main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Fortnite thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Punk , Feb 18, 2020.

1. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Chapter 2, Season 2 in a few days, and we still don’t have a Fortnite thread here??

Well, I recently bought a ps4 so I could play duos with Punk Jr, and I love it.

fite me.

darkspine10 likes this.
  2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
  3. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    You sir, is a snob

Chewgumma likes this.
  4. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
  5. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I’ve tried your Destiny 2’s, your Red Dead’s, your Fallen Jedi. Turns out I don’t much care for realistic graphics or interesting stories. I just want to shoot 99 prepubescent boys on an island.

6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Well, when you put it that way...

Darth Punk likes this.
  7. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    But have you tried 'Ass Effect on the Sexbox?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  8. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I tried, but Mrs Punk said she’d just changed the sheets

9. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    'Fortnite' Chapter 2 Season 2 is all about secret agents, Deadpool - and a Muscly Cat

10. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Lightsabers are back for May 4th. I have Marvel’s Cable as a skin, so tonight ima be Cable with a lightsaber.

darkspine10 likes this.
  11. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    New season:

Half the map has been flooded. Something something Aquaman. Fite me.

I’m still shamelessly into this ****

*Is this thing on?*

darkspine10 likes this.
  12. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I love that you keep inviting me to play Fortnite with you while I am clearly already playing another game. Your dedication to the game is admirable :p

darkspine10 and Darth Punk like this.
  13. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I get so excited when I see you’re online. How could I not spam you with party invites?

solojones likes this.
  14. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    It seems I am the only other Fortnite player on the forums ;) (Me and my sisters @WriterintheDark and Twin 2).

New season is fun. But my attention is probably going to be diverted by Last of Us II from today :p

Darth Punk likes this.
  15. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Fortnite take on Apple with a pretty clever parody of Apple’s classic 1984 ad

Fortnite maker Epic plays David to Apple’s Goliath in App Store showdown
    Games firm launches perfectly stage-managed attack just as tech giants’ detente is fracturing

Epic’s founder, Tim Sweeney, has long been vocally critical of Apple’s requirement that the company pay 30% of its iPhone revenues as fees for selling in-game currency – used to buy new characters and costumes – to people playing on their phones.

On Thursday Epic decided without warning to begin offering its own payment service for Fortnite players, with a 20% cut in cost if they decided to bypass Apple’s in-app purchases.

Apple responded by pulling Fortnite from the App Store. Epic hit back with a lawsuit and a spoof advert casting Apple as Big Brother in “Nineteen Eighty-Fortnite”.

“Apple’s removal of Fortnite is yet another example of Apple flexing its enormous power in order to impose unreasonable restraints and unlawfully maintain its 100% monopoly over the iOS in-app payment processing market,” the company said in a statement.

SOURCE: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...david-to-apples-goliath-in-app-store-showdown

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    The commercial is cringe, but Epic is right... Taking 30% of all revenues is an insane amount.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    30% is apparently pretty standard across most platforms. So this might spill over into Sony and Nintendo as well.

Master_Lok likes this.
  18. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Epic went against Apple’s rules about in app purchases, so what did they expect? If they don’t like the 30% fee of in app purchases, then just stick to their own App Store. Can’t have it both ways.

Not surprised Google kicked Epic out of the Play Store too.

19. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Spam thread - lol

Chapter 2 Season 4 Nexus War

Marvel has taken over the island. It’s actually quite fun. I bought the battle pass, so you begin as Thor and have a bunch of piss easy challenges that award you Mjilnor.

Currently stuck on a challenge to kill Dr Doom. The problem is everyone else is stuck on it too, so Doom’s mansion is a little overcrowded with little sweats who keep one-shotting me.

The weaponry available is very cool. Doom’s gauntlets, and Groot’s weapon (which is a sphere of twigs you run people over in), are a nice touch.

There are Quinjet landing sites, guarded by Stark Industry robots that you can hack, so they follow you around and attack people for you - again, cool touch.

The Sentinel graveyard looks good visually, I don’t know if that’ll turn into an event at some point?

Wolverine, Groot, She-Hulk, Doom, Thor, and Iron Man skins are up for grabs, so I’m nerding out a bit. I think it all gears up to Galactus becoming a boss later in the season.

All in all I’m way more engaged than I was last season. Here’s the trailer, I’m going back in after Doom...

Fite me

heels1785 and darkspine10 like this.
  20. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Finished off Doom. Didn’t realise he also spawns at an helicopter base near his mansion. So much more room there for activities.

21. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I've managed to beat Doom twice so far, though haven't really had long to try out his powers since I got killed pretty quickly right after ;)

Darth Punk likes this.
  22. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    There ok. There’s a one-off massive green fireball that takes 30 seconds to refresh, and then there’s gauntlets that fire three or four energy bolts that do 35 damage.

Groot’s healing twig ball is fun. You roll along the ground in it, and it replenishes your health. Good for escaping a storm.

darkspine10 likes this.
  23. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Chapter 2 Season 5.

MANDO AND BABY YODA, BABY!

@solojones fite me

BookExogorth and darkspine10 like this.
  24. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
  25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Booted up the game for the first time yesterday (on Switch). My goal: to buy the Tron skins and try a few rounds the normal Battle Royale mode (though I would settle for a tutorial/practice mode to get a feel for the gameplay, etc).

The problem: The UI/menus in this game are awful. I understand why (they want to trick people into thinking they need to buy stuff to play the game), but I shouldn't need to spend 20 minutes attempting the above and fail (especially when I'm trying to give them money!).

So, questions:
    1) How can I buy the Tron skins? The End of Line category doesn't appear in the Item Shop, nor are they shown in the Battle Pass ad.
    2) What is a Battle Pass, exactly? Is it just a DLC Season Pass for the Item Shop? Or is gameplay actually locked behind it? If it's the former, are some skins (such as said Tron content) exclusive to/locked behind that?
    3) The game defaults to a Squad mode. How do you change it to the normal BR mode? My efforts to change that (trying to move cursor, hitting buttons, touch screen, etc) just brought me back to the BP ad splash screen and/or tried to start a game :p.
    4) How do you customize your character's appearance? I see the menu for equipment but nothing for appearance. I seem to get a randomly generated character each time the menu reloads.
    5) The number they give you at the end- is that your survivor number or the order you were killed in (ie: 24th person left standing or 24th person taken out of the match)? I would assume the former, but since my only match so far involved me attacking a parked car with a pick-axe, finding a gun I never used, reviving someone else and then getting sniped on a football field, I find it hard to believe my performance earned that high of a ranking [face_laugh].

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021