main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The ABYverse Resource Thread - Now discussing the aftermath of Legacy: War!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sinrebirth , Jul 15, 2009.

1. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    That I see this happening. An ABY discussion group. Has spooked for ages, did it? Hehe.

Xenly? Grilled? Hm . . . I like mine raw like Sushi! Missed these little bugs, actually. And an intersting interpretation of them, Fin. I must say. I´ve seen a few incarnations of these over the year. Yours are different but true to the source. SoZ would be proud *smiles*

2. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Lorj Danathin in active combat?

Awwww ****.[face_mischief]

And the return of the furry one?:eek:

-B-

3. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Sinre, isn't Vincent's Dirge part of this?

Xenly, Xenly... didn't you have a bunch of those things 'fuse with' Alastor at Roon during the Betrayal's Aftermath fic or did something else happen? You admittedly have that happening in an incredibly confusing manner and have never quite fully explained to me what exactly he will fully become. We've talked of it yes. But not all of it, so I am confused a bit for his part.

4. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I remember me and Sinre talked about Alastor "stealing" the Sphere. Including the Xenly powering it. Well see . . . whatever Darth Alastor is doing these days, he has creepy company. :) Let´s hope for him he got working containment fields in 133 ABY. ;)

I am so sorry LordT did this to Sarge. Tenk Qatar is really a poor guy. Really, really a poor guy. [face_worried]

So, I´ll end Chapter Five with my next two posts and head to Chapter Six.

Update coming tonight.

5. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Ah....don't like the sound of that. Time to get Tenk to try and start throwing wrenches and hope one hits Hoole's plans.

...Course if he's going blind we're gonna need a lot of wrenches.

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Q & A

1. How long until the AoD RPG is up?

Within this week, if everything goes according to plan. We hit a speed bump in that regard privately, but it'll be up shortly. :D

2. Is there any plan for the time after 133 ABY so far? Anything in the back of your heads? Anyway, why not do a list of planned upcomings, for the future?

Nothing in my mind as direct successors (which I view the 133 ABY arc as a kind of successor), but see below on 135 ABY and 145 ABY.

3. Personal interest. How many PMs do you guys write to coordinate this? I read the 128 ABY thing a few days ago. Fin´s lovely document he has made back then and I realized that 133 ABY - The Dark Odyssey is FULL of nods to 128 ABY. Even more than I spotted while playing.
    Is there anything like this in the new ones? Because I enjoy them. A lot.

Lots of PMs. Lots and lots. We have a working knowledge of each others plotlines quite generally, though we avoid too much detail so we can enjoy the ride as much as the other. I know nothing about Si's survival, but I know quite a bit about our adorable Xenly. ;)

4. What are they [135 ABY and 145 ABY] about?

I had a slight revelation in running the 100 ABY game. Firstly, that games which are run by multiple groups i.e. the fan clubs are notoriously unreliable and difficult to keep going when other groups post as well. Secondly, that I was very willing to allow individuals to buy into the 128 ABY 'franchise' for the fun of seeing characters we all know in love appear in other games - for example we had characters appearing in Fool's Gamble while in 128 ABY, which was actually quite fun. Darth Insipid appearing in 100 ABY, as a way to expand his backstory, was also intriguing. I also noticed, during 128 ABY, what Fin would call the 'Importance of Fanon'. If you can link a story into their own version of the universe, their enthusiasm is increased tenfold - that we saw with the incredible Xenly plotline, and of course with the Twilight Jedi being taken on as a plotline by the Templars of Twilight FC from the EUC.

I thus acknowledged that fan clubs are quite capable of running their own games, but ideas and creativity are often lacking, something which I am all too willing to donate. So 135 ABY and 145 ABY are spin-offs of the various main fan clubs of the EUC and SWC that are entrenched purely within the personal history of these fan clubs. Like a George Lucas archetype, they're telling their own story in a sandbox I've grafted with their characters.

The 135 ABY and 145 ABY are thus spin-offs. They will all be practically ran inside the Unknown Regions, dealing with the aftermath of the events that I ended up spinning together from Collapsing Galaxy and eventually Force War; the devastation of the Yuuzhan Vong colonies, the isolation of the Chiss, the renewal of the Nagai-Tof War. They will be isolated remnants of the Jedi Order that have fled, groups that existed within the NJO (off-screen in canon) as factions a la the Covenant in the Ancient Jedi Order, and as Sith with a legacy directly following from the massive Dark Jedi Order that was created under Darth Sidious' Galactic Empire - as LotF, FotJ and the Legacy comics show, there are often a dozen Sith groups extant at the same time.

In the era following the Battle of Endor we see the Baneite succession, the Prophets of the Dark Side, the Disciples of Ragnos, the One Sith, the Malevolence, the Mecrosa, the One Sith and finally Karness Muur. We've just added a few more groups; Hoole, Yu'Dor's Maleficarum sect, Darth Insipid's 'Vapid' and the Dominion of Darkness and Acolytes of Darkness. They have their own relationship with each other, and the One Sith - a veritable conflict over the legacy that Darth Sidious left to the Sith - his successes.

5. Can anyone summarise major events, players, characters and happenings in the ABYverse ?

Yes, I can. :p

6. Lorj?

Yes please!

7. Vincent's Dirge?

Of course. [face_mischief] What Darth Alastor now is will be

7. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    YES!!
    *fan girl screaming*

Can't wait!

8. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Melmot will return!!!

Erm . . . probably not! Awesome you got a thread now! About time!

9. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    Bring Jacen Cole back from the dead! Tenk needs some more misery in his life! :D

10. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I'll rephrase. :p

Please summarise the major events, players, characters and happenings in the ABYverse, as concisely as possible. [face_batting]

11. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Okay, I´ll do rough summaries. Of the games I was in. And I´ll try to do only the mayor events.

128 - The Sith-Imperial War - Turning Point

The year the Sith revealed themselves. We saw here how this came to be. While the war between Jedi/GA and Empire/IKs is raging with various battles happening, the Empire is slowly loosing. Grandadmiral Morlish Veed and Nyna Calixte negotiate with their secret allies the Sith to join the war.
    The Sith under Darth Krayt (more evil than in the comics in the portrait by TheSithGirly), less and less hidden in their actions set their Masterplan in motion to enter the war, building up a giant trap. Several big battles take place in the galaxy and the Emperor struggles to keep his Knights out of the war. One of them even falls and joins the ranks of the Sith. Finally the build up is finished and the GA attacks Bastion, without the knowledge of Master Skywalker (that´s Kol). Kol Skywalker and Wolf Sazen hurry to Hapes, meanwhile. They have guessed the Sith have returned and want to negotiate peace with the collapsing Empire. Also a Grey Jedi Master and a Splinter-Sith-Group Maleficarum -who wish to take revenge against the One Sith by ruining their plans and murder the Emperor- go there.

Everything goes wrong. The GA attacks Bastion. But instead of overpowering the Empire, the Sith suddenly enter the battle. The GA suffers a terrible defeat, loosing many, many Jedi.

Kol Skywalker and Wolf Sazen have ALMOST negotiated peace, when the Grey Jedi Master arrives and attacks Roan Fel. Darth Krayt makes a sudden appearance and beats that Jedi Master up. Saving the Emperor. Then he duels with Wolf Sazen and Kol Skywalker (in an awesome duel) and the two Jedi can barely manage a draw against him.

There were a lot of subplots of players (having over thirty) who played out. But these were the main events of the game.

[i][b]Sequels[/b][/i]

[color=darkred][b]128 - The Sith-Imperial War - The Collapsing Galaxy[/b][/color]

Following some of the Jedi of Turning Point we see how the Jedi strike back against the resurfaced Sith. A bloody offensive on the Sith-stronghold Roon lead by a Jedi growing darker and darker ever moment . . . while the Sith begin to suffer from internal problems. It featured almost no canon-characters (at the GMs wish) and was settled around a single very important and influential battle. The Battle of Roon. It was cut short by SonOfZeus tragic passing away and the "German Hiatus" following it . . .

I might wanna say, that the events here were pretty influential on many characters later.

[color=darkblue][b]128 - The Sith-Imperial War - Unknown Terrors[/b][/color]

The Nagai-Tof war breaks out again and a whole colony, Morcanth, vanishes. As the Jedi and Yuuzhan Vong try to find out what happens more and more strange things begin to happen . . .

Also cut short by SoZ demise. The vents of the game, it´s conclusion and interpretation is probobably the only continuity issue we have to this day [face_tongue]

[b][color=purple]128 - The Sith-Imperial War - The Force War[/color][/b]

The direct follow up to Turning Point by Sinre. We go on where Turning Point ended. Kol and Wolf return to Coruscant to learn of the unauthorized attack on Bastion and try to keep damage small. Lots of battles, now with the sith involved, begin to build up and it all develops towards a great showdown over Anaxes. Shown in Sinre´s Fanfic Betrayal´s Aftermath.

I actually don´t really know what happened after I left the board.

[color=seagreen][b]129 - The Sith Imperial War - Betrayal´s Aftermath[/b][/color]

Sinre´s story (short novel?) shows what happened to the characters after the evetns of the four games above. Portraying the Battle of Anaxes and in typical Sinre-style many other battles and how many plotline are concluded. The GA wins Anaxes, but it is a victory at a high price. The Sith overcome their internal sturggles and destroy all those intenral enemies that had tortured them for so long . . . and

12. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I can remember being in the original game back in the day. I may have to join one again.

About the AoD rpg sinre...Is the ranks and such going to carry over from the group?

13. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    I'm busy working on the Dominion of Darkness spin-off, Nemi. If you have time, I'd love to see you join.

14. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    The Force Monstrosity cometh. [face_devil]

can't wait to see what you have planed for him since you decided to destroy his body :p

15. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I got the impression that they were.
    Either my Master mentioned it somewhere, or somthing else.
    But I could be wrong.

16. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    We should think about how to make ABYverse more approchable to newbies. To reflect on the ongoing discussion in the Social Thread . . .

17. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    I think what may be perceived as daunting to new players is that fact that most of the ABY games have the same people playing them and recurring characters. It may make new players think it's tougher/impossible for them to get in to an "exclusive" game (same players over and over) and recurring characters (story lines that new people don't know).

I think we need to just be more explicit and forward in saying that we WANT new people, and maybe for new games, make sure the balance between new and old players is somewhat even.

18. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Or have the old ones take to playing some all new characters with new adventures. Like me Roma Qatar! :D

......Assuming nothing bad happens that'll prevent her existence [face_skull]

....*goes to writing his post* >.>

EDIT: It might be another moment of "lost in translation" but one sentence seems to suggest that Tenk has a cybernetic eye which he doesn't :p I'm going to guess that you meant to compare how a cybernetic eye is destroyed when compared to an organic one Fins?

19. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I think it´s my mistake. I thought Tenk had an cybernetic eye and mentioned it . . . but I seem to have been wrong . . . so sorry Fin. [face_blush] I actually kinda convinced him.

20. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Aaahhh...I see [face_laugh]

So Sirak...how is it that the people your characters know tend to go blind? :p ...Or die. Or both [face_laugh]

21. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I don´t know. Maybe she is so beautifull, it is better for the guys to go blind! Makes it bareable!

:p

Mad. Many go mad, too. Simeon Ternor, Eydan Skorne, now Si Kya and Tenk . . . looks not to mentally healthy, too! :eek:

22. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Yeah, I think that would be a good idea. Even I think they are pretty daunting and I am not a newbie. :p I think it's partly because they are so large.

23. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Well I meant Mischa too, who's died and gone blind [face_laugh]

Tenk's still in there! :p Just got some horrible shock treatment but he's still got his senses! ...Somewhat.

24. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Sirak, are you going to play a Sith?

-b-

25. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Dunno yet. There are plans for Kira Romar to reappear. Probably not for the whole game, but partial. And I don´t know if I still have Kol Skywalker. I guess somebody else took him when I was on Hiatus. I think I would take a Sith, when I felt like a new character. I already got one, actually. The non-approved char for LordTroepfchen´s The Cold Embrace.

But so far I am concentrating on 133 ABY. I think 129 is still a little bit down the road.