main
side
curve

Characters The A/P Databank 3.0 - Thead up for Adoption

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Ani_and_Ami_index, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    That was so much fun AF.

I bet that I would be the nerd, not because I?m good in school but because I?m simply a nerd with a capital N, or maybe I?m the school weirdo, no, I?m probably both. Like when everyone else is on party and sport events, I?m sitting at home and watching Star Wars.

I have no life what so ever.

-----

Okay, so that's some of the thruth. To be completely serious.

When I was really, really young, sometime around the time I was 5, I was really miss popular, I know what you think, 5, but, and this might sound weird, I have always been very mature for my age (my friend is laughing so hard right now but I?ve learned to ignore her). It was like last summer or something, yeah, last summer, I was in Cyprus and a woman was so shocked when I said that I was 17, she thought that I was way to sophisticated (see, you shouldn?t judge a book by it?s cover :p). Oh well, moving on, then I moved and sure I wasn?t the most popular kid but I wasn?t the outsider either, and I did host the best parties (at least that?s what they told me) although, I?ve never been a party person, I would much ratter spend my time at home, or go out with my friends and have dinner or watch a movie. Then everyone in my class had to move to another school and everything changes to the worst, my then best friend turned her back on me after five years of friendship, which was hard but after a while I realised that she wasn?t worth it so I got other friends, although, I never became part of a group because basically everyone had already found their place. It was defiantly some of the hardest time of my life but it was also during that time that I discovered Star Wars and well, that?s a whole different story. Then we started ?Gymnasiet? which is like the American High Schools, but we have programs we take that is leading to one or more profession within the area, where I study art which I love, my classmates are amazing, we are all having so much fun and I think that the greatest part is that we all are one big group instead of several smaller once. And since we all study the same thing and we all have a lot in comment (see, most of them knows what Star Wars is, to the different from my previous ?friends?) and everyone can be whom they want without being treated badly. I guess that I?m the kind, quiet and a little shy girl. A guy in my class even called me ??a cute little hamster? and of course the never ending ?Star Wars freak?

I guess that I only can wait and see how things will go in the future.

2. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    So... I'm the nerd in the back of the classroom, blatantly fawning over the star athlete? o_O :p Close, but not quite.

I actually attended two highschools. For the first two years I wasn't in the "Most Popular" crowd. My "group," was a tier down from them and always a constant threat to them. [face_mischief] I was more of the bookworm of my friend's, the most stressed about grades, but somehow I balanced that with my social life. I was and am a bit shy and quiet, but can become fiery when pushed. For the record, in high school I would not have been writing, I hated English class so I would have only done what I had to do. I would have been completing my math homework (What else should a future accountant be doing? :p)

My school was 20 minutes from the beach, so most of the time when school let out we were there. My friends and I did "fawn" over and flirt with the guys, some less subtely than others. :rolleyes: We actually ranked the hottest guys at our school (yes, it was dumb and childish, but that was us). :oops:

*Going to start sounding like Padme for a moment*

The number 1 guy was not the star athlete, he was the student body president (tall, lean, handsome, and eyes that could make you melt). I went to prom with him (We were the talk of the school that year, much to the horror of the "in" crowd.). He actually invited me after I had moved away from that school, so I flew 9 hours from my home to go to prom with him (He invited me in September and prom wasn't until March, I was the envy of a ton of people.). Anyways had a blast! Unfortunately, things change with time. The friends I had in high school are not the same people they once were and generally we don't talk to one another. Even the guy I went to prom with changed, he's not so dreamy anymore. College was not kind to him, I'll just leave it at that.

Oh, well enough with school one, now onto school two. My family moved my junior year of high school, so I was forced to change schools. Needless to say, I was angry, bitter, and a bit resentful about leaving all my friends. "Cliques" are set pretty early on in high school and it is hard to get into a group when you are new. I wasn't really in a "group" at my second school. I had some friends, but it wasn't the same as before. I basically did my time in "hell," and went to college. To put a brighter spin on this story, the move was good for me. I fear what would have happened if I had gone to college with some of my classmates from my "first" high school. I had my pick of colleges and could have gone back there, but something compelled me to choose one of the more local schools. I got a great education, made a lot of new friends, and eventually got the job that currently gives me my DRL issues (I do love it despite that!).

College was great! (Graduate school was the best!). :D Of course, you thought Jedi pick up lines were bad, you have got to hear accounting pick up lines they are worse. There are a couple guys out there were crushed that I didn't fall for them. :rolleyes:

I don't think I quite reach nerd status, I am a bit bookish when it comes to schoolwork, but there are people worse than me. And if I wasn't checking out the guys I'd be a bad Bond Girl! [face_batting] I'm just a picky Bond Girl as I'm still looking for my James Bond.

3. Ani_and_Ami_index

Ani_and_Ami_index Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2004

Was it meant to be? Were Anakin and Padmé destined to be together? The will of the Force? Or was it simply chance? How much of a role did their free will play in starting their relationship? And how much of a role did destiny, chance, and/or free will play in the relationship?s destruction? Was it all meant to be?

4. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    I think that question considers how much of a role you consider destiny to play in your relationships in general. Was it fate that brought Padme, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon to Tatooine, and then bring Anakin to Coruscant? We are led to believe so, what with that foray into midichlorians that doesn't really appear again after TPM.

I wouldn't so much consider the idea of "fate" so much as the idea of "Palpatine." :p It seems that throughout the PT, Palpatine nurtures and fosters the potential for a relationship between Anakin and Padme, and then uses it to manipulate Anakin. If we buy into the idea that Palpatine, and his master, manipulated midichlorians to create Anakin, then perhaps he could have manipulated the Force to bring Anakin and Padme together so explosively.

However.

I'm of the camp that you always have the choice to pursue something or not, and A/P chose to pursue their relationship outside of influences. It was up to them what they did about it, and it conveniently helped Palpatine. It could have tanked and he would have had to use alternative methods to "acquire" Anakin. In that sense, I think that Anakin and Padme still chose to be together despite chance and destiny. I think it was destiny for them to meet and fit well together; I think it was their choice whether to continue with that or not.

On a side note, I also buy into the idea that they were connected beyond "just" love. The PT touches on a kind of symbiosis between the two of them--Padme's life "draining away" as Anakin/Vader fought to retain his when he had no business surviving, the conversation across Coruscant before Anakin makes his decision to save Palpatine, etc. etc. You can accept that or not; however, it does push for the idea that either because of the Force and Anakin's connection to it, or fate, or whatever, they had a connection that was different and deeper than, say, Han and Leia's. Padme basically meant more to Anakin throughout the entire Saga than just his wife. She was his soul throughout the OT.

End story? I think they were destined to meet and destined to fit together in a way no one else could have, both romantically and all this Force cosmic scene. Still, I think that the choice was essentially theirs; they just would not have been able to ever be "happy" or fulfilled with anyone else.

Geez, I shouldn't attempt to answer questions as a break from studying for a final.

5. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    What. Luna. Said.

lol, I don't think I can say it better than that, but Luna pretty much covered my view on this couple.

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I have finished my response to the winter challenge:

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=25735326&brd=10476&replies=0]The Best Gift Ever[/link]

Hope everyone who reads enjoys - this was a lot of fun to do! :D

7. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Hello, Everyone! Our lovely indexer has given me permission to do the first interview with an A/P writer.

Since he shall be leaving soon :(, Anakin_Heartbreaker gets to be the first victim!

Do any of you have any questions that you want asked? If so, PM me and I'll be sure to drill him!

AF

8. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    The vig was amazing KELIA.

And that was a great idea AF, I?m really looking forward to see the whole thing, and I?ll see if I can come up with some questions.

9. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    :eek: Shhhh! [face_shhh] No one's supposed to know about that! [face_worried]

:p

Anywhoooooooo

Is it sad that I'm reminded of a line said by a stripper from a really cheesy teen movie? :p But I think it fits: There is fate, but it only takes you so far, because once you're there it's up to you to make it happen.

I don't know how much of a role Palpatine had in their relationship (mainly because I've never thought about it and the idea itself is more than a little creepy :p ). I was always of the mind that he saw opportunities in front of him and twisted them to his benefit. He knew she was a weak spot for Anakin and he used that to his advantage.

I dunno, I personally feel that free will plays a huge role in things, but destiny is also a very prominant theme in all of the movies. I think their meeting was very starcrossed- they met, he became enamored, they went on to fall in love in a very trying time, and that love got caught up by time and circumstance. They made choices that ultimately led to their downfall.

10. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    Hey there,

I'm Daenarrah

I still have to completely introduce myself and I'll get to that soon. Meanwhile, I thought I'd say I gave the Winter Challenge a try. It was a lot of fun to write.

Here's my response.

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/25742143/p1/?0]Snow Angels[/link]

11. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Ooo... more challenges to read!

I thought I'd drop this by here too sicne it's Technically A/P :p

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/25740570/p1/?0]Smuggler's Price[/link] - It's a Padmé as a Smuggler "continuation"/companion piece with Anakin...

12. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Hello, Everyone! My name is AnakinsFavorite, and I am going to be taking you behind the scenes to meet some of our favorite A/P writers! Today, I am going to get the exclusive scoop on everyone?s favorite action writer- Anakin_Heartbreaker!

Currently, I am in the author?s natural habitat- a gym. What interesting things will we find out?

There he is now!!!

*Walks over to where AH is fastidiously doing sit-ups* Hello, I?m AF! Do you mind if I ask you a *few* questions? *Whips pen and notepad out of nothingness*

So, tell all of your fans a little about yourself. We know that you love to write and have a passion for all things athletic, but who is the man behind the cranky Anakin icon?

I think you?re being too gracious with your comments AnakinsFavorite, my feeble ability to put words together is hardly writing; in fact a lot of my inadequacies are exploited. LOL. What can I say about myself that won?t bore people?okay, I?ve never mentioned this before?The name Anakin_Heartbreaker is not something that I just made up to join the boards. I?m a big wresting fan, and my favorite all time wrestler is the Heartbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels. While I was in high school, I used to hero worship him, lol I saw him once doing pushups upside down against a wall, and I was like ?WHOA!!!! That?s the coolest thing I?ve ever seen??My closest friend would often call me Heartbreaker, or some abbreviation of it. In my school, I was always in the public eye, and when some calls you Heartbreaker in the middle of the canteen, everyone takes notice?its kind of difficult to get rid of it. The real reasons behind why I actually got that name is another story.

Very interesting, especially the part about the push-ups! I must admit I can?t do those.

I?d always thought that the name came from your penchant of nearly killing off the Chosen One in each of your stories. What are these ?real? reasons you alluded to? Did you get any bad connotations for being called a 'Heartbreaker'?

The push-ups are a difficult thing to master, I mean, first you?ve got to be able to maintain balance on your hands. Then, of course, as we all know, when we turn upside, the blood rushes to our head. The reason why that happens, is that all your veins have contain semi valves which push blood upwards, preventing gravity from pulling the blood to your feet. However, they are unidirectional, so there is no resistance the other way.

Once you?ve managed to create a tolerance, then it?s all about technique?push-ups target the pectoral muscles, but this particular type zeroes in on the anterior deltoids?so there is a lot of stress placed on those small muscles. Can I do them? What do you think?

Hey, I just had to ask! Fine, I shall assume you can do them, being the athletic inclined one of us two

Heartbreaker, for better or for worse has been synonymous with me?the name kind of says it all. LOL. You're not the only one who thought I got my name for everything I put my readers and my characters through.

So, your name doesn?t come from breaking all of the ladies hearts, huh?

Continuing on, why and when did you first start writing? What were your first dabbles about?

I?ve always had a crazy imagination, but sometimes I needed a catalyst to extract the things out of my head. As for when I first started writing?a close of friend of mine bought a computer that could talk?if you were to write something, it would read it back to you?Well, after playing around it with. LOL. We decided to write about everyone in school?but in the Star Wars universe!!!! I was Luke, my friend was Han?it was not Oscar winning script, but it kind of gave me a taste of what was going to come later on in my life.

Okay?it?s 2004, ROTS is becoming the most anticipated movie of all time?why? The Saga is complete, and we get to see Anakin fall to the dark side, and of course THAT duel!!! Previously I had never spoiled myself, but as this was the last one, I just could fight it?I had

13. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    =D= =D= =D=

Excellent Interview! What a marvelous piece of work to get inside an author's head. I'm astounded. Bravo, bravo!

Great questions - and Heartbreaker - thanks for taking the time to answer :D

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great interview! :D

15. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    I loved, loved, LOVED the interview! Wonderful! =D=

That's a tough act to follow! [face_worried]

16. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Yay! The interviews have started! I love those things. :D They're always so diverse and informative.

17. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    [hl=red]Hey, if you all have any evil questions to be asked of VA_Parky, just PM Pallas or I! :) [/hl]

18. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    *laughs* evil questions? Ouch *hides so no one will want to interview her next* :p

Good luck VA!

19. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    I loved the interview; it?s always fun to get to know some of your favourite authors better.

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

And Star_Angel called me the word Master. For that I want to apologize to them for any inconveniences my writing has give them.

AH, You don?t have to apologise, ever. you know, before I became a member here I must say that I had a D in English, now, after spending a year here on the boards, I got an A, and a big part of approving the my reading have been after reading your fics, basically because of the challenge, but not in a bad way. ?When We Were Lovers? were one of the first things that I read on these boards and I think that I still have the mark left where my jaw hit my desk [face_blush] and after that I had to read everything you've written, and I think that I've managed, well besides from "Rage of the Jedi" and even if I just have spent a little less then a year here and even if I'm not an English native, I've been able to see you approve with your writing...does this sounds weird coming from me? Probably but I just had to say it.

so that my readers ?see? what I see it tough.

One thing that I just love about AH work is just that. I?ve always admire your work and I always will.

Who do I hate the most? Without a doubt, it was Breha. I don?t think anybody ever liked her, she didn?t have any remorse, she was callous, vindictive, and trust me, when I visualized what she does, it make me sick. I actually hated her?there were times when I was seriously reluctant about writing her parts, I deleted a sequence on Tatooine, and did not write for two days, because it upset me. Needless to say, I was cheering at the end too!!!

I have to admit that every time I saw that she was in a story I asked the author if she was evil, just because of Breah in WDILY, she was just so amazingly written, all of your characters are.

Thank you so much for everything AH [:D] and good luck with RL and everything that life will bring you.

I?m really looking forward to read more of these interviews in the future, great job AF =D= =D=

20. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    A_H, my comment with the dictionary wasn't me complaining about your superb writing skills! I was just so overpowered by the chapter that I just blurted it out without giving a second thought. In fact, I'm glad that my dictionary doesn't rest on a dusty shelf in my biiiiig room - if it weren't for your stories, I wouldn't have picked it so often. :) So, a major thank you!

You're quite a fascinating person. :D

Thank you so much for providing such an amazing, first-class entertainment! [:D] An update on your stories often made my day less rainy.

I wish you the best of luck in your life!

Favorite, that was a great interview! Somehow, it's hard to believe that you didn't really watch AH do his push-ups. ;) I'm looking forward to more of these interviews!

=D= =D= =D=

21. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    I finally wrote my response to the challenge:

It?s posted in beyond_the_saga, I hope that?s okay. I waned to try something new.

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/25782758/p1/?0]The Way it?s Supposed to be[/link]
    Characters: Padmé Naberrie Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker, Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo, Anakin Solo, Ben Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Leia Solo, Han Solo, Mara Jade Skywalker.
    Genre: AU, Mush and Romance.
    Summary: Padmé?s only have one wish. Ben?s reality comes crashing down on him. The Solo children learn something important. And will Anakin Skywalker be home for the Holidays?

22. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    Okay, I have a question that sort of just came to me today.

I?ve been hit by plot bunnies for two A/P (there will of course be other pairings as well) fanfics in beyond_the_saga but I?m everything but sure if that is something that people would like to read, I mean, is A/P ?just? for the_saga or do you think that it could be posted in another board? I?m one of those who spend most time in the_saga but I also spend a lot of time in the other two boards and I must say that I love reading Anakin and/or Padmé fics there as well. Okay, maybe it sounds weird but I?m just curies [face_blush]

23. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I read in all three eras, but I LOVE seeing A/P fics show up in Beyond! :)

24. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Oh, I think A/P is possible in both Saga and Beyond. Beyond is all AU though - unless Padmé's a ghost [face_thinking]

Still, I love reading A/P in Beyond - your viggie was a good sign of that. And, exploring relationship you know, is a good way to branch out into other eras ;)

25. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    I've been meaning to reply to everyone more indepth, but just to say this now.

Star Angel: It is true that most solid A/Pers may not go to the Beyond boards, especially if they're on the hunt for a new A/P fic. I'm sad to say that the index itself doesn't host much in the way of Beyond fics. Fics in Beyond are few and far between, so it isn't usually worth the trouble to sweep it and look for A/P fics. That doesn't mean that we don't accept them ;) In order to be included in the index, you ought to submit any Beyond stories via PM. Also, feel free to post the link to any new story here, if you think that it might not get noticed by A/P regulars when it's in Beyond. (other tips: include a mention of your new fic in a post to one of your old fics and the link in your sig or profile.)

I'm hoping I can work out a deal at some point that would get somebody regularly sweeping Beyond, but I'm not holding my breath just yet :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.