main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~*~ The 2022 Favorites of FanFic Festival ~*~ Thanks for a great Festival! We welcome your feedback!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by The Golden Yoda, Feb 12, 2023.

1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Week 2: Characters and Relationships

Favorite Interpretation of a Movie Character
    Obi-Wan Kenobi in Daybreak by @ViariSkywalker
    Yoda in What They Grow Beyond by @Kadar Ordo

Favorite Interpretation of an EU Character or Game Character
    Mara Jade in Reclamation by @Gabri_Jade
    Allana Djo Solo in There is Nothing Lost by @ViariSkywalker

Favorite NSWFF Canon Character
    Pete Mitchell [Top Gun] in Fragmentary by @DaenaBenjen42
    Godric Gryffindor [Harry Potter] in Godric’s Squire by @devilinthedetails

Favorite Original Character
    Tara Tarindae in The Archivist’s Shadow by @Kit’

Favorite Villain
    Luke Skywalker in Inversion by @vader_incarnate

Most Wholesome Character
    Ezra Bridger in Follow Me Home by @Findswoman

Favorite Established Relationship
    Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade in Dark Pawn by @vader_incarnate
    Obi-Wan Kenobi and Siri Tachi in Above a Sea of Clouds by @Valiowk

Favorite Original Relationship
    Jaina and Thrawn in Nehru_Amidala’s 2022 Fanfiction Olympic Journal by @Nehru_Amidala

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
  2. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Obi-Wan Kenobi in Memory and Smoking Ash by @devilinthedetails
    Mace Windu in Blacky by @earlybird-obi-wan

Ezra Bridger in Follow Me Home by @Findswoman
    Cilghal in They See Me Drabblin', They Hatin' by @UltramassiveUbersue

Nyota in Indescribable Devotion by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Cae-Lin Kishanuka in They See Me Drabblin', They Hatin' by @UltramassiveUbersue

Anakin/Padmé in "Us Time" by @Starith
    Din Djarin & Grogu in The Song, the Sea, and the Mand'alor by @Findswoman

Bryer Ducat (Bryerntan-la'darius Montrain Ducat)/Nicco D'ladame in The Briar and the Rose by @Kit'

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
  3. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Still sitting on her coveted sofa backstage, Vi catches sight of Gabri across the room and waves at her. “Hey, Gabri! I meant to tell you to tell Mara it’s all good; Ferrus isn’t going anywhere near her sister.”

“I’m not?”

The voice comes from behind the sofa, and Vi leans her head back to meet the eyes of the man standing over her. “No, you’re not, for multiple reasons. One, she’s like forty years older than you—”

Ferrus frowns down at her. “What? She is not—”

“Two, because she’s a nice innocent girl who didn’t even know what a lightsaber was until a few stories ago, and you, my friend, are super murdery.”

“Yeah, well who wrote me that way?”

“Hey. It’s called a negative character arc, and it’s an essential part of your story.”

“Essential my a—”

“And three, because I said so.” Vi considers him for a moment. “What’s up? You seem more irritated than usual.”

Ferrus looks away, and grumbles something under his breath. Vi suppresses a grin.

“I didn’t quite catch that…”

“I said, someone nominated me for Most Wholesome Character.” He glares down at her. “I am not wholesome.”

Vi waves a hand dismissively. “That was the AU version of you that lives in England and takes care of horses.”

“Horses?”

“I’ll explain later.” She rifles through her purse and pulls out her phone. “Why don’t you go read these for me.”

Ferrus stares down at her. “I really don’t think you want me going out there.”

She taps her pen against her chin as she looks around the room. “Yeah, you’re probably right. Where’s HK?”

Ferrus snatches the phone from her hand. “Fine, I’ll do it.”

“That’s my wholesome boy. Say hi to Mira for me, would you?”

Ferrus fights back a grin as he rolls his eyes. “Whatever.” He walks off toward the stage, reading through the list of Vi's nominations under his breath...

Darth Maul (Zaed) in Let Every Little Fracture Shatter by @Mira_Jade
    Leia Organa in Reclamation by @Gabri_Jade

Mara Jade in Reclamation by @Gabri_Jade
    Ahsoka Tano in Now You’re a Home by @Mira_Jade

[Sense & Sensibility] Elinor Dashwood in Love Betters What is Best by @Mira_Jade
    [Sense & Sensibility] Colonel Brandon in Love Betters What is Best by @Mira_Jade

Nadira Jade in Fractured by @Gabri_Jade
    Ronan Jade in The Story So Far by @Gabri_Jade

Favorite Villain
    Nico Jade in The Emperor’s Hand by @Gabri_Jade
    Luke Skywalker in Black Knight by @vader_incarnate
    [Sense & Sensibility] Fanny Dashwood in The Mistress of Norland by @Mira_Jade

Most Wholesome Character
    Cat!Vader in Skyclawer by @vader_incarnate
    Nico Jade in Fractured by @Gabri_Jade
    [Sense & Sensibility] Margaret Dashwood in Love Betters What is Best by @Mira_Jade
    [Sense & Sensibility] Edward Ferrars in Love Betters What is Best by @Mira_Jade

Luke Skywalker/Mara Jade in Reclamation by @Gabri_Jade
    Leia Organa & Winter Retrac in Reclamation by @Gabri_Jade
    [Sense & Sensibility] Colonel Brandon/Marianne Dashwood in Love Betters What is Best by @Mira_Jade
    [Sense & Sensibility] Marianne Dashwood & Edward Ferrars in Love Betters What is Best by @Mira_Jade

Darth Maul (Zaed) & Mara Jade in Let Every Little Fracture Shatter by @Mira_Jade
    Ronan Jade/Nadira Jade in The Story So Far by @Gabri_Jade
    [Sense & Sensibility] Marianne Willoughby & Eliza Bradford in A Dram of Sweet; A Pound of Sorrow by @Mira_Jade
    [Stranger Things] El & Billy in just whisper the word 'tomorrow' in my ear by @amidalachick

4. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    From the dessert table, Gabri waves at Vi and turns to Mara. “There, you see? Nothing to worry about, she’s keeping Ferrus in line.”

“Anyway,” Luke adds, “I think we all know that Corissa would have things under control even if Vi didn’t.”

Nico sighs. “Don’t puff her ego up any more than it already is, I beg you.”

“It’s called self-confidence,” Corissa says, walking by with a glass of sangria.

Nadira steps in her path. “Hand it over, young lady.”

Corissa looks between her mother and her glass with wide, innocent eyes. “This? It’s punch.”

“It’s not,” Ronan says, sipping at his own sangria.

Nadira stays where she is, eyebrows raised, and Corissa sighs gustily and hands over the glass. “Fine.”

“It’s amazing,” Nadira observes, “how put-upon children always act when it’s the parents who are doing all the work.”

“I’m not a child,” Corissa informs her, rolling her eyes, then frowns. “Hey, what did Vi mean about me being forty years older than that guy?”

“Timelines,” Gabri says, cutting herself a slice of chocolate cake. “Tricky things, timelines. Don’t worry about it. How about you read this week’s nominations, since Mara did it last week?”

“Fine,” Corissa says again, eyeing the sangria pitcher on the next table.

No,” Nadira says firmly.

“Just go be your theatrical self, sweetheart,” Ronan adds. “And stay away from the liquor.”

Corissa heaves a massive sigh, but takes Gabri’s phone and heads for the stage:

Luke Skywalker in Interregnum II by@Bel505 and DrMcKay
    Darth Maul (Zaed) in Let Every Little Fracture Shatter by @Mira_Jade

Mara Jade in Black Pawn by @vader_incarnate
    Ben Skywalker in Enter the Foreign by @ViariSkywalker

[Sense and Sensibility] Marianne Dashwood in 'Ode to a Brook' and Other Selections by @Mira_Jade
    [Sense and Sensibility] Edward Ferrars in The Reflections of a Gentleman In His Glebe by @Mira_Jade

Nnnzzz in Rocks and Hard Places by @Thumper09
    Demetrius Ulin in Enter the Foreign by @ViariSkywalker

Favorite Villain

Darth Sidious in On the Creation of Monsters by @vader_incarnate
    Luke Skywalker in Black Knight by @vader_incarnate
    [Sense and Sensibility] Fanny Dashwood in The Mistress of Norland by @Mira_Jade

Most Wholesome Character

Ben Skywalker in Enter the Foreign by @ViariSkywalker
    cat!Vader in Skyclawer by @vader_incarnate
    [Sense & Sensibility] Margaret Dashwood in Love Betters What is Best by @Mira_Jade
    [Sense & Sensibility] Edward Ferrars in Love Betters What is Best by @Mira_Jade

Luke Skywalker/Mara Jade in Interregnum II by @Bel505 and DrMcKay
    Luke Skywalker/Mara Jade in Black Pawn by @vader_incarnate
    [Sense and Sensibility] Elinor Ferrars & Marianne Dashwood in Such Sweet Sorrow by @Mira_Jade
    [Sense and Sensibility] Edward Ferrars/Elinor Ferrars in Would That Storms Never Assailed It by @Mira_Jade

Mara Jade & Darth Maul (Zaed) in Let Every Little Fracture Shatter by @Mira_Jade
    Tahiri Veila/Demetrius Ulin in We Make Our Own Luck by @ViariSkywalker
    [Sense and Sensibility] Marianne Willoughby & Eliza Bradford in A Dram of Sweet; A Pound of Sorrow by @Mira_Jade
    [Sense and Sensibility] Marianne Brandon & Anne Wentworth in We Few, We Happy Few Part III by @Mira_Jade

5. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Chyn stares in dismay at the chaos unfolding in the food court. She knew that bringing over the whole family to celebrate Chyntuquita's birthday at the festival was a bad idea and she told Mr Chyn as much, but does he ever listen? Now all nine Chyntucklings are here, and they made friends with every other kiddo at the festival, and it's all getting out of control. The toddlers are running around with Grogu; Chyntuquita, her favourite cousin and Omega are taking an impromptu dance lesson with a copper-haired little girl who appears to be an OC; the older girls are eyeing Anakin Solo with great interest (Jaina is holding back Tahiri, who seems hell-bent on clawing their eyes out); and the two boys are being the teenagers they are and sulking in a corner, because this sucks and there aren't any pilots, that would be interesting at least...

She feels a rubbery hand on her shoulder and turns around to see a fat Hutt in a flamboyant green waistcoat grinning at her. "Oh, hi, Eliskandro," she says distractedly. "Sorry I can't talk now, I need to rein in my –"

The Hutt holds her back. "Let it go, dahling. Any mess they make here is virtual, this is all fiction anyway."

Chyn sighs. "I just don't want them getting any ideas, you know? What happens in their imagination has a way of transfering to the real world that can be problematic sometimes."

Just as she says that, Foodie the 434-FPC personal chef droid appears among the youngsters with the largest birthday cake of all time. The children abandon whatever they're doing and crowd around him.

"See?" Eliskandro says. "Nothing your OCs can't fix. You should get back to writing us. We'd actually be helpful."

Chyntuck blushes. "I know, I've neglected you. But for now, let me talk about a few characters from 2022 I really liked."

She extracts a second scrap of paper from her handbag and is about to start reading it when she notices in the corner of her eye that her nephews are drifting towards the very chaotic- and evil-looking twins she spotted earlier. "Oh no you don't," she snaps. "Absolutely not."

Eliskandro remains alone on the periphery of the food court as she storms away. He notices that her scrap of paper fell to the floor and picks it up. "Ladies and gentlebeings," he says after clearing his throat, "let me present Chyntuck's selection of the most mahvelous characters from 2022."

Favorite Interpretation of a Movie Character: Darth Vader in Mourning by @vader_incarnate
    Favorite Interpretation of an EU Character: Tionne not-yet-Solusar in Interregnum II by @Bel505
    Favorite Interpretation of an EU Character: Dok-Ondar in In Which All Roads Lead to Dok-Ondar by @Seldes_Katne
    Favorite Villain: Boss Nass in Unreliable Allies by @Seldes_Katne
    Most Wholesome Character: So many melty-melt wholesome characters, I can't possibly choose only two.
    Favorite Established Relationship: Durin and Disa in [The Rings of Power] Two Were One by @devilinthedetails
    Favorite Original Relationship: Nadira, Ronan, Nico and Corissa Jade in Fractured by @Gabri_Jade

As he finishes reading, he sees that Chyntuck is having a heated argument with the twins of chaos, and one of them is fingering his lightsaber conspicuously. "Pulastya dear," he calls to a little avian that is fluttering nearby, talking to Kahara, "would you mind fetching ViariSkywalker? This is not going to end well."

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
  6. The Golden Yoda

The Golden Yoda Game Host star 1 VIP - Game Host

Feb 23, 2017
    We'll be posting the Week 3 categories shortly, but first we have a few anonymous PM submissions for Weeks 1 & 2! :)

Week 1: Style & Length

Favorite One-shot

[Narnia] Music, Beetles, and Love Necklaces by @devilinthedetails

Favorite Short Story

Things You Said by @Tarsier

Favorite Multi-Chapter or Epic

The Briar and the Rose by @Kit'

Favorite Part of a Series

I Go Seeking, from Rose's Eleven by @Findswoman

Favorite WIP

On the Creation of Monsters by @vader_incarnate

Week 2: Characters & Relationships

Bodhi Rook in Cargo Hauler, by @Thumper09
    Padmé Amidala in The Secret of the Water Gardens, by @Findswoman

Bell Zettifar in Meditations on Guilt and Grief, by @devilinthedetails

Tashi, in Artistic Differences, by @Chyntuck
    [Avatar: the Last Airbender] Pakku’s Mother: The Source of Happiness, by @devilinthedetails

Favorite Villain

[Avatar: the Last Airbender] Ozai, in Rot on the Inside, by @devilinthedetails

Hera Syndulla and Kanan Jarrus in We Have Drabbles: Week Two by @Raissa Baiard
    Din Djarin and Grogu in The Song, the Sea and the Mand’alor, by @Findswoman

Mace Windu and his cat Blacky: Blacky, by @earlybird-obi-wan
    The crew of the Discordant (Zera, Denizo, Buffo and Gam Basina) in The Last Supper, by @T4M1-7

7. The Golden Yoda

Feb 23, 2017
    [​IMG]

2022 Favorites of FanFic Festival
    Week 3: Genre & Canonicity

amidalachick steps up to the podium wearing a bright blue 80s-style party dress, with her hair tied back in a long white bow, and puts on her best rock-star voice.

Hello, Fanfic! How are we all doing? Is there anybody alive out there?

The audience, however, just wants to get on with the festivities so she quickly tucks away her list of Springsteen references that only she will get and smiles.

To help me introduce our Week 3, Genre and Canonicity, categories, please welcome some very special guests to the stage!

Canon!Mara and Canon!Luke prepare to walk out on stage, Mara in a deep blue shimmersilk gown and Luke in a matching tux. There's quite the hustle and bustle with all the 'verses in the wings, and Mara observes it all, faintly bemused.

"I had no idea," she mutters, looking at the myriad iterations of herself.

"Neither did I," Luke winces, catching sight of a formidable group of Lukes who rather alarmingly flicker in and out of existence - he doesn't quite like how the one all in gold is looking at Mara, in particular.

Seeing his glance, Mara takes his hand. "Some stories end happily, at least," she gestures to the Maras surrounded by family with a smile that is both wistful and bittersweet.

"I guess," Luke reluctantly trades a respectful nod with one version of Ezra Bridger, who has an arm around his 'verse's Mara and stands with their sprawling, multigenerational family. "Still," he can't help but tease, "Lando?"

Behind them, a Force ghost with long hair and sunglasses, who is somehow corporeal enough to hold a glass of Mira's Mod Medley Sangria, nods sagely. "The Force ships it," Qui-Gon comments enigmatically, and then continues on.

"Don't worry," Mara squeezes his hand. "Technically we're not even canon anymore, ourselves."

"Please," Luke groans, "if I never hear about the moof-milking again, it will be too soon."

Mara kisses her husband's cheek as the crowd applauds and amidalachick gestures them forward. "That's the great thing about stories; somewhere we are always together, for better or worse, even when we walk other paths. Now, let's go celebrate those stories - all of those stories."

Softly, Luke smiles. "Sounds like a plan."

Mara and Luke join amidalachick at the podium. She disappears backstage, singing Born To Run to herself, and they look at each other before announcing the categories.

As always, you can submit two SW stories and two NSW stories for each category. All you need is the category name, story title, author, and a link to the story (and you are welcome to post the link itself, no fancy formatting required!). For NSWFF, please include the fandom as well.

If you prefer to submit your nominations anonymously, please send them via PM to @The Golden Yoda.

• Favorite Humor
    • Favorite Drama
    • Favorite Angst
    • Favorite Fluff
    • Favorite Romance
    • Favorite Action/Adventure
    • Favorite Genfic
    • Favorite World-Building
    • Favorite Continuity Compliant
    • Favorite Alternate Universe
    [​IMG]
    *Credit and many thanks to @Mira_Jade for this week's skit! [face_love]

8. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    [​IMG]

Devilinthedetails appears in a dramatic burst of smoke and red flames. Sharp horns point out of her head in true devilish fashion and an impressive trident is clutched in her hands. To complete her stylish ensemble, she is wearing her "lucky" number 13 Nico Hischier jersey honor of her favorite hockey team, which is no longer terrible this year because the Wheel of Fate has finally spun around in their favor.

In the hand that doesn't hold the trident, she has a scroll. Another long list of authors and stories she wishes to honor this week. She unfurls the scroll and begins to read the names and titles. The names of those who have made her laugh and cry and laugh until she cries this year.

Favorite Humor:
    I Ship It! by @Raissa Baiard
    The Book of Boba's Cat by @gizkaspice

Favorite Drama:
    [Lord of the Rings/Rings of Power]: You don't know me, nor do I by @brodiew

Favorite Angst:
    From a Scrap of Flimsi Found on the the Crystal Cliffs by @Findswoman
    Mourning by @vader_incarnate

Favorite Fluff:
    Trouble with Hot Chocolate by @earlybird-obi-wan
    Beach Fun by @earlybird-obi-wan

Favorite Romance:
    And They Danced by @Gabri_Jade
    She Said the Word by @JediMaster_Jen

Favorite Action/Adventure:
    Detours by @Thumper09

Favorite World-Building:
    Death and the Maiden by @Pandora
    The Secret of the Water Gardens by @Findswoman

Favorite Alternate Universe:
    The Fourth Path by @Kit'

Kit' , AzureAngel2, Pandora and 14 others like this.
  9. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    On a couch slightly off the main stage in what looks like some kind of prep room, two men in black are engaged in a hushed conversation.

"So to summarize: you're a hero on a corruption arc. And you want me, a villain on a redemption arc, to join you in subjugating the galaxy in your story?" Maul says slowly. His face is inscrutable, but his voice betrays a hint of interest. "Skywalker, is it? But how does Sidious factor into your plans?"

"That's the best part -" Luke the Black King's grin broadens as he leans in to whisper a secret into the Zabrak's ear -

They are interrupted when a small redheaded girl hurtles backstage, brandishing a pink wool cap with little horns knit into it. She's wearing a poofy princess gown in gold and green - the poofiest gown ever; whatever you're imagining, take that and square it - and looks absolutely delighted at the situation at large: her outfit, the event, the presence of her friend.

"Zaed!" little Mara exclaims. "I finally finished your hat! So now you can join us in the snowball fights!"

The two blackclad men react very differently.

Maul - melts. There is no other word for it. "Did you now?" he asks softly.

Luke stands up, scowling, but then blinks in bewilderment as he recognizes the interloper.

Mara pays no heed to him and plops down in his previously occupied seat, still waving her knit cap happily and describing something to Maul with broad, sweeping gestures that continually floof her dress. Sitting, she looks like nothing so much as a sentient cloud of tulle.

The Black King quirks his lips slightly and casts his gaze around the room, finding Elli, leaning nonchalantly upon a doorway and looking quite pleased with herself. He sighs, pulls out, and then puts on a comically oversized pair of heart-shaped sunglasses that hide his Sithy eyes before walking over to her.

"You sent that Mara in on purpose."

Elli grins. "Of course I did. I'm the writer. How else was I going to work in baby Mara in a poofy dress for Gabri? And if I sent in an older Mara, you'd be competing with Festus for 'stalkeriest stalker who ever stalked,' and that's not even a category this week. Where did cat Vader get off to?"

He shrugs. "Far too interested in Nadira's stories of the grandchildren. I think she took him over to Gabri's current KR thread, and he's getting ideas."

Elli blanches. "He can go right ahead and get his ideas, but it's never a good idea for me to write about children. Doesn't end well; I'm self aware enough to know that. Here," she continues, and digs a piece of paper out of a clutch shaped like an origami Stegosaurus, "read these for me, would you?"

Luke glances at the paper. "This just says aaaaa but forever."

"Oh sorry! Those were my notes from the Decathlon of Death. Read this one instead."

"These are late. And you’re missing about half the categories."

"I know! I had dark Lukes and cat Vaders to wrangle! And it was really really hard picking favorites. And I very infrequently read NSWFF."

"It's really your own fault if you as a writer have so many dark Lukes you can't keep us straight."

"Trust me; you're not the first version of you to tell me this."

Leia Organa in Reclamation, by @Gabri_Jade
    Darth Maul (Zaed) in Let Every Little Fracture Shatter, by @Mira_Jade

Mara Jade in Reclamation, by @Gabri_Jade
    Ben Skywalker in Enter the Foreign, by @ViariSkywalker

Dorian Starskip in There is Nothing Lost, by @ViariSkywalker
    Nico Jade in The Emperor’s Hand, by @Gabri_Jade

Favorite Villain
    Darth Vader in Dark Chasm, by @Starith
    Doctor Mezzon in The Base Violence Necessary, or Ruminations of an Anatomist, by @ViariSkywalker

Most Wholesome Character
    Veeran Starskip in A Private Conversation, by @ViariSkywalker
    Ben Skywalker in Found You, by @ViariSkywalker

Luke Skywalker/Mara Jade in Reclamation, by @Gabri_Jade
    Jaina Solo and Jacen Solo in Sacrifice, by @ViariSkywalker

Mara Jade & Darth Maul (Zaed) in Let Every Little Fracture Shatter, by @Mira_Jade
    Corissa/Julian Vasseron in And They Danced, by @Gabri_Jade

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
  10. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
  11. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  13. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Favorite Humor
    The Book of Boba's Cat by @gizkaspice
    Week 18 of They See Me Drabblin', They Hatin' by @UltramassiveUbersue

Favorite Drama

Cargo Hauler by @Thumper09
    [Penguins of Madagascar] Crash and Burn by @pronker

Favorite Angst
    [1923: Yellowstone] Grey: A Poem of Spencer Dutton by @brodiew

Favorite Romance

A Year in Birthdays by @devilinthedetails
    Beach fun by @earlybird-obi-wan

Favorite Genfic

Follow Me Home by @Findswoman
    The Song, the Sea, and the Mand'alor by @Findswoman

Favorite World-Building

Full Spectrum by @Thumper09

Favorite Continuity Compliant

Daybreak by @ViariSkywalker

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
  14. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    The Chyntuck family are on their way out – they're invited to another kiddo party tomorrow, and it took some convincing for Chyntuquita to understand that no, she can't take Omega with her – when Chyn suddenly abandons them and skids back into the festival. "I forgot my Genre and Canonicicy nominations," she grumbles as she digs into her handbag. "Where did I put that paper now?"

A young woman with a yellow Qukuuf on her cheekbone taps her on the shoulder. "Hey Chyn! Is this what you're looking for?"

"What? Oh, hi, Ayesha. Yup, that's the one. Do you mind reading it for me?"

Ayesha smiles. "Not at all! But I need to tell you, the rest of your characters are really upset. You're not writing them anymore and –"

"I know, I know," Chyn interrupts. "Gotta go now, before my kid decides that we're not leaving after all."

And she all but runs away. Ayesha shrugs and holds up the paper. "Ladies and gentlebeings, here are Chyn's nominations for week 3."

Favorite Humor: HK-47 and the Power of Nonviolent Resistance by @Findswoman
    Favorite Angst: Broken by @Gabri_Jade
    Favorite Romance: And They Danced by @Gabri_Jade & A Princess and a Guy Like Him by @Mira_Jade
    Favorite Action/Adventure. Survivor by @Thumper09
    Favorite Alternate Universe: Reclamation by @Gabri_Jade

15. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Offstage, Gabri sets her glass of sangria down with a resonating thunk.

“Where’s Corissa?” she demands. “I need my phone back, I need a gif right now, I need that Kristin Bell one with her hands to her mouth and her eyes full of tears, or the Clawhauser ‘awwww’ from Zootopia—”

“What are you talking about?” Mara asks, an eyebrow raised.

You,” Gabri almost squeaks, pointing across the backstage area to where Maul and smol!Mara in her poofy dress are still chatting, smol!Mara’s gestures still floofing the tulle of her dress.

“Oh, isn’t that sweet,” Nadira says, following her gaze. “You—well, this canon’s you—had a dress just like that when you were tiny, Mara. Well, not quite so fluffy, but—”

Mara frowns. “That’s me?”

Luke grins. “That’s you.” The grin falters. “Is that—me?”

“That’s you,” Gabri confirms, snatching her phone back as Corissa rejoins the group. “Well, one of you. There’s an awful lot of you in general, and Elli in particular has a lot of dark varieties of you—”

“How dark are we talking?” Luke asks warily.

Gabri briefly looks up from her frantic gif search. “You don’t want to know.”

Luke glances at Mara, horrified; she manages to pull her transfixed gaze from the sentient cloud of tulle to return the glance, bemused.

“And is that—a cat?” Ronan asks.

“That’s cat!Vader,” Gabri tells him, turning back to her gifs.

“Cat—” Luke sounds faint, and Mara shakes herself and takes his arm.

“Let’s go sit down, Farmboy. I’ve had all I can handle this week.”

“Aw, but you’re so cuuuute in your floofy tulle dress,” Corissa coos after them.

Ronan peers over Gabri’s shoulder. “Does a gif really fit in this format?”

“We’re already breaking the fourth wall,” Gabri says, not looking up. “It’s fine.”

“It’s not,” Nico says, exasperated. “And we’ve already taken up our fair share of skit time here. Would you just give me that so I can read your nominations?”

Gabri glances up. “You know what, just for that you’re getting the Parks and Recreation Leslie ‘no’ gif.”

“For the love of—” Nico grabs for the phone; after a brief struggle he emerges with it. “Mom, can you distract her with another piece of cake or something, this is ridiculous.” He evades a grab for the phone from Gabri, then heads toward the stage as Nadira soothingly steers Gabri back to the dessert table:

Favorite Humor

Skyclawer by @vader_incarnate
    Disaster Lineage Cheese Shenanigans by @vader_incarnate

Favorite Drama

Enter the Foreign by @ViariSkywalker
    Black Knight by @vader_incarnate
    [Sense and Sensibility] A Dram of Sweet; A Pound of Sorrow by @Mira_Jade

Favorite Angst

Sacrifice by @ViariSkywalker

Favorite Fluff

Found You by @ViariSkywalker
    Needless to Say by @Mira_Jade
    [Sense and Sensibility] The Reflections of a Gentleman In His Glebe by Mira_Jade

Favorite Romance

Luke, the Sun Lord AU by @vader_incarnate
    Between the Moon and the Stars by @ViariSkywalker

Favorite Action/Adventure

Interregnum II by @Bel505 and DrMcKay

Favorite Genfic

Let Every Little Fracture Shatter by @Mira_Jade

Favorite World-Building

Rocks and Hard Places by @Thumper09
    There Is Nothing Lost by @ViariSkywalker

Favorite Alternate Universe

Luke, the Broken AU by @vader_incarnate
    [Sense and Sensibility] A Dram of Sweet, A Pound of Sorrow by @Mira_Jade

16. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Vi stands from the sofa and watches as Omega runs past, waving enthusiastically as Chyntuck’s family goes out the door. She stretches for a second before beckoning to her chaotic OCs. “Hey,” she says. “Are you guys causing trouble? After I told you to behave?”

Festus and Ferrus exchange a skeptical glance. “You mean you were serious about that?” Ferrus says. “Six weeks is a long damn time.”

“We’re basically at the halfway point, don’t whine.”

“I’m not whining.”

“You kind of are,” Festus interjects, reaching up to lean an elbow on his brother’s shoulder. “It’s not a good look, especially after you got another nom for Most Wholesome—”

“I swear I’ll punch you in the face—”

“Nope,” Vi cuts in, raising a hand toward each of them. “No face punching, no lightsabers, no—” She sighs and bows her head, and shakes it. “No chaos.”

The twins look at her in stunned disbelief, completely appalled. Ferrus mutters something under his breath, glaring at Vi and Festus before trudging off. Vi rubs her temples and sits back down on the sofa. After a few seconds, Festus circles around the back and leans over her shoulder.

“Hey,” he says, lowering his voice. “Did I hear that one lady right, that there’s an actual category for ‘stalkeriest stalker who ever stalked’?”

Vi looks back at him, one eyebrow arched in amusement. “You looking to compete?”

He shrugs. “I’d dominate, and you know it.”

“Yeah, you’re pretty creepy when you want to be, but I wouldn’t count the Black King out yet. Elli’s still writing another sequel.”

Festus mirrors her look of amused skepticism. “Aren’t you still writing a sequel?”

“Yeah,” Vi muses, looking off into the middle distance. “You’re extra creepy at the beginning of that one.” She notices Festus is distracted, and follows his gaze to a door opening on the complete opposite side of the room. A pretty young woman with copper-red hair walks through, accompanied by a man with dark red hair who looks, from this distance, to be nearly a carbon copy of all the Luke Skywalkers hanging around backstage. “Ah,” Vi says with a knowing smile. “Time for you to do your stalker thing.”

Festus drags his attention away from the newcomers and looks like he’s about to fire off a snarky retort, when Vi holds up a stopping hand.

“Don’t, I already know what you’re going to say. Let me finish typing up these nominations and then you can tell me all about how much you hate her, et cetera, et cetera…”

Favorite Humor
    The Ballet by @Gabri_Jade

Favorite Drama
    Pull Me Home by @Gabri_Jade
    Fractured by @Gabri_Jade

Favorite Angst
    Broken by @Gabri_Jade
    [The Phantom of the Opera] My Spirit Longs With Thee to Rest by @Mira_Jade

Favorite Fluff

A Princess and a Guy Like Him by @Mira_Jade
    [Sense & Sensibility] The Reflections of a Gentleman in His Glebe by @Mira_Jade

Favorite Romance
    Reclamation by @Gabri_Jade
    The Story So Far by @Gabri_Jade
    [Sense & Sensibility] We Few, We Happy Few, Part Two by @Mira_Jade

Black Pawn by @vader_incarnate
    Black Knight by @vader_incarnate

Favorite Genfic
    As the Force Wills by @Gabri_Jade
    In the Flames by @Raissa Baiard
    [Stranger Things] just whisper the word 'tomorrow' in my ear by @amidalachick

Favorite World-Building
    These Things Will Change by @Thumper09

’Cause I Don’t by @Findswoman
    With Great Interest by @Mira_Jade
    [Sense & Sensibility] We Few, We Happy Few by @Mira_Jade (plus Parts Two and Three)

Let Every Little Fracture Shatter by @Mira_Jade
    Broken by @Gabri_Jade
    [Sense & Sensibility] A Dram of Sweet; A Pound of Sorrow by @Mira_Jade
    [Stranger Things] Take One Moment Into My Hands by @amidalachick

Vi’s phone beeps as she finishes reading through her nominations, and she laughs.

“What’s funny?” Festus asks, eyeing the device.

Vi holds up the phone in his face. “Look at these gifs Gabri sent me…”

17. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    "Yeah, she's off poking the shrubbery or something. Apparently she's never seen a Trandoshan biting butterfly before. But there are some things people just have to learn for themselves."

The yellow-green reptavian with white stripes in her tail swivels her neck in what seems to be her version of an eyeroll.

"Anyway, here you go, a whole bunch of Kahara's favorites."

Favorite Humor

Archive disasters by @earlybird-obi-wan
    [Penguins of Madagascar] Aries Parries Queries by @pronker

Favorite Drama
    “Death and the Maiden” by @Pandora
    Autumn Bingo 2022 fic compilation by @AzureAngel2
    [A:TLA] Rot on the Inside by @devilinthedetails
    [Top Gun] Seeing a Trailer by @DaenaBenjen42

Favorite Angst
    Break the Silence by @ViariSkywalker
    [Stranger Things] just whisper the word 'tomorrow' in my ear by @amidalachick
    [The Phantom of the Opera]“My Spirit Longs With Thee to Rest” by @Mira_Jade

Favorite Fluff

Holovid & Chill by @UltramassiveUbersue
    All’s Coming Along Nicely! by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    Table Talk by @brodiew
    [Star Trek] Week 2 (from Snippets, Like Scattered Petals) by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Favorite Romance
    ”Now You’re a Home” by @Mira_Jade
    [Stranger Things] Week 4 (from Through These Tangled Threads of Light) by @amidalachick
    [Narnia] Music, Beetles, and Love Necklaces by @devilinthedetails

Corona Squadron by @Thumper09
    Trials and Tribulations by @Mira Grau
    [Star Trek: Voyager] A Complication of Kes's by @fardell24
    [A:TLA] I Conquer Ba Sing Se and Other Earth Kingdom Adventures by @devilinthedetails

Favorite Genfic
    Not in the Stars by @devilinthedetails
    Wild Blue or Emte'ir'astov, To Ruzihn En'kin by @pashatemur
    [L&O: OC] 2022 Drabble Challenge Response by @Tarsier
    [Sense & Sensibility] "Keep Thy Armor Bright" by @Mira_Jade

Favorite World-Building
    Rocks and Hard Places by @Thumper09
    The Rose Between the Worlds by @Findswoman
    [A:TLA] Unforgotten Friend by @devilinthedetails
    [Star Trek] Snippets, Like Scattered Petals by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

After the Battle by @Raissa Baiard
    In Which All Roads Lead to Dok-Ondar by @Seldes_Katne
    [A:TLA] Fall of the Toy Soldier by @devilinthedetails
    [Tolkien] A Legacy of Choices by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Week 11: Leia ANH AU (from On the Creation of Monsters) by @vader_incarnate
    Be a Jedi? by @SirCarrot
    [L&O: OC/FBI] The Ghost of You by @Tarsier
    [Sense & Sensibility] "A Dram of Sweet; A Pound of Sorrow" by @Mira_Jade

Edit: Aaaand my changed nomination didn't come from the right year either. Sorry everyone, I just cannot track linear time. Will try and see if there's something I can find to post in a makeup later. :p

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
  18. The Golden Yoda

Feb 23, 2017
    [​IMG]

2022 Favorites of FanFic Festival
    Week 4: Fun Categories That Don’t Have a Catchy Group Name

ViariSkywalker walks swiftly across the stage to take the microphone. She has traded her comfy Millennium Falcon shirt for a deep purple sweater dress, and she clears her throat and gives the crowd a smile and a little wave.

Well, folks, we’ve reached the halfway point in our festivities, and I’m very pleased to announce that this week, we’ll be submitting nominations for our Fun Categories! We have some new additions to this eclectic group this year, which we’re very excited about. Without further ado, the categories are:

Week 4: Fun Categories That Don’t Have a Catchy Group Name
    • Story You Just Can’t Stop Thinking About
    • Unclassifiable Classic
    • Head-Canon Accepted!
    • Favorite Title
    • Favorite Line in a Fic
    • Favorite Headsplode Moment
    • Favorite Action Scene
    • Favorite “Finally” Moment
    • Crushed That Challenge

Once again, you may submit two stories for Star Wars and two stories for Non-Star Wars in each of the categories. Just provide us with the category name, story title, author, and a link to the story (you are welcome to post the link itself, no fancy formatting required!). For NSWFF, please include the fandom as well. And if you prefer to submit your nominations anonymously, you can send those via PM to @The Golden Yoda.

Please also remember that some of these categories involve some big spoilers, so we’re using spoiler tags to hide those. For more details on how to format your nominations for Favorite Headsplode Moment and Favorite “Finally” Moment, please see this post.

There’s a slight commotion offstage, and Vi glances in that direction, both eyebrows raised. After a few seconds, her expression relaxes, and she smiles at the audience.

Good news, everyone! Despite some setbacks – which I have been repeatedly assured were in no way caused by certain Sith Lords competing to see who could create the biggest disruption – it looks like the entertainment has arrived! Well… the official entertainment anyway…

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
  19. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Elli, notably free of her entourage, walks triumphantly towards the stage.

Leia stares suspiciously at her. "What did you do with my evil twins?"

Elli stares suspiciously back. "What if you're the evil twin?"

"Did you -"

The writer waves a dismissive hand. "Kidding, kidding of course! I … um. Very rarely write dark Leia AUs."

"What does very rarely entail exactly?"

"Irrelevant! The point is: your evil twin? I have discovered his - their? - I have discovered their kryptonite."

Leia arches an eyebrow. "Their what now?"

Elli blinks. "Oh - wrong fandom. His single unexpected weakness?"

"His … Death Star thermal exhaust vent?"

"No, more like … I'd better just show you," Elli sighs and gestures. The princess, bemused, follows.

Backstage, milling about a long table, a dozen Lukes of varying solidity are gathered and excitedly gesticulating at each other. Visible beyond the press is a beleaguered looking man in a traditional chef's hat, looking very confused and not a little bit frightened.

Leia's eyes widen in astonishment. "Is that -"

"Voila!" Elli yells in triumph, gesturing broadly to take in the scene. "The weakness of every Luke Skywalker across every multiverse and moral alignment. The hot chocolate bar! All the toppings you heart desires - cinnamon sticks, peppermint crumbles, chocolate shavings, and every kind of marshmallow you've ever dreamed of. There's even hot chocolate bombs! I should probably grab a few for Chyntuck's little ones and small Mara before all of those are claimed."

"What is the chef doing?" Leia asks suspiciously.

"It's a very fancy hot chocolate bar. He's the hot chocolatier - he's brûléeing the marshmallows."

"Okay: first of all, you're making that up. Hot chocolatier is absolutely not a thing -"

"I'm a writer, I make things up all the time -"

"But more importantly, I'm not sure putting a bunch of evil copies of my brother in a situation where they're waiting in line for something to be brûléed is the best idea," Leia continues warily, looking at a particular set of Lukes who are chattering quickly together and making short, sharp movements. "He's … resourceful."

Barely a second later, a Luke wearing a comically oversized pair of heart-shaped sunglasses ignites a crimson lightsaber and carefully lowers it towards his marshmallow bedecked mug.

The others look quickly around each other, and hands start to float down to hilts.

Elli looks wildly at Leia, definitely not panicked. "Maybe not."

Favorite Humor
    The Funeral by @Gabri_Jade
    The Steel in Our Hearts Will Be Monuments by @ViariSkywalker

Favorite Drama
    How Light Goes on Endlessly by @Mira_Jade

Favorite Angst
    Broken by @Gabri_Jade
    Token of Gratitude by @Starith

Favorite Fluff

Needless to Say by @Mira_Jade

Favorite Romance
    Between the Moon and the Stars by @ViariSkywalker

Favorite Genfic
    Let Every Fracture Shatter by @Mira_Jade
    Star Wars: Revolution by @cthugha

Favorite World-Building
    There is Nothing Lost by @ViariSkywalker

With Great Interest by @Mira_Jade

Broken by @Gabri_Jade

While running away, Elli looks quickly up thread and sees the Max Rebo band. She whips out a phone and mutters, "Gotta tell Gabri there are gifs in this format ... "

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
  20. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Mira scrambles from backstage, muttering under her breath about the perils of putting the hot chocolate bar next to the sangria table with a cast of characters who don't understand the importance of fire safety, regardless of which side of good and evil they fall on.

"I thought we drew the line at lightsaber grilled cheese," Mace Windu rumbles threateningly as he stalks alongside her, taking one stride for every two of her own. "This is getting out of hand."

Mira shrugs helplessly. "Thanks for helping us restore order, though - the balance of the Festival hangs on our ability to keep peace between the Light and the forces of . . . um, Chaos."

There's a snort from a nearby pair of nearly identical young men. Mira narrows her eyes and sweetly mouths: "Most wholesome, remember?"

Mace glares at the twins, who are admittedly less than impressed - especially when a seemingly sentient ball of tulle runs up to Mace and tugs him down to her height. Smol!Mara bestows a knit hat upon the Jedi Master's bald head, who gently accepts the gift with all due gravitas. His imposing nature is hardly affected by the fuzzy purple cap, nor the poofy ball on top.

The twins snicker, and Mira frowns. "If Tionne made you a hat, you'd wear it, too," she mutters, "Let alone if she did."

Mace puts a hand on Mira's shoulder. "Go on; we've got this under control." He gestures sharply towards the stage. "It is time for you to announce your favorites."

"Are you sure?" Mira frets before Song!verse Hera comes to steer her away. "What about the - "

" - you're already a week behind, hon," Hera reasons comfortingly. "It's time to catch up."

"But - "

" - come on, Mira, we'll help this time around." Caleb joins his wife, and together, all three walk out on stage. "And then," he whispers to Hera, "we're going to take advantage of Master Billaba keeping an eye on the kids - and Ezra, too - while we see about this hot chocolate bar."

"Sounds like a plan, love." Hera smiles, and takes the card from Mira's hand. "Now, for Week 3, Mira_Jade's favorites are as follows . . ."

Favorite Humor
    What's New, Tooka-Kit?, by @Findswoman
    Skyclawer, by @vader_incarnate
    [Penguins of Madagascar] Aries Parries Queries, by @pronker
    [A:TLA] Most Underhanded Tactic, by @devilinthedetails

Favorite Drama
    Life Raft, by @ViariSkywalker
    Reclamation, by @Gabri_Jade
    [A:TLA] The Source of Happiness, by @devilinthedetails
    [Stranger Things] Through These Tangled Threads of Light, by @amidalachick

Favorite Angst
    Mourning, by @vader_incarnate
    Sacrifice, by @ViariSkywalker
    [A:TLA] Absolution, by @devilinthedetails
    [1923: Yellowstone] Grey: A Poem of Spencer Dutton, by @brodiew

Favorite Fluff
    The Funeral, by @Gabri_Jade
    Found You, by @ViariSkywalker
    [A:TLA] Most Underhanded Tactic, by @devilinthedetails

Favorite Romance
    Between the Moon and the Stars, by @ViariSkywalker
    Pull Me Home, by @Gabri_Jade
    [L&O: OC] Things You Said, by @Tarsier
    [Rings of Power] Two Were One, by @devilinthedetails

Fivefold Unfolding, by @Findswoman
    Enter the Foreign, by @ViariSkywalker

Favorite Genfic
    In The Flames, by @Raissa Baiard
    I Go Seeking, by @Findswoman
    [Stranger Things] Salt and Water, by @amidalachick
    [Tolkien] A Legacy of Choices, by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Favorite World-Building
    Rocks and Hard Places, by @Thumper09
    Enter the Foreign, by @ViariSkywalker
    [Top Gun] Seeing a Trailer, by @DaenaBenjen42

What Kind of Honor Guard, by @Findswoman
    Daybreak, by @ViariSkywalker
    [A:TLA] I Conquer Ba Sing Se and Other Earth Kingdom Adventures, by @devilinthedetails

There is Nothing Lost, by @ViariSkywalker
    Reclamation, by @Gabri_Jade
    [Stranger Things] Take One Moment Into My Hands, by @amidalachick

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
  21. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    [​IMG]

Here. Let the adorable Baby Yoda gif distract you from the fact that I have no decent skit or script prepared for this week. Now on with the next batch of favorites as this party continues[face_party]

Story You Just Can't Stop Thinking About:
    From a Flimsi Scrap Found on the Crystal Cliffs, Lira San by @Findswoman

Favorite Title:
    Death and the Maiden by @Pandora

Favorite Line in a Fic:
    "The Force talked to itself frequently. That had been one of the first things it had tried to combat boredom. While it sometimes talked to its creations, there was no one else it could really converse with on the same level. Talking to itself did get a bit tedious at times, though, because half the time it already knew what it was going to say." --I Ship It! by @Raissa Baiard

"In your white mountains and moonwashed cliffs I see only the purple-gray peaks that I know are now crumbled to dust."--From a Flimsi Scrap Found on the Crystal Cliffs, Lira San by @Findswoman

Crushed That Challenge:
    I Ship It! by @Raissa Baiard

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
  22. scienfictionfan

scienfictionfan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 1, 2020
    Story You Just Can't Stop Thinking About:
    Interregnum: II by @Bel505
    Favorite Title:
    Repercussion of Time by @ZaraValinor

23. The Golden Yoda

Feb 23, 2017
    Hey everyone! Just a reminder that today is the last day to post your favorites for our Fun Categories. Tomorrow will begin the Reviewer & Author categories. If you prefer to submit your favorites anonymously, feel free to PM them to @The Golden Yoda. If you do miss the deadline, remember that we are allowing make-ups to be posted throughout the festival, as well as during Week 6 at the end. Thank you, and have a lovely day!

24. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Week 4 favorites time! I too have no clever skit or witty commentary, nor even a cute gif, and I make no bones about it. :p

Story You Just Can’t Stop Thinking About
    In the Flames by @Raissa Baiard (you know I love me a good Force POV!)
    Cargo Hauler by @Thumper09 (so wonderful to see Bodhi featured as a main character!)

Unclassifiable Classic
    Swish, zziing, swish, zziing. Zzziiiing by @earlybird-obi-wan (Prose poem, music-fic, dialogue, and action all rolled into one!)
    The Final Walk of the Pilgrim’s Way by @Seldes_Katne (Who is speaking, and to whom? And is it introspection, a travel guide, a reflection on the state of the Force, or all of the above? Whills, anyone?)

Headcanon Accepted!
    Week Four from “We Have Drabbles" by @Raissa Baiard (the happy future together that Kanan, Hera, and Jacen deserved)
    Mourning by @vader_incarnate (Huttese as Anakin’s mother tongue)

Favorite Title
    Enantiodromia by @arkham618 (gotta love a good sesquipedalian title!)
    The Tale of Canderous Ordo and How It Is Past Wren's Bedtime by @Kahara (is exactly, and superlatively, what it says on the tin!)

Favorite Line in a Fic
    “…transmitted their path / Made of nothing but hope and theoretical math.” —Flight Officer Darin “Thumper” Stanic, Corona Nine by @Thumper09
    "Recitation: Like every other sentient sack of flesh here, I am most eager to begin this journey. I can think of nothing more thrilling than the ride that awaits me on your fine vehicle, and I am certain that the fraying cables and half-rusted chassis and overheating engine won’t be an issue as we scale this dangerously steep mountain; nor do I fear that the catastrophic failure of any one of these components will cause us all to plummet to our doom, dashing our fragile, liquideous bodies against the cold and unforgiving rock.” —HK-47 in “meatbag” disguise in The Steel in Our Hearts Will Be Monumentsby @ViariSkywalker

Favorite Headsplode Moment
    Imposters by @Kit'
    The moment when we realize that Kithera is disguising herself as, and playing the role of, a Jedi—riffing on the theme of the challenge the story was written for, which was to write a story where “one of your OCs does something that at first glance seems to be out-of-character for them.” Just sums up Kithera’s whole relationship to the Jedi in a very cool way!
    Unreliable Allies by @Seldes_Katne
    The end, when Boss Nass voices his intention to take over the Republic, in cooperation with Viceroy Nute Gunray. Yes, you read that right!

Favorite Action Scene
    Duel scene between Nicco and Veron.
    Final fight scene with twins and HK-47 vs. the kidnapper and his minions—especially the “Kneecaps” moment.

Favorite “Finally” Moment
    Fathom by @Thumper09
    When Bissl reaches the surface at last.
    Even Without The Ray Shield, You're Still Imprisoned by @rktho
    The end of the story, when it finally hits Grievous that Ronderu’s voice is only in his head.

Crushed That Challenge
    The Briar and the Rose by @Kit' (OTP Thread Challenge of Challenges)
    Fathom by @Thumper09 (OC Late Summer 2022 Challenge: Finding Your Path)

25. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003