main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion TFA Tickets! / When are you seeing it?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Mr. Crumb, Jul 30, 2015.

1. ChewieWe'reHome

ChewieWe'reHome Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 25, 2015
    You poor souls who get assigned seats. I have never experienced that in my life.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. queenofhollywood

queenofhollywood Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 11, 2015
    I got mine for imax at midnight from the 16th to 17th and then again at 9pm on the 17th at a regular 3D theater. I hate 3D, but any theater anywhere near me will only be showing in 3D. :( (major first world problem)

ChewieWe'reHome I don't know how it works elsewhere, but here we choose our seats, they're not assigned. Like when buying for a play. There are pros and cons to it. But it does prevent long waits. You can arrive 10min before the movie and know where you're sitting. I don't like sitting too close to the screen. So if there are only seats there, I would try and get them somewhere else. :)

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Same here!

4. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

It was REALLY hard to find 11 together (my brothers and their families are flying in to see it with me,) but I LOVE knowing that those are my seats. They're pretty decent too. I don't have to show up to the theater and wait in line for six hours just to make sure we're not all sitting right in front of the screen.

5. ChewieWe'reHome

Aug 25, 2015

Wow. Anyone who finds 11 seats together for a STAR WARS movie is a hero in my book ^:)^ I only had to get 3, including my own. Six hours in line?? I hope not.

queenofhollywood likes this.
  6. James T Kirk

James T Kirk Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 22, 2015
    Just purchased my thursday night tickets!!! And figured I go ahead and buy one for the friday night while I was at it.....just in case I like the movie or somethin'....

queenofhollywood likes this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Buying them online from Cineplex (basically the only big Canadian theatre chain) when they went on sale was interesting. Heard they went on sale, tried to get on the site, couldn't even find the date (it wasn't appearing) so I tried a different computer (at a different house! cuz I was at my sister's at that point) and managed to get in to buy tickets (there is a whole membership package that wouldn't load up so I skipped that). But I got 4 real good centre seats for the 7 PM show. Then I tired for the 10 PM show. Once again, the site was laggy, crashing, flat-out wouldn't load, but I tried the site on my freakin' phone... success! (not even the app for the Cineplex didn't work but the mobile site did.) Then, after I have my 1 tix for the 10 PM show, my cousin says he wants to go again too, so I log back on (on the computer this time) and the open single seat beside the single seat I had just bought was still open. Even better seats than the 7 PM show! So, yah, double feature twice opening night.

8. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    I'm really disappointed in the preponderance of 3D sessions offered in my hometown. None of it was shot with stereoscopic cameras so it's just not intended to be seen that way and post-converted 3D isn't meant to be as good. This is a perfect example of studio meddling having a negative impact.

9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

Only the 3D shows go on sale first. The 2D shows will probably go on sale at least a week beforehand (When the individual theatres sort of what is going on what screen). I'm fully intending for the Friday to be a "2D" viewing. But for the months earlier pre-sale? Definitely all 3D. But 2D shows will be an option for at least the first week but then the theatres may get more crowded and they may boot out a 2D show in favour of whatever movie will be opening on Christmas.

10. ChewieWe'reHome

Aug 25, 2015
    But... I got tickets to a 2D showing. For Thursday night.

11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

Lucky you! Only options in my neck of the woods is 3D IMAX / AVX, etc. Because only 1 "room" in a theatre is on sale now. They haven't listed all 8 theatres for December 17th / 18th yet, only the AVX 3D big one. At least for where I go, they only sell advance tix for that one theatre and the rest of the auditoriums go on sale a few days before. (the theatre I'm going to will definitely have Star Wars playing in more than one auditorium that week, and one of those options will be 2D, they just aren't available for purchase right now, only the AVX theatre)

12. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    That's a relief and makes sense. I actually did manage to get decent seats for the only 2D session happening in my town (it's on a very big screen) but was worried that I'd find it hard to get 2D tickets again for subsequent viewings.

13. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    I'm still trying to find a theater to see TFA at. The only theaters around here have tiny screens. I'm trying to figure out if it'd be worth finding a theater in Massachusetts to see it at, or just wait until I'm in Florida. Odds are pretty high it'll still be in theaters on Jan 4, right?

14. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    It'll be in theaters threw Feb i'm pretty sure!

15. ChewieWe'reHome

Aug 25, 2015

I'm putting my bet down for March. At least into the first week.

B99 likes this.
  16. KyloSolo

KyloSolo Jedi Padawan

Sep 25, 2015
    Just got my IMAX 3D TIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A few years ago I would never have thought I'd be experiencing this moment.

B99 likes this.
  17. ChewieWe'reHome

Aug 25, 2015

I know what you mean, man. A week from today will mark the 3rd anniversary of when Episode 7 was announced. Can't believe I've almost made it.

KyloSolo, B99 and TigerCraneFist like this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

Generally, the way it goes in my neck of the woods for big timey blockbusters, the first week or two there is one auditorium playing the 2D version alongside the 3D ones and generally they lose that room and only 3D shows are left after time. But it varies, sometimes the 3D show will only be the late shows, etc. etc. Basically, if your heart is set on seeing it in 2D, see it within the first two weeks because the 2D versions will probably be bounced for newer movies / 3D only option.

Raz Zaphon likes this.
  19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    SAME FEELING BRO!!!

KyloSolo and queenofhollywood like this.
  20. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Me too. 7:00 PM.

21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I got 1pm opening day!:cool:

22. KyloSolo

KyloSolo Jedi Padawan

Sep 25, 2015
    I got Sunday showing on the 20th so I could get the poster AMC is offering and I might go the next Sunday again for the other poster. :D

23. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I used the Fandango app for about 10 minutes, with no success at all. One thing I did notice was the theatre my brother and I go to most often wasn't listed on Fandango, and I was thinking "am I gonna miss it on Thursday?" I gave up on Fandango and went to Cinemark's website, which was mobile enabled and ready to go! Within 3 minutes, I had my tickets! This sure beats having to wait in line. This is gonna be great, folks! With the trailer, tickets, all I need to do is hope we can smuggle some candy in.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Why would you need to smuggle the candy?

Dewback and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  25. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Tradition. You can buy the movie boxes of candy at Dollar Tree (or any of those discount stores) and not pay the extortionate price at the theatre. I'll still pay for popcorn and drinks, though.

B99 likes this.