main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Acolytes of Revan v.2: Our Dark Lord Is Better Than Your Dark Lord

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Amon_Amarth, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Indeed. Finally going to get questions answered. There should be more people coming in to the thread, with the release of this.:D

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    That's be nice, but as always with these written things, Lit will steal most of discussion.

3. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    That's true but hopefully we can steal some here. Not the Lit fanatics. They won't dare come in here but maybe a lost soul.[face_devil]

4. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
  5. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    TOR box cover, Revan cover, Plagueis cover... These last weeks have been a good time to be a Star Wars fan. :cool:

I like it. Personally I dislike the 'new' bulkier/wider mask of Revan, but it is pretty awesome, nonetheless.

6. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    It's alright, but green? That's the last color Revan would go with, imo.

7. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Especially as in one of the comics he had purple, then blue/cyan in TOR videos and that vision, then red and purple in KOTOR 2.
    I'd have preferred yellow if they wanted to go for a different colour, though I suppose Bastila has it.

8. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I think that is the Exile's lightsaber. So she maybe dead.

9. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    =P~ YES. Just... yes.

A tad more Mandalorian, I'd say...

I am SO LOOKING FORWARD to reading about Canderous & his clan! :D (check out Dramatis personae!)

10. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Still can't get over the green lightsaber.

11. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    A green lightsaber is no surprise; he would not utilize a Sith weapon after his mindwipe.

Revan wielded many lightsabers with varying colors. Images of him wielding a blue one in this timeframe are ambiguous. Green for a Jedi Consular focus, perhaps?

12. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Which is exactly what goes against what is already establighted about Revan; his eagerness to go into battle and defent the Republic during the Mandalorian Wars when the Jedi Council simply wanted to sit down and debate, strikes me more as an actio of a Guardian rather then a Consular.
    On the other hand, Exile's lightsaber theory is rather interesting...

13. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    According to some of the spoiler videos I've seen, The Exile is indeed dead at the time of the game. However, I hope that doesn't mean she dies in this book, some 300 years earlier.

14. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Big Revan spoilers

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=Q5HB1O77

Not a fan of him pretty much stating that he was just a pawn during KOTOR, though I do like the idea of him influencing the Emperor's mind. I'm assuming the book will cover his capture, but this book really doesn't seem long enough.

15. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    :eek: ^^^Whoa, some pretty dramatic stuff.
    Speaking of, did anyone here start playing TOR? Thoughts?
    I'm still considering it, as MMOs are always a dangerous things combined with a busy Darth RL...

And how has everyone been? Place is pretty slow, I got back to JC fater the notifications of the upcoming Move / apocalypse (?). ;)

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *unlock at request*

With the importance of Darth Revan in the great scheme of delaying Emperor Valkorion, I wanted someone to discuss this great man with.

And the mounting rumours that he will make it across to Canon, like Grand Admiral Thrawn just has!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RafSwi7 and Lady Belligerent like this.
  17. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    *sweeps away dust*

18. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    [face_praying]

19. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Wow, the release of SWTOR and the Revan novel really killed this thread didn't it. Sad to read about the excitement for the novel, knowing how terrible it turned out to be. I can't imagine there are Revan fans that actually like what was done or would want that Revan to become canon.

I think a canon Revan should be a mystery again. I loved how he/she was done in the Kotor comic. With the mask, the voice could be androgynous, like Leia's Boushh voice. Turn Revan back into a character that every fan can think "That's me" or "That's MY Revan".

(Argg I hate how every time I write Revan, the autocorrect changes it to Regan.)

Sinrebirth likes this.
  20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I reread Revan recently and it's still an enjoyable read to me. It leaves open that Revan had already fallen before Malachor, or fell because of Malachor. We know that Revan and Malak legitimately took control of Korriban from Exar Kun's remnants and to be fair it is moot as to whether they did it as Vitiate's minions or not.

We don't know exactly when they broke Vitiate's control. Nor do we know when they took over Korriban.

We do know that the Taung leader of the Mandalorians was replaced, and that Mandalorian was both influenced by Vitiate's emissary and also went down to Korriban and decided to war against the Republic directly after then.

The timeline is complex but workable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    I loved the novel, read it several times. Granted I never played KOTOR (only read up on the plot/story online) so the book Revan is really the only version I've known. [face_dunno]

And I meant to say in my last post, with regards to Revan becoming canon... we were thisclose to getting him in TCW. I feel like it's just a matter of time before the character is brought back into the fold.

dragonsith13 likes this.
  22. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Like so many timelines...they are but a hairs breath from workable existence. But this is the nature of the EU ;)

23. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    :eek: It's aliiiiiive! :p

SWTOR didn't really catch my attention as much as original KOTOR games / comics. It probably would have with time, but didn't really have enough of it to get into an MMO.
    The novel gave me mixed feelings - perhaps we were all overhyped. It was nice to find out what happened to at least some of the Ebon Hawk crew though. And as Sinre said, I loved that they still kept the causality of his fall a mystery, kind of like what Kreia presented in TSL. But it went a different direction that I would have expected from the character we got in 1+2.
    The book was also kind of more about Scourge than actually about Revan.

Also, can we take a moment to appreciate / frown upon Vaner Shan? I mean VAN-ER... That's right up on the tongue-in-cheek shelf alongside John Jackson Miller's Reva and Arvan Carrick - Zayne's parents. ;)

Huh... I'll look into submitting a piece to ETE on Revanomics. xD

DurararaFTW and Sinrebirth like this.
  24. Darth_Kondorr

Darth_Kondorr Jedi Master

Sep 21, 2002
    Should I read the book after both games, or should I read Part 1 of the book inbetween the games and part two after THE SITH LORDS?

BTW... were is the SEARCH button? Sorry if this is repost :p

25. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    This question perhaps belongs best in the Revan fanclub. Merging thread there.

The search function has been disabled, there is a thread about that here.