main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Testing the (Running) Water

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Apr 25, 2013.

1. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Maybe another one if I can complete this one. We'll see how it goes. It would be cool to walk one with you.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
  3. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
  4. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Go Twisty Go!
    -jammies
    \go Relin too!

5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    That's great Relin! I have to work June 11 or I would do the Color Run with you (someone at work that knows I'm a runner has been bugging me to do this) but August 20 for the Kick Butt 5K is open (right now). Keep us posted.

6. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Sounds fun to me. Relin, we can meet up as long as you aren't running. ..lol

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

7. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    How was the Zoo?

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    It's not until May 14 (it's usually after Derby) so there's still time to join in the fun :)

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Waterfront Challenge (Obstacle Course) is a no go this year because of bridge construction. I'm glad I did this one last year.

Throo the Zoo is this weekend. Have fun troopers! Hope you have good weather. Let us know how it went.

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    How did the zoo turn out troops?

I was in Metropolis this last weekend for Superman Celebration and I did the 4 mile run. I Finally beat my 40 minute barrier with a personal best of 39:07. Yay! But I was still third from last for my age group. Boo.

I forgot to check in on the Iroquois Hill Runners Summer runs.
    Pizza Pig Out June 14 (tomorrow!)
    Ice Cream Social July 19
    Toys for Tots Poker Run August 16

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I'm 50/50 for the Ice Cream Run Tuesday night. Weather is iffy and I'm getting over a Summer cold. Would like to do it, really like the course, but if I do there will be lots of walking.

12. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Oh crap, is that this Tuesday? I wanted to do that and the poker run.
    Well.
    Weather looks sucky, and I have been so start/stop in my running that I would probably hurt myself going up a hill.
    Meaning:
    If you go I'll go.

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Right now I'm planning on going. If it's pouring or something I'll text you. With this heat I haven't done more than 2 miles in quite a while so I'm not breaking any records. We can jog/walk and talk about Thrawn!

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for coming out and keeping me company on a hot Jakku night Jammies. It was great to walk and talk the Warz with you.

Right now still looking at the Hosparus Superhero 5K this Saturday night.

15. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Absolutely, it was a great time. But, why does everyone want to go back to Jakku?

Also:

THRAWN!

16. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I am going to go ahead and do the %K this Saturday night but I will probably be doing more walking than running....

Ps. Thrawn!

17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Cool! I'll see you there Relin. I'm planning on wearing my Reverse Flash Tshirt...because I'm the reverse to The Flash...slow. Just look for the yellow.

Thrawn?? Space Monkey!!

[​IMG]

Yoda_Jammies likes this.
  18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for coming out on a hot night Relin. (Relin wore a Flash tshirt to compliment my Reverse Flash tshirt). I think they messed up the course, it felt shorter than 5K and I finished in 29:58 which doesn't seem right with all the walking I did because of the heat. Most people didn't hang around for the after party, again, probably because of the heat. I left early myself to get home and have a cold adult beverage, that post race warm water just wasn't doing it for me. Still it's for a great cause and doing a "glow" run was new to me so I'll probably do this one again in the future.

19. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Got my next work schedule and it looks like I'll be able to make the Toys for Tots Poker Run 5K next Tuesday the 16th. Let's hope the weather is cooperative.

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Still hoping I can make it but LG&E is doing some gasline work in the neighborhood Tuesday (estimated) so I'll have to see how it goes.

21. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I was just going to post that I hope to make it, but it sounds like we may get flooded out.

22. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah it's a catch-22. If it rains LG&E won't work but then we can't run. I guess I'll make the decision once I see what's happening when I get home from work. I'll text you if I decide to go.

Edit-I guess I could run if it rains. I ran through rain for the Derby Half 2 years ago. It wasn't fun but I can do it. Plus the Toys for Tots run always has some nice door prizes. I'll have to think about this.

23. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I'm not running in the rain. It just isn't fun. But, this is louisville: it may not rain over the park, yet downpour everywhere else.

24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    True. When the wife and I were in San Francisco they kept mentioning the "micro-climates" of the city but they don't have anything on Louisville.

I ended up doing this one. The skies were grey and it didn't sprinkle until long after we were done. But with all that moisture hanging in the air I was still soaked (with sweat) by the end of the race. It would have been better if it would have rained I think. I had to walk quite a bit and I finished in around 33:42. But most importantly they raised 185 toys for the kids and I forget how much cashy money.

25. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Well, now I i wish I would have gone: but it was black when I got off work. Glad the rain held off. And, glad for all the toys raised.