main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA The 14th Questions, Complaints, and Everything Else Thread: Fear its Power!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MrZAP, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Well, here's the 14th thread. Enjoy.

I considered putting after the obligatory stuff "Post or Perish" but I wasn't sure everyone would like that...

2. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    What's shakin' everyone? The 13th thread went really fast for some reason. It had started a few months ago right? Wow, we really are hooked on the web!

3. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    I average going on the internet seven hours a day.[face_laugh]

4. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Dude, if you want to get a job and possibly a gf, I suggest lessening time on the web to only about 1 or 2 hours. Trust me, it helps. 3 hours on weekends tops. I'm not trying to be mean, just helping out. The web can be addicting, but there's a real world where you can have as much fun or more when you go outside.

5. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    I have plenty of friends that I see, but I don't like going outside. I hate the LA climate.:_|

The sun is evil. It is too hot. It is too bright. It is a demonic entity. That is my belief.

6. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    It burnssssssssss usssssss! I agree! Love California, hate the summers in the Valley. Nice job starting QCEE 14 BTW, ZAP! =D=

7. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Actually, I just hate desert climates in general...it's pretty much the same most of the year in the afternoons, which is when it really bothers me.

8. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Hey, I GOT my gf because I was on the web 7 hours a day. Nothing wrong with the interweb.

9. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Yeah! I was the last post on the old thread!

10. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    *hands DH a cookie in recognition*

11. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I guess I've been on the wrong sites then cause the girls I've met on the web were drama. If you can point to where I can find a fellow geek for a possible gf, I'm all ears.

12. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    In my experience, and mind you, mine is way limited... its better to just get to know those of the fairer sex and then maybe things develop that way with one of them, but that its better to let it evolve than it is to actively look for a relationship.

13. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    HAHAHA! [face_laugh] try dating women instead of girls, and sorry to burst your bubble, but they are all drama.

Also, Lowbacca just gave you some of the best advice I've ever seen on a message board.

14. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    HAHAHAH. You guys are awesome. CBM as always we bow to your wisdom in relationship matters. but seriously 7 hours is way too much to snag a girl that won't talk to you like you're playing WoW. You n00b, you frgt V-day again this year. I got pwned. Etc...(that's my best nerd-speak impersonation.)

15. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    You can't live with them, you can't live without them;
    There's something irresistable-ish about them.
    We grin and bear it 'cuz the nights are long,
    I hope that something better comes along.

-Rowlf the Dog

16. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I'm tired. My mom woke me up way too early by listening to the messages on the answering machine all loud. It was kind of lucky I was up though, 'cause mom went on errands and neither my sis nor I knew someone was coming over. Percy's barking would've woken me up but I might not have gotten out of bed for who knows who could've been knocking. Anyway, I'm worried this tiredness will negatively affect my enjoyment of DH tonight. :(

*sigh* Now for a huge pile of paperwork...

17. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I have car repairs that might cost $1000+.
    Tomorrow I take another promotional test & then, hopefully, go get my car from the mechanic.
    Sunday, of course, all my chores and errands in 1 day instead of 2.
    Monday after work I have another promotional test and one in the A.M. the Monday after that.
    My office is moving somewhere between August 6-10.
    *Sigh*
    The phrase "no rest for the wicked" comes to mind.

I must have been a Sith in a previous lifetime.

18. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Geez, VK2, what happened to the car? That sounds like a decent amount of damage.

19. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I've had to do that three or four times for my '91 car (that's been in my charge almost 5 years)--MZ, car parts just wear out and that crap is expensive!

20. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    The bill is actually coming to about $1300. My car is a 1997 Toyota Rav4 with 105,000+ miles on the odometer. This is the first time I've had to do more than routine maintenance. So, I know I shouldn't complain. But, it still STINGS:eek:! The Valve Seal and Vacuum Cannisters need to be replaced. Soon, I will have to replace the battery and two tires. (I consider the last two normal maintenance, but, I couldn't afford them at the same time as the other repairs.)

If I didn't spend so much money on clothes, books, music & Star Wars stuff I'd probably just be putting a downpayment on a new car instead, maybe.

21. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    My care is almost that old. It's a 99. I think it has a few more miles left in it though, it is only at 70,000. Though the first sign of trouble and I'm getting a new one.

22. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Mine's got low miles for its age--my grandpa didn't drive around that much and it only had 77k on it when I got it. Now it's got like 129k or something. I don't pay attention--I don't want to jinx it or anything...I give it the high mileage oil so I figure I'm doing something good for it.

23. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I can't believe our FF has posted 9,000 comments that were bitches, complaints, or general nosnense. That is a lot of stuff to complain about.

Hope everyone is well. Seems like three years ago, we started this. Were some of you alive then?

24. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    I was in an embryonic stage at the time. I had a monitor that told me what was going on though, and I used some controls to make sure the United Nations did what I told them to do.

25. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey, DB. *hugs* Hope you're having a good day today. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.