main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Acolyte Official “The Acolyte” Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth Chiznuk , Apr 22, 2020.

1. TheSithApologetic

TheSithApologetic Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2022
    Think of this way. Training to become Sith doesn’t make one a Sith. Since the Old Republic, Acolytes trained to become Sith. They were never been given the title until their trials are complete. This is even in the codex of the game:

That being said, I think the trick here is having them train to become Sith. Rule of Two Sith always acted in shadows. They didn’t want to bring attention to themselves until the time was to right. They talked to people, mingled with crowds and other influential individuals, and used go-between a and such in a vast network. They kept their Sith identity anonymous to the best of their ability.

The thing is we’ve seen Sith acolytes and wannabes after TPM(Ventress, Savage). After the Sith revealed themselves to the Jedi.

I’m not counting potential replacements like Darth Venamis or Darth Maul. Tenebrous and Sidious had those in mind to already replace their apprentices/master. Just like how Darth Zannah recruited Seth or Bane to Cognus. But it was close-knit and contained. Training a bunch of wannabes at once risks exposure and potential breach if one of those acolytes decided to go to the Republic to tell them a long-dead order isn’t really dead. Unless the Sith master doesn’t tell them he’s Sith, but rather disguises himself to be a part of a different religion and reveals himself as a Sith Lord once the prime candidate completes that training, and then he introduces and knights them into the Order.

Sure, it has been Sith tradition to have multiple wannabes vie for the title of Darth, but in the context of post-Old Republic, it seems strange unless the Sith Lord cut everyone’s communication off and left them all in remote planets and watched from afar.

If the leaks are true, I’m having a feeling Aura’s friend Penn is a Sith master in disguise as an acolyte. That would make sense.

Now on them infiltrating the Jedi Temple, it’s not far fetched. But to what degree is questionable. Zannah made a quick infiltration to get info on orbalisks and Tython, Odair fully infiltrated it during the Old Republic. Didn’t the leaks also mention there’s an espionage episode?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  2. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    BTW, the name of that song is....
    Sith Rule!

3. TheSithApologetic

Jun 8, 2022
  4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
  5. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
  6. Why are you making fun of me? first English is not my first language so it is difficult for me to communicate sometimes and i use a translator

7. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    To play devil’s advocate, 4Chan did have a genuine Mando season 3 leak a few months ago....

(Though I highly doubt this is real)

TheSithApologetic likes this.
  8. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    the validity isn't the issue

there's dozens of places dedicated to posting about the latest gossip around all these star wars projects

there's no reason to go to a website that actively promotes hate speech of all kinds just to look for rumors about a star wars show

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Sorry Harloxzz. Was meant to be just a lighthearted dig, and didn’t mean to offend. I know that depending on the language you’re translating from, there may not be punctuation included in the translation. So apologies and no worries!

10. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    My intention was not to make fun of you, Harloxxz. I did not realize you were using a translator, let alone one that does not feature punctuation. I just wanted to reorganize the string of words into something more like a song. Odd, I know, but when we have so few production reports, I pass the time in strange ways, sometimes.
    I'm sorry that it was interpreted as making fun of you. I'm sorry.

Bor Mullet and Riv_Shiel like this.
  11. TheSithApologetic

Jun 8, 2022
    I just relayed a post from there. I’m on the SW Discord and Reddit and that link appeared on there. Sadly it is fake, but it doesn’t mean everything that makes it way there is not valid. Tales of the Jedi leaks made their way there and they were legit as they come.

Ah I wasn’t aware of the hate speech part. Won’t post it again. From now on just links from SWLeaks or Twitter(not as bad as 4chan)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2023
  12. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Anyone think the current The High Republic series of novels with Marchian Ro and the "current" bad guys will play a part in any way, or will it just be a reference to those events "here and there" and that's that?

Because I hope that they factor into the series in a solid way, even if it's just backstory (albeit backstory that heavily influences the events of the series).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  13. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    The time gap between the novels and the show is pretty big, 150 years I think maybe even more. And also the novel series probably won't be concluded by the time the show comes out, so they'd probably have to be very careful to avoid any spoilers. Since it is set in the High Republic era I'd expect the occasional Easter Egg but nothing major. And honestly I'm good with that. Since onscreen material has messed with books in major ways recently, I'd prefer it showrunners just stay away from the novel content and leave it to do it's own thing.

14. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Thanks for the SitRep!

That's great.

I recall that The High Republic series of novels is more of an experiment on how well the authors can craft their own story, correct me if I'm wrong.

theorenwulf likes this.
  15. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Agree. Although a hologram of live-action Marchion would be great)

InterestingLurker likes this.
  16. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    References would be fine.

I feel like the novels feel too removed from the live-action and other TV show stuff nowadays.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  18. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Anything for you, Liam Neeson.

19. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    Yeah the High Republic era was created by the writing team behind them and the idea was to give the literature side of things a space in the timeframe where they can do what they want without treading on the toes of any TV shows or other stuff. So far it is pretty good, though with variances in quality that are to be expected in such a large project. A final judgment obviously needs to be withheld until the novel series is actually finished.

Because of this origin of the High Republic I kinda hope that they don't set any projects too close to the novels and tread on their toes. But since the era itself is several centuries there is enough space to do something with it outside of the timeframe of the novels and Acolyte is the first step in that direction, which I'm really looking forward to. The novels might have variances in quality but the general era is really intresting and has loads of storytelling potential outside the novels storyline.

20. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Yeah I don't suspect this show will interfere with the novels at all as this show will likely take place a century or more from when the novels are happening.

I'm sure they chose the end of the High Republic era for a reason.

As far as Marcheon Ro being referenced? It's possible but I imagine the Nihil will have faded from most people's memory by the time this show takes place a century later.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
  21. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    Spare us the virtue signaling. Everyone's acutely aware 4 chan is a cess pool. Anyone who has followed leakers for the last decade is also acutely aware alot of MCU and other IP leaks get posted on 4 chan first. No one has to like or condone the site. It is what it is. No one's going to award you any points for standing up on your high horse and yelling into the void about what's right and wrong. We get it.

22. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    first of all lol

second, actually the person I quoted responded that they were not aware

23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    You had me until you said virtue signaling.

24. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    Lol indeed.

So if he/she wasn't aware why scold the user before you yourself are aware of how unaware said user really is.

25. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    I didn't scold them, I asked them why they are linking to a garage site