main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 100 Day Star Wars Challenge

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Jun 17, 2020.

1. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Dooku the Manipulated

[​IMG]

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I can't pick just one, because villain deaths fall into different categories.

First, in the category of best death that fits with the character's are and personality, I have to go with Grand Moff Tarkin. Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you over estimate their chances. So perfectly Tarkin, from everything we see on the two movies, in the books, in Clone Wars, and in Rebels. He's smug. He's arrogant. And he gets to personify that in his final moments. Perfectly done.

Next, in the category of absolutely badass moments, we have the death of Count Dooku. This is the Anakin I wanted more if in the prequels, and the one we saw in the Clone Wars. Conflicted and powerful. Dooku was a fantastic villain, if ultimately a pawn. And his death shows what a pawn he is, and establishes Anakin as an absolute badass.

Finally, in the category of "incredibly satisfying death to watch", we have Jabba the Hutt. Put a woman in chains, objectify her, and attempt to exploit her sexually ... And she uses the very chains you put on her to kill you. That's beautiful.

3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Actually, I’m conflicted now because I just thought of a death that I loved so much. It’s shocking, and it’s a huge character building moment. Supreme Leader Snoke.

“And now, foolish child, he ignites it and kills his true enemy!”
    *activates saber slicing Snoke in half*
    *saber flies right into Rey’s hand*
    *epic team up begins*

So I’ll put Maul‘s as the best, but Snoke’s as the most badass.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I thought about Snoke for all the reasons you said, but I feel his death scene is tarnished a bit by Rise. Not as much as the Emperor's death in RotJ, which would have really easily topped my list of not for Rise

clone commander bossk likes this.
  5. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I liked Snokes death because I was not expecting it but Mauls deaths was sad even though everyone saw it coming.

6. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    WEEK 3 - Villains
    Day 15 - Which villain is the most menacing?
    Day 16 - Which villain had the best redemption?
    Day 17 - Which villain had the best death?

Day 18 - Which villain did something that you can agree or sympathize with?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Vader, when he tells Boba Fett "No disintegrations!" [face_laugh]

Okay, being serious, also Vader, leading his men from the front. He doesn't hang back all nice and safe at some command center while the men under his command are fighting and possibly dying. He gets in there and fights too, showing his men that he is not unwilling to do the things that he is ordering them to do. I can respect that.

8. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    For villain deaths I'm not real sure which was the best but I really enjoy Krennic's; him looking up and seeing the weapon he was so proud of about to blow him to bits.....good stuff.

I don't agree with Maul's wanting revenge on Kenobi policy but I do agree with his wanting revenge on Palpatine policy.

9. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    Kylo Ren.I have also sheen betrayed by a family member and it briefly gave me some sort of depression and anger yet unlike Kylo Ren I sought help and recovered from it instead of lashing out from my anger or wanting revenge.

10. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Savage Opress. He may have committed horrible acts, but it just wasn't him. Savage was originally a normal warrior, and one that would protect others before himself. But he was taken from his home and forced to become a monster, completely erasing any of his old life. Then he had to obey whatever anyone told him. So I believe anyone in his position would've done the same.

Once Savage had finally had enough of Ventress and Dooku pushing him around, he snapped and left to find his own path in life. He ended up encountering Maul, who gave him something that no one else did - a family and respect. Together they did more horrible things, but if everyone Savage had ever come across tried to control or kill him, I think it was fair that he'd follow the one person who didn't.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Blobofat

Dec 15, 2000
    Anakin, if one is to understand “the great mystery” one must study all it's aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Jedi. If you wish to become a complete and wise leader, you must embrace a larger view of the force.

I agree.

12. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Savage

He was just an ordinary guy in a nightbrother clan,who was transformed and forced to do some terrible things he would never have done pre talzinization.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blobofat and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    When the Grand Inquisitor chose death over having to face Darth Vader and let Vader decide the correct action for his failure ... That was a "lift the glass, point, and say "I feel you" moment".

14. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014

Anakin Skywalker.

I don't think Maul had a redemption, more a death bed turn of heart. I know the bible says that's enough to get into heaven. Vader's change of heart was before he sacrificed himself and then died. Maul was still Sithing it up when was killed.

General Grevious. Just for how Obi-Wan blasted him. It's maybe more a best kill on Obi-Wan's part. Still it always cracks me up.

Snoke's is a good one too. I really like the way his dumb body is just laying there. So clear now he's a meat puppet the entire time.

Anakin Skywalker. His first steps turning bad. I sympathize. Killing the sandpeople. I don't agree or sympathize with Anakin killing them, but I can sympathize with Anakin having amazing powers that we can't really even totally understand. So when he snapped and killed them all, it was much easier and more powerful to have horrible things happen.

Then later with how the Jedi held Anakin with a certain level of suspission, but Palpatine was always kindly and understand with him. Anakin was manipulated but I can sympathize with him not seeing clearing, or seeing the truth.

Palpatine tricked everyone didn't he. And maybe it's easier for me to sumpathize with these horrible thing Anakin did becoming Darth Vader because we see how Darth Vader again became Anankin Skywalker.

15. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    WEEK 3 - Villains
    Day 15 - Which villain is the most menacing?

Day 19 - Which actor gave the best villainous performance?

16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014

Ian McDiarmid

17. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    Peter Cushing

Christopher Lee

Ian McDiarmid

Just to name a few

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  18. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
  19. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
  20. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Gotta go with Ian McDiarmid as well. His performance was nothing short of amazing in all three trilogies. He nailed both the menacing and psychotic personas. In Revenge of the Sith he was completely nuts. I guess you could say he was over-acting, but in a very good way. From the over-the-top facial expressions to the maniacal laughter, it all worked so well. Then in Return of the Jedi, and more importantly The Rise of Skywalker, he was utterly menacing and terrifying, from his death stare to the amazingly creepy voice. I'd love to see Ian in other big films, because he's got serious talent.

Shout-outs to Adam Driver as Kylo Ren, Ben Mendelsohn as Krennic, Domhnall Gleeson as Hux, Paul Bettany as Dryden Vos, and Andy Serkis as Snoke. I've also gotta mention the incredible voice acting talents of James Earl Jones as Vader, Sam Witwer as Maul, and Lars Mikkelsen as Thrawn.

[​IMG]

21. Blobofat

Dec 15, 2000
    Ian McDiarmid. Simply the best.

22. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014

Ian MCDiarmid.... This is the best out and out, unredeemed villain in all of cinema.

He's so iconically evil in Return of the Jedi. How does anyone one out evil Darth Vader? And yet he does. That's more of arch type master villain. The prequels are when the character comes into his own. He's still arch type but there are more layers. It's Ian's performance that sells it all. And we get the amazing duel performance of Darth Sidous the hooded hidden Sith Lord and Senator / Chancellor Palpatine, the kindly benign politician.

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Live action - Peter Cushing
    Voice acting - Lars Mikkelsen

24. Blobofat

Dec 15, 2000
    I actually found Rogue One Tarkin even more chilling.

25. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019