main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Going Postal: The 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Only, I think, with people who were already looking for a reason to hate her. If that's the biggest scandal anyone on the right can dig up on her, she's in good shape.

Then again, I probably would have said the same thing about Dukakis if I'd been politically active back then and the internet existed.

And the Dean Scream is proof positive that the stupidest, completely inoffensive thing can totally sink a political career. I bet Howard Dean just looks at everything Donald Trump got away with and wants to bang his head against the wall.

2. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    Joe Biden has the best chances of any one.maybe with beto as VP?

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

4. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    @Rogue1-and-a-half

It's absolutely astounding comparing the 2004 election to now. The Dean scream and the swift boats are astounding in comparison to Trump.

There's so much with Trump and his controversies that just go away because people get exhausted by the amount of them and so a Democrat has to be spotless otherwise a minor controversy can undermine them.

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It should be said that Dean was already trending downward and his disappointing third-place finish in Iowa precipitated the pterodactyl call. But yeah, it still hurt him and that was ridiculous.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    DarthTunick and Juliet316 like this.
  6. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Hillary’s not really running is she

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    No.

8. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Thank you

Edit - note to the future that I’d prefer Hillary be president but fear her baggage

9. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

EDIT: In just bare cursory research, so see where that lily-white Army dude went to college...

11. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    It would save the idiot Dems the trouble of breaking in a new loser.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  12. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Honestly yeah. The entire apparatus was built for the "inevitability" that she would be president. That she lost to Trump really showed how bereft the Democrats were on building leadership and ideals

Rew, Rogue1-and-a-half and appleseed like this.
  13. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I'd vote for Robert DeNiro. The TV duell vs Trump would be priceless

Or, how about George Lucas?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    Juliet316 likes this.
  14. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    [​IMG]

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Also of note @DarthIntegral I also did not include Michael Avenatti on the Democratic confirmed side because -- while I applaud his methods in some respect -- I think he's full of **** and basically just professionally trolling Trump at this point.

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I don't consider Avenatti a serious candidate either, and hope that there are enough people who share my views so that we can avoid the presidential election becoming a full-on Reality TV Show.

I just saw Hickenlooper missing and called it out because a) he's my guy and b) other than his age, there's not too many things going against him.

17. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  19. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    What about Mitch Landrieu? He seems to check a lot of the boxes. Yes he's relatively unknown, but one can't credibly use that as an excuse in our current environment.

20. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Notoriety is still two thirds the battle.

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  22. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    My god I have never heard it expressed that way before but that really is the best way to sum up the DNA test BS.

Obviously Trump is going to come up with ridiculous nickname for whoever the Democratic nominee is but Warren really did shoot herself in the foot from the get go on that one.

23. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    He already calls her Pocahontas.

WriterMan likes this.
  24. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    One of my favorite things Nate Silver at 538 did with the midterms is a look ahead to see what the house vote would look like in the electoral map:

[​IMG]
    That's 278 in the Electoral College just on states where the Democrats won the aggregate house vote by 5 or more points.

Keeping the momentum in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan is pretty much the key.

25. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    This is based on how “blue” 2018 was. Later in the article, he posts another map that is R+6, which is more in line with what he expects 2020 to be. It was far closer, with the Democrats starting out with probably 272 electoral votes (assuming PA, WI and MI remain Democratic).

Darth Nerdling likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.