main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The A/P Databank 3.0 - Thead up for Adoption

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Ani_and_Ami_index, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Great interview, AnakinsFavorite. Nice to get to know you, VA_Parky! ;)

2. Luton_Plunder

Luton_Plunder Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 15, 2006
    Hey AnakinsFavourite and Parky!

This interview was a wonderful read - it was great to get a glimpse at the person behind the wonderfully supportive replies that have propped up my confidence so much [:D]

I must warn you though, expect a lawsuit to come through when I get concussion trying out your advice on clearing writer's block ;)

3. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Fantastic interview, guys!

Great to learn more about one of my favorite authors. [:D] She could certainly be a motivational speaker on the side, too. :D

And thank you. [face_blush]

4. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    Favorite scene. What's your favorite A/P scene, dialogue exchange, etc? Why?

That is a tough one, there's a couple special scenes that tie up there...but I'd say at the top would be the wedding scene. It seems to capture the innocence, love and hesitation all at once, and when they do that kiss by the water, just knowing and relishing that they belong to each other now (with John Williams "Across the Stars" in the background) it can still give me shivers.

The other one that still gets to me is Anakin/Padme connecting across the space of her apt. and the Jedi Temple. The rumination scene, with that haunting music/sound in the background. Goes to show you don't need words to have a masterfully acted and executed scene. Wonderful and so touching.

I also liked the first part of Anakin/Padme on the balcony in ROTS, where he's looking at her lovingly and with depth (rather than the leering lust he had as a teenager). It shows he's really a husband, has really grown, and is happy beyond words that she's carrying his child and giving him a family.

(sigh) @};-

5. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Excellent interview! =D= It was so much fun to learn more about one of my favorite authors. Although, it will be a long time before I get the image of Palpy in hot pink out of my head! [face_laugh]

6. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Thank you, everyone! My Master and I had great fun doing this- even I got to learn some new things about her! :p

Coming next... an interview with Jade_Max... when we start, that is [face_blush] :p

7. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Yahoo! Another victim coming. [face_devil] [face_devil][face_devil]

Looking forward to the next questioning - and meanwhile I think I have some fanfic homework to do so I can... (missing word)... the interview harder. :)

8. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Wonderfu interview, I loved the humor woven in. And of course it was nice to learn a bit more about VA_Parky. :)

9. Ani_and_Ami_index

Ani_and_Ami_index Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2004

February SotM:
    This month, perhaps in supplication for forgetting February, I present this rather classic, beautiful fic, from which this sock has taken its signature since 2004.

[color=3399CC]JediGaladriel[/color]
    Title: Whatever Comes to Us
    Genre: Romance
    Timeframe: Post AotC
    Summary: The proposal

January & February Update: (16 fics)

10. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Awesomeness VA! I'm a soccer nut too - only I'm on the middle team with only 3 players and we wear black. [face_thinking] Actually, where you are, I think the official color is Yellow, with black as the alternate ;)

11. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    That was an a amazing interview =D=, I just love them, and I?m looking forward to the Jade_Max one.

12. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    I'll join Jade_Max and VA_Parky's club too. I love soccer as well! :D

13. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Upping this because it's depressing when this thread goes into Never Never Land.

:D

Any chance for a challenge to get the juices flowing? [face_batting] I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to write one, but I sure as heck will read 'em. [face_mischief]

P.S. I never publicly thanked my dear Padawan for the wonderful job she did on the interview. Thanks, hon! I enjoyed it immensely!!! You're a great interviewer!

14. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Thanks for the up, Parky. I suck at keeping this thing updated, I admit. And I have no clue how to keep people interested in it :p

15. CaoCao1111

CaoCao1111 Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2007
    the thread will return.....soon........

16. Ani_and_Ami_index

Sep 8, 2004
    Fics added though June :)

Welcome to all the first-time A/P writers that have popped up over the past few months.

17. Ani_and_Ami_index

Sep 8, 2004
    [image=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/aniamidatabank/dividers/aniami9.png]

A rather long one:
    [color=999966]Clarus[/color]
    Title: Soldier's Dance
    Genre: AU
    Timeframe: post-Clone Wars
    Summary: An A/P romance

[image=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/aniamidatabank/dividers/topic.png]

Open discussion: Anything you'd like to say? About the index? The pairing? Your weekend?

Indexer's note: Again, I'm horribly sorry about the lack of updates, but, as I said, I suck :p That's pretty self explanatory. If I could find someone better at doing this, I would gladly hand this over, but, alas, I've tired that before and they had trouble as well. Like A/P, this poor index is doomed :p So I'll continue to try, at least, to do my best.

18. Ani_and_Ami_index

Sep 8, 2004
    Status Check: To keep this thread up-to-date and relevant, I have gone through the index to find which WIPs have changed status since the index first opened. Entries for fics that have been completed now state so. Entries for fics that have been left incomplete and have been auto locked for a year have been pruned. Entries for fics that are still active WIPs and/or have not been auto locked still list them as WIPs.

So, congrats to the authors that have finished these (often long) multi-post fics. They all have shinny yellow highlights now :D I'm sad to see the incomplete fics go, though :( Please, as an author or reader, if you ever see any of these fics continued in the future, let me know.

The next check will be in Jan 2008 :)

Changed from WIP to Complete:
    Nobody Wants To Be Lonely
    Pride and Prejudice
    The Fantastic Journey
    From The Ashes
    Change of Fate
    Reincarnation
    More Than I Can Give
    Balance of Power
    Changing an Order
    Always in Motion
    A Jedi For Christmas
    A Necessary Deception
    Tears and Rain
    The Mercy Seat
    Awash in Broken Promises
    Day of Reckoning
    Deep Into a Darkness Peering

Changed from WIP to Incomplete: (removed from index)
    Skywalker Family Game Night
    Realizations
    The Liberator
    You?ve Reached the Vaders, Please Leave a Message at the Beep
    A New Day Will Come
    Hanging on the Edge of Everything
    In a Sweet Dream
    A Life Chosen
    Fate Recapitulated
    All I Ask of You
    Survival
    Picking Every Blade of Truth
    A Jedi Father's Memories
    The Power of Trust
    Pirates of the Galaxy: Curse of the Azure Angel.
    Gothic War
    Heart of a Soldier
    IN DREAMS
    [link=http://boards.thef

19. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Aw, Atty, I don't think you suck! :eek: I think that A/A is just one of those topics that isn't so hot to discuss right now, perhaps. There are still a lot of stories being written, and it's wonderful that you keep up the gruntwork of the Index even if other things fall to the wayside now and then. You can't carry things that require interaction by yourself. ;)

I appreciate your hard work. [:D] And the new SotM is SO how I'm spending my Saturday! It's one I've not read. :D

Actually, a topic I'm curious about is their protrayal in the EU, things like the Clone Wars cartoons, books, etc. It was qiqued by some comments I read in the Mara thread about their appearance in the Dark Nest Trilogy, although I'll freely admit that their presence in Beyond isn't something most people here are probably interested in. :p Still, they show up a lot in PT EU, as well. ;)

But that's just me. :p

20. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, Bri :D

I think that A/A is just one of those topics that isn't so hot to discuss right now, perhaps.

No, now that the movies are done, I don't think speculation and analyzing are going to be as popular past times as they used to be. Their courtship story is over, and I don't think there's going to be as much for them in the EU to keep us fan girls as interested. I think there's a similar trend going on with H/L, now that their story's complete (and as been so for a while). While H/L fic (especially AU) is still being written, fans don't squee on about their next big EU near-divorce. And, likewise, I think that's why L/M (and the ongoing EU pairings of Jaina, etc) are still pretty popular. With L/M, you have many EU years where their courtship can be explored before they got married, both in profic and in fanfic. And, with the new novel out, you have big changes in the characters that you just can't get with A/P profic/EU and no one would dare to do with H/L. So it's understandable, in terms of discussion and gossip, that A/P would be placed on the back burner in favor of pairings that are currently evolving in the EU.

You can't carry things that require interaction by yourself.

I can try [face_mischief]
    Atty: So, Atty, whatcha think of Portman in V for Vendetta?
    Atty: She was okay.
    Atty: Just "okay"?
    Atty: No, Atty, she was spectacular.

Actually, a topic I'm curious about is their protrayal in the EU, things like the Clone Wars cartoons, books, etc. It was qiqued by some comments I read in the Mara thread about their appearance in the Dark Nest Trilogy, although I'll freely admit that their presence in Beyond isn't something most people here are probably interested in. tongue Still, they show up a lot in PT EU, as well.

That's actually a really good topic :)

I loved them in the Clone Wars. They had a much better chemistry for me than in the films. I really liked the practical look on how one actually goes about having a secret marriage on a day-to-day basis. Some of their scenes (the obvious L/L-conception night, for example :D) were so moving and epic that they equal the movies. Overall, I liked the adventure-y, side-quest-y feel of the whole series and what that did to the characters. In paces like Ilum, Padme actually looks like she's enjoying the adventure, which makes me relate to her more as a character. She more approachable than the hard Queen of TPM, for example, and that makes her relationship with Anakin much more moving.

They appeared in the Dark Nest Trilogy? *blinkies* The problem with many hard core A/Pers is that we don't read the EU. But now I'm curious [face_thinking] Any thoughts? Anybody?

I personally love to see more Beyond stuff, it's digging it out from the Kyp/Jaina/Zekk/Jag fics that's the problem :p

Maybe this should be all official topic-y?

21. Ani_and_Ami_index

Sep 8, 2004
    Because people want one:

[image=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/aniamidatabank/dividers/challenge.png]
    Summer Fun in the Summer Sun(s): Padme is bound and determined that Anakin get over his dislike of sand.

requirements:
    * Any time period, genre, length
    *Must include the words, "coarse," "rough," and "irritating," but, naturally, the words neither need to be together, referring to sand, nor spoken by Anakin.

22. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That looks like a fun challenge!!

The muse is already mulling through several ideas.

And I agree, you are doing a great job with the thread. :)

23. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    No, Pallas-Athena, I think you're doing an amazing job with the thread! =D= [:D]

A/P in EU? I've read novels where there're only very short glimpses of them, like Anakin's letter to Padme in 'Jedi Trial', them thinking about each other in 'Labyrinth of Evil' or A/P in the background in 'Secrets of the Jedi'. There was barely any romance in the 'Clone Wars:Volume II.". :(

Any recommendations of a particular book where there was more A/P? [face_praying]

24. Ani_and_Ami_index

Sep 8, 2004
    New fics added for July

[color=999966]Clarus[/color]
    Title: Soldier's Dance
    Timeframe: post-Clone Wars
    Summary: An A/P romance

[color=999966]Anakin_Heartbreaker[/color]
    Title: The Hitman - Don't Hunt What You Can't Kill
    Genre: AU, Romance, Thriller, Action
    Timeframe: PT
    Summary:

[color=FF9999]earlybird-obi-wan[/color]
    Title: Memories
    Genre: vig
    Timeframe: RotS
    Summary: Padme?s thoughts after Obi-Wan had told her of Anakin turning to the dark side

[color=FF9999]darth_treyvah[/color]
    Title: I've Had It
    Genre: Angst, Drama, Resolution
    Timeframe: RotS
    Summary: Anakin makes a choice in the office of the Chancellor. And then, after that, he makes another.

[color=FF9999]degausser[/color]
    Title: Waiting Game
    Timeframe: AotC
    Summary: A completely AU story set about the time of AOTC. Anakin and Padme meet again, but at a celibration held on Naboo for their victory ten years earlier.

[color=FF9999]deg[/color]
    Title: Garden Planet
    Timeframe:
    Summary: Garden State in a galaxy far, far away.

Title: A Bathtub and Champagne
    Genre: fluff
    Timeframe:
    Summary: Pure Anakin and Padme fluff on their anniversary.

Title: South of Sideways
    Timeframe:
    Summary: Starts three months after where things left off in Only One. The Clone Wars are in full swing, Anakin's out on the front lines and Padme's on Coruscant trying to end the Wars. This story will take us up to the beginning of ROTS.

[color=FF9999]HeKilledYounglings[/color]
    Title: The Broken Shell
    Timeframe:
    Summary: Sequel to The First Time (My other story, the AU of Revenge of the Sith in which Anakin chooses differently in fulfilling the prophecy when he overthrows Palpatine, to unite with Obi Wan Kenobi against an out of control Jedi Order to defeat Master Yoda and Mace Windu, who is left burning beside a bank of flowing lava on Mustafar. Anakin is named Emperor of the Grand Republic, but because of his ruthless ambitions, and brutal murders at the Jedi Temple, he loses the love of the woman he did it for: Senator Padme Amidala. The story continues as an at-his-wit's-end, Anakin, tries in vain to win Padme's heart again.

[color=3399CC]indie[/color]
    Title: Five Times Anakin Skywalker Apologized. (And One Time He Didn't)
    Genre:
    Timeframe: Spans Attack of the Clones through Return of the Jedi
    Summary:

[color=3399CC]Idrelle_Miocovani[/color]
    Title: This Time Around
    Genre: Action, adventure, drama, and romance with flashes of humour
    Timeframe: 2 years post-NJO, ROTS
    Summary: After a disastrous investigation to Mustafar ends in tragedy, Jaina Solo becomes the only hope of saving the Galaxy from the hands of evil. She and Kyp Durron must travel back in time to prevent Anakin Skywalker from falling to the Dark side. If they fail, the Galaxy will suffer terribly. But how can Jaina save a man she doesn't know? How can Anakin trust a woman whose past is sh

25. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Okay, this thread can't sink! We need our A/P! [face_love] So, here's my attempt at the Summer Challenge, A Palace in the Sand. It's actually an old fic, but in my defense, I was desperate to shake off this DWB that's been stalking me for weeks now, so I decided to rework it and tweak it for the challenge. [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.