main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 100 Day Star Wars Challenge

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Jun 17, 2020.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Welcome to my new and exciting (and super long) thread. This is the 100 day Star Wars challenge!

HOW IT WORKS
    This is very simple. Every day I will post a new question, such as "Which Jedi would you most like to train you?" That question will then be open for answers and discussion for the next 24 hours. I'll then do some sort of ranking/results, and the next question will be posted.

Each week will be a new category, such as Jedi, costumes, and soundtracks. Each film and TV show will also have their own week.

The point of this challenge is not only to have fun discussing Star Wars with other fans, but to help you think about as much things as possible in the Star Wars universe. This might grow your appreciation and knowledge for certain elements that you hadn't put much thought into before.

Please try and give reasons for your answers if you can. If you miss a question one day and really want to answer it, then you can.

WHAT WILL IT INCLUDE?
    Questions will be posted about practically everything and anything, including:
    • All 11 live action films
    • All live action and animated TV shows
    • Games (both old and new)
    • Comic books
    • Extended Universe

RULES
    Only the host (me) can post questions and results.
    Don't put down other people's opinions.
    We're here to unite, not fight.
    Don't bash any Star Wars content. There are other threads you can do that in if you must.
    Have fun!

The first question will be posted when I wake up tomorrow.

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    WEEK 1 - BOUNTY HUNTERS
    DAY 1 - If you had to hire one bounty hunter to protect your life, who would it be?

clone commander bossk likes this.
  3. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    If I have to stick to Canon characters, Sabine Wren, because she's awesome and I think we'd get along pretty well.

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I completely forgot Sabine was once a bounty hunter.

Honestly if my life was on the line, I'd go with Cad Bane. I feel like he's proved himself to be the most capable bounty hunter out of them all, with the opponents he's faced and the feats he's accomplished. Sure Boba Fett has a legendary reputation, but Bane is just so damn skilled. Jedi or Sith after me? No problem, he'll get me out of there.

[​IMG]

5. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Din Djarin. The bounty hunter with a heart. I'd expect any of the others to turn on me once a higher reward was offered. But not Mando.

6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah this was pretty much my thought as well. Also I'm assuming he has Baby Yoda with him and then I'd get to meet him :)

7. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    This is a good question. My first thought was an IG series, but then I realized once it's task of protecting me was over, it would take me out. Cad Bane is a good choice, but he'd sell out to the highest bidder and turn on me. I thought about Zuckus or Bossk, but I hate bugs and reptiles. Then there was the popular choice of Boba Fett, but since he was taken out by a blind Han Solo, I don't stand a chance. So, it looks like it's going to have to be Din Djarin.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Ventress.

Much like Mando, she's proven to be willing to not turn in her bounty when the ethics don't call for it, but unlike Mando

a) She has the Force
    b) She has yet to be bested by Jawas

9. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    I thought Asajj Ventress was an assassin, not a bounty hunter?

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Ventress joins Boba's crew to hunt Ahsoka and takes on the role of Bounty Hunter, and is referred to as such on the official site.

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Oh man! I forgot about Ventress. You know what, swap my choice from Bane to her. Having one of the most skilled Force users there is as my protector? I’d have little doubts.

12. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    I stand corrected.

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Din Djarin and Asajj Ventress look to be the favourable choices here. People want someone that’s both trustworthy and skilled.

WEEK 1 - BOUNTY HUNTERS
    DAY 2 - Which bounty hunter looks the coolest / has the best design?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    but no Baby Yoda....

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm not sure if it's the sweet hat or the double guns, or the mysterious mask on his face with the tubes, but the answer here is pretty easy for me: Cad Bane

[​IMG]

16. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    IG-11. 360 degree lean crackshot metal mayhem and a bomb in his chest for when things go belly up. Cool as hell.

That scene when he teams with Mando and takes down a battalion of bandits at the compound is one of the best things I've ever seen in Star Wars, equalled maybe by his fearless attack on Moff Gideon's trooper goons.

17. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Bossk!
    my favourite bounty hunter ever,plus he's a lizard man.

[​IMG]

18. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Good choice. Skill for skill Ventress is top of the charts. She can hold her own against Obi-Wan and Anakin. While not the strongest Force users she is practically peerless as a bounty hunter.

The down side with Ventress is how much heat of her own she brings. She's a wanted fugitive. Nearly everyone is after her. Wanted by the Sith, wanted by the Jedi, wanted by the Republic, wanted by the Separatists, and a few other groups. Maybe that planet where she swapped out the bride.

And unlike a regular criminal Ventress is a high profile target of strategic importance to both sides of the war. She even has info on the mysterious Sith that the Jedi would very much like to unravel. So she's bringing the sort of high profile trouble that if she encountered some random Jedi they might drop their mission to take up capturing her. With Cad Bane the Jedi might report seeing him or try to capture him in the moment, but they're not going to stop the war to capture him.

In short: As a bounty hunter Ventress is more wanted with a bigger bounty on her own head than anyone she is going to go after. All that baggage has to hurt her bounty hunter ranking.

19. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    This

20. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    DAY 1 - If you had to hire one bounty hunter to protect your life, who would it be?

I'm going with Jango Fett. I'd say he's the most highly vetted Bounty Hunter in the galaxy that we've met so far. He's the one Count Dooku picked to be the template for the Clone Army. I think the Sith do their due diligence.

Also we see how Jango Fett works with Boba Fett and the Kaminoans. He's a team player. I think part of him protecting someone could also including training for that person to protect themself. I really like The Mandalorian, but I feel like Jango is much more on top of things. Also Jango seems to have top level gear for his trade.

And on The Clone Wars it's hinted at that the death of Jango created sort of an empty space in the Bounty Hunter world. It's rumored the unreleased Boba Fett and Cad Bane arc of The Clone Wars would have gone into this directly. And part of Bane's interest in mentoring Boba was to set the record straight as to who was the greatest Bounty Hunter. I think that means Bane even was living in the shadow of Jango Fett.

That reminds me of the Samurai Trilogy. Early in the second film this great swordsman crosses paths with the protagonist Samurai. The great swordsman considers himself the best living Samurai but sees the protagonist as possibly able to beat him. Out of his own curiosity as much as his own lust for fame the great swordsman challenges the protagonist to a duel. The protagonist is ready to throw down and fight if need be right there.

But that's not what the great swordsman is after. The great swordsman wants the protagonist to become an even better swordsman so when the day comes and they duel the protagonist will be nearly as renowned as the great swordsman. And the great swordsman will be fighting someone at the absolute peak of their abilities. The prize for winning will be even greater for both of them.

So the great duel doesn't happen until the end of the third film in the trilogy. By that point the protagonist Samurai has grown beyond duels for glory or fame. He doesn't care about the higher salary he could demand for winning a high profile duel. He's much more like a Jedi at this point. He also knows the great swordsman will not let him escape the duel. One way or another he'll make him fight. So to protect his friends and family, not his own honor, the protagonist must make good on this fight and shows up for the duel.

I think Cad Bane is doing something like this Boba Fett. Jango so over shadowed him that Bane would have finished Boba's training in the hopes of creating another Jango just to find out who was better. Now that's some serious Bounty Hunter credentials.

So my choice is Jango Fett.

21. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

There’s so many great options, but today I’m going with a personal favourite character of mine - Embo.

First of all, the hat is badass. I love the overall mysterious vibe to him. Sweet outfit as well.

Cad Bane, Bossk, Boba Fett, Din Djarin, IG-88, and C-21 Highsinger were all super close choices.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  22. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    WEEK 1 - BOUNTY HUNTERS
    DAY 2 - Which bounty hunter looks the coolest / has the best design?

Day 3 - What is your favourite bounty hunter weapon? Who uses it?

23. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Cad Bane's twin blasters (?) That he uses like a cowboy gunfighter.

24. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    I like where you're going with Embo. Techincally my choice should be Boba Fett, but he's become so big in Star Wars and such a standard for how a large group of characters look in Star Wars. I do love the Boba Fett armor. The helmet. The crazy jet pack poncho combo. It's the best design but familiarity breeds contempt. That's why I'm going with Embo.

Embo's got the hat. He's still mesterious. Embo has the dog. He can snow board. He's wearing pants and robe. Cool look.

1000% the coolest bounty hunter weapon is the Mandalorian's Rifle. It's an electric prod and it disintegrates targets. It's scary. It's hilarious. It's a life saver. Let's you see far. Is odd. Is cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I was thinking of the exact same thing! His LL-30 blaster pistols. I love how they made Bane into a futuristic cowboy, and the blasters just complete the look. They’re so badass.

[​IMG]