main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Acolyte Official “The Acolyte” Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth Chiznuk , Apr 22, 2020.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well I mean there is a start, as there needs to be the creation of sentient life :p

but yes there is no end

2. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    True and we could go 100,000 years in the past or 100,000 years in the future and still no beginning or ending.

Maybe even explore a whole new galaxy. Anyways let’s talk about leslye headlands show..

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Russian Doll is easily one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. This announcement has me intrigued.

Just please please please don’t have the female hero of this female-centric show give the villain a big kiss to show her appreciation to them.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    KSennia likes this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Only...shows about witches don’t exactly gave the best track record.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    To be fair though Headland took a pretty boring concept that’s been done to death and made an incredibly unique show out of it. I’d trust her.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Having seen and loved Russian Doll, I trust her almost completely. Just not to do a show about witches. I have too many bad memories about being forced to watch Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Can’t shake the fear.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

8. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    She sounds like a strong choice, but I can't bring myself to watch Russian Doll.

9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Why not?

10. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I find myself in a similar situation. I’ve heard a lot of good things about it. I want to watch it eventually I’m just very picky about what and when I watch things. The stars pretty much have to align in the shadow of Jupiter for me to crack into a new series and the I binge it and question why I didn’t earlier.

11. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I doubt they're going to explore the post-episode IX era for a while at least. Maybe something closer to TFA or during the PT era (the time between TPM and AotC has so much potential) or before TPM.

black_saber likes this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I know what the original report said about a different timeline but since the official announcement made no mention of it I’m gonna guess this is the Ahsoka series. Probably with Filoni’s involvement similar to how he’s involved with The Mandalorian. It just seems Disney really wants to capitalize on the character’s popularity which has really never been greater than it is now.

Darthur C. Clarke and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    This is a Young Leia series. Just wait. :cool:

14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I really want that. But not getting my hopes up.

15. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003

I need to get around to playing this game

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It’s great and Merrin is a great character. I would love to see more of her.

Demon4x4 and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  17. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    It looks super fun, I’ve watched the walkthrough videos of the first two worlds. Recently I got caught up in playing through AC Origins again, so maybe after that.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I just finished Origins myself. If you like Origins I’m sure you’ll like FO too. The world building in both are the games strongest points. There’s just so much to explore.

starfish likes this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I love a nightsister story, Merrin from fallen order was the best character. MAybe this is the Ahsoka one or Qira one as it involves martial arts.

black_saber likes this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    See it's perfect for me because I'm a big fan of Natasha Lyonne, so Russian Doll has jumped to the top of my to-watch list.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I loved Wizards of Waverly place. What are you talking about :p

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I’ve said it in almost every thread but I want new characters. An Aphra, Ahsoka or Merton show would be cool but why can’t we have a new character to love? That’s my hope.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I thought we were getting that with Mandalorian. And what I mean by that is completely new characters with no relationships with existing characters. We haven’t gotten that in a long time. Maybe not even once since the Disney buyout.

I want a show or comic or whatever to go it’s whole run without bringing in pre existing characters

DannyD likes this.
  24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    And I mean regardless with every new show there'll be new characters. It won't be all Cassian and K2 all the time- they'll have what I'm sure will be a varied and unique supporting cast.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    So not a Bounty Hunter or Rebel/Resistance fighter or Stormtrooper or Padawan.
    Not an Orphan scraping to survive and find their place in the Galaxy.

What about some ordinary suburban teenage girl from the high rise flats of Coruscant. Fanning out over hologram videos of music star heartthrobs... sort of a mix of the tween characters seen in lots of Disney series and kids from the high rises of Hong Kong. And this very ordinary, unspecial, kid accidentally finds herself dragged into some increasingly over the top Galactic Adventure.