main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 18th EUC Starfighter Draft: Older than a Disney Princess

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The Loyal Imperial, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    Just a thought, but wouldnt Octa have access to the meld, or know of it and could break it apart with bad ju-ju. :p The wookie article does say its suceptable to disruption if all members wernt of the "same mind"

But good debate either way.

2. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Octa isn't listed as a user of Force Meld, so not sure about that. Besides I have 4 on my team who are well versed in it's use, and I don't think the Jedi squad would be trying to connect to Octa so she wouldn't be considered a member of the meld and it wouldn't matter if she was of the same mind or not.

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I think you're underrating Anj quite a bit, especially if you're going to use the arguments about Stele going through the Vong War. Yes, we haven't seen a great deal of her on page, because of the limitations of comics and the time period, but we can infer a lot. We know that she fought with the GA Remnant fleet for years as they launched hit and run attacks on Krayt's Empire. They were heavily outnumbered throughout the guerilla war, but she apparently distinguished herself enough to be promoted after Bey went up to second in command. She then fought at Dac, Ralltir, and the climactic battle of Coruscant, the latter two as Rogue Leader and the last one presumably up against Krayt's Sith.

As for Ace having one good year and dropping off the face of the galaxy, most of what we have on Stele also covers the span of a year. Yeah he did a bit more than Ace, but still a year, and Ace did some amazing things as well. If we then accept Stele's later experience with Soontir Fel and then in the Vong War, I think we owe Anj Dahl a good deal more as well.

I still can't take the PT Jedi seriously, even with this meld, because I don't think that highly of their level of competition. I just think they'll run into problems facing a team like mine with pilots who are known for their unorthodox tactics. I think the meld is being overrated a bit, though I imagine if I was arguing for your team I wouldn't think so :p . At the end of the day you still have a mix of pilots from different eras, and Stele doing most of his damage for the Empire puts a wrench in the cohesion, since I think you're overrating Maarek picking up on Anakin's style quite a bit.

4. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Anakin is the embodiment of unorthodox tactics.

:D

Other than those comments, I am letting you have the last word. Prolonged debate just ends up being repetitive.

I would wish you luck, but I really hope that the judges hate your team and that you loose badly. :p

Thanks for a fun finale PG. [face_peace]

5. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Good luck! I'm glad it came down to teams, at least.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Ok, I'm going to go for 266 -- but barely. I think it's rather close, but I do think this team has more experience and while it may have inferior cohesion it's just slightly better. But it's something that you could ask me again and I'd go the other way, it's that close.

7. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I'm going to vote for Jedi Starfighter Corps. I agree with Jello in that this is really close but I like the concept of the wing pairs and while I think the Adi, Plo, Mace one is really weak in terms of fighter flying I think we have as little information about several on the other side of the match too. I guess I'm picking them because I like the argument that was made a little more.

DarthIntegral - you get to be the tie breaker!

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Fantastic final battle. Very worthy of the championship.

In the end, though, I like the argument Mika made for how he can close the cohesion gap ... And I buy it. Cohesion is more important in this draft then in shy other, IMO, and that combined with in insane top three means that I think the Jedi have just enough to take it.

9. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Congrats Mikaboshi!

10. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    suppose that means it's time for congrats... so congrats mika, well done, etc.

11. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Well, I didn't expect that, I always lose in the finals. Going 5-0 was a nice surprise as well.

I guess that means I can't claim to not know what I am doing in here any more.

Thank you judges/commish for putting up with our nonsense (much of which was mine) . Also congrats to PG for a well played match, it was fun and as always you are courteous through it all.

Now it is time to party!

[face_dancing] [face_party]

12. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Congratulations.

13. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.