main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 26th Jedi Draft - Congratulations to our victor, KenKenobi!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth_Furio , Jan 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Did you ever get TOR to run on Bootcamp, Wang?

That is a very weird sentence outside of this specific thread.

Wang Chi likes this.
  2. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    My man

Wang Chi likes this.
  3. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I was considering it, but I realized I was a little too busy to really dedicate the time something like that. Then the whole world took a hard left on 4th and Bananas and I was definitely too busy. What little time I have for games these days is dedicated to making my backlog disappear.

I'm actually planning on treating myself to a new setup around holiday time and ditching the Mac, as well as taking a loooong vacation. I'll probably get some quality time with the game then.

Darth_Furio and KenKenobi like this.
  4. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    It's on Steam now too FYI.

But in that case if I have to blow out Jadus in an arg, I'll strategically spoiler tag since Imperial Agent is easily best of the class stories.

Def play through a class or two before any expansions, b/c they def made those similar to Mass Effect 2 where peeps from your past can pop up in fun ways (like when you discover Garrus is Archangel, aka one of the best things ever).

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    Wang Chi and Darth_Furio like this.
  5. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Mass Effect [face_love]

I'll judge tomorrow. Have a safe rest of the weekend all.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  6. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    New artbook announced this week has peeps chattering about a remaster, but hoping for a true Mass Effect 5 on next-gen...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    Darth_Furio likes this.
  7. Wang Chi

Mar 3, 2013
    I'm already semi-spoiled on the Sith Inquisitor storyline since I definitely looked into Jadus as a final pick option. But nothing super detailed. Definitely looking forward to that one.

8. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    That's Imperial Agent not SI, unless you meant Thanaton (sneakily hidden on the list as Teneb Kel).

Or Tulak Hord, who (minor spoiler) finally gets more substance than just Kreia McLiarFace calling him the best duelist lol :p

SithOverlord101 likes this.
  9. Wang Chi

Mar 3, 2013
    Yeah, that's the one. Liked what I saw from him, but ultimately went Ferus. Looked at him again to replace Corran, but then decided on ol' Joruus.

10. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Playoffs Round One

Match 2

@Jordan1Kenobi (2) vs. @Yodaminch (1)

3. Mace Windu vs. K’Kruhk trumped with Wolf Sazen/Shado Vao
    7. Galen Marek vs. Sigel Dare trumped with Treis Sinde (FORFEIT)
    10. Ahsoka Tano vs. Wolf Sazen/Shado Vao trumped with K’kruhk (FORFEIT)

@BookExogorth (2) vs. @Wang Chi (1)

3. Darth Zannah (PREP) vs. Jacen Solo
    7. Darth Bane vs. Vaylin - I went back and forth on this actually and both of these two have big power levels that match with the better dark side characters. However, given that video game powers are exaggerated in a few cases over other mediums, I don't think Vaylin can beat Bane straight up. Bane is can be brute, but he's been shown to be thoughtful and meticulous when need be. It's close but he out lasts her.
    10. Kar Vastor vs. Ben Solo

@KenKenobi (2) vs. @Emperor Ferus (1)

3. Quinlan Vos vs. Ben Skywalker
    7. Depa Bilaba/Thon (PREP) vs. Supreme Leader Snoke
    10. Anakin Skywalker vs. Kenth Hamner

@DarthIntegral (1) vs. @DarkEagle (2)

3. Alema Rar TRUMPED Lomi Plo vs. Revan
    7. Darth Vader vs. Jaden Korr (PREP)
    10. Lomi Plo TRUMPED Alema Rar (FORFEIT) vs. Nomi Sunrider/Oppo Rancissis

@Point Given @cubman987

11. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    FWIW I agree as well. Minch had me questioning the Windu/trump match up and the Bane/Vaylin one I was back and forth on as well.

13. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Playoffs Round One

Match 2 Final Results

@Jordan1Kenobi (5) vs. @Yodaminch (1)

3. Mace Windu vs. K’Kruhk trumped with Wolf Sazen/Shado Vao
    7. Galen Marek vs. Sigel Dare trumped with Treis Sinde (FORFEIT)
    10. Ahsoka Tano vs. Wolf Sazen/Shado Vao trumped with K’kruhk (FORFEIT)

@BookExogorth (3) vs. @Wang Chi (3)

3. Darth Zannah (PREP) vs. Jacen Solo
    7. Darth Bane vs. Vaylin
    10. Kar Vastor vs. Ben Solo

@KenKenobi (5) vs. @Emperor Ferus (1)

3. Quinlan Vos vs. Ben Skywalker
    7. Depa Bilaba/Thon (PREP) vs. Supreme Leader Snoke
    10. Anakin Skywalker vs. Kenth Hamner

@DarthIntegral (2) vs. @DarkEagle (4)

3. Alema Rar TRUMPED Lomi Plo vs. Revan
    7. Darth Vader vs. Jaden Korr (PREP)
    10. Lomi Plo TRUMPED Alema Rar (FORFEIT) vs. Nomi Sunrider/Oppo Rancissis

_____________________________________________________________________________
    Playoffs Round One

Match 3

1. Kit Fisto / Aayla Secura vs. Satele Shan
    4. Maris Brood trumped with Agen Kolar / Eeth Koth vs. Antares Draco/Ganner Krieg
    6. Ki-Adi-Mundi / Plo Koon trumped with Adi Gallia / Saesee Tiin vs. Leia Organa Solo (prepared)
    8. Adi Gallia / Saesee Tiin trumped with Ki-Adi-Mundi / Plo Koon (FORFEIT) vs. Yoda

1. Lords Kaan and Kas'im vs. Celeste Morne *prepared*
    4. Darth Maladi vs. Joruus C'baoth
    6. Lord Nyax vs. Cade Skywalker
    8. Darths Talon and Darth Nihl vs. Aryn Leneer/Ven Zallow

@KenKenobi vs. @Emperor Ferus

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Vitiate
    4. Luminara Unduli/Barriss Offee vs. Tahiri Velia/Ikrit
    6. Xesh vs. Darth Wyyyrlok
    8. Darth Jadus/Darth Nyriss vs. Marasiah Fel

@DarthIntegral vs. @DarkEagle

1. Savage Opress vs. Senya Tirall + Lana Beniko
    4. Lumiya (prep) vs. Anakin Solo
    6. Darth Malak vs. Kerra Holt
    8. Desann/Tavion vs. Arcann

Jedi Knight Fett and KenKenobi like this.
  14. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    The Zabrak trio is a forfeit. So Ganner/Draco take that.

Satele should take out the trump.

Now as to Leia vs the foursome. Location advantage goes to Leia- you are literally fighting her on Yavin IV in the temple that doubled as a Rebel base and was then her brother's academy. Few people know that location as well as she does. Power levels go to Leia- none of these four have done things on Leia's level. Even skill goes to Leia- Adi got impaled by Savage, Plo Koon got blown up, Saesee got stabbed fast by Palps, and Ki-Adi got shot. These four don't exactly have the quickest reaction times. This is just a divide and conquer.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  15. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    [​IMG]

16. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Sadly Kit and Aayla get sliced by Satele. But I really don’t see Leia being able to take down four seasoned Clone Wars Jedi. Maybe one or two, but not four. Saying they all died in dumb ways is fine and all, but you can’t ignore that they do have some impressive feats. For example, I could say Sidious got thrown off a walkway, Maul got sliced in a second, Vader got hit with lightning, and Grievous got shot, and ignore everything else they’ve done too.

If this were against four Jedi like Yarael Poof, Yaddle, Coleman Trebor and Pablo-Jill, then sure, Leia wins cause they’ve done nothing, but my four actually have enough feats and shown enough power and skill to secure a win.

Mundi has actually shown incredible stamina, power and reflexes, especially during his duel with Grievous, fighting him over an extended period and being the last one standing. While exhausted and mid-duel, Mundi even manages to throw a Force push so powerful than it leaves a crater behind. Grievous is fast enough to dodge this, but Leia? Maybe. As we all know, Grievous was one of the most impressive villains during his time, killing and defeating many Jedi. Mundi was out of his league, but still did enough to call it an impressive feat. He did however stalemate with Ventress. Heck, without Leia having prep, I could probably argue that Mundi could take her alone, but there’s still three other Jedi Masters involved.

Tiin, Adi and Plo have taken on enough high end opponents between them to show they’d do almost as much damage as Mundi. Grievous, Ventress, and Savage are the best they’ve fought. Did they lose their duels? Sometimes, yes. Sometimes they stalemated them. But all three of those villains are definitely above Leia, especially in the strength and speed departments.

Savage was shown to be able to overpower Obi-Wan, Anakin, Dooku, and Ventress at times, so I’d saying Adi dying by his hands definitely isn’t the worst way to go out. She was keeping up with him skill wise, but lost when she tried to take him on physically, which is something that even Obi-Wan struggled to do.

Tiin adds more power with the Force to the group than anyone else. If there’s ships or machinery sitting around in the temple, then that’s definitely something he could launch at Leia. He’s also physically stronger than anyone else here, and if he managed to engage her in hand-to-hand combat, then it’d probably be over. The same goes for Mundi, who has shown to be very adept at physical combat. With Leia having to try and hold off four Jedi at once, I can see a hand-to-hand situation being very easy to achieve.

I can’t really say the opponents that Leia has fought and beaten are all too impressive. So how can we know that Leia would be able to take on seasoned Jedi Masters? Four of them at once that is. Has she taken on multiple Force users at once before? Sorry, I just don’t see it happening. Knowing the location is good and all, but it’s a pretty big building with lots of open spaces, so I don’t see it changing much.

17. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    @Darth_Furio might want to double check some things, looks like you're missing a few forfeits [face_peace]

Darth_Furio likes this.
  18. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    First, you overestimate these 4.

Seriously.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Okay. These aren't exactly grand deaths. They go out like punks. Each and every one. And in the case of Adi Gallia, she has the extra indignity of dying twice by being impaled- the first being by Grievous.

[​IMG]

So, no I don't think these four stand a chance against the daughter of Anakin Skywalker and the sister to Luke Skywalker. Not by a longshot. And not when she is prepared for them and they are LITERALLY in her house.

[​IMG]
    The Face you make when you're about to take out four prequel jedi.

So yeah, it's a rebel base. And she has prep. And it's not like she was only there when she was on Yavin in ANH. She was there many, many times as part of Luke's academy, as Chief of State, dropping her kids off. She helped fight off Exar Kun in this temple.

This is literally like if she were fighting these 4 in the Jedi Temple of Coruscant. Home court advantage is hers.

Second, there is not a single feat the above 4 have that compares with Leia's. And that goes for both Legends Leia and Sequel Trilogy Leia.

[​IMG]

Plo Koon gets blown up. He dies. Leia gets blown up. She pulls herself back into the ship and is later up and around in a matter of hours. And then proceeds to fight to her last breath:

[​IMG]

^ After getting blown up only hours earlier. No 'low stamina' for her.

Meanwhile, Adi gets stunned and impaled by Savage and Saesee can't even manage to parry ONE blow from Palpatine. So we really want to talk about reflexes? Those two are down and out before they can even get going. And that's just what their own showing give us.

That leaves Plo Koon and Ki-Adi.

And what do we know about the Kel Dor? Well, how about the fact they wear a mask to survive in an oxygen rich environment? Are you telling me a woman who pulled off that force pull and who has done more than that in Legends, can't find a way to damage that mask knowing that she has the prep to do it? Not to mention there isn't much of anything with Plo Koon's dueling skill. He takes on mostly mercenaries. So really, Leia's duels with Alema Rar and random sith? Still much more impressive. Hell, Tahiri probably put up a bigger fight.

And then there was one. Ki-Adi Mundi. And here's the thing, the best thing you can say about him is that he stayed alive against Greivous until the troopers rescued him. Leia on the other hand? She's spent her prime years fighting dark jedi, mercenaries and sith on a weekly basis. Ki-Adi gets knocked down by a surprise attack by clones? Leia takes out mercenaries by the bundle in most of Denning's books. The belief that Mundi can take an unprepared Leia alone is frankly laughable given his track record in comparison to hers. Even when she was just starting out, she was better than Ki-Adi at his peak. Of the four on this trump, only one (Saesee) went against Palpatine. He never even landed a hit. Leia did.

Frankly, the Yuuhzan Vong warriors were more dangerous than these 4 jedi. All 4 would have had their rears handed to them in their first fight. Leia has a wealth of better training. She is BY FAR a better warrior- she's literally been at war since her twenties - not sitting in a comfortable chair and then being thrown into leading a war effort (And failing). She had better training. You might argue Ki-Adi was trained by Yoda. Okay. Leia was trained by Luke- who was trained by Yoda and Obi-Wan. Leia was also trained by Saba. And Saba taught her to be ruthless. Not to mention she's a better strategist then any of these four and was given the best training Bail Organa could afford. And the prep gives her the time to plan for it.

Here's the issue. We've already seen what happens when 4 prequel jedi try to take down a powerful force user. It didn't end well for them. Just ask Saesee. And Ki-Adi Mundi is no Mace Windu. And the books describe Leia's fast reflexes. Just like her brother. Just like her father. We know she's an expert marksman. And we know she knows how to use explosives. And all of these things are weapons she uses multiple times over the years so with prep, not a surprise if she utilized them. And then with a saber, she has fought Sith. She has dueled one on one and she has dueled multiple large groups. And she's come out on top. None of these four can say that. They may be four jedi masters, but they are far less powerful than Leia at her peak.

If Mace can knock out K'Kruhk, Wolf and Shado without breaking a sweat, the idea that Leia can't take out these 4 punks should not be discounted. Especially when she has the added bonus of prep and location.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    BookExogorth likes this.
  19. Wang Chi

Mar 3, 2013
    Hate to burst Shaq's bubble, but Kenobi vs. Vitiate isn't quite new. Happened last time around. Still a super fun match, but not the first time.

Anyhoo, I'll see what I can do about carving out some time for these. Monday, maybe Tuesday.

KenKenobi likes this.
  20. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Apologies, there was a forfeit in Jordan's and Dark Eagle's battles.

Playoffs Round One

Match 3

4. Maris Brood trumped with Agen Kolar / Eeth Koth (FORFEIT) vs. Antares Draco/Ganner Krieg
    6. Ki-Adi-Mundi / Plo Koon trumped with Adi Gallia / Saesee Tiin vs. Leia Organa Solo (prepared)
    8. Adi Gallia / Saesee Tiin trumped with Ki-Adi-Mundi / Plo Koon (FORFEIT) vs. Yoda

@KenKenobi vs. @Emperor Ferus

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Vitiate

@DarthIntegral vs. @DarkEagle

1. Savage Opress vs. Senya Tirall + Lana Beniko (FORFEIT)

21. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Judges - I've put up arguments for Desann/Tavion and Malak before. I think they both take their matches here. Let me know if you want anything else. I'm time crunched, but i can get something up.

Similarly, prepared Lumiya is going to defeat younger Anakin, but let me know if an argument helps.

22. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    I was with you until you said Desann/Tavion take Arcann [face_hypnotized]

23. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Playoffs Round One

Match 3

4. Maris Brood trumped with Agen Kolar / Eeth Koth (FORFEIT) vs. Antares Draco/Ganner Krieg
    6. Ki-Adi-Mundi / Plo Koon trumped with Adi Gallia / Saesee Tiin vs. Leia Organa Solo (prepared) I know Leia is a great prep, but these are four Jedi Masters. The numbers are just against her here.

@KenKenobi (5) vs. @Emperor Ferus (1)

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Vitiate Based ion last year's battle between Wang Chi and cubs.

@DarthIntegral (2) vs. @DarkEagle (4)

1. Savage Opress vs. Senya Tirall + Lana Beniko (FORFEIT)

@Point Given @cubman987

24. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    4 masters who died stupid deaths because they weren’t used to fighting sith and spent roughly 30 years of their lives sheltered in a Temple or sitting in meetings. Compared to one Jedi Master who has been fighting since the day she was born...

Just saying... Leia isn’t limited to just her jedi training. She’s every bit the General they are (and a better one too)

Again, if Mace can take out 3 jedi (who have also fought more than he has and have more kills) unprepared without question, then I simply ask that we look more at Leia with prep in a location that favors her.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  25. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I'll judge tomorrow, could go either way on a couple of matches so I want to make sure I do it right.

cubman987 and KenKenobi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.