main
side
curve

TESB Defense Force

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Quixotic-Sith, Dec 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Sorry to hear that, TIEace.

:D

2. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Awww....

Anyway, if anyone wants their [http://www.geocities.com/menarytom1138/esbdf_ppl]profile added[/link], send me a PM or email with:

Name
    Real Name (Optional)
    Country (Optional)
    ID's (MSN, Yahoo etc)
    What You Like
    Email
    Website (Optional)
    And your favourite picture!

3. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Ahh, the link didn't work. Just copy and paste it.

If there's anyone there....

4. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    one of Kwenn's advertising tricks didnt work? :eek: :p ;)

er... a bit confused... i'm in a bit of trouble, but I'll try to get on here when I can everyone!

5. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    OK, I have good or bad news depending greatly on your point of view.

After numerous lengthy discussions amongst the Administration regarding the state of Defence Forces, it has been decided that OT-based DF's will be consolidated into one large thread stationed in Miscellaneous. So with a heavy heart, in one week I'm going to lock this thread.

It will encompass the Luke Skywalker Defence Force, the SE Defence Force, the Jango/Boba Fett Defence Force and all 3 of the OT Defence Force. It will simply be titled "The Original Trilogy Defence Force" and I expect each group will be able to open it's own specialty branch of operation, so won't lose your identity entirely.

If anyone has any comments or question, I'd appreciate it if you'f all come to me directly with a PM first.

6. Quixotic-Sith

Jun 22, 2001
    Which means I have one week left in the ANHDF and TESBDF. I will not join the new group. I will have nothing to do with any group with ties to defending the SEs, and ROTJ is only slightly above TPM for me.

Fun while it lasted, folks.

Alles Gute.

-Quix

7. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    It will simply be titled "The Original Trilogy Defence Force" and I expect each group will be able to open it's own specialty branch of operation, so won't lose your identity entirely.

Short of filling our sig with the DF tags, how will we retain an identity when we are all mishmashed together?

EDITS: Sorry to see you go, Quix.

Also, if we reorganized into an ESBFC(which we've been for a loooong time, essentially) would we avoid being folded into the Monolith that will be the OTDF?

Also, I resolve not to shoot DA in his position as messenger. ;)

8. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    Quix!!!! don't go :( :( :(
    that's not fair DA!

Let's make a thread in the JCC but give it a different title [face_mischief]

EDIT: DA I have a question. Why are we being put into this new group thing and the EUDF is not? we are bigger than them... we have 3 more pages than them... this isn't making sense. I really want the ESBDF to remain... we are a lot more unique than others, I believe. we have quizes, british people and in my opinion we are the most active, so I really hope you at least read this DA.

9. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    We get squashed into one thread with five other defense forces? Including the SE'ers?!!!!

This is too much. [face_plain]

10. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
  11. Quixotic-Sith

Jun 22, 2001
    TEH-

The best means of getting DA to answer your questions is via PM. He and I went back and forth this morning on the subject.

The EUDF is not being put in the OTDF because it isn't the OT. As far as I know, the OTDF will incorporate the DFs that revolve around the OT, so it will be an umbrella group for the ANHDF, TESBDF, ROTJDF, SEDF, LSDF (Luke Skywalker DF), and the Jango/Boba Fett DF. There is a thread in Communications in which the EUDF issue is raised. I don't have a link immediately, but if you check my post history, you will find a link.

12. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    I have started a thread in Communications to protest this decision. If you feel strongly enough, I hope you will come and voice your opinion.

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=6707730&replies=0]The Future of Defense Forces[/link]

13. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    OK, that's it!

I'M LEAVING!!!

No, only joking! Though I'm not joining the OTDF. It will completely destroy our identity as an independant, fun-loving DF. We'll be mixed with SERIOUS fans and it will be nowhere near as fun as it is now. I shall make a new ESBFC on the RP board. Right now. Join it all! It's here: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=6710429&replies=0]http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=6710429&replies=0[/link]

14. Old_Brown_Shoe

Old_Brown_Shoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Ouch.

This is for you, Quix!

Yoda has oral masticators. If Yoda finds that his oral masticators stink, Yoda will swirl in his mouth a combination of mud and Zahnpasta (tm), which kills stink. Ah, Zahnpasta, that most glorious stuff of which Yoda is so fond!

15. Old_Brown_Shoe

Old_Brown_Shoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    By the way, I was Wet_Wookiee.

16. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    The older ESBFC has been locked as it was in the wrong place. [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=6713502&replies=0]Here is the new one[/link]. I urge everyone to join here, as we will NOT be merging into the OTDF. Fan Clubs are OK, and as we don't do any Defending anyway, we're perfect for a FC. See you there.

And the Mystery Wet Wookiee Pilferer has been found at last! Good old Shoe!

17. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    DA had better not shut that down. I was VERY upset upon hearing this, but thanks for fixing it Kwenn.

18. Scion_of_Oblivion

Scion_of_Oblivion Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2002
    Hey all!!!!!! :D :D :D

Just popped by to say goodbye! :( Didn't get a chance before, ISP no lika my face! [face_devil]

Anyway, keep up the good work wherever you all end up.

Enjoy your journeys,

Wraith XII out.

Oh, all right then, once more, for old times sake:

LONG LIVE THE FLIES!!!!!!!

(I seem to have lost my piccies as well :( )

C YA! :D

19. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Just that it was in the wrong place, that's all. Well, the new (and hopefully LAST) thread is going strong with 4 posts! We need more!

20. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Scion, you are not leaving forever, I hope?

That reminds me, I'd better PM Quix and inform him of our situation.

21. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Rise my friend.....to avoid the prune-o-matic ;)

22. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Moving to SWC.

23. Sekotian_Jedi

Sekotian_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    uh...does this movie even need a Defence Force? Everyone calls TESB the Best SW movie...

24. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Well I mostly unlocked and moved this for the sake of forum history.

25. cloneCommando1138

cloneCommando1138 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2005
    Strilo i sent you a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.