main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Academy - *The NEW Role Playing Forum (RPF) Adoption's Program* - New Coordinator!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Ktala, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you, Xany, Skiara and Ktala, for the announcement, the welcome, and for choosing me.

Ktala has done exceptionally well here, so I hope to continue with her Initiative, and not mess this gig up.

Sithy has been a big contributor to this program for the last couple of months. He's posted updates, written articles, PMed people and generally assisted in the running of this place

Wow, you people really have been watching me...

So, if anyone wanting to get into the world of roleplaying on this forum, and/or seeking a mentor; put your name in here, so I can start the process off, of hitching you with a teacher.

Sooo, Ktala doesn't get an Emeritus thing going?

2. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Congrats! So, I´ll celebrate you with writing the force-user lecture, I promised you some time ago . . . FINALLY!

3. HairyWookiee12

HairyWookiee12 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2009
    Hey! I kinda' new at PolePlaying and all other attempts to learn by myself have failed. So I came here to learn how to get better at roleplaying.... And I'm currently looking for a master to teach me.

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Hi there, HairyWookiee12!

Okay, I have two potential teachers in mind, I just need to check on their availability, so consider the process underway.

Until then, I will be your interim mentor, and PMs will be heading your way soon.

LordTroepfchen, many thanks for the congrats! Look forward to seeing that article. :D

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    **Comes through the doors, whistling happily**

Ahh.. now you didn't think you were getting rid of me THAT easily, did you? ;)

Oh, I'll still be around.

I'm even working on a few ideas for classes.

Of course, if you guys have any subject in PARTICULAR that you would like to see a class on...

ASK AWAY!!!

And we shall see what we can do for you!!

*Adjust her glasses, as she goes off to find a good cup of coffee*...
    :D

6. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Following Hammer's demise as a member, I currently have no master. Can there be someone ready to accept me? :)

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I am waiting for some kind of sign, a PM or change to a sig, to show that HairyWookie has indeed paired with the teacher I have arranged.

Spike, are you sure you need one? Your roleplaying is pretty good from what I can see.

Still, I am initiating the process now.

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    The new Coordinator patrols the empty, night-time halls of the Academy, extinguishing the wall sconce candles with an upside-down metal cup attached to a metal rod.
    With next year's budget, we will upgrade to actual lightbulbs.

RPF Adoptions update

New game seeking players.

The Watchmen (a multi-generational crossover

LINK

Read the first post to see if the story interests you, and if it does, send a Character Sheet (explained on previous pages) via private message(PM) to the Games Master, eg. whoever wrote the introductory post.

[b]HairyWookiee12[/b] appears to have been offline since asking for a mentor. He has till the coming Saturday, and if still away, the teacher I arranged, will be paired with [b]Spycoder9[/b] instead.

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Puurpose of this thread

If anyone wanting to get into the world of roleplaying on this forum, and/or seeking a mentor; put your name in here, so I can start the process off, of hitching you with a teacher.

10. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Master Trimaj and Padawan Spycoder are officially a master and padawan team. I am excited about my endeavors with having a master! :)

11. jedi_killeroak

jedi_killeroak Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2005
    Hello fellow Sith and um... Jedi Sorry for being away for so long, I hope to return again by next week. ([face_praying]) For the Dark Side has grown afraid of Darth Cadaverous that it has lost my password and the email address that I used to sign up with. [face_blush]

So on that note, I want to say, Congratulatios Sith-I-5 for your promotion and Ktala for all your hard work. I hope to see you both soon... um... when I finally make the dark side my tool, not my info deleter lol..

~Darth Cadaverous~
    aka
    jedi_killeroak

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thannk you for letting us know, Spycoder, and cheers for the sentiment, JK.

Can anyone think of any subjects they would like explaining here?

If any new people are still around, post on here, or send a PM, since apart from Skiara, there was zero responses or acknowledgements to my PM invites for the Silent Cities' game.

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    BUMPing the thread with an old Yoda post of mine from Galaxy at War III: Schism of the Sith.
    Post Order 66, the Jedi Master is in hiding on Dagobah, when he senses that a Knight called Johmer, who unwisely paid a visit to General Grevious, may be regretting not just using a comlink.

[b]IC: Master Yoda[/b], [i]Ischiuto[/i]

Yoda could feel Johmer calling to him - good pair of lungs on the lad.

[color=darkgreen]- his arm!!!

He looked over quickly to his arm but he couldn't feel any pain. He couldn't feel any part of his body for that matter. Then he realized that the serum stopped flowing through his body.

He had to get out of there. For the Jedis' sake. [/color]

"Oh [i]now[/i] you are worried about the jedi." The wise jedi muttered, unsettled by the vision. "Know not what you expect us to do; Rescue Rangers we are not."

Sure, you could point at Obi Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker's rescue of Chancellor Palpatine from the [i]Invisible Hand[/i], but the operative words there were Obi Wan and Anakin, plus they had been backed up by clone-piloted starfighters and Coruscant's defense fleet.
    And anyway, [i]that[/i] hadn't been a real rescue anyway, just another permutation in Palpatine's diabolical plan

He could still remember Kenobi rushing in to one of the last Youngling lessons to have been held at the Temple.

[color=darkgreen]
    [b]Kenobi[/b] - Master Yoda! The Chancellor has been kidnapped and taken aboard General Grevious' flagship, [i]The Invisible Hand[/i]!

[b]Yoda [/b] - Dibs on his chair have I.

[b]Kenobi [/b] - This is serious, Master. Intelligence tell me the flagship isn't invisble, nor is it shaped like a hand. Where do I start?

[b]Yoda[/b] - Well, children. Lost a cruiser, Master Kenobi has.

[b]Kenobi [/b] - Do we have to do this [i]every[/i] time, Master? Can't you let just one go?

[b]Youngling[/b] - Masters, was the vessel named by a pillock?

[b]Yoda[/b] - Truly wonderful the mind of a child is.

[b]Kenobi[/b] - You said that when I found Kamino. Get over it already. [/color]

The more Yoda thought about it, the more fatalistic he got about the rescue operation. It would never work. They didn't know where Grevious was; they had insufficient forces to deploy against him; a rescue would be too high profile too early.
    In fact, if he had access to a hyperspace communicator and CIS comm codes just then, he would have called the General himself. [i]Just don't frag up the suit; that's what we're going to bury him in. [/i]

[b]Tag: no-one[/b]

OOC: Very last line sourced from Richard Pryor stand-up.

14. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Good day all,

After many years of being involved in smaller roleplaying groups, I and a few associates are looking at coming over here to participate in the very vibrant RPF that you've got going on. I'm pretty sound in my roleplaying fundamentals (though I read up on the threads in the RPF just to see what you all recommend to go from good to great) and am here for a different reason. We actually have a very novel idea for an RPG that we'd like to try out, but I'd appreciate speaking with someone on that front just to make sure that everything's done kosher. After all, new kids in school shouldn't assume they know everything. ;)

Glad to be here and look forward to getting to know you all!

15. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Welcome Trieste. Alwaysexciting to have new people here.
    Are you looking for someone to see if you are in line with the rules? That would be our Moderators Peng and Xany, as a matter of fact. Just shot them a PM and they´ll know. If they don´t, nobody does. :p

Or is it the way it is designed and created? In this case the RPR and the Game Designer Guild might help, or if the wainting list in the GDG is too long, simply post it in the Discussion boards. Someone will surely have a look at it.

Hope that helped.

16. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    That'd be the former option--being in line with the rules. Thanks for directing me to the right folks. I'll drop one of them a line shortly!

17. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    As a matter of fact I am available again as an adopter. Skiara takes a longer break from RPing due to the lack of time of doing it properly. So anybody looking for the questionable honor of becoming my Apprentice . . . contact me whenever. Sithy, please add me to the list. Thanks.

18. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    As Fin said above, I wanted to do things properly and not just "somehow". At the moment it doesn't work for me, although I had a good mentor and the game was very interesting. Sadly. I love RPG.

So if anyone is looking for a good adopter, I like to suggest Fin. :)

Thanks for everything, Fin! [:D]

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    *Rushes into classroom, shrugging into tweed jacket*

"What? What'd I miss?"

Hey, Trieste! Welcome to the RPF! I've been to your name; northern Italy, isn't it? I was very young.

Anyways..., Fins, new status noted, with gratitude, though as you can see, not much going on at the moment.

Ktala advises me that my clientele are taking tests, as an explanation for the lack of activity here.

So, Skiara, what have you learned from your time under Fins?

20. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I learned some things from him...

...how to create a character for online RP.
    ...how to post in a RPG played at these boards (this also through reading other posts).
    ...that it's not important to post every day and that it's a good average to post twice a week - once a week is fine as well.
    ...that one can take breaks, if one let's the game master (GM) know about it.
    ...and last but not least: How to play a character in an online RPG (sadly my character didn't got that far to interact with other characters).

I guess there are more things, but these are the ones I can think of right now. :D

21. Darth_Cadaverous

Darth_Cadaverous Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2008
    Dark forces can be felt and Jedi tremble and fall to their knees. Knowing that the darkness has come again. Some question, "Is it from DoD or the AoD?" Others even grab for thier own blades, ready to rush in where only fools dare to challenge. Only the truely powerful in their own right can stand and face the hound of hell. As one, they turn to face the only door that force can enter.

As they ready themselves, some even begain to tremble of the darkness that is coming, for only a very few have actually taken the challenge and barely escaped with their lives. The single doors, slowly creaking open and a shadow only stares back at them. Then the voice, that none could ever expect to hear again, in thousands of years.

"Ani? Annnniiii! Where did you go? It is very cold out here in the hallway."

The masters tremble from the coming storm as the figure bounds in, running this way, and that, always calling, "Ani, Annnniiiii! Nope, not there..."

Yes, it is Jar Jar Binks and the master Jedi run for their lives!

Yes, the worse role player is back and at this moment of typing, very tired. So on that note, I am signing off and saying good night. (Well from my stand point, for here it is 2315 and I need to be up by 530am. :( I will be back here to terrize any new person into shape.

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    HOW TO PLAY FORCE SENSETIVES ? showcasing one of Sithy?s old posts to pass the time.

I shall let LordTroepfchen do the definitive article on how to play Force Users, sometime, but until then, I have played them a few times.

One thing to consider, centrally, is to look at their attitude, and the source of it.

F is for Fearless.

Certainly in the case of the Pre-Order 66 jedi, they have been messing around with dangerous stuff since they were younglings. At the sort of age where you had stabilisers on your bikes, they were getting shot in the butt by training remotes, whilst trying to fend them off whilst blind-folded.

Unless you decide to roleplay a youngling, the character you come up with should justifiably fear almost nothing, be relatively happy to do pretty much anything, and...well, I was going to say they should be pretty confident in their own abilities, but that novel about Outbound Flight shows that that can depend on who your master is.
    Force forbid, it could be Jorus C?Boath. Man did not inspire confidence in his padawans.

In the following post, our two young protagonists, Padawans (er, students or apprentices) Alex (14 years) and ?Scout? (looks like Blade Trinity's Abigail Whistler) are part of a small band of jedi survivors of the Jedi Purge, who have managed to take over a small Imperial cruiser, re-named the Haven, and parked it in the Ylix star system.
    Never satisfied, now they have been assigned to get some soil and stuff so that a small garden can be planted onboard the cruiser. Yeah, this the sort of stuff you need to think about, in between fighting with lightsabres on the banks of Mustafar. The jedi are into sensing life and the Force in all things, so a garden makes sense.
    Room of a Thousand Fountains, anyone?

[b]IC: Padawans Scout and Alex[/b], Shady Fronds Park, Essnash City.
    [color=red]Location: Ylix[/color]

The parkland appeared quiet and deserted at this time of night, the dark blue sky jewelled with white pinpricks of starlight. One star shone brighter than the rest, dominating the heavens like a pole star.

[color=royalblue][i]If that is the [b]Haven[/b][/i],[/color] Padawan Scout thought silently, gazing up at the bright star while Alex loitered nearby, [color=royalblue][i]we?ll have to get the bridge crew to back her up a bit, so she isn?t visible from the planet.[/i][/color]

?So, blue grass.? Alex queried from beside her, playing his glowrod over the shallow hummock upon which they both stood, the damp grass beneath their boots freshly shorn, from the abbreviated blades and the not unpleasant smell. ?What?s up with that??

?[color=royalblue]What do you mean?[/color]? Scout ceased star-gazing, and followed the white beam of his glowrod.

?[i]Green[/i] grass, I get. Chlorophyll in the leaves, absorbs carbon dioxide, and bleeds out oxygen. But blue, makes no sense.?

?[color=royalblue]Maybe it's cold.[/color]?

Reluctant to return to the jedi retreat with just a ship-load of sand, the two had tapped into the planet?s information net from the comfort of the shuttle?s cockpit, searching up nurseries that supplied plants and seeds to farms; but even padawans were not immune to the curse of data-surfing, and they had gotten side-tracked, looking up better looking data.

That had led them to a landscaping site replete with pictures of places where there services had been used, and one was this park where the two had taken the risk of flying their shuttle into, just above house level to avoid the defense sensors at the city spaceport, to visit the place at night.

Seemed deserted.

?[color=darkred]Well, hello, sweet theng?[/color]?

Okay, maybe not.

Both padawans spun to see the three figures behind them at the top of the rise.

Scout?s right hand unconsciously moved to smooth the tangles out of her reddish-brown hair, as soon as she saw that they were males, while her left hung loose by the lightsabre on her left hip.

The newcomers? style of dress looked odd to the jedi apprentices, stained white togas with holes for head a

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    The coordinator climbs onto the roof of the Academy, and heads gingerly round the grey metal ventilation units, and past the odd football (soccer ball to some readers), booted up here by over-enthusiastic Beckham protégés.

He, Sith-I-5, steps up to the parapet, brings up the electro-binoculars, scanning the horizon for contributors.

So, on the tail of my last piece, where I re-printed a roleplaying post, then said something about it, I decided to do a Force-users season, talking to players that I know have played Jedi, Sith, or other, and asking them to reprint a favourite post of theirs, and then talk about it; for the benefit of new players.

The players who have been asked, and so far responded positively, are, Darth Cadaverous, pashatemur, SithStarSlayer and in the last couple days, SinRebirth. As I think of similarly-qualified players, I may ask them too, if they want to do something.

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

Ktala looks up, noticing a figure on the rooftops. She grins, as she speaks a few simple words.

<POOF!>

"Why, greetings Sith-I-5" she says as she offers him a grin, balancing on the rooftops herself, while making sure she didnt startle him TOO badly... [face_devil]

"Feeling a bit ... lonely? Why, I believe I have something that I am busy writing up that will cure that. A bit to do with Roleplaying, ... and Force User, if you will. Just give me a day or two, and I'll try to get it out to you, alright?"

She leans over, and gives him a tap.

"Umm... If you find yourself talking to yourself, quite a bit, just give me a call." Ktala looks around. "Nice rooftop. Good place to write out new stuff. But I should be getting back to work. See you in a few days..."

<Poof!>

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    <clatter>

Sith-I-5 managed to keep up the pretence that he had not heard her till she tapped on his shoulder, but this forced him to put the binoculars down and turn to Ktala.

?Oh, hi.?

?Umm... If you find yourself talking to yourself, quite a bit, just give me a call. ...? Ktala looks around. ?Nice rooftop. Good place to write out new stuff. But I should be getting back to work. See you in a few days...?

?Oh, think you are going somewhere do you?? The Coordinator smiled secretly, as the object that had been kicked out of the shadows, and behind his predecessor, snapped open, enveloping the young lady in an inverted cone of BRIGHT white light.

<Poof!>

<Snap!>

Ecto Containment Pack snapped shut, plunging the roof into a darkness that was momentarily disorientating.

Sithy grinned down at the slightly smoking metal box, the size of a shoebox, the twin lid flaps striped in yellow and black warning chevrons. Wisps of grey vapour sieved through the seal. ?Did you get her??

?Nope, she ?poofed? away too quickly.? A big-shouldered, crimson-eyed twi?lek stepped out of the shadows.

?Ah, she?s an elusive one. Look forward to seeing her article.? Sithy nodded at his favourite character to roleplay, the Force-using Extra-ordinary Powered Entity and SGIS agent, Mitch Nifesta. ?Introduce yourself to the Ladies and Gentlebeings, Mitch.?

The twi?lek, who stood at least a head taller than the roleplayer, looked about the roof. ?Uh, no-one else here; just you, me-? He stepped back sharply for no apparent reason, deftly avoiding the dollop of guano that spattered into the gravel between them at thirty metres per second! ?-and the pidgeon. Force Sight, that was.? Nifesta grinned. ?You do not have to only feature it in combat scenes, you know?? He pointed a pale finger skywards. ?Thanks to 'Force Sight', that hawkbat would have to get up pretty early to land one on me.?

"And woe betide if you ever have the presence of mind to do Force Deflection." Sithy chuckled at the thought.

"Oh, you are sick."

"What?"

Go here to look up Force Sight on the Star Wars wikipedia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.