===============================

Scene 2 - Forest

(Kasteele is cooking something- enter Arven)

Arven: Look - natural Adegan crystals! I found them by the cliff-face...they'll go well in my sabre.

(Kasteele rolls eyes)

Kasteele: You're obsessed with that weapon - when Master Besadi says it's neccessary, he'll guide us through constructing one!

Arven: Building my own Lightsabre is a test of my skills.

Kasteele: (Sarcastic)And we both know how you need not only the force, but a lightsabre too, to cope with the odd Womp Rat around here.

(Arven glares)

Kasteele: You're far more likely to so yourself an injury - you should wait until the Master deems you ready.

Arven: I know what I'm doing.

(Kasteele turns around)

Kasteele: Because you read how to make the weapon in the Master's texts? You should be more careful, Arven.

(Arven sits)

Arven: One day we'll need to face the Darkside...and I'll be ready.

(Kasteele places hand on Arven's shoulder)

Kasteele: The Darkside is a long way from here, my friend. C'mon - help me get this soup served...

(The two work together)

Arven: Besadi is 'in deep meditation' again? (Mimes sleep)

Kasteele: Master Besadi is resting, yes.

Arven: If we are to bring balance to the force he should instruct us more...effective ways of doing so.

Kasteele: You mean combative training? We have been shown several forms of duelling techniques, Arven...

Arven: With sticks, yes - (sarcasm) Imperials beware - we're armed with sticks!

Kasteele: My ally is the force - besides, I don't want to inspire fear...

(Both get on with their task for a little while.)

Kasteele: What's with you, anyway? You're not usually this...determined.

Arven: I had another vision...

Kasteele: Another dream?

(Arven ignores other apprentice)

Arven: I saw myself fighting - knowing I was the righteous combatant...beating them - striking them down...beating them down...it was someone powerful. I think it was the Emperor...

(There is an awkward pause.)

Arven: I am destined for greatness, Kasteele. (Close up of Arven) I will surpass Master Besadi one d

18. TANTIV

TANTIV Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2001
    Messa like this is gonna be good to work on :D

19. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I heartily endorse this idea or product.

20. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
  21. kinggeorge

kinggeorge Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2002
    sounds good and well...where is it at right now?

22. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Right now I'm at the writing stage, then we audition for cast and crew and reconniter for locations :) Props, etc, are then acquired as well as any costuming made - that is, if I understood your question correctly ;)

23. TANTIV

TANTIV Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2001
    Yep let me know when you want the prelims on the fight scene so i can start planning them buddy looking forward to it

24. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Scene 4 - Clearing

(Several packing crates, etc, perhaps a mouse droid pottering about (Just to make Mini-Terra happy ;) Close-up on a new character's terrified face - next show him being physicall thrown to the floor.)

Arven:(Angry) How many came with you!?

Pilot: We thought it was uninhabited here...we're just a survey team!

Arven: A survey team working for the Empire!

Pilot: We're independant! We only took this contract- we only just arrived, I-

Arven: You disgust me. Run.

(The pilot does so. Arven turns to the supplies, kicking the mouse droid away. Finds a blaster.)

Arven: Innocent survey mission, huh...They didn't count on Jedi...

(Fade out)

25. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Poor helpless Arven, indeed [face_mischief]

Tantiv - haven't written any of the fight scenes just yet, will let you know when done :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.