main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 9th EUC Starfighter Draft: The Last Commander (Discussing Options)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kyptastic, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Pash > Phennir

Shurron, some jokes never get old. :p

2. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Are there three judges yet?

Evil.

3. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005
    can i still sign up even though all the spaces are filled up? :)

4. TypoCelchu

TypoCelchu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 1, 2005
    Unfortunately, once all the spots are gone, all of the spots are gone. That's one of the things about this draft... It's a competition just to get in.

5. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I got really lucky for signups...but it's looking like I'm going to get my butt kicked...good field and all.

I got this confused with the Jedi Draft, so I wasn't expecting it to start untill Friday. Silly me.

6. TypoCelchu

Feb 1, 2005
    I'd say it's a decent field. Four previous champs, a few veterans, a few returners, and a few litizens. :p

7. Specterace

Specterace Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    I might actually not last all that long in this draft. First off, it's my first ever draft of any sort. And second of all, it's not as if starfighter pilots are exactly my area of expertise in the SW fandom. And thirdly, the field looks to be particularly tough this time around...

But I'll give it all I got.[face_peace]

Specterace

8. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    :cool:

I'm glad you (and Jello) pointed this out to me-- looks fun.

Thanks for the detailed rules (you too SOD); [i]now[/i] it all makes sense. I spent last match wondering to myself how pilots were picked, and was too dense to work it out on my own. :p

9. TypoCelchu

Feb 1, 2005
    My pleasure. As long as I was able to get a spot myself, I don't mind a bit. If I hadn't gotten a spot, though, I'd have cursed your name. :p

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Sometimes I curse Typo's name for the heck of it.

:p

11. TypoCelchu

Feb 1, 2005
    "Damn you, Typo! You triple trumped, didn't you?! You monkey!"

12. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Since when is Monkey and insult? You might as well have called him (or you...I guess...) a woman.

13. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I bet you just insulted every woman in this thread with that comment. :p

14. TypoCelchu

Feb 1, 2005
    Since Jello used it as a sort of exhasperated interjection as I beat him to take the crown in Draft #7. :p

15. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
  16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'll break this down.

Jello > humans > monkeys > aliens > Twi'leks.

So I was dissing Typo, but not to such an extreme point. :p

I just wish the numbers were better so that triple trump could have blown up in his face.

Though actually, I do have a question about that which Shadow's post brought up. Whenever I submit numbers, I leave a blank spot if I trump--I make that the forfeit. Shadow's way made it look like that the trump automatically plays first and then the other slot goes to the forfeit. Which is it.

[hr]

EDIT: Hahaha, he did. The girls are going to kill you. :p

[hr]

[i][blockquote]Since Jello used it as a sort of exhasperated interjection as I beat him to take the crown in Draft #7. [/i][/blockquote]

*sniffle* Crown? Now I hate you even more because you used that word.

I like crowns. :(

17. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    I was vaguely worried about that. When I nabbed a spot this morning, I thought "gee, it'd be ironic if Typo didn't grab a spot in time."

18. TypoCelchu

Feb 1, 2005
    As far as I know, it can be either. If you just want the trump to fall on a single number, then you put it on that number. If you want it on a possibility of two numbers, that's fine too, and whichever number is called first is the one that gets the trump.

Edit: Oooh, shiny crown. Each Draft champ gets to keep one to put on their mantle. :p

19. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    I think every single woman in this thread amounts to me. Unless Jaina sneaked back in or I haven't been reading the Draft list carefully enough. :p

*is offended* *glares* *murders* :p

20. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    No way. The way it's supposed to be is that you cannot choose where the forfeit lands. You send in the trump on both numbers and they fly on whichever gets called first, with the second being the forfeit.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Typo: I should get a crown just for being the pre-eminent judge. :p

Shadow: Shoot, had I known that then I definately would not have tried to take on Typo's predictable triple trump individually. :p

Targeter: I think you have enough concentrated "girl power" inside you to make up for your status as the only one. Prenn should run in fear. :p

22. TypoCelchu

Feb 1, 2005
    You'd think so, but if Corran never said anything to him before, I would guess it would go either way...

And I miss Jaina. :(

Edit: No way, Jello! Only WINNERS get crowns. Judges are losers. :p

23. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Well, I can't speak for Corran, but I've gotten a lot of those numbers where people tried to choose their forfeit numbers in just about every draft I've ever run. And I'd try to explain at first how it's supposed to work, but after a while, I just got tired of repeating myself and just started ignoring it. If the number with the "forfeit" on it comes up first, then the trump flys (or fights, or whatever) and the other number forfeits. Corran probably did the same.

In fact, I know that's how it works, because when have you ever seen a forfeit come before a trump popping up? It's never happened in any draft to my knowledge.

24. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Here's a question for the judges (or anyone, really): at what point in their lives are pilots considered to be when it comes to cohesion? For example, if I've two pilots who were best pals five years ago but currently hate each other, what gives? Or, to reverse with, what if they were bitter enemies at their prime, but now as retirees get along amicably?

25. TypoCelchu

Feb 1, 2005
    Indeed. And it likely did happen this way, although I doubt Corran said anything to Jello. I mean, Jello isn't that dense. :p

Edit: As a judge, I always did most recent, but I also judged Anakin and Vader completely seperate. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.