main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 26th Jedi Draft - Congratulations to our victor, KenKenobi!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth_Furio , Jan 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Finals - Game 2 - Round 2 - Final Results

Ken leads series (1-0)

@Wang Chi (2) vs. @KenKenobi (4)

1. Aryn Leneer/Ven Zallow *prepared* vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    6. Ganner Rhysode trumped with Dark Woman and Ben Solo vs. Luminara Unduli/Bariss Offee
    8. Celeste Morne trumped with Ferus Olin and Cade Skywalker (FORFEIT) vs. Darth Krayt

3rd place - Game 2 - Round 2 - Final Results

Jordan leads series (1-0)

@Jordan1Kenobi (3) vs. @DarthIntegral (3)

1. Kit Fisto / Aayla Secura vs. Desann/Tavion TRUMP Sion and Shak'Weth
    6. Shaak Ti vs. Alema Rar TRUMP Lomi Plo
    8. Maris Brood / Saesee Tiin / Adi Gallia (trump) vs. Darth Vader

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Finals - Game 2 - Round 3

Ken wins series (2-0)

@Wang Chi (2) vs. @KenKenobi (8)

2. Ben Solo trumped with Ganner Rhysode and Dark Woman (FORFEIT) vs. Anakin Skywalker
    4. Cade Skywalker trumped with Celeste Morne and Ferus Olin (FORFEIT) vs. X2 (prep)
    5. Joruus C'baoth trumped with Vaylin (FORFEIT) vs. Quinlan Vos
    7. Dark Woman trumped with Ben Solo and Ganner Rhysode (FORFEIT) vs. Xesh

3rd place - Game 2 - Round 3

Jordan wins series (2-0)

@Jordan1Kenobi (6) vs. @DarthIntegral (3) - 1- Draw

2. Ahsoka Tano vs. Sion TRUMP Desann/Tavion and Shaq (FORFEIT)
    4. Saesee Tiin / Adi Gallia / Maris Brood (trump) (FORFEIT) vs. Savage Opress TRUMP Darth Maul (FOREIT)
    5. Kanan Jarrus / Ezra Bridger (prep) vs. Lomi TRUMP Alema (FORFEIT)
    7. Mace Windu vs. Shek'Weth TRUMP Desann/Tavion and Darth Sion (FORFEIT)

As you all can see [​IMG]

____________________________________________________________________________________
    Congrats to @KenKenobi Our 2020 Champion!

[​IMG]

Just so you know there will be a recount and the results should be ready in December....:p

Congrats to @Wang Chi for his second place and Obviously @Jordan1Kenobi for his third place win.

Again, Thank you all for putting up with me and the way this dragged out. I appreciate the effort and as always this game is truly what the GMs make it, and this game has some of the best GMs. Ken, that was one of the best teams we've ever seen I think. Wang, your tenacity is always appreciated. Jordan, going the PT Jedi route was gutsy and I wouldn't recommend it again. :p

I hope we do it again.

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Thanks, @Darth_Furio! This was probably the best draft I’ve been part of. Great players, great teams, and the highest I’ve placed.

Congrats to Ken and Wang for making it to the finals, and to Integral for being a great competitor in the third place battle. It was only right that a team with Plo Koon beat you.

Really looking forward to the next one!

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    [​IMG]

4. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Never imagined when we started in Jan that there'd be...a goddamn global pandemic.

As someone exclusively WFH during it, I can't quanitfy how great this Jedi Draft's been to my mental health. Not only did it introduce new material to go through-- it also helped pass major time with args.

And it's not a stretch to say this is my fave draft ever for args, between things like...

The Yoda-Kenobi throwdown w/ @Yodaminch (an all-timer)
    Rap battles about Desann
    Palps hitting himself with friendly fire
    Jedi Draft Hamilton
    Baby Yoda trumped with Luke
    The Mailbag vs. @DarthIntegral

Speaking of Inty...7 rings were represented in this draft between him/@Wang Chi/@DarkEagle/me. I'm acutely aware of how good y'all are, and it was an honor to have an Ohio Battle of the Heroes and then face the winningest GM ever in a farewell Finals.

I'd also be lying if I didn't want to be the first to crack 3...

[​IMG]

We all still chasing LeBron though.

Shoutout also to: @Jordan1Kenobi pressing the bounds of how many dudes can be on one team; @heels1785 for pulling the trigger on Baby Yoda; @BookExogorth for studying old drafts and Kamino-cloning DE's old team; @RX_Sith for choosing the "Reyvenge of the Sith" name AND SOMEHOW GETTING REY TRUMPED WITH ALL THE JEDI; @Emperor Ferus for not actually drafting Ferus and confusing everyone; @Jedi Knight Fett for upping all our like counts; and @DarthTunick for truly winning the title.

Major thanks to @Darth_Furio, who weathered a million personal huddles to manage everything, and @Point Given and @cubman987 for dedicating time & energy I know can be precious right now.

Also loved that peeps like @Darth-Horax, @EMPEROR_WINDU, @Lenea_Sandstrider, @Cunning_Stunt, and @ma_petite all popped in. We got ****ing old fam. But the magic of an opening crawl, of cracking open a Star Wars book, and of contemplating who would win between a trump of forty PT Jedi vs. a dude with a name matching an X-men movie...that never does.

And I hope to never get too old to shoot the **** with you all, here or elsewhere.

One final note: In addition to Inty losing to Plo Koon...

2020 is so crazy that KenKenobi just made Thon a champion.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Congratulations @KenKenobi on your victory! You'll be receiving a PM shortly (after I drop the kids off at school :p ) regarding your prize!

6. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    That was a fun draft. I still say Leia could have taken those four at Yavin but otherwise it was a good match.

I really enjoyed having this draft to keep me sane during the quarantine. And definitely enjoyed sparring with Ken regarding our matches. It's always fun when you actually can argue and get some decent counters and parries and general pushback. When you have no opponent to argue with, the game loses its' magic.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  7. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Thanks @KenKenobi Well Said.

@Bardan_Jusik I guess we can lock it up.

Thanks again all. One Love and remember

#BenSoloDeservedBetter

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.