main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Acolyte Official “The Acolyte” Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth Chiznuk , Apr 22, 2020.

1. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Maybe the entire series is about Jocasta Joestar, and we learn that she is the great great great+++ granddaughter of Jonathan Joestar.

2. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    The Acolyte ends with the protagonist saying:

"If the Sith are to defeat the Jedi, it must be from within. To infiltrate their ranks I will need to adopt a new identity. To become someone... Nu."​

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    Count Yubnub likes this.
  3. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I wonder what happened to Jocasta Nu’s son, Idoepus Nu.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  4. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    “Kono Plagueis Da!”

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I want that Jocosta nu and Dooku love story, and how he became sith because she rejected him later.

6. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I want that story, and I want it nu.

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    Might we see earlier incarnations of the Trade Federation, Techno Union, etc.?

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    This is the one show I'm the most worried about. I really don't want them to mess up this part of the timeline.

9. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    I’m very excited for this show. My main concern is that they’ll incorporate an interpretation of Sith history that the EU used, which I think was a mistake. And that is how the Jedi learned about the Sith rule of two.

Based on a recent interview with Headland, part of the thinking behind the show’s time period is to explore what happened in the galaxy to set things up for TPM. This and what little else we know makes me wonder if the story might involve the Jedi learning about the possible continued existence of the Sith, and thereby learning about the rule of two.

The EU did something similar by having the Jedi encounter Bane after the destruction of the Sith. But the reason this sort of “discovery” tale doesn’t work is that in the movies and TCW, both the Jedi and the Sith treat the rule of two as something inherent to the way the Sith work. It’s not a new development or the last bit of info they learned about them before the Sith were destroyed. It’s just how the Sith exist for long periods of time.

The Jedi knew about Bane and the rule of two not because they discovered it after the destruction of the Sith. That never made sense. The Sith would need to have existed for most of their history as a two-person order, long before they were thought extinct. It explains why the Jedi know very well both about Bane and his reformation. It happened near the beginning of Sith history.

So that’s my only real concern in terms of what the show could introduce about the timeline. So far the new canon has done a fairly decent job of sticking to a version of Sith history that makes sense, with a few exceptions here and there (looking at you, Maul comic). So I’d hope they don’t start making it more like the EU’s version of Sith history, which stubbornly made the Sith a thousands-strong order multiple times (as opposed to just at first) despite knowing from the get-go there were only supposed to be two (-ish) at any time.

cwustudent likes this.
  10. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I’d prefer they follow any rough outlines provided in the TPM novelization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I read the high republic books and comics and are quite good and give some context for what nmight happen during this the era of this how and what we see in the PT trilogy. Also with some species living for a long time i wound't be surprised if saw some familiar jedi during this era, like some wookie jedi and other species. Maybe give Yaddle little screentime. I can see this show going for 5 or 6 seasons to cover the early years into the dark age of the republic when it becomes corrupt, maybe some time jumps in between to get closer to TPM. Maybe like Mandalorian, we get one of two spin offs of this era. Maybe before or during it or even after. A young Palpatine and Plaguies series just print money for itself, just saying.

whostheBossk and DarthRamRod like this.
  12. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    This show is lower on my list of anticipation but I'm sure it's going to be good. I'd love it to have a creepy ambience.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    Riv_Shiel likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    This is my most anticipated show, even more then Kenobi. We will see the sith again, this show will kinda work like TPM, the sith in the shadows corrupting the republic and the senate, even the jedi order. We will see Master Yoda again, maybe jedi knight Dooku, We could see more of the TPM jedi.

14. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Shouldn't that be more like you hope that this sort of stuff will happen?

Because right now we know basically nothing about the show. Saying that it will definately include stuff when we know absoutely nothing about it, is an easy way to create disappointment for yourself when it might be completely different.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    What we know is it be a prequel of sorts to TPM, we Will get know how it all turned around when go to TPM. We know it Will be about sith in hiding. And any big character cameo is very likley. The only known sith before Palpatine is Plagueis. On what Lesley Headland has said about it. Also there Will be some connected tissue in this like Mandalorian, Kenobi, Andor and bad batch has.

16. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    I reckon initially it'll be set ~132 BBY, no Plagueis.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It will most likley be 50 years before TPM, so characters like Yoda and Plagueis is likley. Lesley Headlend the way she talks about.

18. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    The "High Republic era ends 50 years before The Phantom Menace" idea is entirely based on one quote by James Waugh, Vice President of Franchise Content and Strategy, in a promotional video for the Chinese web-novel The Vow of Silver Dawn.

I'm not taking that as set-in-stone canon at this point, personally.

19. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    We know that it plays quite some time prior to TPM, with no word on how it connects to that movie. We know that there is some sort of darkside element to it, but no word about it being about Sith in hiding. The latter is just a rumour from a website that claims to have insider information. We know nothing about which character will appear in it or what sort of cameos we could expect. We also have zero idea whether there is any noteworthy connection to other tv-shows.

Some of these things might actually happen, but there is no reason to just take rumours, gossip and wishes, and automatically assume that they must be true. Basically, you assume that X is true, and since X is true Y and Z are also likely to happen and therefore are happening. Not only does the existence of X not somehow turn the likelyhood of Y and Z into a fact, but the existence of X itself is already just a rumour of unknown quality.

It just makes little sense to me to run around making matter-of-fact statements on things which aren't actually a fact, but instead rumours and guesses ranging from very plausible to straight up made up. Why not let facts be facts, and rumours be rumours?
    There has been plenty of stuff in the past that turned out to be completely wrong after all. And it's not like one cannot talk about how things would be like if a rumour would be true.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The way Lelsey Headlend talks about also sounds like just sometime before TPM.
    I don't remember what site it's from but Lelsey Headland talked about a sith in training, aslo with way she talks about the jedi and republic, i think we see plenty of jedi and senate. Connections wether confirmed or not will happen for one simple reason it has to all other shows and movies. Like we could get heavy on what we see in TPM, maybe even what we see in ATOC and clone wars series and ROST. If this is 50 years before the saga, then only one or two sith before Palpatine is there, Plagueis or his bith master. Star Wars bring back characters that makes sense for the story and era, witch is why Palpatine coming at the end of the saga kinda works. I know sometimes fans like to go with low expectations because of what they saw with the ST or PT. But Mandalorian gives you the high expectations, Ahsoka and Luke. And what i talks about is not even that, Yoda and Plaguies are realtic stuff that can happen. They aere their masters of their order at the time.

21. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    The assumptions are strong with this show.

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I have chosen not to partake in WandaVision-Level speculation. [face_no_way]

It will never match up to the hype the fandom has!

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I feel this show like Kenobi and Andor will have Saga feelings of storytelling. This will be now an important starting point for the Saga, watched before TPM.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if we could see Mandalore during this time and era, connecting it to Mandalorian, Clone Wars and Rebels. Maybe the sith starts the coming mandalorian wars Jango fights in and the jedi comes involved in like Qui gon and Kenobi. In legends Dooku was involved in mandalorian conflicts as a jedi. If this show and it's futre stoytelling covers 50 years maybe we see the start of mandalore returning to it's roots as we see in clone wars again.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    With recent sith book coming out and showing Darth plagueis first canon appearance as this dark shadow over Palpatine. It feels like they are teasing his return in a big way. They almost never mentions him outside of few mentiones in novels and in this we only see him in a cloak with sith eyes. I could very well be wrong, but I feel like they are making his return to feel big like in a tv show.