main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Acolyte Official “The Acolyte” Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth Chiznuk , Apr 22, 2020.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Unfortunately she stopped being a Jedi before Ben was born. So she was a Jedi in training for less then 9 months. So a series about her jedi training would be short. Then again maybe they just want a series that lasts 1 or 2 seasons.

Leia training to be a Jedi would work better in a large picture animated series between RoTJ and TFA. Anthology which jumps around that period telling various tales.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  2. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I don’t mind those roles but we already know and love characters like Aphra etc. I’m not opposed to her getting a show, similar to how I’m excited for a Cassian.

My desire however would be for entirely new characters being the focus and branching out. Expand the galaxy.

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think Pliolite was talking about about a young Leia series set prior to A New Hope...

wobbits and Def Trooper like this.
  4. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Yeah, that's pretty much my feeling. I don't usually enjoy gimmicky plots, and this particular one has been done so often I just can't motivate myself to watch. I'm happy to hear she does something new with it though. I'll probably watch someday and enjoy.

As for young Leia possibility, that would be great. Nightsisters, too.

The cool thing though is that Leslye seems very talented. The creatives they've hired recently have been good choices.

black_saber likes this.
  5. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    On a whim, I watched Russian Doll when it dropped, and again the next week. It's not often I rewatch something so soon. It's a great series, and I'm really excited about what Leslye will create.
    Speaking of Natasha, she makes an appearance in Oh Jerome, No on Hulu. That miniseries is also incorporated into the FX series Cake on Hulu. I just started watching Cake today, and it's bonkers. It's a mish-mash of bizarre shorts, both live action and animated.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I only watched the first episode of Russian Doll, and I absolutely hated it. It had everything I despise in modern television: completely unlikeable characters (all of them), an overly edgy tone (which always comes off as incredibly childish to me), and excessive swearing, because that's apparently what passes for good writing these days.

That being said, I've no intention of pre-judging this show because of that. In fact, I'm really excited about it. I think it's great that we'll finally have a woman as the main creative voice behind a SW project (not counting books), and that they mention that it'll be placed in a new place in the timeline is very exciting.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh I know. Mandalorian has been that up until the second season. The Mandalorian also has shown they could do that for a whole shows run.

8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I really didn’t like the first episode either. To the point of deciding to quit. Then someone convinced me to keep going and it got a lot better, IMO.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This was my experience too. I watched it after the rumor of her involvement with Star Wars first appeared and it takes a couple episodes to really get going. Eventually though the character becomes much more likable as you learn more about her and her past. She becomes very sympathetic.

Siphonophore and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Quality is better than quantity. But you know what’s better than both? Quality quantity!

With all the great showrunners and directors and writers and DPs and actors they’re attaching to these shows, there’s no reason (except for bad luck) that these all can’t be top notch. And then if one’s a dud? At least we’ll have a bunch of others that aren’t.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  11. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    Okay look, we have no idea what this show is gonna be.

Stupid pitch #2875: Line of Duty in the Star Wars universe.

The protagonist is a Jedi Knight of the Old Republic dispatched to a Core system to root out corruption within the local police force and political class. Deception and thrills ensue...

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Elan Sleazebaganno attempting to support his family in Star Wars: Breaking Battlefront

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean he does have a daughter in canon after he apparently rethinks his life. As he can be seen by Leia taking his daughter to some event.

14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Sleazebaganno: A You Want To Go Home and Rethink Your Star Wars Story

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  16. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I am preying for a nightsisters show, but I think it might be a one and million chance.

17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Caller: Hi. May I speak with Saw Gerrera?
    Saw: Did you call here... to kill me?
    Caller: Uh...that doesn’t make any...sorry, I’m looking for Saw Gerrera?
    Saw: Bor Gullet.

*phone call drops*

18. MadBoomBoom

MadBoomBoom Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    too much, really? So i guess seeing seeing your wife or kids everyday is tiresome too? TOO much?I guess I won't see my wife for a few years.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Knock it off and get back on topic. Thanks.

20. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    It's not too much, and I don't think it will all be going simultaneously. These are just shows that are at some stage of development. It could be years before we see this. And for all we know, this show could be like... a limited series of 6-10 episodes and that's it. We can't assume an ongoing thing of 7 seasons of 25 episodes each. Nor should we assume that. Kenobi is supposedly a limited series of 6 episodes. Mando is like 10 episodes, maybe 35-40 minutes each. They can do whatever they like for format now. And one or two shows airing new each year? No that doesn't seem like too much to me.

IlhamKamaruddin and El_Machete12 like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    1-2 animated shows and 1-2 live action shows a years sounds great. Basically Starwars every week

22. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I am a little cautious about the show because I worry that it will have real life politics and not about Star Wars itself.

I see a 50/50 chance that the show will be a hit or a miss. I don’t have a problem with a female lead, just as long it fits the overall story.

When this show happens I still want it to be a nightsisters show.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    Darth Smurf likes this.
  23. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Wait... when has Star Wars ever NOT had real life politics?

24. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    never

25. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah the star wars the title refers to are all wars with elements based on real life politics and history.

I feel like this is like the dude who tweeted Tom Morello to leave politics out of his music... like what machine did you think they were raging against?