main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV The 3.5th Southern Nevada Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JediMasterRevan, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Scondren

Scondren Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 5, 2005
    Right then.

So I'm going with Kun. They are both nasty, but Kun was the big daddy Sith Lord, not Ulic.

winner: Kun

And the trump wins.

2. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Kessel Conference Finals

Exar Kun vs. Ulic Qel-Droma

Whoa. Now this matchup is quite a daisy. Both of 'em actually fought each other at one point, if you remember, in Dark Lords of the Sith-- of course, neither could gain an upper-hand, and the amulet-ridden battle was cut short by the spirit of Marka uniting them as Sith. Here, of course, there will be no such interruptions. Anyways, both of these guys are near-equals in the main categories, but the edge continues to fall in Ulic's favor. He's demonstrated power (blowing up the torture droid, blasting Cay/Tott, etc.) without the help of amulets, whereas Kun was beast food until he got Naga's old amulets-- which he still could "just barely direct". When it comes to skill, Ulic's got that wrapped up-- there's a certain mystique that surrounds Exar Kun when it comes to skill, yet Ulic both kept up with him in their battle and also demonstrated his skill without the Force (in Redemption). Experience is more equal, and it might lean in Kun's favor with his duel with Ulic, and then his matches with Vodo and those chumps pre-amuleto. However, Ulic keeps up with all of his undercover bologna and in matching his brother twice (once with Tott trumped). In other words...Ulic is impressive even without the Force, whereas Kun is only mildly impressive without his amulets to amplify his power. Pit them against each other in a setting like here in the Draft, and without that pesky Ragnos to interfere, and the real Ulic Qel-Droma stops the Kunstoppable.

Of course, I pronounce it "Koon", like in KotOR. So, fughetabout "Kunstoppable." Just...Ulic wins after one crazy spectacular battle. There.

Winner: Ulic Qel-Droma

Corellia Conference Finals

Tavion trumped with Desann vs. Mara Jade-Skywalker (forfeit)

It's okay, Desann and Tavion. Just because no one showed up doesn't mean you're not special. Don't cry or anything.

Winners: Tavion trumped with Desann

3. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    See the icon, this is a phenominal match, possibly the best of the draft so far but Master will beat Apprentice. I mean who busted into the Senate chamber, killed the supreme chancellor, freed Ulic and then proceeded to kill Vodo, add amulets and Kun has it wrapped up.

4. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    I don't know why, but I like KK's take on this match. For some reason it just makes sense to me, but maybe I'm a bit crazy after being eliminated (congrats to Suzuki for taking me out!) :p

Easily the best matchup of the Draft so far

5. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    it's been my favorite too. i agree with the notion that exar kun has that master edge over ulic, but that alone doesn't make him emerge as the victor. kun picked ulic as an apprentice for the sole reason being that he knew ulic could contest his power, all others he just sought to control. ulic though, in raw terms of skill, would have enough methinks to handle the might that is kun. had ulic's tendancies been more heroic initially, i believe that he would've had to slay him eventually anyhow.

6. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Alright... yeah, this one sucks. I can think of dozens of reasons as to why Kun would win, but I can do the exact same for Ulic. They were pretty much equal in DLotS, and by all accounts, they were pretty much equal at their peak.

I'm going to have to go with Kun, though. True, he does seem to get much of his power from the amulets, but the fact of the matter is that he does have them. There's also the matter of the double-bladed saber, which Ulic has no experience against, so that could tip the scales slightly. Plus, there's that battle armor that Kun wore. Even with all these little intangibles and such, I can still see some possible scenarios in which Ulic could take this match, but my gut is telling me Kun, so Kun it is.

Winner: Exar Kun

7. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    After 3 rounds...

Kessel Conference Finals

The White Warriors - 1 vs. The Pet Shop Boys - 2

The Black Panthers - 3 vs. Kenobi's Talons: Fighting Darkness with Darkness - 0

Next number up is... 5!

Kessel Conference Finals

Darth Malak vs. Tott Doneeta trumped with Cay Qel-Droma

Desann (forfeit) vs. Kyp Durron

8. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Kessel Conference Finals

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/axlestarweilder/theodds.jpg]

Goodness gracious me!

;)

Winner: Darth Malak

Winner: Kyp Durron

9. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    True, he does seem to get much of his power from the amulets, but the fact of the matter is that he does have them.

And he could just barely control them. Plus, Ulic not only had an amulet and Sith artifact, but also that Sith poison that was injected by Satal-- it just so happens that Ulic doesn't have to rely on any of those means, and actually casts them aside and still beats Cay and performs the wicked feats that he does against Mandalore and such. Not to mention his skill even without the Force.

There's also the matter of the double-bladed saber, which Ulic has no experience against, so that could tip the scales slightly.

I don't know, Ulic certainly has shown an ability to adapt. I mean, he's half-naked when Kun busts in on him and Aleema "giving in to their dark desire" and Ulic jumps up and starts battering away.

Plus, there's that battle armor that Kun wore.

Uh, look at Ulic's battle armor within the first few pages of The Sith War. [face_mischief]

Anyways, I'll get to judging now... :p

Kessel Conference Finals

This is but a taste of the Dark Side!

Winner: Darth Malak

I wonder, who was the lucky one here...

Winner: Kyp Durron

10. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    After 4 rounds...

Kessel Conference Finals

The White Warriors - 2 vs. The Pet Shop Boys - 2

The Black Panthers - 3 vs. Kenobi's Talons: Fighting Darkness with Darkness - 1

Next number up is... 3!

Kessel Conference Finals

Lumiya vs. Cay Qel-Droma (forfeit)

Kar Vastor vs. Mace Windu

11. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    looks like it's up to old acre jeth!

12. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    ABC, easy as 123...

Kessel Conference Finals

Lumiya vs. Cay Qel-Droma (forfeit)

Winner: Lumiya

Kar Vastor vs. Mace Windu

There's only one big dog here.

Winner: Mace Windu

13. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    I concur. I mean... come on.

After 4 rounds...

Kessel Conference Finals

The White Warriors - 3 vs. The Pet Shop Boys - 2

The Black Panthers - 3 vs. Kenobi's Talons: Fighting Darkness with Darkness - 2

Last number is none other than the first number. Gimme a 1, babababababy!

Kessel Conference Finals

Freedon Nadd vs. Arca Jeth

Depa Billaba vs. Kyle Katarn

14. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Ok Kyle Katarn should win this. His experience blows her out of the water. Granted she did fight Mace, but she barely fought in the CLone Wars if she did at all.

Katarn has fought about 9 Dark Jedi, more ReBorn then you can count, and so many stormtroopers you could make your own army. There are even rumours of him hunting down a force sensitive Vong and a Dark Jedi, in the Unknown reasons.

Force Power goes to Katarn. Many people think the Valley of Jedi was the reason he is so powerful, but he was a powerful Jedi (well training Jedi) before he got the power of the well. He was so powerful he was able to self train himself. The valley adds to his power.

Skill-Depa has Vaapad but that took her over. Kyle was over to reject the power of the darkside and still be an aggressive fighter. He is a saber instructor at the temple and one of the most respected an powerful jedi in the NJO. The only two better are Luke and Jacen (and Luke is a god, and many people think extremely highly (although I don't as much) of Jacen). So he is in pretty good company.

15. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    hmmmmmmmm...

crap.

16. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Well, both deserve explanations for a change...

Kessel Conference Finals

Freedon Nadd vs. Arca Jeth

Well, they had their scuffle in TotJ, but this isn't a spirit versus an old man here. Arca's got experience wrapped up tight with his noted actions during the Hyabb-Twith Campaigns and the Great Droid Revolution, as well as skill as demonstrated in those instances, as described by the TotJ Companion, and compared to Nadd's dismal showing (Matta deliberately allowed Nadd the opportunity to strike her down, and that was only after she initially spared Nadd's life). Power is...meh. Nadd did stuff post-mortem, but he had to have Ommin as a host to do anything worth talking about, and Arca had one of the better showings of Battle Meditation from someone who doesn't have a natural affinity (see Bastila) for it. Arca shows Nadd who's boss in this one.

Winner: Arca Jeth

Depa Billaba vs. Kyle Katarn

Well, this one would be a nice one to watch, but isn't too difficult to judge. Kyle's got a major experience advantage, and while Depa's skill might press him to the brink-- especially since the poor fellow doesn't have the Valley of the Jedi to augment himself with-- Katarn would definitely come out the victor. He might get blindsided by Vaapad, especially since he's a combat instructor and Vaapad is so completely fast and random, but he definitely knows how to apply himself to a situation enough that he could overcome that disadvantage.

Winner: Kyle Katarn

EDIT: There are even rumours of him hunting down a force sensitive Vong and a Dark Jedi, in the Unknown reasons.

Probably not the best example, since he got captured by Vongerella and had to be rescued. :p

He's a little overrated, and Depa would put up a good fight, but I still think Kyle would take it in the end.

17. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    well all-right!

18. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

Jul 4, 2004
    Man this round has almost given me a heart attack, Exar beating Ulic was huge but Malak falling on the trump was easily the biggest plus Lumiya who I believe to be my weakest player falling on the forfit is just huge. Anyway I think Freedon can take this. I mean Arca got killed by a droid and was beat by Freedon's spirit. Freedon took over a planet by himself. He destroyed Naga Sadow's spirit, killed Tremayne,and legends spread of Nadd single-handedly using Sith magic to repel the Beast Riders time and time again. This legend spread down through generations on Onderon and Freedon became somewhat of a god in Onderon truism for defeating the "wild beasts and aborigines" on Onderon. In a very close match, Nadd is just too powerful for Master Arca.

19. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    while this may not sound like a sound arguement, i've seen qui-gon beaten by acre. i have also seen qui-gon beat freedon nadd. therefore, i think that acre could take freedon nadd. i was under the impression that nadd was the guy that handed acre his lunch in the naddist revolt comics. but it was acre and his strike-force that handled nadd and his possesed king. while i'll admit it would be close, i can see acre taking this. that and i really want to see this go on to teams!

20. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

Jul 4, 2004
    In Issue #1 of FNU we see Acre get manhandled by the father who is empowered with the spirit of Nadd. Like my arguement before, I think Nadd can take it.

21. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    my reasoning as to why acre could probably take this fight is that the nadd he encountered in the comics was taken in a nebulous spirit form. the nadd he would be fighting here would be one of sheer physical presence. right? anyway, considering that, these two gents being measured in their primes. so, in prime-time form, i think acre has what it takes.

22. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Well, even though I already judged, I did see fit for explanations for both matches-- so I'll take the time to respond to the arguments in defense of my decisions...

KEVIN: I mean Arca got killed by a droid and was beat by Freedon's spirit. [...] In Issue #1 of FNU we see Acre get manhandled by the father who is empowered with the spirit of Nadd.

No, that was Ommin (with the Sith talisman). Also Issue #1 of FNU, Freedon Nadd responds to Ulic's proclamation that he's been dead for four-hundred years with:

"Yes. My mummified flesh sleeps on stone. But his old man called my spirit back from chaos...I have given him my knowledge. Fear me not, Jedi. I am powerless in my present state."

Now, he isn't entirely powerless, as later on, in DLotS, Nadd does do something sans-Ommin (releases the energy of the crystal holding trapped Jedi spirits on Korriban, but even that "took little effort"). But he himself did not do the attacking of Arca on Onderon, and his post-mortem resume isn't very impressive (and neither is the rest of his resume either, but oh well).

Freedon took over a planet by himself.

That's a bit misleading. He displayed himself as a magician with his Force powers and garnered the support of the people. It wasn't like he showed up and sieged the planet.

He destroyed Naga Sadow's spirit

Probably the feat that makes him draftable, yes.

killed Tremayne

I could post the TotJ Companion excerpt if you like. Fact of the matter is, Matta let Nadd kill her. In fact, she actually passed spared his life before he lashed out at her-- and after he did, she tested him by deliberately giving him an opportunity to kill her. Nadd failed to realize this and killed

and legends spread of Nadd single-handedly using Sith magic to repel the Beast Riders time and time again. This legend spread down through generations on Onderon and Freedon became somewhat of a god in Onderon truism for defeating the "wild beasts and aborigines" on Onderon.[/

He built a freakin' wall and had battlements emplaced.

Besides, "legends" originating from the people that Nadd originally tricked with his "magic" are hardly a great source to draw from. :p

In a very close match, Nadd is just too powerful for Master Arca.

Power aside, Arca simply slaughters Nadd comparitively in skill and experience. Considering Nadd's dismal showing, and the fact that Arca has at least performed medium-scale Battle Meditation without seeming to have a natural affinity for it (one of the few that get a good gauge from this, aside from someone like Palps, who really doesn't need something like this to show his power), Arca would take it pretty cleanly.

Maxle: while this may not sound like a sound arguement, i've seen qui-gon beaten by acre. i have also seen qui-gon beat freedon nadd. therefore, i think that acre could take freedon nadd.

Yeah, not exactly the best of arguments. :p

i was under the impression that nadd was the guy that handed acre his lunch in the naddist revolt comics. but it was acre and his strike-force that handled nadd and his possesed king.

Actually, it was more like Ommin with his talisman confined Arca, until Ulic sliced up Warb Null and he and the assembled strike team rained on the old man's Naddist parade.

23. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Pfft..everyone gets captured sometimes. He just wanted to boast Jaden self-esteem by letting him rescure him:p

24. Scondren

Scondren Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 5, 2005
    I agree with Ken. Nadd isn't bad, but Arca is pretty good.

Kyle has more expierence, keeps skill close, and beats in power.

25. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    That brings us to team battles. Two matches, two team battles. Hooray!

Kessel Conference Finals

The White Warriors - 3 vs. The Pet Shop Boys - 3

Team Battle!!!

Exar Kun, Darth Malak, Freedon Nadd, Lumiya, Sora Bulq and Darth Sion vs. Jacen Solo, Ulic Qel-Droma, Anakin Solo, Cay Qel-Droma, Tott Doneeta and Arca Jeth

The Black Panthers - 3 vs. Kenobi's Talons: Fighting Darkness with Darkness - 3

Team Battle!!!

The Exile, Count Dooku, Kar Vastor, Depa Billaba, Desann and Tavion vs. Mace Windu, Kyle Katarn, Kyp Durron, Mara Jade-Skywalker, Kam Solusar and Jaden Korr