main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Acolyte Official “The Acolyte” Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth Chiznuk , Apr 22, 2020.

1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    @ZV-83 Yeah that's a good one, I prefer the more gothic feel of Williams score. They're both have that foreboding feeling but I feel the darker, deeper tones of Williams version just gives it the edge for me.

2. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm really looking more and more to this series for some reason. I'm digging the High Republic era a lot.

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Same here. I have grown quite fond of a few of the characters which has helped to quickly invest me in the specific era.

Vern is the bee's knees.

4. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    The High Republic is the best! :)

5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    The last book was amazing. I couldn't put it down and let me tell I fear whats to come. The jedi will face those plants and they are no joke

6. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I think I'm going to have to give the books a go... not really an EU guy, but I very much am a weird plant monster guy.

7. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    Dayum. That would be a nice prospect.

ZV-83 and Kato Sai like this.
  8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    It would make her look like Darth Zannah, perhaps giving us the closest thing to a Zannah type character.

[​IMG]
    Darth Zannah

9. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    so in a star wars chronological watch thru.. the acolyte will be the beginning of the saga?

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Correct. It will be like seeing Vader reveal he is Luke's father in Episode V after having watched 1-4. When Sidious asks "Have you ever heard the legend of Darth Plagueis the Wise?", we'll all be like, "Yeah".

11. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    i hope so. we will know more than Anakin.. hopefully we will know Anakin was created by Palpatine :)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  12. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Wasn't he created by Plagueis?

Mostly Handless and Kato Sai like this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Nah, the force as a conterpoint to Plagueis immortality thing. He's a child of the force as Shmi tells even now in canon.

14. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    still think the sith planted him in shmi by the will of the force

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    they tried in the legends plaguies book, i believe, but the will of the force and the dark side dosen't really work together. As the sith and the dark side is an ubalance.

Mostly Handless and ZV-83 like this.
  16. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Palpatine is goong to be the father of everyone if they do that. :p

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think we get mutch more into nightsisters in this show and the main character is a potential future sith lord. Maybe mother Talzing origin story. Darth Plagueis will be like Palpatine of the OT, he's out there and you only see him here and there. Dooku and Syfo dyas will someohw be involed. I think this show and any potenial spin off will serve as an origin story for the fall of the Republic and the jedi order. We will get Palpatine's story down the line in the timeline.

whostheBossk, Darth Sareas and ZV-83 like this.
  18. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    If this show does end up focusing on the witches of Dathomir, as some of us suspect, and if the Mandalorian’s Morgan Elsbeth was partly introduced as a way of hinting at that, then I would personally love for the way witchcraft is depicted in this series to focus more on martial arts or other similar physical empowerment.

I strongly dislike effects-heavy depictions of witchcraft on TV, such as can be seen in Buffy, Charmed, certain modern shows, and in TCW’s Nightsisters. It just looks bad in my opinion. So I would not want to see that transferred to the live action series.

Instead, I think an original take like martial arts would work better. Or if not that, then at least some of the more “historical” versions of witchcraft, like seeing the future or healing/poisoning or casting non-visible spells that affect reality indirectly. Penny Dreadful was pretty good at showcasing witchcraft in a cool and scary way.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Not interested in witchcraft nonsense, so hope that’s not a major element of the show.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  20. Charmbracelet

Charmbracelet Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 24, 2020
    I love me some Charmed and I enjoy the Nightsisters in TCW, but I would also prefer the witchcraft, if it is going to be apart of this show, to be more potion-based, have scrying, etc.. The green TCW magic can be saved for specific instances. I did like the glowing bows they had, though.

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I mean withcraft is major part of star wars now, TCW, Rebels Fallen order and potenial TROS with ressurection.

22. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m aware. It’s just that those are some of my least favorite elements of Star Wars. I only roll with it if something like necromancy/ resurrection happens very rarely, and is treated as a very, very big (and evil) deal. Witches casually doing stuff like that, without any major consequences or commentary on it, is where the idea really loses me. It just turns what should be considered something incredibly bad into a mundane matter of daily potion-brewing and spell-casting. Don’t like it. But totally fine if others do.

Riv_Shiel and Mostly Handless like this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well ressurection only happenned once with palps and in TCW only happenned was your normal witchcraft. MAul regained himself, Savage got bigger and stronger, green lighting, zombies and little more. You could argue mother Talzin died during th jar jar arc and she ressurected herself by taking some of Dooku's power. So ressurection i think will nver really happen unless it's big, maybe they'll explain Palpatine used their magics. And all this witchcraft and magic is said to be different use of the force, the dark side.

24. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    It was Zalem all along.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    What if the jedi were once mistaken for witches and witchcraft, and there was awitch hunt for jedi in old ages like in the salem stories.

Lulu Mars likes this.