main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Acolyte: Leslye Headland, High Republic-era Disney+ Series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, May 4, 2020.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Indeed. I'm about 51% ambivalent about the High Republic era (so far), but I am happy we have so many projects so it's possible to cast ones net out.

2. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    This is intriguing and exciting news.. I'm not sure if I'd rather they be the original Nightsisters or actual Sith.

3. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    As one of the lucky who has read previews, it definitely is an era and characters worth it! Can't say more yet!

Dream-Thinker likes this.
  4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Darth Tenebrous and his Twi’lek Master? (They lived 200 years before the movies).

Daneira likes this.
  5. Xander Vos

Aug 3, 2013
    The more I think about it the more I'm 99% certain this will be a failed Sith Apprentice who founds the Nightsisters.

AusStig, Dream-Thinker and darthzac14 like this.
  6. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    No need for a Sith Apprentice but hey, bring on Allya!

7. Xander Vos

Aug 3, 2013
    No but I think that would be the perfect in for them. Could have the first season her with her Sith Master evading the Jedi and causing general mayhem, and then that open the door to her finding Dathomir and branching out.

8. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I'd be all for it but timeline says nope as Dathomir and witches already exist in canon at that point in time. They do since way before 400BBY.

9. Xander Vos

Aug 3, 2013
    Hm ok then it's a bit odd. The name Acolyte just screams witches to me.

10. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Sith rule of two master and apprentice of the high republic era and the rund in the force of 200bby

11. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    According to The Star Wars Book, the High Republic era lasts from 300 BBY to 100 BBY. If this show focuses on the end of that era, then we'll be pretty close to the PT

12. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Do we have a release date for this show? It seems like everything announced is a couple years away

13. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    I wonder if we won't see Yaddle, cause in Legends that was around the time she was trapped underground. XD

MercenaryAce likes this.
  14. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    I dunno, I think it's a surefire way to expand the readership of that project – beyond us nerds who post on Star Wars fora.

15. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    TBH, readers of SW books and comics pale in comparison to the number of people watching SW TV shows. Even if all the other High Republic works are total failures, I don't think it will have much impact on how the general audience view the series.

Certainly I don't think the show will expect viewers to be up to speed with the HR literature - any crossovers will be akin to Cobb Vanth in The Mandalorian, ie fully explained for those not in the know.

16. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    Which is how you should do it.

Riv_Shiel and darklordoftech like this.
  17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Notice also how they said this is near the TALE END of the High Republic Era.

So...Maybe in a weird way....The show is kinda where it's all leading too.

18. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    Definitely, but if a High Republic series looming on the horizon gets the general SW audience curious about the book/comic project, that's a win for Disney.

19. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    The unfortunate thing is they chose 200 years before TPM for the new publishing initiative specifically because it wouldn’t conflict with anything else, and now we get something that’s going to take place in more or less the same time period, which completely eliminates the whole point of the High Republic in the first place. If this ends up being about Darth Tenebrous’s Twi’lek master, I will probably literally jump for joy, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  20. Xander Vos

Aug 3, 2013
    But conflicting with itself is sort of fine, isn't it? The concept is more it doesn't conflict with anything pre-existing.

I still think it should be 1,000 BBY not 200 but I've come to a point of acceptance over that.

21. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    naw cause there going for the specific point of when the Sith create the rund in the force so its gotta be 200

22. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Potentially, but I'm sceptical as to how much of the audience will also look at the books - a fraction will, probably not to the level of corporate expectations.

23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Given Lesley Headland being a big Star Wars officanador (She watches Star Wars explained videos for goodness sake) I wonder how Legends friendly it will be if it has anything to do with the Sith.

However if there is one person to read the various books and comics of the High Republic, it will be her.

24. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    There is no conflict even though HR era books/comics are technically set in the same era as The Acolyte.

HR era begins 300bby and ends 100bby. Great Disaster happens on 232bby. With the Acolyte happening near the end of the HR, there is more then 100yr gap between the books and this tv series. Other then Yoda (and that wookiee apprentice if he is alive), none of the Jedi cast of the books/comics will be alive to show up in The Acolyte unless we get flashbacks.

If we see Jedi in The Acolyte, it will be the last generation of the HR. I bet their style will be closer to the PT era.

I’m hoping The Acolyte will create further interest in more HR on tv. I’m interested in seeing a dawn of the HR show, set around 300bby.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    My household really wants this to be Nightsisters instead of Sith. That would also tend to fit the time period a little better.

But the fact that the logo is red and jaggedy instead of green and gaseous... means we're probably out of luck. Looking forward to the show anyway, though.