main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Acolyte Official “The Acolyte” Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth Chiznuk , Apr 22, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    of course not, but like all star wars they want to connect with rest of the saga and give the fans some taste here and there and this will finally give us the prelude to TPM.

Mandalorian is popular because it's space western and baby yoda, it's like aboba fett and yoda show.
    I don't see tihs fear of connecting it all. Movies and tw shows will do that, like Kneobi, ANdor and all others shows Will. Even THe High Republic 200 years before is connecting with stuff. We still on Corucant, we have Yoda, familiar council members from the prequels family members off known characters. along with new characters and settings.

2. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I reckon there's a 25% chance of Plagueis in the first season, based on what we know so far.

Shamear likes this.
  3. KSennia

KSennia Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I'm very interested in a show about a female darksider. I think this show could be very good. I'm disappointed it takes place so close to the prequels, although the prequel era is my favorite.

I think it will probably be great. It's just that I first heard this show took place 200 years before the prequels, and I was super excited about that. It makes sense that they want to set it up as a prequel to the prequels so that they can still have familiar characters. Once I get over the disappointment, I'll be fine.

Hearing actual character and plot leaks will most likely make me more excited. And of course if we actually get Plagueis this time - that would be amazing!!!

I wouldn't say this is my most anticipated show. I'm most excited for Thrawn, so the Filoniverse shows have my attention for now. But this could still be fun, we'll see what she does with it.

whostheBossk and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Of i hsd to guess witch we most likley see first between plagueis or Yoda. I Say Plagueis.

KSennia likes this.
  5. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I am so looking forward to this the most. I don't give a fig about the creators politics, sexual backgrounds, or anything else for that matter. If ILM/LF stays true to what George created (and even adding to the lore) them I'm fine with it. Like always, I will judge it when I see it. To speculate on any given comment from news articles even if the quote came from a show runner, I still don't care. What happens now, and what happens when the show comes out are two entirely different things.

Most of all, I hope it's fun. Because right now, watching Star Wars is fun again, thanks to the creators of TCW, and the Mandalorian.

Finally, a side of SW that needs to be explored further (IMHO). The Sith! I hope and pray it meets my expectations, which because of The Mandalorian, is very high. F&F has really set the bar high, more than any other SW creatives.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    black_saber and Shamear like this.
  6. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Say what? What exactly are you referring to?

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    My guess: alt-right youtubers are crying because there are women working on their Star War. The usual fandom menace crap.

8. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    This show has the potential to give us female Sith and Nightsisters and Plagueis to boot!

My only response to this is wow.

9. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    So is this show mostly about the dark side? I hope this show is going to be a hit.

Also Leslie headland said her lesbian identity might be in the show, and I do think it would work perfectly for the night sisters if the show is about them.

Star Wars has always been a progressive in my opinion long before Lucas sold it to Disney.

But of course Jeremy from geeks and gamers is going to hate it just like the rest of the dumb “fandom menace”

Jermey will probably pretend to hate the show just like he said off the record being interviewed that he loved “The Last Jedi”

I just hope the show feels natural about the overall story.

But the problem is the show might bomb on Disney plus and I hope I am wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2021
    Count Yubnub likes this.
  10. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I don't put any stock in the opinions of sexists, so I have no comment about what's-his-name.

I will say that a show about darkside lesbians could be one of the greatest things ever created. I don't see any chance of the show bombing.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    cwustudent and black_saber like this.
  11. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I agree totally.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Why, because of a handfull of alt-right youtubers? I doubt it. I have a feeling this show will be a huge success.

13. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    My take on LH is that she found an escape in SW which helped her deal with real life.

Like lots of us.

I'm sure that whatever she comes up with it will hopefully take people of all ethnicities, cultures and genders to a GFFA for a bit of pure escapism.

whostheBossk and DarthKreVass like this.
  14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Alt-right Youtubers and people who agree with them suffer with delusions of grandeur; genuinely believing they are the majority. They shout and scream the loudest, but that's it. They're loud and obnoxious because they know no one likes them and not many agree with them.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

You think we can see this old lady's sprung years as a wild card, she dresses almost like an high republic jedi.

MercenaryAce and Count Yubnub like this.
  16. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    Jocasta Nu was pretty awesome in the Vader comics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  17. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Her costume is no different to the standard Jedi kit except the tabards(?) are at the maximum length.

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    her dress seems more yellow and matches more what high republci jedi wore. Also in Acolyte she be what 20's or 30's, shee seems to be in her late 80's in ATOC.

19. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Could a younger version of herself be in The Acolyte? - Possibly.

Does what she wear in AOTC have any bearing on that? - No, the costume was designed way before THR was a thing. Additionally the single tabard style is more common on the Jedi in THR.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    sure the are no ties but the clothing of high republic might have the idea of clothing form some of jocusta nu.

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    According to the Wook in the Jocasta Nu entry,

In an interview featured in Star Wars Insider 75, McGrath indicated that a lot of Nu's backstory and scenes from Attack of the Clones were cut before filming and during editing, including the revelation that Nu and Count Dooku used to be in love during Dooku's days in the Jedi Order.[26]

While I’m ambivalent about this abandoned plot point, I wonder if they’ll do something with it.

22. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Maybe Cavan Scott or Claudia Gray will follow that up - was it referenced in Dooku: Jedi Lost? Jocasta may not even be born when The Acolyte is set.

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I mean she is as old as Dooku or older, she seems to be in her 80's in ATOC.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  24. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I know—we don’t know when it’s set yet—but people were speculating about seeing young Nu and young Dooku. If it’s set 50 years before TPM, it’s possible.

I don’t know if Jocasta Nu has a canonical age—the Wook doesn’t list it—but Christopher Lee and Alethea McGrath were approximately the same age, they were both around 80 years old when filming AOTC (they passed away relatively close to one another, as well). I assume that means their characters are also roughly the same age. So if we see one, we might see the other too. Just speculating, obviously.

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I really do hope to see Jocasta New.