main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~*~ The 2022 Favorites of FanFic Festival ~*~ Thanks for a great Festival! We welcome your feedback!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by The Golden Yoda, Feb 12, 2023.

1. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    His hands full, Nico wanders through the backstage area until he finds Mara and Luke on a couch in an out of the way corner. “There you are,” he says. He hands his brother-in-law a steaming mug, then lifts one of the two glasses from his other hand and gives it to Mara, then plops down beside her and sips his own sangria.

“Nice fan carry,” Mara tells him approvingly. “Where’d you learn that?”

“Part time serving job as a teenager,” Nico replies. “How’s he doing?”

“Well,” Mara says with a shrug, “the whole ‘multitude of dark mes and also my father is apparently a cat’ realities are a bit much still, but the hot chocolate can only help.”

“Are these toasted marshmallows?” Luke asks, sniffing his mug appreciatively.

“Brûléed, I’m told,” Nico says, then leans over to whisper to Mara. “You would not believe what’s happening at the hot chocolate bar.”

Before Mara can do more than raise an eyebrow, Ronan and Nadira walk up. “Has anyone seen Corissa?” Ronan asks.

“Last I saw, she was making friends with—” Nico glances sideways at Luke “—cat!Vader.”

Luke winces a little, but sips his hot chocolate silently.

“Honestly, cat!Vader is just lovely,” Nadira insists. “We had such a nice chat back in week two.”

Mara shakes her head. “This whole multiverse festival thing is weird. …is that a Trandoshan biting butterfly? How did that get in here?”

“I’ll get it,” Ronan offers. “Classic dad duty. Does anyone have an empty cup I can catch it in?”

Everyone shakes their heads. “There must be some where the drinks are being served, dear,” Nadira suggests.

“Good idea,” Ronan agrees, and heads that way.

“In the meantime,” Nadira continues, “we really should find Gabri. She hasn’t submitted her nominations yet this week.”

“No need,” Nico says, and pulls Gabri’s phone out of his pocket. “Anyway, I think she’s still sulking because Vi got to use a gif and she didn’t.”

“Oh, dear,” Nadira sighs. “Well, I’ll go read this week’s list, then. If she wanders past, someone talk some sense into her. And keep an eye on that butterfly until your father gets back.”

Story You Just Can't Stop Thinking About

Let Every Little Fracture Shatter by @Mira_Jade
    Luke, the Broken AU by @vader_incarnate

Unclassifiable Classic

Rocks and Hard Places by @Thumper09
    Skyclawer by @vader_incarnate

Head-Canon Accepted!

We Make Our Own Luck by @ViariSkywalker (I will go down with the Tahiri/Ulin ‘ship)
    Disaster Lineage Cheese Shenanigans by @vader_incarnate (Lightsaber grilled cheeses is absolutely a Jedi tradition; this is the way)
    [Sense and Sensibility] Keep Thy Armor Bright by @Mira_Jade (Margaret Dashwood 100% marries a merchant captain and travels the world and Austen herself can’t tell me different)

Favorite Title

Beneath the Gods of the Bright Sky by @ViariSkywalker

Favorite Line in a Fic

"You're not a bad kisser, Farmboy. But it's reductively sexist to assume I'm going to follow you to the dark side for want of a good kiss, and frankly, I'm disappointed in you." —Mara Jade in Black Pawn by @vader_incarnate

He ignited the first and then the second blade, and he opened his eyes to see -

- gold. Like twin beams of liquid sun, the blades were a blinding, xanthous shade of gold. —Let Every Little Fracture Shatter by @Mira_Jade -

Favorite Headsplode Moment

Black Knight by @vader_incarnate
    the plot twist at the end. You can’t miss it. Go read, shoo
    Skyclawer by @vader_incarnate
    the whole premise, I mean, come on

Favorite Action Scene

Tionne vs an Imperial trooper in Interregnum II by @Bel505 and DrMcKay (it’s a very short action scene, but it’s epic)
    Luke Skywalker vs Mara Jade in Black Pawn by @vader_incarnate

Favorite “Finally” Moment

Enter the Foreign by @ViariSkywalker
    When Ben and Anakin defeat Jacen

Crushed That Challenge

Mourning by @vader_incarnate
    [Sense and Sensibility] Love Betters What Is Best by @Mira_Jade

2. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    “You guys really don’t have gifs in your galaxy?” Vi watches as Festus scrolls through her phone. “Like, at all?”

“No,” Ferrus interjects when it becomes apparent that his brother is too engrossed in the phone to answer. “Believe me, he spends enough time on the HoloNet; if we had stuff like this, he’d know about it.”

“Ha!” Festus jumps up and shoves the phone in Vi’s face. “Look at this one!”

Vi looks down at the phone to see a gif of HK-47 gleefully electrocuting an HK-50 unit. “There really aren’t enough HK-47 gifs,” she sighs.

Ferrus walks away, muttering something that sounds a lot like, “The hell there aren’t.”

Vi starts to take the phone from Festus’s hand. “Hey, I need that to present my nominations.”

“In a minute, I want to look for Darth Maul gifs…”

Vi yanks the phone away and raises an eyebrow at his betrayed expression. “I’ll be back in a few minutes, so just chill, okay? Unless you want to read these?”

He flops dramatically onto the couch in response, propping one leg over the arm. At the other end of the couch, canon!Obi-Wan glances at the Sith Lord before looking up at Vi and mouthing, Darth Maul gifs?

Vi smirks. “I’ll show you later.” She heads for the stage, scrolling through her list of nominations…

Story You Just Can’t Stop Thinking About

Unclassifiable Classic
    An Epic in Twelve Parts by @Mira_Jade
    In the Flames by @Raissa Baiard
    [Sense & Sensibility] ‘Ode to a Brook’ and Other Selections by @Mira_Jade

Head-Canon Accepted!
    From Such Infinite Space by @Mira_Jade (The portrayal of Ossus in Mira’s Song!verse)
    Fractured by @Gabri_Jade (Is there any question of where Mara gets her badassery from? The answer is her dad, Ronan Jade)
    [Sense & Sensibility] Cry Havoc and Let Slip by @Mira_Jade (Every detail of Colonel Brandon and Sir John Middleton’s time in India)

Favorite Title
    Enantiodromia by @arkham618
    From Such Infinite Space by @Mira_Jade
    [The Phantom of the Opera] My Spirit Longs With Thee to Rest by @Mira_Jade

Favorite Line in a Fic

Vader had no one left with whom to share his grief, and knew of no other way to lighten it, so he mourned in the only way he could: by meting out the raw pain from the chasm in his soul, the one that should have been full with a wife and a child, the one that was instead a black hole that could never be sated but that always demanded more and more and more as he ripped open the wounds in his psyche again and again and again until he hemorrhaged pain in unending perpetuity.​

Restoration by @Gabri_Jade

for dreams are wished-for things, and she never
    had missed, or asked, desired—never knew
    the prison walls around her, solid, high
    unseen but binding and insidious,
    and she had never noticed, never looked
    beyond, or wondered over what could have
    been—should have been—hers​

[Sense & Sensiblity] ‘Ode to a Brook’ and Other Selections by @Mira_Jade

You wear your courtesy like armor
    And I, like a vine, am
    rooting through stone for skin
    searching, slowly,
    to welcome myself in

Seriously, don’t read this if you don’t want to be spoiled
    When Mara realized who had killed the other clones, and basically everything after that [face_hypnotized]
    [Sense & Sensibility] We Few, We Happy Few by @Mira_Jade
    I definitely wasn’t expecting Brandon’s nightmare! :eek:

Favorite Action Scene
    Black Pawn by @vader_incarnate (the entirety of Luke vs Mara *chef’s kiss*)
    Black Knight by @vader_incarnate (Luke vs Mara, take two!)

For real guys, go read the story if you haven’t already done so
    The moment when Maul/Zaed ignites his new lightsaber! :D
    [Sense & Sensibility] We Few, We Happy Few by @Mira_Jade
    Marianne talking sense into Brandon, and their kiss in the rain [face_love]

Crushed That Challenge
    Fragments of Jade by @Gabri_Jade (for the 2022 Kessel Run challenge)
    The Courage of Stars by @Mira_Jade (for the 2022 Kessel Run challenge)
    [Sense & Sensibility] Love Betters What is Best by @Mira_Jade (for the 2022 Kessel Run challenge)
    [Stranger Things] Take One Moment Into My Hands by @amidalachick (for the 2022 Kessel Run challenge)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  3. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    "There you are!" Omega shouts when Chyntuck returns to the festival with Chyntuquita and her cousin (thankfully the rest of the tribe decided to go to the beach, and Mr Chyn had to go to the office even though it's Sunday). "You're never going to believe this! They have a hot chocolate bar here!"

Chyntuquita and her cousin let out squeals of delight. "Can we go, Mama?"

Chyn gives them an indulgent smile. "Of course we can!"

Omega grabs Chyntuquita's hand. "Let's go, let's go! There's this very nice lady there who said she'd save some hot chocolate bombs for us."

"Oooooh, look!" Chyntuquita's cousin says, pointing at what appears to be a tumbling ball of fluffy tulle topped by red-gold hair. "I had a dress like that when I was smaller."

"Her name is Smolmara," Omega explains. "Weird, uh? But that's what everyone calls her. And the dress is nice."

As they make their way towards the hot chocolate bar, Chyn begins to think that this may not be such a good idea. There are a dozen Luke Skywalkers sitting there, all of them dark and creepy, all of them flickering in and out of existence, and all of them holding ignited lightsabers over their mugs, which definitely comes across as a strange thing to do. What is more, Mace Windu is there too with lightsaber in hand, and he is giving the Lukes his trademark stern look and explaining patiently that lightsabers can be used for grilled cheese but not to brûlé marshmallows. She is about to pull back her progeny when the girls break into a run and leave her there.

"Oh dear," she whispers. As she stands there she realises that the food court is evolving before her very eyes – and somehow every single change seems to involve a lightsaber. There's a sizzling pork stand, and a döner kebab stand, and an all-you-can-eat buffet for cold cuts, and...

She feels something prodding her hip and looks down to see a small, wrinkled green being. "Master Yoda, thank goodness! You need to get this under control, it's –"

"Worry not, you should," Yoda says. "Many uses, a lightsaber has. If over there you look, a swamp stew stand you will see."

Chyn glances in the direction he is showing, where a small army of Yodas is stirring pots. "You know, Master, somehow I feel that people are less interested in lightsabers when they're used as spoons."

Yoda huffs. "A point you have. Still, it matters not. Perhaps relax you should, and read your nominations?"

Chyn blushes. "I don't have any. It was a busy week, I didn't have time to prepare them. I just came here to cheer on everybody else." She glances at the crowd around the chocolate bar, where Chyntuquita is chatting excitedly with a Luke who is wearing... heart-shaped sunglasses? "Oh dear oh dear. I have such a bad feeling about this, it's in a different league altogether."

Her companion follows her gaze. "Quite. Fetch her back for you, I will."

With a sinking feeling, Chyn watches him ignite his lightsaber and hobble away.

(edited with apologies to @ViariSkywalker)

4. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Luke the Black King walks carefully away from the hot chocolate bar, gingerly balancing a cup of hot chocolate piled so high with whipped cream and marshmallows that the pile is higher than the mug itself is tall. He looks inordinately pleased with himself, and glances back at the small green Jedi Master still lecturing the multitudes of his flickering doubles while gesturing vigorously with his small green lightsaber. Some dark!Lukes are visibly hanging their heads in shame.

“Stars, but I missed him,” he murmurs fondly. "I wonder if he'll run into Grogu at this festival, though. I'm sure we all have a lot of questions about the nature of their relationship."

Elli is standing nearby, enjoying the show - but also visibly fretting, wringing her hands. She’s wearing an N-95 mask.

Luke raises an eyebrow. It’s hard to tell he raised an eyebrow, because his comically oversized heart-shaped sunglasses obscure most of his forehead, but you can catch a glimpse of the brow peeking over the rim. “What’s with the mask?”

The writer waves a dismissive hand. “Just tested positive for covid. It's my excuse for being late this week. Thought I’d incorporate a mask into the skit even though I actually have no idea how germ transmission works in the GFFA. But there’s at least two murder cyborgs with breathing problems running around, and I just kinda feel like covid would wreck them, you know? And Vader already has a respirator.”

The raised eyebrow arches higher. “I understood about a third of those words, but sure.”

“Chyntuck sent her kids over there. I know that some of - well, some of the yous are okay with children, but where’s -”

He snorts. “Where’s the version of me you wrote that was driven insane by the sounds of canon typical child murder and has some serious psychological issues with children now? And that was severely kriffed up, by the way. The rest of us are tag-teaming him, keeping him away from the kids. We might be the bad guys, but most of us aren’t bad guys. We’re still minimally antiheroes, for the most part.”

Elli looks relieved. “So the Kyber Crowned Luke is elsewhere?”

Luke the Black King looks around. “Somewhere,” he agrees. “He got scared off by Maul’s shovel talk, so he’s also actively avoiding him. You had him being pretty awful to Mara in that story.” He takes a browned marshmallow from the top of his mug and again looking very satisfied with himself, starts eating it and licking at his mountain of whipped cream. “Do me a favor and nudge my sunglasses further up my nose, would you? They’re slipping, and this hot chocolate really needs two hands.”

The writer obliges, then briefly massages her temples. “And is it too much to ask if you know where cat!Vader got off to?”

The Black King doesn’t realize that he has a generous whipped cream mustache and continues as if he doesn’t. “Oh he’s looking for you, actually. He’s riding around on Artoo - trying to find you so he can convince you to write a shovel talk for him, too. Apparently he’s just learned that there’s an insolent pirate who occasionally has procreative intercourse with his daughter, and he’s offended you haven’t allowed him to express his feelings on the matter yet.”

“Leia would never forgive him if he murdered Han.”

Luke gives her a look. “Do you really think he doesn’t know how to get rid of a body?” He perks up, looking across the room. “Oh look there he is now -”

Elli runs.

Broken by @Gabri_Jade
    Let Every Fracture Shatter by @Mira_Jade

Unclassifiable Classic
    An Epic in Twelve Parts by @Mira_Jade
    Between the Moon and the Stars by @ViariSkywalker

Head-Canon Accepted!
    The Ballet by @Gabri_Jade (Borsk Fey'lya is a lover of the arts, it is so)
    Fractured by @Gabri_Jade (this is Mara Jade's biofamily, it just is)

Favorite Title
    Enantiodromia by @arkham618 (<- I haven't even read the fic, but what a great title)

Favorite Line in a Fic
    [removed because I got years wrong, bbl]

Favorite Action Scene

Enter the Foreign by @ViariSkywalker (the climatic battle scene)
    Enter the Foreign by @ViariSkywalker (the space battle in which Anakin Skywalker gets into an X-Wing)

Crushed That Challenge
    There is Nothing Lost by @ViariSkywalker (2022 Kessel Run Challenge)
    Broken by @Gabri_Jade (inaugural Angstmonger's Anonymous Challenge)

5. The Golden Yoda

The Golden Yoda Game Host star 1 VIP - Game Host

Feb 23, 2017
    [​IMG]

2022 Favorites of FanFic Festival

Week 5: Reviewer & Author
    The audience quiets and moseys to the side as one to let a chrome-armored Mandalorian wearing a cape pass, and Kahara chatters about the wonders of space plants while strolling along at his side unaware.

Did you know that the Indigo-fringed syren plant of Kashyyyk is pollinated by netcasters who stash their prey in its flowers? Enzymes from the megaflora's digestive system help preserve and detoxify carcasses, and the nutrients the plant gains help it survive between the times when it captures its own prey. Aren't the interwoven cycles of life beautiful and glorious?

Din makes what could be a nod of acknowledgement or a "get me out of here" to the heavens and stoically trudges onward. Near the stage, @UltramassiveUbersue , @ViariSkywalker , and @amidalachick wave to the approaching Kahara and mouth the words "THE AWARDS" and "YOUR WEEK TO PRESENT".

Yeah, of course! I won't be but a minute!

Kahara ducks into the boxy cubicle emblazoned with "Darth Sartorius's Supernaturally Useful Changing Booths" and soon returns looking
    almost like she hadn't just been knee deep in greenery. She's wearing a dressy long sweater-top in electric blue and cobalt stripes, along with pale rose slacks and shiny blue boots. Her necklace has a delicate charm on it that resembles some alien form of dragonfly in shiny rose-pink. A couple of Felucian serpentvine leaves are stuck behind her ear. She climbs up to the stage and checks the audio.

Meanwhile, her fellow hosts have been talking to Din and eventually he nods and says, "Carbonite would have been easier. But your credits check out and she's the least trouble I've had this week." The other hosts send him on his way with many best wishes for his youngling, which he accepts with slightly baffled and suspicious grace.

Now watching from the stage open-mouthed, Kahara jumps up and down a bit at the podium.

Whoa, I think I just got bounty hunted? THAT'S SO COOL! I can hardly believe it; I'm such a fan! Everyone's going to be so jealous.

She looks around and finds that the Mandalorian has made a prudent retreat, sensing that the awards host might do something odd like ask for his autograph.

Alright, that was definitely one of the coolest things ever for me personally, but I'm here to present something even more wizard: this Festival's Reviewer and Author week! Now is your chance to recognize both the reviewers and the authors whose works you enjoyed throughout 2022. Not only that, but you also get to pick a story you wrote that was your personal favorite.

You may post up to two authors in each author category, four reviewers (Star Wars and/or NSWFF), and one story you wrote. If you prefer to submit your nominations anonymously, please send them via PM to @The Golden Yoda.

*If you are in a hurry, remember that the link for the story you wrote does not have to be fancily formatted -- the URL is just fine! For example, the plain URL link to this page would be: https://boards.theforce.net/threads...-week-1-style-length-february-12-18.50058800/

• Favorite Reviewers (choose up to 4)
    • Favorite Author in Before
    • Favorite Author in Saga
    • Favorite Author in Beyond
    • Favorite Author in NSWFF
    • Favorite New Author
    • Most Versatile Author
    • Favorite Story YOU Wrote
    [​IMG]

6. scienfictionfan

scienfictionfan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
  7. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Ooh, it's time for me to give out my last batch of awards! How exciting[face_party]

[​IMG]

Favorite Reviewers:
    @Findswoman
    @Kahara
    @amidalachick
    @Mira_Jade

Favorite Author in Before:
    @earlybird-obi-wan
    @JediMaster_Jen

Favorite Author in Saga:
    @vader_incarnate
    @Findswoman

Favorite Author in Beyond:
    @ViariSkywalker
    @Gabri_Jade

Most Versatile Author:
    @Raissa Baiard
    @Pandora

Favorite Author in NSWFF:
    @brodiew
    @pronker

Favorite Story You Wrote:
    Memory and Smoking Ash

I also wanted to take a moment to extend another big thank you to our lovely hostesses: @Kahara, @amidalachick, @ViariSkywalker, and @UltramassiveUbersue for putting in the time, energy, effort, and planning to make this another spectacular Festival of Favorites. Thanks are also due to the wonderful @Raissa Baiard for creating the magnificent artwork for us to enjoy again this Festival. You're all awesome[:D]

A humble to thank you to everyone who nominated myself and/or one of my stories this year. Your continued support helps keep me motivated to write when my muse decides to be difficult@};-

A big congratulations as well to all those who had their stories nominated or who were nominated as authors or reviewers. Your stories and reviews have enriched the fanfic section of our site=D=

In short, keep being incredible, everybody! Rock on[face_peace]

8. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Kithera sneaks through the back way, Del following behind and trying to hush the rest of the family.

"I don't know why we're bothering," Essie says, from behind them looking pensive. "We're late and I doubt they have anything left that's good to steal."

"We're here because we know them," Del says softly. "This is how we show them what they mean to us."

"By being late and taking their stuff?"

Kithera stops suddenly, causing the rest of the family to almost pile into the back of her.

"We're here," she says, turning on the spot. The younger scoundrels shrink back as they hear the quiet determination in her tone. "Because these people have supported us since before you were born." Her eyes flash dangerously and for a second Del can see the Jedi she once was. "Since before any of you were born. They've supported us, and even though we're not great at showing them how much they mean to us - we should, for once, at least try."

There's a long and pregnant pause as Kithera makes eye-contact with each of her children until they duck their heads and scuff their feet.

Glancing around Del gives Kithera a bemused look before taking her hand in his and leading the leather clad thief up the stairs.

"Come on Rin, otherwise we'll miss it entirely."

Favorite Reviewers:
    @Findswoman
    @Kahara
    @Thumper09
    @earlybird-obi-wan

@earlybird-obi-wan

Favorite Author in Saga:
    @Cowgirl Jedi 1701
    @Kahara

@ViariSkywalker

Most Versatile Author:
    @Findswoman

@Thumper09

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
  9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Hey Kaagi, you should see this.
    What's on the holo Aaqu?
    Stories about us and about the past.
    Yeah, yeah. We should ask Tarhin Engaron about the past. He has met Gios.
    And we have seen the rise of the empire, Skywalker defeating Sidious and Jacen Solo turning back to the light.
    Skywalkers, always having some influence. You have seen what Cade Skywalker did.
    BEEP PIE
    My pager.
    We have an emergency Aaqu.
    And no speeding allowed.

Favorite Reviewers:
    @Findswoman
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    @amidalachick
    @Vek Talis

@Vek Talis
    @JediMaster_Jen

Favorite Author in Saga:
    @Thumper09
    @Findswoman

@ViariSkywalker
    @Mechalich

Most Versatile Author:
    @Thumper09

Favorite Author in NSWFF:
    @amidalachick
    @pronker

Favorite Story You Wrote:
    Tetrahedron

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Week 5, here we come! Wow, how amazing that we’re almost at the end of our festival! I’ve loved reading everyone’s nominations as they’ve come in, and I’m in awe of all the creative fun that went into the various skits and presentations. Kudos and bravissime to the entire festival team for the amazing job you did to make this fest a fun, positive way to celebrate the creativity we’ve got in this forum. =D= And much gratitude and a big “aw, shucks!” to those who have nominated stories and characters of mine. [:D]

Favorite Reviewers
    @earlybird-obi-wan —for giving everything a try, and always being so supportive!
    @Kahara —for that perfect mix of close reading, keen insight, and warm encouragement!
    @Mira_Jade —for the in-depth love she gives every line, and for feeling the story along with the author! (No other way to describe it!)
    @Seldes_Katne —for keen knowledge of both this universe and ours, and for being candid! (Really!)

Favorite Author in Before
    @earlybird-obi-wan
    @Kit'

Favorite Author in Saga
    @Raissa Baiard
    @Thumper09

Favorite Author in Beyond
    @Gabri_Jade
    @ViariSkywalker

Favorite New Author
    @jedimasterkryptonic
    @order_67
    (Would love to see more from you both!)

Most Versatile Author
    @devilinthedetails
    @Mira_Jade

Favorite Story I Wrote
    Probably The Rose between the Worlds, as it ended up being a culmination of both my Lasan and Rose Evergreen stories. (Which doesn’t mean I won’t write more of either, of course! ;)

11. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I don't have anything fun or clever to add, but I do want to say a big thank you to:

@Kahara, @UltramassiveUbersue, and @ViariSkywalker for being the best hostesses and volunteer team
    @Raissa Baiard for her lovely artwork
    @devilinthedetails, @Findswoman, and @Mira_Jade for being the awesomest mods

And finally, thank you to everyone who's nominated my stories this year. This has always been such an awesome, supportive community and we are all lucky to have so many talented authors and fantastic stories to read and celebrate! [face_love][:D]

Favorite Reviewers
    @earlybird-obi-wan
    @Mira_Jade
    @pronker
    @UltramassiveUbersue

@earlybird-obi-wan
    @Kit'

Favorite Author in Saga

@Hopefulwriter
    @Raissa Baiard

@Gabri_Jade
    @ViariSkywalker

Favorite Author in NSWFF

@brodiew
    @pronker

Most Versatile Author

@devilinthedetails
    @Mira_Jade

Favorite Story YOU Wrote
    Week 8 of Through These Tangled Threads of Light. I haven't made a secret of the fact that I've struggled with my writing these past few years. This particular set of drabbles was something that I had fun writing, and I actually felt okay about how it turned out. It's a small step but I'm proud of it. [face_love]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  12. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    “I am not sulking,” Gabri insists as she follows Ronan to rejoin the rest of the family. “I’m just saying, even Festus is using gifs now—”

“It seems to me that there are more important things happening than gifs,” Ronan observes. “Were those Masters Yoda and Windu lecturing the dark Lukes?”

“Oh, yeah,” Gabri says. “Sometimes I forget that you and Nadira lived through the Clone Wars. Of course you’d know a bunch of prominent Jedi by sight.”

“Everyone knew Master Yoda and Master Windu by sight back then,” Ronan agrees. “I never heard about using lightsabers to make grilled cheeses, though.”

“It’s a secret Jedi tradition,” Gabri tells him, watching Artoo—an Artoo, anyway—roll by with cat!Vader sitting sedately yet threateningly on his dome. “Or hazing ritual. I don’t think even the Jedi are sure which, to be honest.”

Ronan shakes his head. “The things you learn at a fanfic festival. I’d also never heard of the syren plant of Kashyyyk. You?”

Gabri shakes her head. “I’m just here to write character studies and banter. I know my niche. But at least we know who to return the Trandoshan butterfly to.”

“By the way, who’s Cade Skywalker?”

“Oh, he’s Legends!canon Luke and Mara’s—” Gabri pauses. “Great-grandson? Or great-great-grandson? Honestly, I’m not sure that was ever pinned down. One of their descendants, anyway.” She pauses again. “Let’s not mention him to your Luke and Mara, okay? Cade was essentially a good guy, but he had some…issues, and Luke isn’t over cat!Vader yet.”

They round a corner. Up ahead of them, Luke, Mara, and Nico are sitting on a couch and gazing fixedly at a colorful butterfly perched on the couch arm nearest Nico. Mara glances over at them, and sighs in relief. “There you are,” she calls. “I was just wondering if I should take my lightsaber to an insect. Do you have that cup, Dad?”

“Hey,” Nico protests, still watching the butterfly. “I’m between you and the insect in question. No lightsabers.”

“Don’t get dramatic,” Mara tells him. “That’s Corissa’s job. I wouldn’t have hit you.”

“I’ve got it,” Ronan assures them, and carefully lowers the empty cup on top of the butterfly. “Who has some flimsi to slide under the cup?”

“I do, dear,” Nadira says as she arrives on the scene. She fishes briefly in her pocket and comes up with last week’s grocery list. “Don’t need this any more. Oh, there you are, Gabri. Are you ready to read your week five nominations?”

“Hey, now,” Gabri protests. “I told you all back in week one that I don’t do crowds.”

“Well, I’m not doing it,” Nico declares. “I don’t do crowds either, and I still took a turn. Get Corissa, she loves an audience.”

Gabri waves a hand vaguely. “She cornered Din Djarin before he could make his escape. She was squeeing over Grogu last I saw.”

“Well, I just read last week’s,” Nadira says.

“And I read week one,” Mara adds.

“I haven’t finished my hot chocolate,” Luke points out.

Everyone looks at Ronan. He looks back at them. “In case you hadn’t noticed, I’m on dad duty with a bug here.”

Nico stands and carefully takes the cup and flimsi from him. “I’ll do it. I’d rather be bitten by a butterfly than go stand in front of a crowd again.”

Ronan sighs, then takes the phone from Nadira and begins scrolling. “Fine. Where’s this week’s—ah, there it is. I’ll be right back, I guess.”

“Remember to use a gif!” Gabri calls after him, and everyone sighs.

Favorite Reviewers

@ViariSkywalker
    @Mira_Jade
    @vader_incarnate
    @Bel505

—All four are wonderfully enthusiastic and insightful reviewers whose comments are always deeply rewarding and a delight to receive [face_love]

Favorite Author in Saga

@vader_incarnate
    @Mira_Jade

@ViariSkywalker
    @Bel505

Favorite Author in NSWFF

@Mira_Jade

Most Versatile Author

@ViariSkywalker
    @Mira_Jade

Favorite Story YOU Wrote

Reclamation —The idea I got fifteen years ago, never forgot, and am finally writing - and which pulled me back to fanfic after years away, and which is therefore indirectly responsible for everything I’ve written since. Now I just have to finish it :p

Ronan returns backstage, and Gabri’s eyes suddenly widen. “I forgot to thank and congratulate everyone!”

“I’m on it,” Ronan assures her, and scrolls some more on her phone:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gabri beams at him as she takes her phone back. “You’re my favorite character now. Don’t tell the others.”

13. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Chyntuck suddenly has an idea, one so simple and obvious that she wonders how she could not think of it earlier. She pulls her notepad out of her bag and scribbles a story about a stand for oriental sweets. When she looks up, the stand has materialised right there, and it's everything she has imagined. Vats of warm rice pudding waiting to be sprinkled with cinnamon. Mountains of butter and almond biscuits coated with powdered sugar. Racks and racks of crispy baklava dripping with syrup. But, hmmm... something is missing.

Oh, right. The stand shouldn't only be attractive, it should be well-defended. She scribbles a few more lines, and now it's manned by a dour-looking Quinlan Vos and a small legion of Kiffu Guardians. She smiles. Excellent.

She walks up to the creepy Luke who is talking with her little girls and taps him on the shoulder. "As a writer, I am willing you out of existence for the next few minutes," she whispers in his ear.

The Luke obligingly vanishes, and the girls are disappointed. "I don't understand why that happens," Omega says. "You think they're real and start talking with them, and then –"

"Something about fanfic writers' imagination, dear," Chyn explains. "You'll understand it someday. Now why don't you have a look over there?"

The girls glance despondently at the oriental sweets stand, and Chyntuquita and her cousin let out squeals of delight. "Do they have rose water pudding, Mama?" Chyntuquita asks.

"They have everything you want, darling," Chyn says. "I created it."

Chyntuquita grabs Omega's hand. "Let's go! Did you ever have rose water pudding? It's the best thing in the world. Especially with crushed pistachios on top."

And they slip between the Kiffu Guardians, who reform their ranks as soon as the girls are inside.

Confident that her spawn are in good hands, Chyntuck flips to the last page of her notepad and reads out her final nominations.

Favourite Reviewers: @Mira_Jade & @Findswoman
    Favourite Author in Before: @Kit'
    Favourite Authors in Saga: @Thumper09 & @Seldes_Katne
    Favourite Authors in Beyond: @Bel505 & @Gabri_Jade
    Favourite Authors in NSWFF: @Mira_Jade & @pronker
    Favourite New Author: @UltramassiveUbersue
    Most Versatile Author: @Seldes_Katne

She steps aside for a young man carrying an upturned teacup (the weird things characters do sometimes) and continues: "Oh, and thanks to everyone who participated in the festival this year, thanks to @amidalachick @Kahara @ViariSkywalker @UltramassiveUbersue for hosting it, thanks to @Raissa Baiard for the art, thanks to @devilinthedetails @Findswoman and @Mira_Jade for being the mostest awesomest mods, and MOST IMPORTANTLY thank you to all the authors who have been and are still posting fics on the JCF. I love you all!" [:D] [:D] [:D]

She starts moving towards the oriental sweets stand – that rice pudding smelled really good, and she's hungry after writing so much about food – then remembers something and stops. "Hey, creepy Luke?" she calls into the void. "I'm done here. You can come back now!"

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
  14. The Golden Yoda

Feb 23, 2017
    [​IMG]

2022 Favorites of FanFic Festival
    Week 6: Make-Ups

While the audience mingles, enjoying all the cake, hot chocolate, and other goodies on offer, amidalachick is talking to none other than Senator Padmé Amidala. She's changed into a denim miniskirt and vintage "Born In The USA" T-shirt, and she's gesturing wildly as she talks.

"- and just look at your canon!husband! You agree, right? Everybody deserves a second chance and a shot at redemption."

"I don't think that's the kind of 'make-up' this week is talking about, though," Padmé says as tactfully as she can.

"Well, yeah, but you're such a good speaker, I was hoping you could come up with a fancy speech that ties it all together...somehow..." amidalachick smiles hopefully.

Padmé gestures towards where Leia's talking to Breha and Beru. "I'm sorry, my daughter's calling. It's been a lovely festival!"

"Could I at least borrow one of your dresses?" amidalachick calls. Padmé diplomatically pretends not to hear, and she shrugs. "Oh well, it was worth a try."

She goes back to the podium and takes a piece of paper from her pocket.

Hello again, everyone! We've made it to the final week of our festival, and it's been amazing! Let's have a big round of applause for my fellow hosts and all-around awesome volunteers @Kahara, @ViariSkywalker, and @UltramassiveUbersue; our talented Festival artist @Raissa Baiard; and our lovely mods @Mira_Jade, @Findswoman, and @devilinthedetails!

And another big round of applause for all of you - authors, readers, everyone who's nominated your favorite stories and made this Festival and the fanfic forum such a special place!

Now, on with the festivities! She consults her paper. "Well there's another dance, all you gotta do is say yes, and if you're rough and ready for love" - oh wait, wrong paper. She flips it over. Here we go.

Welcome to Week 6, Make-Ups! We all know life happens, so if you missed nominating your favorite story or author during earlier weeks, feel free to do so now. This includes any categories that you didn't use all the possible nomination spots for -- for example, if you didn't nominate any NSWFF stories for a category when you posted originally, you can nominate up to 2 stories for those spots this week.

Keep on rocking! [face_dancing]

[​IMG]
    *Lyrics borrowed from "Tougher Than The Rest" by Bruce Springsteen, and credit to @Kahara for the wording in the 'This includes any categories that you didn't use -' section.

15. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Mira huffs and throws up her hands at Darth Maul, who refuses to leave the side of Mara Jade - or a Mara Jade, at least. Mira peers, and thinks that she may be one of the Maras from the dark!Luke AUs.

"Zaed," she tugs on his arm for emphasis, "this Mara doesn't need your help - and, looking at that scowl, I don't think she even wants your help."

"That . . . thing who dares call himself Luke Skywalker is an abomination, and I'll not have him come near her again."

"But he's just a Luke, and a Luke who's . . . misguided. You should understand that better than anyone! Come on, I'm already late with sharing my favorites as it is. I've got two weeks to make up for, and I can't spend any more time - "

" - go then," Maul dismisses her, "share your favorites and celebrate; revel with your community and rejoice in the triumphs of the past year. I will neither abandon my post nor forsake my vow."

"Even if your Mara is going to be out there on stage with me, with her Luke?"

"My aubrett is safe; this one is not."

Mira pushes up her glasses, ready to double down as the Holder of the Pen when Song!verse!Obi-Wan steps up and places a hand on her shoulder. "It is quite all right," he sooths. "I shall remain here with Zaed and ensure that things remain civil."

"I am no muzzled pet to require such minding, Kenobi," Maul sniffs. "You could not stay my hand if you tried."

"I don't know," Obi-Wan remarks pleasantly. "I did well enough once before, did I not? You ought to be glad that you're a favorite of the Powers that Be - and Mira_Jade, as well - otherwise, there's no logical reason for your survival, let alone your subsequent path towards redemption."

Maul scowls darkly. "I thought we had agreed not to mention that . . . unfortunate incident on Naboo ever again."

"Did we?" Obi-Wan's eyes glitter. "How thoughtless of me to forget."

Maul mutters something that sounds suspiciously like genteel chaos gremlin under his breath, and Obi-Wan only smiles. "Such compliments," he drawls before gesturing to a nearby couch. "Come, my friend, let us take tea together - this particular brew goes splendidly with the delicacy called rose water rice pudding. From here, we can maintain our vigil without this particular Mara - or any version of her character - feeling as if you are coddling her. Does that sound acceptable?"

Maul sighs, looking much put upon, but grudgingly follows Obi-Wan to sit.

Mira mouths a heartfelt, "thank you," at Obi-Wan, and then runs for the stage to sneak in her last favorites of the festival.

Week 4

Enter the Foreign, by @ViariSkywalker
    Reclamation, by @Gabri_Jade
    [Stranger Things] Salt and Water, by @amidalachick
    [Stranger Things] just whisper the word 'tomorrow' in my ear, by @amidalachick

Unclassifiable Classic
    The Beauteous Form of Things, by @ViariSkywalker
    Song to the Four, by @Findswoman
    [1923: Yellowstone] Grey: A Poem of Spencer Dutton, by @brodiew

Head-Canon Accepted!
    Mourning, by @vader_incarnate (Everything about Anakin/Vader and his relationship with language.)
    A Private Conversation, by @ViariSkywalker (Veeran Starskip is a natural with horses in another life, obviously.)
    [A:TLA] Absolution, by @devilinthedetails (Iroh and Lu Ten definitely have this reunion.)
    [Stranger Things] Take One Moment Into My Hands, by @amidalachick (Canon, what canon? This AU is all my heart needs!)

Favorite Title
    I Ship It! by @Raissa Baiard
    [Penguins of Madagascar] Aries Parries Queries, by @pronker
    [Stranger Things] Take One Moment Into My Hands, by @amidalachick

Favorite Line in a Fic
    Death and the Maiden, by @Pandora
    I don’t know who she was, but I know what she had become: She wore the bloodbright red dress with firebug lights a-glow on the skirts, the sleeve cuffs trimmed with stolen nightdark soft fur. The pearl crown was perched on her fine ordinary brown hair. She smiled down, upon the masses of people she couldn’t quite see, at her people, with her new face.​

Sacrifice, by @ViariSkywalker
    Her presence has always felt to him like the pulse of a starfighter’s engines, wild waves of energy held in check by steel and circuitry and a steady hand, oscillating from one extreme to the other without ever tipping over the edge. That thrum of life – that spark that has always been his twin sister – sputters and fades and vanishes completely, and he is left grasping in the dark for some trace of her light.​

I've kissed a thousand shores, from the frozen poles to the sunny tropics, but now I dance around your feet.
    I've drowned empires but now I splash against your skin.
    Go deeper.
    Your secrets and stories are heavy.
    Cast them to me and let me buoy you up.​

[Star Trek] Halcyon Dawn, by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    "In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength." Akilah replied. "And you're one of the strongest people I know."​

Everything about Anakin going home, and I will not spoil more than that.
    Death and the Maiden, by @Pandora
    The moment Caterina defies tradition!

Favorite Action Scene
    The entire finale of Enter the Foreign, by @ViariSkywalker
    The mission in Fivefold Unfolding, by @Findswoman

When Ben and Anakin defeat Jacen.
    And They Danced, by @Gabri_Jade
    After much dancing in every form, Corissa and Julian finally dance together at their wedding.

Crushed That Challenge
    On the Creation of Monsters, by @vader_incarnate
    There is Nothing Lost, by @ViariSkywalker
    [Stranger Things] Through These Tangled Threads of Light, by @amidalachick
    [L&O: OC] 2022 Drabble Challenge Response, by @Tarsier

Week 5

Favorite Reviewers (choose up to 4)

@ViariSkywalker
    @Gabri_Jade
    @vader_incarnate
    @Findswoman

@Kit'

Favorite Author in Saga
    @Findswoman
    @vader_incarnate

@Gabri_Jade
    @ViariSkywalker

Favorite Author in NSWFF
    @amidalachick
    @devilinthedetails

Favorite New Author

@UltramassiveUbersue

Most Versatile Author
    @Raissa Baiard
    @ViariSkywalker

Favorite Story YOU Wrote
    This is such a hard question to answer, but I'm going to have to go with Love Betters What is Best. I poured my heart and soul - and no small amount of research - into this collection, and there are a few pieces in here that I consider some of my finest work as an author. Though, of course, that is a bar I look forward to pushing past and exceeding in the time to come! [face_mischief] [face_love]

And with that, Mira steps back to extend three cheers to everyone! To the volunteers, @amidalachick, @Kahara, @UltramassiveUbersue, @ViariSkywalker, and @Raissa Baiard; her fellow moddesses @devilinthedetails and @Findswoman; and to every author and reader who make this community such a special place on the internet: THANK YOU for being your awesome selves. [:D] [:D] [:D]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
  16. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    Vi returns from the stage to find the Chaos Twins sitting together on her sofa, arms crossed and staring up at her with nearly identical expressions of almost petulant disappointment.

“What’s up?” she says with a shrug.

Ferrus exchanges a glance with his brother before clearing his throat. “If you needed a bounty hunter, why didn’t you ask us?”

Vi bites her lip and winces. “I mean, we wanted Kahara brought in alive, so…”

“Hey, we don’t kill anyone who isn’t wanted dead, and you know it!”

Festus is conspicuously silent next to his brother, and Vi turns away from Ferrus to raise an eyebrow at him. “You got something to add, stabby?”

Festus shrugs. “It is more fun when they’re wanted dead…”

Ferrus rounds on him. “You were supposed to be on my side with this—”

“I am—”

“You just don’t want to get up because the princess is here—”

“Don’t be ridiculous—”

Vi sighs and makes a shooing motion at the twins. “Scoot over so I can sit.” They spread apart to make space, and their argument ceases. Vi plops down on the sofa and massages her temples. After a moment of silence, Festus leans in conspiratorially.

“You know,” he says, “it’s not too late for us to hijack this thing.”

Vi lowers her hands and glances over at him. “You think you’d make it far, with multiple versions of multiple Jedi and Sith running around the place, plus a bunch of writers who can handwave random shavit into existence?”

“I bet you could make it believable.”

“As much as I’d love to accept that challenge, I think we’re gonna let them have their fun. Besides, I’m a host; I can’t just let my OCs take over the festival.”

Ferrus groans and lets his head flop back against the cushions. “This is so boring. You won’t let us talk to anyone or do anything.”

Vi studies him thoughtfully. “We need to find you a horse.”

“I don’t know what that means.”

“Well anyway, it’s nearly over. Just have to read this last set of nominations and say some thank yous, and then we’re almost done.”

Festus holds out his hand toward Vi’s phone. “I can read those for you this time.”

Vi eyes him skeptically. “Nice try, but I know how your mind works.” She stands up, taking her phone with her, but after taking a step, she turns back toward Festus with a knowing smile. “And there are better ways of getting Allana’s attention than hijacking the fanfic festival.”

Festus tilts his head to one side, mirroring her smile. “But probably not faster ways.”

Vi chuckles and waves at him over her shoulder as she heads for the stage. “Maybe next year…”

Favorite Reviewers

@vader_incarnate – Elli’s reviews are enthusiastic and hilarious and full of awesome insights and unique meta, and it’s always a treat to read her reactions. [face_batting]
    @Pandora – Pandora leaves such deeply insightful and thoughtful reviews; receiving one is like opening a present, and they leave me feeling ridiculously accomplished. [face_blush]
    @Mira_Jade – Mira’s reviews are so incredibly in-depth and chock full of her infectious enthusiasm and her deep love for the characters and the story; it’s truly rewarding to receive her feedback. [face_love]
    @Gabri_Jade – Gabri is so good at picking up on the nuances of characterization and storytelling in a fic, and it’s always a pleasure to read her spot-on insights and commentary. Gabri’s reviews always make me feel like I actually know what I’m doing. :p

Favorite Author in Saga
    @Gabri_Jade
    @Mira_Jade

@vader_incarnate
    @Gabri_Jade

Favorite Author in NSWFF
    @Mira_Jade
    @amidalachick

Most Versatile Author
    @Gabri_Jade
    @vader_incarnate

Favorite Story YOU Wrote
    Once again, picking my favorite story from the past year is about as impossible as choosing between my kids, but I think it’s only right that I choose Enter the Foreign. Not only is it the genesis of my entire Enter!verse, it’s also a story that has been near and dear to my heart for close to fifteen years, and finishing it in 2022 was such a huge accomplishment for me. I’m very proud of the story as a whole, and I’m thankful for how it helped me to become a better writer and spurred me to explore an entire world of stories I otherwise wouldn’t have written.

Vi smiles out at the audience. Normally she would be nervous as hell in front of all these people – and she still is, kind of – but she sees the faces of her friends and fellow fanfic writers and beloved characters out there, and she thinks this really isn't so bad.

“And finally, I'd like to say thank you to my fellow hostesses, @amidalachick, @Kahara, and @UltramassiveUbersue, for putting on this awesome festival; to @Raissa Baiard for her lovely artwork; to our excellent and hardworking mod team, @Mira_Jade, @devilinthedetails, and @Findswoman; and thank you to everyone who honored me by nominating me or my stories for any of the categories. I appreciate it more than I can fully express. I had a lot of fun this year, and I hope you all did, too!”

[:D]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    "A life saved and now back to watching the show Kaagi?
    Kaagi? Hey you know that sleeping in a changing cubicle isn't allowed but you do it all the time after a difficult procedure. Ah whatever. I will go and watch the show."
    Aaqu Maerhin heads to the exit of the surgery-wing and towards the restaurant.
    "Aaqu, nice to join us. You should relax and have a siraberry pie and a mujaa-juice."
    "Ivano what are you doing here?"
    "Watching that show on the holo. It's about the Jedi of the past and stories about them."
    "And there is Tarhin. You can ask him about the past. He has been dealing with Stellan Gios, Avar Kriss and Elzar Mann."
    "And who is that on the holo?"
    "A writer giving thanks to, a whatever just listen to her:
    Thanks to @amidalachick @Kahara @ViariSkywalker @UltramassiveUbersue for hosting it, thanks to @Raissa Baiard for the art, thanks to @devilinthedetails @Findswoman and @Mira_Jade for being the mostest awesomest mods, and MOST IMPORTANTLY thank you to all the authors who have been and are still posting fics on the JCF.

18. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Week 6: Make-Ups!

Week 1: Style & Length

Favorite One-shot
    Hope Has a Place by @Nehru_Amidala
    Daybreak by @ViariSkywalker

Favorite Part of a Series
    As the Force Wills, from Fragments of Jade by @Gabri_Jade

Favorite WIP

Favorite Short Story
    Detours by @Thumper09

Week 3: Genre and Canonicity

Favorite Humor
    A Little Help, Here? by @vader_incarnate
    Shup It! by @Raissa Baiard

Favorite Angst
    Memory and Smoking Ash by @devilinthedetails

Favorite Fluff
    Found You by @ViariSkywalker
    Love in the Naboo Lake Country by @devilinthedetails

Favorite Alternate Universe
    Sacrifice by @ViariSkywalker
    Reclamation by @Gabri_Jade

Week 4: Fun Categories That Don’t Have A Catchy Group Name

Head-Canon Accepted
    Fractured by @Gabri_Jade (this is definitely Mara’s bio-family. No question about it!)

Favorite Title
    Memory and Smoking Ash by @devilinthedetails
    The Steel in Our Hearts Will Be Monuments by @ViariSkywalker

Crushed That Challenge
    The Secret of the Water Gardens by @Findswoman
    Pull Me Home by @Gabri_Jade

Favorite Reviewers
    @Findswoman
    @earlybird-obi-wan
    @Mira_Jade

@Vek Talis
    @earlybird-obi-wan

Favorite Author in Saga
    @Mira_Jade
    @Findswoman

@ViariSkywalker
    @Gabri_Jade

Favorite Author in NSWFF
    @amidalachick
    @pronker

Favorite New Author
    @SirCarrot
    (Would love to see your story finished and many more!)

Most Versatile Author
    @devilinthedetails
    @Thumper09

I also want to say a huge thank you to @amidalachick, @Kahara, @ViariSkywalker and @UltramassiveUbersue for hosting this gig! You are all awesome! Also, big thanks to @Raissa Baiard for the wonderful artwork. Your creativity knows no bounds!=D=

To everyone who had their story/stories nominated or were nominated as an author or reviewer-CONGRATS!! You are all supremely talented and this place would not be the same without you!!@};-

Last, but by no means least, our Mods! @devilinthedetails, @Findswoman, @Mira_Jade Thank you so much for all the hard work you do and for your own amazing contributions to fanfic!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  19. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Massive catch-up here, sorry.

Week 6: Make-Ups

Week 3: Genre & Canonicity

Favorite Humor
    "Finding Direction," To Every Thing There is a Season, by @Seldes_Katne
    "HK-47 and the Power of Nonviolent Resistance," Rose's Eleven, by @Findswoman

Favorite Drama
    Sinners Confession by @Mira Grau

Favorite Angst
    The Archivist's Shadow by @Kit'
    "Mistless," Rose's Eleven, by @Findswoman

Favorite Fluff
    "Tea Time," The Shadow's Index, by @Kit'
    Comfort Food by @Raissa Baiard

Favorite Action/Adventure
    Out of the Shadows by @BaconHeadIthorian
    Silver Squadron Standing By! by @Sgt.Matt

Favorite World-Building
    To Every Thing There is a Season by @Seldes_Katne
    Rescue on Ord Mantell by @earlybird-obi-wan

Favorite Alternate Universe
    "Unreliable Allies," To Every Thing There is a Season, by @Seldes_Katne
    "HK-47 and the Power of Nonviolent Resistance," Rose's Eleven, by @Findswoman

Week 4: Fun Categories That Don’t Have a Catchy Group Name

Head-Canon Accepted!
    "'Cause I Don't," Rose's Eleven, by @Findswoman

Favorite Line in a Fic
    "From what I was feeling through the Force at the beginning I was sure that I was going to have to be the first Master in the history of the Temple whose padawan had fallen to the darkside during the act of making tea." - Saelyra in "Tea Time," The Shadow's Index, by @Kit'

Favorite Reviewers
    @earlybird-obi-wan
    @Findswoman
    @Gabri_Jade
    @Kahara

@Kit'
    @earlybird-obi-wan

Favorite Author in Saga
    @BaconHeadIthorian
    @Seldes_Katne

Most Versatile Author
    @Seldes_Katne

--------------

There were lots of times throughout the festival when narrowing my choices down to just two submissions in a category was hard, and I've enjoyed every story I've read on these boards. :)

Many thanks to the hosts for putting this all together! I see from other people's posts that I have a bunch of good stories to catch up on. Congratulations to everyone! =D=

Also, many thanks for the nominations of my own stories in the festival. [face_blush] It's very flattering and very much appreciated. [face_blush]

20. The Golden Yoda

Feb 23, 2017
    Hello again! Just a quick reminder that today is the last day to post your make-up nominations! You have until 11:59pm PST to either post those in this thread or send them via PM to @The Golden Yoda. Keep an eye on this thread for announcements pertaining to the forthcoming index and post-festival feedback. Thank you all for participating and making this year's festival a great experience!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  21. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001

And They Danced by @Gabri_Jade
    [The Phantom of the Opera] “My Spirit Longs With Thee to Rest” by @Mira_Jade
    [L&O: OC] The Ghost of You by @Tarsier

Unclassifiable Classic
    "Star Wars: Revolution" by @cthugha
    He is what? by @earlybird-obi-wan
    "Cry Havoc and Let Slip" by @Mira_Jade
    Anticipating 2 Milestones by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Head-Canon Accepted!
    Everything about Saleucami and its fantastic ladies' craft-making society in Now You're a Home by @Mira_Jade
    -
    For the backstory added to Qymaen/Grievous's early life, a topic that this author always manages to make fascinating! From And If He Shall Be Faithful by @rktho
    -
    The fantastic bits of expanded Dwarven lore in Two Were One by @devilinthedetails
    -
    The thorough and in-depth backstory of Pete and Nick as kids in [Top Gun] Fragmentary by @DaenaBenjen42

Favorite Title
    A World of Strange Wonders by @devilinthedetails
    The Book of Boba's Cat by @gizkaspice
    [A:TLA] A Black Cat at Autumn Festival by @devilinthedetails
    [Penguins of Madagascar] Aries Parries Queries by @pronker

Favorite Line in a Fic
    - from The Ballad of Garazeb -- by Ezra Bridger by @Raissa Baiard
    - from Fathom by @Thumper09

- from 10. Armor from Keepsake Bouquets by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    -from Table Talk by @brodiew

Mononoke by @Nehru_Amidala
    The moment near the beginning where we find out something very surprising about Leia.
    The Rose between the Worlds by @Findswoman
    When we find out what Lua brought back from the portal.
    [L&O: OC] 2022 Drabble Challenge Response by @Tarsier
    The part where Jet gets kidnapped... sort of.
    [A:TLA] I Conquer Ba Sing Se and Other Earth Kingdom Adventures, by @devilinthedetails
    When Azula begins her diary by threatening to burn it if it doesn't cooperate in whatever way diaries can! That's one way to deal with writer's block...[/url]

And They Danced by @Gabri_Jade
    [The Phantom of the Opera] “My Spirit Longs With Thee to Rest” by @Mira_Jade

Unclassifiable Classic
    "Star Wars: Revolution" by @cthugha
    He is what? by @earlybird-obi-wan
    "Cry Havoc and Let Slip" by @Mira_Jade
    Anticipating 2 Milestones by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Head-Canon Accepted!
    Everything about Saleucami and its fantastic ladies' craft-making society in Now You're a Home by @Mira_Jade
    -
    For the backstory added to Qymaen/Grievous's early life, a topic that this author always manages to make fascinating! From And If He Shall Be Faithful by @rktho
    -
    The fantastic bits of expanded Dwarven lore in Two Were One by @devilinthedetails
    -
    The thorough and in-depth backstory of Pete and Nick as kids in [Top Gun] Fragmentary by @DaenaBenjen42

Favorite Title
    A World of Strange Wonders by @devilinthedetails
    The Book of Boba's Cat by @gizkaspice
    [A:TLA] A Black Cat at Autumn Festival by @devilinthedetails
    [Penguins of Madagascar] Aries Parries Queries by @pronker

Favorite Line in a Fic
    - from The Ballad of Garazeb -- by Ezra Bridger by @Raissa Baiard
    - from Fathom by @Thumper09

- from 10. Armor from Keepsake Bouquets by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    -from Table Talk by @brodiew

Mononoke by @Nehru_Amidala
    The moment near the beginning where we find out something very surprising about Leia.
    The Rose between the Worlds by @Findswoman
    When we find out what Lua brought back from the portal.
    [L&O: OC] 2022 Drabble Challenge Response by @Tarsier
    The part where Jet gets kidnapped... sort of.
    [A:TLA] I Conquer Ba Sing Se and Other Earth Kingdom Adventures, by @devilinthedetails
    When Azula begins her diary by threatening to burn it if it doesn't cooperate in whatever way diaries can! That's one way to deal with writer's block...[/url]

22. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Apologies for double-posting, but the rest of the nominations wouldn't show in the same post. Not sure what's going on with that unless it's just a limit on the number of links or something. Anyway, here are the rest of my make-ups for Week 4 and my Week 5 nominations too.

Favorite Action Scene
    Nicco and Veron's duel in The Briar and the Rose by @Kit'
    -
    The ending battle between several main characters and Zaralt in The Beast and the Beauty by @Mira Grau
    -
    The Penguins making a hasty and chaotic exit from their camping spot (nearly a campfire extinguishing fail, 'nough said) in Aries Parries Queries by @pronker

Pull Me Home by @Gabri_Jade
    The resolution at the end for Luke and Mara. [face_love]
    -
    Cargo Hauler by @Thumper09
    Bodhi's decision at the end about whether to take the actions that lead into his role in the events of Rogue One. A sadder one, but a great, well-drawn Finally for sure.
    -
    [Stranger Things] 5 Times Billy Woke Up + 1 Time He Didn't by @amidalachick
    The peaceful romantic ending, after what starts as a much more angsty series of moments.
    -
    When we find out what happens to Malachi regarding the coma he's in due to a mysterious situation at the start.

Crushed That Challenge
    The Secret of the Water Gardens by @Findswoman - for the Something Borrowed, Something New Mod!Challenge
    The Luckiest Man Alive by @UltramassiveUbersue - for Week 20 of the UDC X
    Alright to Keep It Light Now by @amidalachick - for the OTP Challenge #25: Challenge of Challenges! as a noncompetitive entry
    Halcyon Dawn by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha - for the Uncle Iroh Quotes Mini-Challenge

Favorite Reviewers
    @Findswoman
    @Mira_Jade
    @pronker
    @Raissa Baiard

@Findswoman
    @Kit'

Favorite Author in Saga
    @Pandora
    @vader_incarnate

@Mira Grau
    @ViariSkywalker

Favorite Author in NSWFF
    @Mira_Jade
    @devilinthedetails

Favorite New Author
    @SirCarrot

Most Versatile Author
    @Seldes_Katne
    @AzureAngel2

Favorite Story YOU Wrote-

This was a tough one! I also had a great time writing the other short that I finished in 2022, but ultimately just couldn't not pick the Winter Fic-Gift that I wrote for Raissa -- it was such a fun project and I'm really happy with how it turned out. :) So yup, it's going to have to be The Tale of Canderous Ordo and How It Is Past Wren’s Bedtime.

23. The Golden Yoda

Feb 23, 2017
    [​IMG]

ViariSkywalker takes the stage one last time, having changed back into her comfy Cloud City shirt once again. She is joined by her fellow hosts: amidalachick, Kahara, and UltramassiveUbersue…

Well, everyone, it’s time for us to bring the 2022 Favorites of FanFic Festival to a close. We want to say a great big thank you to all of you for attending this event and helping us celebrate our favorite stories, authors, and reviewers of 2022! We had another amazing year of fan fiction, and we’re looking forward to even better things to come in 2023!

As the Festival winds down, please feel free to continue socializing and/or wrangling the various incarnations of your beloved characters in this thread. We will be hard at work getting the final index completed so that you can enjoy reading through the many excellent stories nominated by our community. [face_batting]

Finally, we would also like to keep this thread open for feedback regarding the FoF Festival itself. If you have any comments, suggestions, or other feedback about the Festival (format, length, procedures, categories, social aspects, etc.), please feel free to share! You can post those comments here, or PM them to any of this year’s hosts: @amidalachick, @Kahara, @UltramassiveUbersue, @ViariSkywalker.

Once again, thank you for making this year’s Festival a fun one, and may the Force be with you! [:D]

The four hosts wave to the crowd and walk off stage as the red curtain closes.

[​IMG]

24. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    A huge thank you once again to @amidalachick, @Kahara, @UltramassiveUbersue, and @ViariSkywalker for hosting as well as to @Raissa Baiard for providing extraordinary artwork for us to look at during this amazing festival[:D]

As far as feedback, I really enjoyed having the social thread and the nominations thread combined this year. It added to the fun atmosphere of the event by giving users a chance to flex their creative muscles by writing scripts or sharing cool gifs:cool:

I also really appreciated some of the new categories like "Crushed that Challenge" that celebrated some of the marvelous stories that were inspired by the many awesome challenges hosted on this site!

25. The Golden Yoda

Feb 23, 2017
    The 2022 Favorites of FanFic Index is here!

Be sure to check out all of the amazing stories nominated by our excellent fan fiction community! [face_batting]