main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Thanks for the site ad!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Greg Kimsey, May 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg Kimsey

Greg Kimsey Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2019
    Hi everyone, I am Greg and I appreciate being added. I found the site while looking for information on what kind of materials to use to make a more legitimate Jedi costume. I make my own costumes and have several machines, but normally make superhero costumes. I have found a little info on fabrics, and I have the pattern for the Halloween costume version costume, and that is what I used to make my current suit but don't think it is good enough. I will scout around in here to see if I can find what I am looking for. Any leads would be appreciated but I don't expect you to do the work for me. Thanks for adding me!! Looking forward to making a great costume.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Hey @Greg Kimsey !! I am a costumer too, made a few sets of Jedi Robes in my time, and a couple of Sith! :eek: Laj has you on the right path, but if you need more help, just ask. I am and others are, more than happy to help and guide you!!! Welcome.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  5. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
  6. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    Welcome @Greg Kimsey :D I don't have much to add as it seems it's already been taken care of, so enjoy your time here

7. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! I’ve seen some patterns, many fabric dealers now carry cosplay stuff since it’s so popular. I’m sure you’ll find some input from our awesome friends here. :)

Do you wear your costumes to cons or other events?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That’s really cool that you make your own costumes. I have been to a few Conventions, but never have I been brave enough to wear a costume. Good on you.

ThisIsMe1138 likes this.
  9. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome aboard!!!

10. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Hello @Greg Kimsey and welcome to the Jedi Council Forums - I hope you will enjoy it here :)

Tython Awakening likes this.
  11. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Heya and welcome! That's awesome about the costumes! I have cosplayed twice (both as Star Wars characters) but both times it was a rather last minute thing where I stapled together some old sheets and hoped I looked good [face_laugh] That said, I obviously have nothing really to add lol but that's super cool that you make costumes and I hope you find what you're looking for here! :D

Tython Awakening likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.