main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 14th EUC Starfighter Draft: Backdraft

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by s65horsey, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    mmhmm

yup

*nods*

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    now that's a bit of irony.:p

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Number 3!

Championship Round:

725th Imperial Fighter Group vs Snootchie Bootchies (1-1)

Jake Farrell vs Saesee Tiin/blockquote]

Winner: Tiin

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    The Tiin man.

5. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
  6. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Number 4!

Championship Round:

725th Imperial Fighter Group vs Snootchie Bootchies (1-2)

Narra vs Dak Ralter Trumped with Dash Rendar (FORFEIT)

Winner: Narra

Number 1!

[color=white][hl=deeppink]Championship Round:[/hl][/color]

[b][color=purple]725th Imperial Fighter Group[/color][/b] vs [b][hl=lightgreen][color=blue]Snootchie Bootchies[/b][/hl][/color] (2-2)

[blockquote]Asyr Sei'lar vs Han Solo[/blockquote]

Winner: Han Solo

7. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
  8. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    kinda get the feeling this is going to teams...

9. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Number 6!

Championship Round:

725th Imperial Fighter Group vs Snootchie Bootchies (2-3)

Syal Antilles vs Obi-wan Kenobi

Arguments?

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    None needed for me. Feats of Kenobi outweigh the reputation/bloodlines of Syal.

11. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    What Inty said.

In particular, Kenobi basically flew wingtip-to-wingtip with Skywalker through the Clone Wars-- like running point against over five hundred starfighters (Vulture/tri-fighter/Geonosion, not counting capital ships) to harass Grievous at Belderone, being the only two survivors of Red Squadron at Tythe, and teaming up at the epic Battle of Coruscant. He also shows proficiency on his own, like piloting a LAAT/i to attack crucial points at Thule, and even in a starfighter he maintains his ability to hang-off-a-cliff-and-survive, as is on display in AotC against the Fetts. This in addition to things like jousting with Durge's speeder-droids on Muunilinst and twisting an ice fishing sled through the snow of Naos III against attackers while drunk.

Though that last one's not really fair, a drunk Kenobi is almost undefeatable. Hope the Jawa Juice isn't made of real Jawas.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    I've thought about this a lot. I just don't think we know enough about Syal to overcome what we do know about Kenobi. I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm a huge Kenobi fan. I hope eventually we get to know more about her. I like the argument that he was about to keep up with Anakin sometimes. So my vote is for Kenobi.

Number 8!

Championship Round:

725th Imperial Fighter Group vs Snootchie Bootchies (2-4)

Falynn Sandskimmer trumped with Atril Tabianne (FORFEIT) vs Mace Windu TRUMPED with Plo Koon

Winner: Mace and Plo

[b][color=purple]725th Imperial Fighter Group[/color][/b] vs [b][hl=lightgreen][color=blue]Snootchie Bootchies[/b][/hl][/color] (2-5)

[blockquote]Tycho Celchu vs Mace Windu TRUMPED with Plo Koon (FORFEIT)[/blockquote]

Winner: Tycho

[hr]

That gives 725th Imperial Fighter Group too little too late and Snootchie Bootchies comes out with the victory!

[b][color=purple]725th Imperial Fighter Group[/color][/b] vs [b][hl=lightgreen][color=blue]Snootchie Bootchies[/b][/hl][/color] (3-5)

13. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Oh, perfect timing with fantasy football playoffs! :p And the new year too. And stuff. Speaking of how crazy this draft/year was, here's an actual breakdown from Inty back when it started (with no edits):

lol. Glad I got Shaq.

I would like to name Han Solo as my MVP for winning his well-deserved first draft ever (though Tiin would probably win it for the League). I would also like to thank Inty for raising the Kenobi-Signal when there was one spot left, Shurron for helping give me my team name, Talon_Kenobi for naming his team Kenobi's Talons and making me feel like this was eight years ago, Corran for his Thon joke, Zooks for not jinxing me, D1 for not drafting Gethzerion, Tlimp for actually drafting a video game squadron, Trim for his arguing ability, PG and DE for their PM convo abilities, and New_York_Jedi for not playing so I could not lose.

And finally I'd like to dedicate this to all of the jokers of the world, first and foremost SecondBest. May he run with the boon dogs all of his days. [face_peace]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
  15. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    You're welcome.

16. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Congrats KK!

I suppose now is a good time to mention that I will be commishing the next draft and giving Horsey a well deserved break. I'll begin the next draft in early Februrary to give you all a month's break.

17. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    She would kill in this draft, and you know it!

18. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Congratulations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.