main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 2021 Favorites of Fanfic Social Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by The Golden Yoda, Feb 27, 2022.

1. The Golden Yoda

The Golden Yoda Game Host star 1 VIP - Game Host

Feb 23, 2017
    Hello, fellow fanficers!

This is the place to socialize and ask questions about the Favorites of FanFic Festival. (If you don't know what the heck we are talking about, see the 2021 Favorites of Fanfic Festival introduction post.) But, as usual, there are a few rules to cover, first.

• TOS, as always, applies. (But you knew that already, didn't you?)
    • Absolutely NO negative comments.
      • If you don't agree with the story someone posted/don't think it fits the category, keep it to yourself.
    • Absolutely YES to thanking people for putting forth your story. (You may also do this in your story thread, but you can only do that once, so if your story gets put forth again for another category and you've already thanked in your story thread, you may not do it again.)
    • This isn't the general social thread, so please keep non-FanFic Festival chatter to a minimum.
      • Role playing as your screen name at a FanFic Fest is allowed. Creativity as to what the Fest would look like and how people should dress is encouraged. Have fun! If you would like to make little skits a la the awards, that is fine too.
    • Please no asking for people to put forth your stories, nor 'woe is me, my stories aren't being put forth' type posts. We know there is a bit of popularity to this type of thing, we've tried to get rid of as much of it as possible, but we can't get rid of it entirely. We know it sucks to not have your work recognised. It is NOT a testament to your abilities as a writer. Don't get discouraged. Instead, jump in and recognise someone you think might be in the same boat!

And now, let's have some fun. This is the way! [face_dancing] [face_party]

[​IMG]

Note: The text of this intro post is borrowed from previous years' social threads, with credit and thanks to our amazing mod team (@Mira_Jade, @Briannakin, and @mavjade)!

2. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    So many good stories from this past year, I'm having such a fun trip down memory lane compiling my list. And discovering some of the awesome stuff I missed along the way.[face_dancing]

3. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Excited as always! I'm sure some great stories will be nominated[face_party]

4. The Golden Yoda

The Golden Yoda Game Host star 1 VIP - Game Host

Feb 23, 2017
    Welcome to the 2021 Favorites of Fan Fic Social Thread…
    and Party![face_party]

[​IMG]
    Grab a drink from the bar while you listen to DJ R-3X spin the hottest tunes this side of the Outer Rim.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
  5. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    I'll have a Lokkian Booster Blast. I'm sure this is a life choice that I won't have cause to regret. :p

6. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Wheeeeeeeeee, party on, Darth Mearth! (from Mork and Mindy:)) I'll be in a dark corner nursing a Cassandran Brandy with my favorite silver fox, Simon Greyshade because I'm not through making new regrets.[face_love]

7. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    @Kahara A hillion, bazillion thanks for faving two of my stories, one in the old sandbox Penguins of Madagascar and one in the new, Justice League Dark/Constantine!

8. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
  9. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    *shuffles to Cantina Band song, gains momentum* Thanks, Anon PM submitter, for faving my POM story!@};-

10. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    *bows, curtsies in a fuchsia floor length gown made of organza, with silver sandals* Thanks, @amidalachick for faving the Constantine story, which makes me glad I dipped a toe into that fandom.O:) *cue for Adele's "Easy On Me" karaoke!! All together now ... :D

11. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    @amidalachick thank you for faving one of my stories in the "Favorite Humor" category! Super kind of you.

12. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    My Earth taxes are finished... now it's fanfic faves time! :D

13. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I wanted to give a humble thank you to everyone who nominated my stories or myself as an author for their favorites[:D]:

@JediMaster_Jen
    @Kahara
    @Findswoman
    @amidalachick
    @Thumper09
    @Raissa Baiard
    @Seldes_Katne
    @earlybird-obi-wan
    And anyone who submitted my works anonymously!

This year has been a rough one with quite a bit of turmoil for me and I was often not able to produce as much fanfic as I would have liked, but I always appreciated the support and kindness I found among this community of friends. Going through a rocky year, it just feels so wonderful to see some of the works I could create celebrated by my fellow fanfic writers and readers. You are all awesome, and I am so grateful to everybody who makes this place such an affirming and positive environment! Love you all[face_love]

14. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks to those who do not only read my stories, but also find the time to comment. Those sweet and very encouraging words do mean a lot to me. :*

Also a big thank you to everyone who nominated me. [:D]

This year I have very little time & opportunity to be online. Especially the past 5 weeks. So I did not vote for I have not read enough to form reasonable opinions. I am very sorry for that, but it cannot be helped. The only thing I can do is keeping my fingers crossed for those fellow fanfic writers that I care for. @};-

pronker, Kahara, amidalachick and 4 others like this.
  15. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    *bows sweepingly in modern day Bogolan Mali dress, dyed with blueberries, tea, turmeric and fixed with salt by the great Chris Seydou himself* [basically, mine resembles a muu muu with acres of material to show off the design of sea and shore] @earlybird-obi-wan Thanks a huge amount for reccing me as a favorite author! It means a lot.[:D]

16. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Thanks very much to all the organizers of this year's event! Your hard work is very much appreciated.

Also a short note to say thank you to those who have ventured into my stories and submitted any as nominations. Like the authors above have said, it means a lot. In particular, I appreciate the support "Going Within, Going Without" has received. Though it's not my usual type of story to write, I wrote it as a tribute to a good friend I had when I was younger who had just unexpectedly passed away. I was happy to see that others enjoyed reading it.

pronker, Kahara, Seldes_Katne and 3 others like this.