main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 26th SWC/EUC Starfighter Draft: The Last Rogues; Congratulations to DarkEagle, our Champion!!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Point Given , Nov 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    Oops, missed this one!

I’ve always been a fan of Salm, so voting him. Similar reasons as above, I think his experience far outweighs Aril’s natural talent that we really don’t get to see a lot of in the books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Next is #5, #1, and #10!

Awesome Air Force Patches (1) vs Han and Hera's Heroes (2)

#5. Keyan Farlander vs Mace Windu
    #1. Bror Jace vs Asajj Ventress - Arguments? @Darth_Furio @Jordan1Kenobi
    #10. Gavin Darklighter vs Lando Calrissian - :(

A Box of Scraps
    (2) vs Thanos Snapped Away the Good Pilots on this Squadron (1)

#5. Syal Antilles vs Voort "Piggy" saBinring
    #1. Shara Bey TRUMPED with L'ulo L'ampar vs Garik "Face" Loran TRUMPED with Lara Notsil - Arguments? Slight lean to Sequel Trump but I also really like Face soooo...
    #10. Pash Cracken vs Wes Janson - ARGUMENTS @DarkEagle , @SithOverlord101

Turbocanon Squadron
    (1) vs Twin Sons Squadron (2)

#5. Jango Fett TRUMPED with Boba Fett vs Plo Koon - Arguments? @Blackhole E Snoke @DarthIntegral
    #1. Grand Inquisitor vs Poe Dameron
    #10. Fenn Rau vs Nym - Leaning Mets but open to arguments

FELowship of Sebatyne (2) vs Pander Squadron (1)

#5. Gunn Yage TRUMPED with Maarek Stele vs Corran Horn - Ooh. Had it been a straight up fight I would've leaned Stele but asked for arguments. But with another pilot there, I'll go Trump straight up (but not in 2020)
    #1. Turr Phennir vs Jek Porkins TRUMPED with Kell Tainer (FORFEIT)
    #10. Lowbacca TRUMPED with Tesar Sebatyne vs Jaina Solo - Oooooouuchhhh

@KenKenobi @ma_petite

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2019
  3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I should be at 2-1 right now, not the other way around.

4. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Whoops! @Bardan_Jusik, can you fix that? (Having Han and Hera's Heroes over Awesome Air Force Patches 2-1)

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  5. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Seeing as my last argument has been my onIy successful one so far, I will need to wait until the next time I get home drunk again to write my new arguments.8-}I wonder what they will be based on this time?

6. SithOverlord101

SithOverlord101 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2018
    Janson had more experience than Pash -- both served as Rogues, but Wes also has experience piloting in the Adumar campaign, Yuuzhan Vong War, and 2nd GCW. Add on the Wraith Squadron experience, and Wes wins easily.

Regarding the Trump Battle: Both members of DE's trump died in Canon -- neither member of my trump died in Legends. Thus, I win.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Lightning flashes as three pilots are pulled into battle

Boba Fett looks to his left to see his wing mate.

"It can't be", the often-killed but never-stays-dead overhyped and overrated Bounty Hunter thinks to himself "... dad?"

Suddenly, the younger Fett's mind flashes back to his time as a young boy, watching his father's head be severed from his body. His eyes well up with tears, he remembers watching the lightsaber cut clean through, clutching the helmet, swearing to revenge. The feeling of loss, of anger, of hurt, of sadness - every emotion he's ever felt.

And then he feels something else. not quite an emotion ... more a fireball. Because he forgot to ****ing pay attention to the pilot involved and was lost in his own mind and memories, and Plo Koon took the open shot, landing a direct hit on the Bounty Hunter, sending his ship up in flames and the Mandalorian crashing to the earth.

now, with a 1x1 battle, Plo - who doesn't suck here - takes on Jango Fett in a match where the elder Mandalorian simply has no choice but to become "a simple man making his way to a crash landing somewhere in the universe"

QED

8. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    @SithOverlord101's feats this past semester:
    1. Is in 1st Place of the TFN Starfighter Draft (at least for now)
    2. Has graduated from a pretty tough college with a 3.55 GPA for his final semester and a 3.08 GPA overall (BA in History) while taking sixteen credit hours
    3. Is literal proof that qualifying for TFN draft playoffs is not necessarily correlated with a drop in GPA (in fact, I had my two BEST semesters after joining TFN this past September)
    Conclusion from all this: @SithOverlord101 should be voted for in all three of his most recent matches -- Piggy has more experience than Syal (Wraith Squadron and a bit of piloting in Mercy Kill); both other matches are addressed previously.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  9. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Well dang. Give me 6 months or so to re-enroll in college so I can take a shot at winning this arg :p

10. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    I'll give you the auto-win if you enroll at the University of Georgia, and start rooting for their teams :)

SithOverlord101 likes this.
  11. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    *The Ohio State University for me

Also I'll judge tonight pending anyone reaching out to their Admissions Office

12. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    [face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick]
    No.

(Yeah there's 39)

Lulo + Shara v Face + Lara
    Yeah so Lara's basically useless right? Super short career, low cohesion with Face. My guys both have Endor to their credit (in the same squadron). Lulo's got ages of experience (and even has a sweet maneuver named for him); Shara doesn't have near as much experience (still a good bit though) but earned some good accolades early in her career (triple ace, Bronze Nova). Plus they have a good history of being friends and squad mates so the cohesion boost is there. Maybe something like Face + Kell could get them, but Face + Lara? Nah

Not sure I'll be able to get anything for Pash v Wes soon (I've been crazy busy lately). I'm sure there's some good args in early drafts though [face_whistling]

13. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    @DarkEagle Lara IS an ace -- she shouldn't be underestimated. She may be the weakest pilot here, but Face obviously has some trust in her -- otherwise, why would he have commed her to pick up and transport the revived Wraith Squadron in Mercy Kill?

14. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Jumping in...

Farlander over Windu-- I love Mace though. Argue him.
    Ventress over Jace-- Bror is Broring (seewhatIdidthere) whereas Asajj credibly dogfought Anakin.
    Gavin over Lando-- But maybe not after RoS! lol

Syal over Piggy
    Shara/L'ulo over Face/Fake Lara-- No disrespect to Face, who continues to be a blast (literally) through the NJO, but L'ulo is pretty damn good and I like Shara with him.
    Janson over Pash-- Janson has a better GPA

Plo over the Fetts-- This should forever be known as The Draft Where Inty Says Plo Koon Doesn't Suck
    Poe over GI
    New York Mets over Fenn-- Again Nym is a poor man's Azzameen, and while I like that Fenn has taking out Hera on his resume, she was moreso just chilling there to protect Sabine vs. dogfighting when he nabbed her. Going with the career here.

Stele/Gunn over Corran-- You trumped Stele and it worked lmao
    Phennir via forfeit
    Jaina over Lowie/Tesar-- Oh man.

15. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Confirming picks

Awesome Air Force Patches (1) vs Han and Hera's Heroes (2)

#5. Keyan Farlander vs Mace Windu
    #1. Bror Jace vs Asajj Ventress -
    #10. Gavin Darklighter vs Lando Calrissian -

A Box of Scraps
    (2) vs Thanos Snapped Away the Good Pilots on this Squadron (1)

#5. Syal Antilles vs Voort "Piggy" saBinring
    #1. Shara Bey TRUMPED with L'ulo L'ampar vs Garik "Face" Loran TRUMPED with Lara Notsil -
    #10. Pash Cracken vs Wes Janson

Turbocanon Squadron
    (1) vs Twin Sons Squadron (2)

#5. Jango Fett TRUMPED with Boba Fett vs Plo Koon
    #1. Grand Inquisitor vs Poe Dameron
    #10. Fenn Rau vs Nym

FELowship of Sebatyne (2) vs Pander Squadron (1)

#5. Gunn Yage TRUMPED with Maarek Stele vs Corran Horn
    #1. Turr Phennir vs Jek Porkins TRUMPED with Kell Tainer (FORFEIT)
    #10. Lowbacca TRUMPED with Tesar Sebatyne vs Jaina Solo

@ma_petite to break the ties for Pash v Janson and Fett Trump v Plo

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    One last argument for Plo:

Corran Horn is amazing, and Cade Skywalker is great.

@ma_petite

17. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    To follow up on @DarthIntegral's post:

One last argument for Wes:

Adumar -- Yuuzhan'tar -- 2nd GCW

Oh, and Cade Skywalker is one of the most underrated Jedi of all time and Horn is an underrated pilot who could be argued as a late first-round pick in a ten-team draft.

@ma_petite

18. ma_petite

Nov 26, 2006
    I’m picking Janson for sure.

Been going back and forth on the other match but I think I’m sticking with my initial thought that Plo could take them. I just feel like we know the Fetts fly around but we don’t really ever see them in battles. They have cool weapons for hand to hand stuff but this is different and a Jedi pilot of PLO’s experience and caliber is just too much for them to take down.

19. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Hey dudes I'll get this up tomorrow, have had a busy week.

20. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
  21. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    And I'm drunk right now so am ready to write an interesting argument.

22. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Monday latest, Most likely Sunday night. Sorry, busy week and in Catskills this weekend.

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ma_petite and PCCViking like this.
  24. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Your final numbers (finally) are #8, #6, #3, and #4!

Awesome Air Force Patches (3) vs Han and Hera's Heroes (3)

#8. Jhoram Bey TRUMPED with Anj Dahl (FORFEIT) vs Han Solo - Lucky for Furio it didn't break the other way
    #6. Garven Dreis TRUMPED with Jon Vander (FORFEIT) vs Iden Versio - See Above
    #3. Wedge Antilles vs Rey TRUMPED with Obi-Wan Kenobi (FORFEIT) - See Above except it's lucky for Jordan
    #4. Asyr Sei'lar vs Biggs Darklighter - I'll entertain arguments but leaning Asyr - @Darth_Furio , @Jordan1Kenobi

A Box of Scraps
    (4) vs Thanos Snapped Away the Good Pilots on this Squadron (2)

#8. L'ulo L'ampar TRUMPED with Shara Bey (FORFEIT) vs Octa Ramis
    #6. Saba Sebatyne vs Anakin Skywalker - Ouchie
    #3. Derek "Hobbie" Klivian vs Lara Notsil TRUMPED with Garik "Face" Loran (FORFEIT)
    #4. Luke Skywalker vs Myn Donos - Boom. Also I wish Luke had hit Anakin.

Turbocanon Squadron
    (1) vs Twin Sons Squadron (5)

#8. Ciena Ree TRUMPED with Thane Kyrell (FORFEIT) vs Kyle Katarn TRUMPED with Jake Farrell (FORFEIT) - DRAW
    #6. Darth Vader vs Anakin Solo TRUMPED with Jacen Solo (FORFEIT) - Would have been a nice family reunion if Vader's grandkids had bothered to show up. Poor Vader being abandoned by his ungrateful grandsons. Kids these days.
    #3. Sabine Wren vs Tycho Celchu
    #4. Boba Fett TRUMPED with Jango Fett (FORFEIT) vs Shawnkyr Nurodo

FELowship of Sebatyne (4) vs Pander Squadron (2)

#8. Tesar Sebayne TRUMPED with Lowbacca (FORFEIT) vs Carth Onasi
    #6. Soontir Fel vs Ben Skywalker TRUMPED with Mara Jade Skywalker - Ohhhhhhhhh.... sorry but I'm going with Fel outright on this one.
    #3. Cade Skywalker TRUMPED with Zekk (FORFEIT) vs Dash Rendar
    #4. Maarek Stele TRUMPED with Gunn Yage (FORFEIT) vs Mara Jade Skywalker TRUMPED with Ben Skywalker (FORFEIT) - DRAW

@KenKenobi , @ma_petite

DarthIntegral likes this.
  25. ma_petite

Nov 26, 2006
    I agree. I’m picking Asyr over Biggs as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.