main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion TFA Tickets! / When are you seeing it?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Mr. Crumb, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I'm not seeing it opening night, I'm seeing it the following night (the 18th). But I am really excited because I got MY WHOLE FAMILY to go see it with me. That excites me beyond words, as it's been a long time since we have all seen a movie together. Thank you so much George Lucas, Kathleen Kennedy, and JJ Abrams! I hope the film is great!!!

Pensivia and PymParticles like this.
  2. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Oh man, I couldn't stay away if I tried.

TheYodaPagoda and Dewback like this.
  3. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm with you! I got my tickets as early as I possibly could on the 17th, just to avoid spoilers. Matter of fact, I'm gonna shut down my social media until after I get out of the movie. I guess that includes TFA:NSA as well!

Justrec, Pensivia, Dewback and 2 others like this.
  4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Spoiler alert: There's an Episode VIII.

Skellybobs and Pensivia like this.
  5. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I'll see it as soon as I can but I don't know when that'll be.

Pensivia likes this.
  6. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Bail, just NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:p

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I booked off Dec 17/18th almost 2 months in advance in my work. Got some crabbing back but simply said "Ain't no way I'm coming in that night"

8. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    In that case, I would make a go at it. I would lock myself in my house with my dvd player and Netflix account and watch all 6 films, and all 2663 minutes (44 hours) of 'The Clone Wars' and would have time to fit in 'Rebels' as well. Order in food and forgo sleep, I could be primed and ready to watch TFA Tuesday night...

TigerCraneFist and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  9. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    Finally got my tickets tonight! Dec 22. Turns out to be pretty good for me as it lands on half-price Tuesday, so I save a couple bucks. (it was also the only Tuesday open for the next two months! Clearly everybody had the same idea as me!:p) The only other open days in the first week was my Sister's birthday & Christmas Eve and both were a no-go. So I still get to see it opening week without getting spoiled! *Knock wood* As I said works out great!

I wish I was so lucky to get my whole family to go. But I got my brother and sister, so it worked out pretty well for me, all things considered.

Darkslayer likes this.
  10. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    I like the preassigned seating my theater does now. That means pressures off me. I remember being 2nd in line for the Avengers in order to get a good seat. Especially since I'm taking my family (who tend to be admittedly slow) it'll be good to have the great seats waiting.

The only downside is there's ALWAYS somebody mistaken (or pulling a fast one.[face_dancing]) just minutes before the movie starts. And you get to see people standing in front of the screen debating whose seats are whose.:rolleyes: (Never happened to me yet, than Heaven.[face_praying] )

11. queenofhollywood

queenofhollywood Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 11, 2015

That always happens even when there isn't assigned seating. But for the premiere of this one, I'm hoping people will be pumped enough they'll not be able to contain themselves and wait any longer than necessary to go in. Here's hoping...

Obi-John Kenobi likes this.
  12. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    No chance of seeing that here in my area. I may drive to Washington, DC and see it at the National Air & Space Museum IMAX.

KyloSolo likes this.
  13. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    My daughter is only 11 and I am not going to chance taking her to see it since it is PG-13. Its probably OK, but obviously to get see it opening night in a decent location, I had to buy the tickets early.

14. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    Already got tickets for dec 19th. So not opening night, but still pretty close.

KyloSolo and Darkslayer like this.
  15. Dave Hoffman

Dave Hoffman Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2012
    I'm not one for crowds or standing in lines, so my plan was to bypass opening weekend and hit an afternoon showing early the following week. I'm sure everything will be spoiled by then thanks to the internet and griefers, but alas.

There's always the chance I get lucky and get an early screening. For ROTS, some sales rep from somewhere dropped off a bunch of passes at my office building. Crossing my fingers.

16. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd like to see it with a good crowd but not one with lightsabres wavin'.

17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Anyone else almost constantly look at there Showtime seeing if it sold out yet? :)

Gus X likes this.
  18. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Actually, Frank T., I heard theaters are not allowing lightsabers and helmets and whatnot anyway, for security reasons...

I'm not doing it either.

Never been big on opening night releases. I do opening day a lot, or at least opening weekend but I don't like having to wait in line multiple hours and the possibility of not getting an awesome seat...Not only that for myself, but I'm going with my wife (a tradition for my first experience of the SW releases) and she definitely does not want to wait...We'll probz go at some point opening weekend-maybe Sunday afternoon...If I don't do it then, we'll be too busy with work and our kids and Christmas and all that-and we'd have to wait until like that Monday/Tuesday after Christmas (when we're both off and can go during the day). Honestly, I don't know if I'll be able to wait THAT long! Not to mention, all my other friends will have seen it already by that point-which is crazy, considering I'm the biggest SW fan of all of them! :p

Frank T. likes this.
  19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Thread merge, and title updated.

20. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    So, I have been redeemed from the dark side........ I found a theater that's about a 2 and a half hour drive from home (~150 miles) and have tickets for reserved seats on monday the 21st! The theater I'm going to was packed for the weekend but wide open on monday. But then again, I booked 2D tickets. Don't know what the 3D and IMAX3D showings are like.

There was a little blurb from AMC that costumes are ok, but no masks, lightsabers or blasters.

21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Just picked up my ticket at theater! I got lil emotional....[face_worried]

22. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    12/17 @ 7:00 in regular old 2D.
    12/18 @10:00 PM in 3D
    12/19 @ 1:00 PM in IMAX
    Then I'll buy a few more matinee shows in the week. :cool:

23. Sir2lazyThe2nd

Sir2lazyThe2nd Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 13, 2015
    Sadly my movie theater doesn't have assigned seating which completely sucks. I had to sit separate from my dad when I went to see Avengers:Age Of Ultron cause of this. But I have bought my tickets, and I am going December 18th.

24. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    Yes. All the time.

B99 likes this.
  25. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    My showtime for opening day hasn't yet! Hoping it stays like that!