main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

Saga - ST [TFA-inspired fic and drabbles (crossovers permitted)]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sith-I-5, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2016
    Okay, this is probably a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad joke, but I just can't resist, so:

If you add two more letters to the wife's name, Snoke would be married to weed. [face_laugh]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. Emperor Ferus

Emperor Ferus Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 29, 2016
    Not bad at all, I like the elements of classical mythology you put in there, I've always been interested in Greek and Roman culture. Also like the Doctor Who reference with be weeping angels. I could imagine Snoke as a typical old man in Crete, you did a good job Portraying him that way.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Ewok Poet - Thank you, I love everything about your review. Don't get why the "sith tonne of sea gods" quote had you laughing like a drain, though.

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 - thank you for the observation.

Emperor Ferus - Cheers. I am glad I managed to portray Snoke as an old man, okay; though the first eight lines were written by somebody else.

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  4. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Okay. I read these stories as you posted them, and I didn't even "like" your posts to say that I had been here, which kind of sucks [face_blush] But now that I re-read the whole lot (and distributed the "likes" as I should in the first place), you get a big fat review to compensate.

Island Surprise

Oh the laughs, the laughs! I stared laughing when the lightsaber spoke to Luke, and I couldn't stop laughing until the end. The idea of Mara in a bikini on Skellig Island, her lightsaber at her side... no wonder you got a nom for that one too, it's one of the zaniest ideas I've ever read. I loved your snark at TFA, "he left the academy before you taught him any moves, that doesn't half-sound like what I did when I first met Han", etc. And the idea that Luke and Mara are there because they're on a holiday organised by Interstellar Tours? Okay, I'm going to stop now because instead of listing every detail of this story that made me laugh, I could copy-paste the story instead.

Jokes aside now, I particularly loved Mara in this story. Even throughout the zaniness, her characterisation was spot-on: bossy, snarky and no-nonsense. Her final line about waiting for the cruise ship did me in [face_laugh]

The Millenium Falcon

Another story to prove that when you don't like something, sarcasm is the best defense and the best defense is offense.

This was a festival of everything that could go wrong on every possible level of the TFA plot. The scene I particularly enjoyed was the passage in the Starkiller Base command room -- Kylo going hysterical, Hux snubbing him, and no one having thought that a black hole at the heart of the planet was a bad idea. BTW, is this black hole thing something you made up, or was it mentioned somewhere in the movie or other canon material? I don't seem to remember it, but I don't pay much attention to such details.

Sage Advice

I've got to say that I was a bit lost on this one -- which isn't criticism, it's just that I felt you were referring to stuff I don't know. I do know that Yav is an OC of yours, but I haven't read those stories yet; however I also got the impression reading this that there was an element of crossover, but with which fandom?

Hospital Visit

Now I'm back on safer territory, because I didn't need any explanations to follow this one :D I hope your muse helps you recover the end, because this was good fun too, although it does touch upon more serious topics than the others -- and this showed very early on, with the idea that the old Rebel medical frigate had been repurposed as a brainwashing centre for children kidnapped by the FO. That was a good action scene between Kylo and Twelve! But once again, what shone in this story was the snark. One reason I would like you to write the end is that I want to know what happened to the delightful Philippa. I understand that she won't get her underwear back, but a woman who flirts and laughs with a former Saber Guard definitely has something going for her.

Snoke: Pirates

This was absolutely precious! I didn't catch the Doctor Who reference on my first read -- I did a lot of Doctor Who reading on Wikipedia for another fic I'm following, so now I know what Weeping Angels are, but the concept fits so seamlessly with your references to Greek mythology that it didn't really matter in the first place.

I love this concept of Snoke as an old man with a wife who calls him Snookey [face_laugh] and turns into a statue every time he looks at her -- and I love the fact that you made him into something of a peeping tom, because for some unexplainable reason that makes sense for him. What really made me squee though was how you integrated elements of mythology in the story *and* in the snark. The exchange about Leucothea still being up on Mount Olympus was hilarious.

I'm looking forward to reading the two other Snoke stories you have in mind!

AzureAngel2 and Sith-I-5 like this.
  5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi drabble​

Dwarfed by the massive snake, Admiral Holdo used the Force to confirm that the cloaked Resistance transports were safely enroute to the Rebel base on Crait.

She lifted a hand to the barely perceptible line on her throat, getting a thumbnail under it, and gently peeled the mask and purple wig off.

"Whew." Breathed Darth Enemy. "It has been one frak of a day."

Bright green laser bolts lanced wide of the Raddus, fireballing the cloaked convoy.

"What?"

"What did we say? Save the Resistance, and don't **** with Poe."

"Again, not gay! Oh!" Enemy rounded on the Slith. "You meant-"

The End?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Chyntuck likes this.
  6. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2016
    [face_laugh] Kriff yeah! Darth Enemy is back!

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    WHAT.THE.HECK! [face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl]

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 @Ewok Poet

Thank you for reading, and for the feedback.

Whether for the mere presence of my oddly popular Sith Lord, or because you got the drabble, I am glad you enjoyed it.

:cool:

Ewok Poet likes this.
  9. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    LOOOOOOL! Darth Enemy is back, and in the most unexpected guise, together with his Slith pals! I can just imagine what his life has been like over the centuries with a bunch of giant snakes stalking him everywhere he goes...

... until he disguises himself as Holdo. With a purple wig. And then he finds out that Poe is under the Slith's "protection".

I'm going to continue laughing offline now, if that's okay.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, Holdo/ Darth Enemy ****** with Poe, by not telling him that she/he even had a trumpet; whilst your second favourite Sith Lord thought they meant in a carnal sense.

Chyntuck likes this.