main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 23rd Jedi Draft - Play Us Out, Max Rebo.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by heels1785 , Nov 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Maul by himself. Because Talzin would lose. Maybe Ikrit goes rabid and attacks her or something.

I love Jaina. I do. But her win against Jacen was more due to Jacen's bout of crazy and ability to be distracted than it was due to her skill. It was Luke the first time and the danger to Allana the second. Vader at his peak is just too much for anyone save Luke or Yoda. Jaina has never been shown to be stronger than Luke. The books have made that clear even when she was made a member of the council. She's definitely one of the best warriors to be sure, but in terms of power, Luke dwarfs her and Vader does the same. So Vader.

Plagueis

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Bad numbers, bad!

3. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Can I at least have one before we get to teams in the next bout and you kick my ass please? :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Mike Breen: Whoa ho! Some throwdowns there, perhaps reminiscent of the old Malace at the Palace?

Jeff Van Gundy: I don't know Mike, that Maul guy is pretty nasty but I'm not sure we've seen anyone here as unpredictable as Pacers Ron Artest. And Darth Vader vs. Ben Wallace? Would anyone come out alive from that? I'm serious, I'm being serious.

Breen: Well at least no fans got involved, mostly because we're all sitting in some weird floaty thing above the desert here. Speaking of, it's time for the Blue Milk MOISTURE FARM YOUR MOUTHâ„¢ Moment of the Game. Jeff, what you got so far?

Jeff: For me it was definitely the Kol vs. Bulq matchup. I know it wasn't as sexy as Jaina versus--

Breen: Ho ho, okay now.

Jeff: Don't be weird Mike. Like okay maybe she's pretty but we also just watched her die, you don't have to be weird.

*the random dog suddenly appears, another note in its mouth-- this one reading off the final three numbers of 3, 8, 10...minus the awesome bit of poetry*

Inty (2) vs. Furio (5)

Anakin Skywalker vs. Maul TRUMP Talzin (forfeit)
    Mara Jade Skywalker (prepped) vs. Darth Wyyrlok III

Since the forfeit is a given and MJS prepped basically is too, that means this match (and potentially the Finals) comes down to...

Ahsoka "Snips" Tano vs. Savage Oppress

Can Savage save Furio's season and force a Game 3? Can Ahsoka Tano close it out for Inty and allow Anakin to celebrate on his home planet? Will the irony of a pair of Clone Wars Cartoon characters closing out this version of the Jedi Draft be too much, or too perfect? Is that what irony even is, and where is Suzuki_Akira to tell us otherwise?

WE'RE ABOUT TO FIND OUT!!!!!

DarthIntegral Darth_Furio Yodaminch CrazyOldHermit Suzuki_Akira Wang Chi get in here too

5. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Savage has many of the same feats as Ahsoka in terms of people she's battled. Savage killed two Jedi Masters (Adi Gallia and Halsey,) beat Plo Koon (I know he sucks but he's a master) and Ahsoka is no Jedi Master. She's a knight by the end of series. Savage man handled Ventress twice. Once when she was with Obi-Wan and once when she was with Dooku. He choked Obi-Wan and Anakin together which speaks to his Telekinesis ability which I feel is superior to that of Ahsoka. There's also the example of him rag dolling all of Death Watch with TK. Ahsoka is a competent duelist but Pre Vizsla makes her run and he's not a Force user and she runs away from Grievous. I think Savage's physical domination can't be overstated.

6. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Make mine Anakin, Mara and Savage. Rebels Ahsoka would probably wipe the floor with him, but we haven't seen evidence of what she can do as of yet so...

7. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Agreed. Savage vs Adi is why I think he takes out (so far) peak Ahsoka. Without Rebels to judge further, I have to look at how Ahsoka fared against her Clone Wars opponents. And her last appearance basically had her taken out by Barriss.

8. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Mike Breen: Savage spins, releases, and...BANG! Ahsoka is down, the series is tied 1-1!

Jeff Van Gundy: Excellent use of video there Mike. I know you can't use video on a lot of these guys cause they're like book characters or whatever but that was just excellent use of video. I want that kind of video on my team 10 times outta 10. I'm being serious.

Mike: I agree Jeff and it looks like the judges did too.

Jeff: Does that mean we're about to...

Mike: Pretty sure it does.

Jeff: Son of a--

*the crew and audience are instantly teleported again...but only like down the block again, where they hover above more sprawling desert-- with the tiny speck of a hut visible in the west, an interesting cave to the east, and the ruins of land skiffs strewn about a giant hole in the sand...*

[​IMG]

Location: The Great Pit of Carkoon, Tatooine (with some banthas hanging out nearby, let's say)

@DarthIntegral and the Corellian Crew SC (1)

vs.

@Darth_Furio and the Furious Sith Version II (1)

*a drunk but somehow alive Chevy Chase stumbles to the podium, the crowd alternately boos and gasps in horror*

Chevy: numeros! 48!

*Chevy collapses and is carried off by some Jawas, who are never made into juice for any reason ever*

9. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    This is great because my name is Mike :p

Jedi Knight Fett and KenKenobi like this.
  10. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    23 drafts....about to come to an end. I don't know what to say.
    There's so much going through my mind since I got my message from KenKenobi last night about the ending of the draft.

I can't remember when I started these exactly, but it was well over 10 years ago....I think it was closer to 12-13 years ago that I was sitting
    on the toilet or in the shower (can't remember which) thinking it would be fun to do this game I had in my mind.

I never thought it would go this long and become so advanced, but that's a good thing!
    I'm still a bit shocked that I never received colors or a high five by the admins or anything for bringing this OR the Jedi Trials game
    to the TFN. ;)

I am pleased, however, that George Lucas created a character named after me...a Horax...check it out on Wookiepedia.
    I was the original Horax LONG before that creature came out...and I am humbled by his gesture.

I am happy that Chevy Chase is back! he was the original host and has always been the best host we've ever had. He was great, and even
    though he appears to be drunk right now, I await his next antics with bated breath!

Play on Jedi Draft, play on!

A few other thoughts.

I see that our first draft was in 2003. Weird.
    I had been married for one year, my first son was born in August of 2003 as well.
    I was making x amount of money at our local county government and had a bachelors degree.

Now I have four children. They are 12, 10, 5, and 1 month old. I have a masters degree, and am
    working for Oracle making 2x+ amount of money. I have been married for 13.5 years and still going strong.

There have been 3 presidential elections, 2 presidents, several wars, and quite a few new horizons in reference to SW.

The post-quels are coming out, the EU is being revamped, Disney now owns it, GL is basically out of the spotlight,
    and there are cartoons like crazy! We never got our live action TV show, though.

I have learned to play the guitar in that timeframe and have been a part of many bands. Life has changed.
    However, one thing that has always remained the same was the love of SW that has since been passed to
    ALL of my children. It is good to know that will live on well after I am gone.

I am proud to have been a part of it's history, no matter how small it might have been.

11. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    I'm happy to at least be at the end of it. But like Bardan said it doesn't have to be the end.

DarkEagle and Darth_Furio like this.
  12. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    and the draft seems to be slower than it used to be. ;)

KenKenobi likes this.
  13. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
  14. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    *the crowd goes wild at Darth-Horax's rousing speech, waking a drunk Chevy*

Chevy: Was that for me?! They love me, they really love me!

*Chevy stumbles up to the podium and attempts to wrestle the mic from Darth-Horax...when suddenly a Horax leaps out of the sand and knocks Chevy off the stage, high into the air, then crashing back down toward the hungry mouth of the Sarlacc...

..before the Boon Dog catches him in its mouth and tosses him back up into the Jawas' arms-- as the crowd cheers again*

Chevy: (thinking it's for him) I...I call it...THE ARISTOCRATS!

*Chevy passes out, and the crowd re-focuses*

DUNNNNN, DUN-DUN-DUN-DUNNNNNNN!!!!!

[​IMG]

Mike Breen: We welcome you to the Northern Dune Sea, Tatooine, for the culmination of the 23rd (annual?) Jedi Draft! The fans above the sand-- and across the galaxy-- anxiously await this third, final, and decisive game to witness a champion be crowned, a crazy season draw to a close...and the end of this game as we currently know it. Can Inty top off a storied commish career with a title, or will Furio's exclamation point on a rampaging revenge tour make the Corellian Crew SC the closest thing to Cleveland since the SecondBest years?

Mike Breen along with Jeff Van Gundy, and Jeff...who do you think has the advantage here tonight?

Jeff Van Gundy: Can I pick the dog? I mean that was amazing Mike.

Mike: Haha I don't think the dog is really playing Jeff.

Jeff: So we're just gonna ignore that? We're just gonna ignore that a creature jumped out of the desert and almost killed Chevy Chase until a dog-- which also is kind of MCing us at this point let's be real-- saved his life? I mean I'm in agreement with the fans here Mike, I'm not really about Chevy, but come on. That was amazing. That dog deserves a medal. Make it out of hot dogs or something. I'm serious, I'm being serious.

Mike: Hoho, okay there Jeff. Speaking of the dog, here comes the big hero now with our first set of numbers...

*the Boon Dog approaches the podium, barks triumphantly to a standing ovation, and proudly displays the numbers on its paper...3, 2, 8, 1*

@DarthIntegral vs. @Darth_Furio

Kol Skywalker vs. Darth Bane
    Ikrit & Tahiri TRUMPED with Zekk vs. Savage Opress
    Jax Pavan vs. Sora Bulq
    Mara Jade Skywalker (prepped) vs. Gethzerion

This is it. Args, judgments, laughter, crying. Bring it all.

CrazyOldHermit Yodaminch Jozy_Oguchi

Also numbers are random.org-ed, but pretty crazy/fitting we started with a variation on 1138. Unless ya know I'm thinking way too into it cause it's like super late and I should go to bed, EITHER WAY.

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Bane, MJS, and Bulq seem fairly obvious. Not a great start.

My trump, with their superior cohesion, can take this from Savage. yes, he's got some good feats. So does Zekk. Zekk can hold him and make it a battle. tahiri and Ikrit make it much more compelling, and I think tip the odds in my favor. No time for specific feats, but if you want those, I can try to get them up tomorrow.

16. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Bane, zekk and opress, bulq, and mara jade, IMO.

I just can't vote for a rabbit.

17. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    Bane, Bulq and Mara. The other one needs an arg. Leaning Savage.

18. Cunning_Stunt

Cunning_Stunt Jedi Master star 1

Aug 22, 2011
    Horry and Ken! Reminds me when I was a wee young lad, where Plo Koon and Eeth Koth were second round picks.

Ahh, the memories.

19. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    I remember those good old days Cunning_Stunt....I 've seen it all.
    I still can't buy into the argument that Obi-Wan would lose to Vader.

Obi destroyed Vader while a young Sith, and the only time old man Vader beat Obi was when
    Obi sacrificed himself for Luke's whiney little butt.

20. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    I was pretty clear with Savage in my last arguments and Trumps like Obi-Wan/Anakin, Tyranus/Ventress, that have faced Savage couldn't kill him. Double-sabre helps Savage contain the trump too. Tahiri doesn't impress me and the rabbit said on numerous occasions he wasn't a warrior. Zekk has feats yes, but he's another person that is damaged goods mentally like Tahiri. This trump is essentially two low round picks against a solid mid round guy with awesome feats.

21. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I remember when I ruled the Sith Trials and pwnd the Jedi Trials. :p

Loved all the drafts, Jedi...Star Fighter, Comic, etc, etc.

Great game Horax, much happiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth_Furio likes this.
  22. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Darth Bane
    Savage Oppress- It's the fact that it really comes down to Tahiri. Ikrit's just never shown to do that much when it comes to fighting and Zekk...isn't that good. Tahiri would probably get the Adi Gallia treatment while the other two lie smoking on the ground. Mindless beast Savage for the win.
    Sora Bulq
    Mara Jade Skywalker (prepped)

23. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    Make mine Savage.

24. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    when did the 24 hour rule change? ;)

25. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    lol sorry I've been more swamped than Yoda this week peeps, update tomorrow!

Horax you can have Chevy return in the meantime if you want... [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.