main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Testing the (Running) Water

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    You were right Dr. Mika; I have a sprained Achilles tendon. I do hope to actually start my couch to 5 k soon, but right now it is RICE. Boo.

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Ouch! Feel better.

If only your mom had double dipped you in the river Styx.

3. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
  4. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Not going to walk tomorrow Boss, in case there was any question.

Boo lazy Macedonian moms!

5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for the heads up. Mrs Jedimika ended up doing this one with me (walking). She was impressed by how tough the course was. And I was impressed by how much pizza they had. Even though we finished at the end there was still lots of pizza (Pizza Hut) left, enough that people were going back for multiple slices and multiple trips.

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Less than a week before the IHR Toys for Tots/Poker Run Tuesday night the 8th. Weather permitting I plan to be there. I haven't done much running this Summer because of the heat so I'll be doing a lot of walking.

7. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Stang it.
    Maybe....
    I was at PT (for the ankle) and I pulled another muscle further up that same leg-- so now I am doing two PTs. It's frustrating-- but hopefully I can at least walk a 5k.

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Was a good run last night. I did better than I thought with all the walking I did, a shade over 34 minutes. I didn't hang around after for the final numbers tally for the toys and cash but I'll keep an eye on their social media.
    Next run might be the Kicking Butt 5K on August 26. It's down at the waterfront which I'm not into but work has a team so I could go out and rep them and show I'm a Team Player at work. Always looks good at evaluation time.
    http://support.kickingbutt.org/site/TR?fr_id=1110&pg=entry

9. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I;m going to go ahead and sign up for this one as it was one I was thinking of doing anyway.

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Good! Less likely I'll back out then.

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Like your runs with a helping of EDM? There's another fun run company bringing their game to Louisville this Saturday night.
    https://nightnationrun.com/louisville/

Speaking of Saturday are you still in Relin? Things still look good for me. I have to get a group photo with my coworkers at 0830 (well I don't HAVE to but it will be good to document I was there). Then I plan to do the run at 0900. The walk starts at 0910. Which were you going to do?

12. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Yes, I am still in and I plan on doing the walk...

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Pretty good run. Got to hang a bit with Relin, got my work credit, got to see some new sights. Weather was perfect-65 and sunny (could have been about 10 more degrees colder for me) and there were already a lot of people out taking advantage when I arrived early at 0730 (I was concerned about parking in the area). The run started kinda late but it took us past some areas I haven't been to before--the UofL rowers facility and a wharf/dock I didn't know about. And even though I jogged and Relin walked I saw him on the turn around and was able to get a high five from him. I overheated and had to walk quite a bit and finished in 31:44 so I wasn't too happy but it was a nice morning outing anyway.

14. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Cool beans! Glad you all had a nice time.

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Well I missed the Gaslight 5K this year (the weather was iffy anyway) but I'm looking at doing the GreatPumpkin 10K on Sat Sept 30.
    http://greatpumpkin10k.com/
    I'm not really in shape for a 10K and the weather will probably be pretty warm still but it's at the Parklands which is really pretty so I don't mind having to walk quite a bit.

16. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Did the Great Pumpkin 10K this weekend and finished in 1:10:16 which was okay considering how little prep I've had. Weather was cool and crisp and the scenery was real nice and you even got a finishers medal at the end. Nothing really on my running radar until Thanksgiving right now.

17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Welp, doesn't look like I'll be getting a RunDisney Kessel Run medal for my 50th birthday. They've shut down the west coast races. They say it's because of current and future construction for Star Wars Land but rumor is it's because Disney and the city of Anaheim are on the outs with each other.
    http://theforce.net/story/front/run...n_Weekend_The_Light_Side_Cancelled_176172.asp
    I guess I could do the Dark Side challenge in Orlando by itself in 2019 but it's not the same.

19. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Clear and a cold 30 degrees for the 47th (wow!) YMCA Turkey Trot this year. I did the 10K and I did okay. My first 5K was good but after that I had to walk quite a bit and finished in 1:06:17. No runs coming up this winter so that probably does it for a while.

20. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
  21. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for posting that link. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

22. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Looks like Pre-Registration is open for the 2018 Throo the Zoo. May 12 (same day as the Louisville Bats Star Wars night). New this year in addition to Tshirts you also get a medal. Also new, if you can't make it, is a virtual option where you can still earn the medal on your own schedule. Since I'm working this day (as I mentioned in the Bats thread) I may end up doing this.

https://runsignup.com/Race?raceId=31744&remMeAttempt=

23. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Have you all heard of this underground 5k in nearby Marengo IN? You run in a cave. Sounds interesting, I think its in june.

24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  25. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Oh! and looks like the Autism 5K that we all walked last year is May 19 this year, the weekend after the Throo the Zoo. I'm sure Mindtwister and family will be doing this again but I'll double check with him what their plans are. Since I'm working Throo the Zoo weekend I should be off the next weekend for the Autism 5K. Looks like it's at the Parklands again which is a gorgeous area to have it.
    https://runsignup.com/Race/KY/Louisville/OutrunningAutism5K