main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA The 14th Questions, Complaints, and Everything Else Thread: Fear its Power!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MrZAP, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    ...[face_sick]

I loathe peanut butter. It is the most vile substance known to human existence...>_>

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I started my Christmas shopping today. Scary.

3. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I've promised myself that as soon as T\hanksgiving is over,(sales!) I will begin my gift buying. I know I'm crazy, but at least we're not alone DH. My aunt and others begin even earlier!

4. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I usually try to finish by the first week of December if not earlier. I just want to avoid the crowds.

5. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    I always wait till the last two weeks...>_>

6. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I only get my grandmothers and my nephew things. This year the grans are getting photo books of my trip to London. I know that sounds pretty self centered but they actually will love it. My nephews are getting toys that I bought while in London. So my shopping for the most part is over. Since I have to spend $500 on the trip to Texas they all understand.

7. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I usually bother with that on the 23rd or 24th of December. Sometimes I go early on x-mas day to find something, though, it just depends.

haha, just kidding. I'm not an early shopper, though, unless I find something I want to buy earlier. Anyway I don't particularly buy gifts for many people now, it'll be just my dad and sister, so that keeps it easy.

8. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    We started our xmas shopping a week and a day before you DH! HA! We got maybe a 1/3rd of our list down already, which is pretty good. Still have a long way to go though.

9. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Peanut butter is delicious, but Okra is Satan's vegetable.

10. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    I will have to start my Xmas shopping SOON or it'll be fancy booze and gift cards for all again. Actually, people liked those gifts so maybe that isn't such a bad thing. :)

11. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    I'm going to make my list pretty soon and I have to start brainstorming for people. You know how it is when someone has everything? Well I know a few people like that.

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Gift cards and fancy booze, not too creative but something I wouldn't turn down for sure.

13. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Internet buying for me. No malls, stores, and fighting for parking.

14. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I went to the mall for a quickie chocolate run on Friday night and the parking lot was PACKED. What's *wrong* with all these people? Christmas?! Halloween hasn't even come yet! This weekend wasn't a holiday, right? The only other possible explanation is that so many people decided to go to the AMC there that the parking lot was affected that far over from the theater...

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Today I feel vindicated. I have long said that the perfect candy bar is the Snickers bar. God made the Snickers and then just for fun made others just for those with little to no taste. Well, this morning, Kevin Smith, the decision maker, proclaimed Snickers as the best candy. YEAH! Long live the Snickers!

16. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    It has always been my favorite as well with the Baby Ruth a close second. I like everything the Snickers has to offer, but the Baby Ruth has both a salty and a sweet taste which I like together.

17. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Pay Day's also have that salty/sweet thing going on. I think they are one of my favorite winter time candy bar.

Snickers & Milky Ways are great frozen. I think they are among my favorite summer candy bars.

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I never thought of candy bars as seasonal. How cosmopolitan. (that's probably not the right word). I suppose with Halloween being today all candy is in season. Someone gave me Sugar Babies today for the first time. I don't recommend them.

19. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    I've always loved Tootsie Rolls, Dots, Red Vines, and M&M's. To me, all of these are delicious treats (and great to eat at any time of year).

20. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004

It's even better now, since they have the dark chocolate snickers out. oh yeah...=P~

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I like the dark chocolate ones too but nothing beats the original.

22. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    JN, can I be on your Christmas list? I like your idea of gifts!

$100,000 Bar is my favorite. I know, I'm showing my age. It's been renamed 100 Grand Bar. A couple of students said they'd save me theirs if they got any while Trick or Treating. Of course, threats of late fees and demerits had nothing to do with that.[face_whistling]

23. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I will buy one gentile a present. His name is...

J
    I
    L
    T
    E
    D
    T
    O
    O

And it won't be a Garvin Navigation system either. You had your chance.

24. Varekeii

Varekeii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    M&M's are also even better after sitting in the freezer for a while. The others are also tasty, but I definitely would not recommend freezing them unless you like going to the dentist.

Has anyone ever tasted Skorr's? They are also very chocolatey and delicious. Yumm!

25. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    "Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker."
    -Willy Wonka

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.