main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion TFA Tickets! / When are you seeing it?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Mr. Crumb, Jul 30, 2015.

1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

I have never seen such an option...

Still, I saw the 2nd trailer in IMAX 3D when I saw Avengers, and it looked amazing! I decided there that I would give it a try. Aside from the 3D, it's been confirmed that they used IMAX cameras for filming parts of it. There's no better way to see those parts than in IMAX.

B99 likes this.
  2. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I'll just stick to standard viewings. Imax is too loud for my taste and those 3D glasses give me a headache lol
    I hope that makes it easier to get tickets? I assume the majority will want to view it the best way possible

Either way I'll be ordering tickets as soon as I can. I don't mind arriving to the theatre an hour and a half early or so, that way once they let us through the line I can still hope to snag my usual seat

I wonder if, by freak chance, I end up viewing TFA in the same room as I viewed ROTS.... six times lol

B99 likes this.
  3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Yeah, if i can't pre order for Imax opening day, I guess reg showings will have a better chance..
    My eyes also don't do good with 3D..

4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    How long will u guys wait to get in for a good seat??[face_whistling]

5. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

YEP. Feels like every time I walk into the theatre, I ask myself "Why do they even HAVE these!?"

I am also planning my December 18 off as well. Last time I took a day off work for SW is for the 2004 DVD release...

My wife (who has seen the prequels with me the first time I've experienced each of them) promised she'd also see this one with me the first time too. But if that be the case I may have to do a nighttime showing, as I'm sure she will not be willing to take a vacation day for it...:p

Chris_Fives likes this.
  6. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I've never bought tickets online so I don't know how soon they are normally available. I just know I intend to first see it in 2D and not IMAX, and definitely not opening night. I wish the schools would still be in session.

B99 likes this.
  7. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this thread...whenever the tickets go on sale, that's when I'll buy 'em.

Pensivia and B99 like this.
  8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I haven't either,, I just hope more ppl try to get tickets for midnight/17 and not opening day!! Hopefully we have good chances!!
    But never tell me the odds.. ;)

In my area there are two showings the night before. Is that the same everywhere?

9. Mr. Crumb

Mr. Crumb Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 31, 2013
    Most theaters near me have been offering 7 pm and 10 pm showings the night before big releases as opposed to midnight showings. Many theaters are getting away from those.

B99 likes this.
  10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Is there a place to sign up (by Email)to get update when pre orders tickets are available? Like Fandango?(Well, besides every SW site out there)[face_dunno]

11. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    I wonder if they will allow some sneak-preview showings the night before. I mean, like, at 8:00 or 10:00 on the evening of the 17th. That is becoming more and more common these days.

B99 likes this.
  12. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Don't worry. Once they announce when pre-sale is starting, it will be all over the news:D

Pensivia and B99 like this.
  13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Probably.. Just good luck pre ordering tickets! I'm guessing those will go the fastest!
    Can u even go to a Thurs early showing without pre ordering??

14. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Can't wait to hold that ticket in my hand!!!!!!!

15. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Just be able to discuss the topic of this thread seems rather surreal after the lonnngggg wait ever since the announcement in 2012 that there would be new films!

Bail B. Baobab and Chris_Fives like this.
  16. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    And now, it's just 4 months[face_nail_biting]

Pensivia likes this.
  17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I feel like that tickets on sale in Oct is just lil early.. Anyone else?
    (Not that it is a bad thing though.)

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I think it's way too early.

19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    MakingSW even said Late Sep maybe!.....:confused:

20. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

I caught Age of Ultron at 5:30 the night before. I mean, that's early enough you might as well just move the release up a day.

21. Mr. Crumb

Mr. Crumb Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 31, 2013
    I hope tickets are released on a weekend day, or I'm going to have a hard time getting the tickets I want....

B99 likes this.
  22. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Yeah.. Some theaters around me have pre orders at different times, some are closer to release, wonder if it will be like that..

23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    If u can pre order on Oct or even Nov, can u pick up your tickets at the box office that early??

24. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    I remember waiting two weeks to see TPM,to make sure I could get decent seats. It was torture, so I doubt I'll be doing that again. But given the fact that it's in late December gives me pause. Between Christmas and New Years, I doubt I'll be able to fit a viewing in. So I may be seeing it in 2016.[face_waiting]

25. ChewieWe'reHome

ChewieWe'reHome Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 25, 2015
    One thing is for sure, there will be no avoiding some sort of line. At least within the first week or so.

Question for any "Star Wars line" veterans, since I've never been in one: If me and a group of friends decide to wait in line before the premiere (a few hours minimum), what's the best way to go about food and restrooms while still retaining your respectable spot in line?