main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Acolyte Official “The Acolyte” Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth Chiznuk , Apr 22, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    make the story yess thorw in characters who make sene and are alive in that era, like Yoda, Dooku, Plagueis, you can have the wookie jedi's from the high republic books. if you wan you can oso have Oppo Rancis and the long neck jedi from TPM.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Considering what we know of this show, I don't think having many familiar characters appear would make a lot of sense. Any Jedi should have the potential to be killed off.

Focusing on familiar settings would be better than familiar characters. Korriban, Onderon, Dathomir, Exegol, etc.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't the only focus will be the acolyte i think there'll be focus on ther things like the jedi, so Yoda is probarly 90% a sure thing. Kinda like Andor i doubt Cassian meets with Saw or Krennic or Tarkin.

4. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    If the Acolyte is of the Dark Side and she is serving a Sith Lord then we won't be seeing Yoda, unless they want to paint him as the worst Jedi ever.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think like some some like Andor porbarly we will get perspective of the and the jedi, mostly the sith but we willalso see the jedi and the republic. Yoda and other jedi will be in but have decent role and the sith the main role. Like we see the rebels and empire in their perspective, we could see same with sith and jedi/republic.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

This show will be great, give me lady sith.

7. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I don't think having a Sith protagonist in this show automatically makes her the "good guy", at least I hope not. We just need to care about her enough and understand where she's coming from enough to follow her story, but I think there's plenty of room to have good Jedi characters in the midst of that.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think people forget, in telivision you can have more then one point of veiw.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am hoping beyond hope that this will be the first show to have zero returning characters but I am expecting somehow a Yoda or Jabba cameo

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Yoda and Dooku are likley with Jabba as ally to the sith.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Dooku would be pretty young. That would be intresting to see who they would cast there. Anyway I would still rather see all new characters

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    20 year old Dooku, so he would almost feel like anew character, and the show creator is very into the new EU. I think most will be new characters, like the lead.

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Dooku wasn't alive in 325 BBY.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This show takes place at the end of the high republic. The high republic ended sometime between 90-80BBY. Dooku is almost certainly alive.

15. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    How so, isn’t this show taking
    is about 300 years BBY?

it would probably Focus on Yoda or plagius or maybe a Skywalker ancester of Shmi

It’s just me speculating but all and all, I doubt dooku will be in it.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    IT is 50years before TPM.

whostheBossk likes this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s a really encouraging interview. It’s clear she both deeply loves Star Wars (she’s a major long-term fan who’s played RPGs, read EU stories and written SW fan fiction), and also knows how to step back to make sure she’s not just speaking fan speak. This interview should be widely read.

18. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I hope Leslye headland knows what she is doing because she is also bringing in a creative team to whom might not care about Star Wars itself.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Just like Tony Gilroy.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    But Tony Gilroy did an awesome job with the rogue one reshoots.

21. ColemanKcajFTW

ColemanKcajFTW Jedi Master star 1

Jan 14, 2014
    One. It was literally one writer in the room that Leslye Headland said was new to Star Wars. And as she says in the interview, that writer cared enough to watch Return of the Jedi, or at least read up on the character revelations that happened in it. I sincerely doubt anyone Headland chose for her team wouldn't want to make something great for the franchise.

Putting aside the fact that Headland, the main creative force of the show, is a huge Star Wars fan; that there are other people in the room who also like/love Star Wars in their own way; or that you don't really need to worry about character/universe continuity for a show that is in a totally new era. You don't need to have a deep understanding of the universe to make great characters or interesting storylines, and having a writing team with fresh perspectives might allow them to create something totally unique, something important for a project that seems to be focused around the bad guys.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  22. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    We have no idea if he did or didn't since we never saw the material the reshoots replaced. He says he did an awesome job but then he would. I think it's far more likely the material that was replaced was good in itself for the movie that they originally wanted but then they changed their minds so now it didn't fit.

I suspect the original R1 was a more coherent story but less emotional for the characters.

Where is that from? Everything I've seen says it's set in this "High Republic" era which I've not looked into at all but from the descriptions it seems odd because they talk about the final days of the High Republic era which was the height of the Jedi Order and the end of the prosperous period of the Republic. That makes no sense because that is the story of the PT.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    She read Heir to the Empire in the 90s, got my vote! Alls I needed.

24. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    People are saying the series is set 50 years prior to TPM because the High Republic era ended in 82BBY with TPM being 32BBY.

However we were just told this series is set near the end of the HR era. That doesn’t have to translate into “The Acolyte is set in the final year of the era”.

Say if it was set 90BBY, that would still be near the end of the era, since the HR lasted 218 years (began in 300BBY).

Personally I hope the era has more then 1 year left when the show begins. If the series began in 82BBY and lasted several seasons, a good chunk of the series would be early Prequel Era.

Qui-Riv-Brid and black_saber like this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well we’ve seen the film and it’s awesome so we kinda do. The other footage might be great too but that doesn’t change the fact that what Gilroy contributed made for a great movie.

The High Republic Era lasted from 200 BBY to 82 BBY. The Acolyte is said to take place at the end of the High Republic Era so around 50 years before TPM. We don’t have an exact date but that seems to be the best guess based on the information we have.