main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Acolytes of Revan v.2: Our Dark Lord Is Better Than Your Dark Lord

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Amon_Amarth, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Damn, after I've done more of these SWTOR class quests and bothered to finish Makeb and done SOR and KotFE and KotET I'll have to go back to KotOR 1 and 2:Reboot :p

Good thing Uni's in a lull atm.

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    There are too many KOTOR things! Blazes!

:p

3. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Shadows of Revan has already annoyed me. 4 flashpoints before I can even start the normal quests. Boss fight after boss fight. Manaan was cool though.

4. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    OMG! I can't believe this thread still exists. Makes my heart warm and fuzzy though i haven't played Kotor in so long.:D

Darth_Elu likes this.
  5. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Tee! [:D]

Blades of Revan represent! :p

6. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    It still exists….and Tee! You need to actually stick around, girl. :p

7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Surprised I haven't posted in here, Revan is my favorite Legends character :D

Darth_Elu likes this.
  8. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Amon_Amarth and Cobranaconda seem just like old times. [:D]

Darth_Elu - Tend to forget all the time cause i spend my time rping at a different site online. I will try and come on more often. Specially at night when rp goes down there. :D

Darth_Elu likes this.
  9. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Understandable, but yes come baaaack. :p The RPF here could use you too. ;)

Here's a question to rejuvenate the thread a bit: If KOTOR were redone for the new canon timeline rather than just accepted back in, what changes would you like to see that could potentially affect how Revan would be in the NuCanon?

10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I could see them making his time period very close to Darth Bane. Perhaps he's Bane's teacher?

11. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I'd like to see Revan true to the original games, before the MMO. Having Revan essentially run to another Sith Emperor was a bit lazy imo, and it diminished the whole mystery of Revan's disappearance / galaxy dealing with the consequences of decades of war that was expressed so well in TSL.

Yet Bioware's and Obsidian's games were quintessential Star Wars. So if those stories and characters are indeed introduced into Disney canon, I'd like them to do KOTOR era justice. Hopefully Revan will get to keep some original complexity, rather than be turned into Sith Lord baddie 101.
    I also frown at meaningless changes such as Korriban --> Moraband. What is the point besides infuriating long term fanbase?

Darth_Elu likes this.
  12. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Going to have to agree with you 100% Amon_Amarth.

While the subsequent TOR storylines were interesting and brought forth some good stuff in its own right, ultimately what they did with Revan was lazy IMO. And I'm not a fan of the whole being shocked for 300 years and his spirit being torn in half. To me it was kind of editorial and didn't make any sense, even if visually its impressive.

And I will continue to call the planet Korriban till the end. There was no reason for the name change at all.

13. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Didn't even realise they had changed it. That's just another reason "canon" can go play in a minefield.

14. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    I kind of miss this place.

15. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Well, welcome back. ;)

16. Deciple_of_Malak

Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2005
    Thread! Resurrect thyself!

I recently got Revan art for my birthday and I got super nostalgic of early-min 00s, and then I went down the rabbithole of deviantart, and then I wanted to come back and check up on this place.

[​IMG]

Jedi Knight88 and Amon_Amarth like this.
  17. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Blades of Revan assemble! Avengers(?) Revangers! :bluesaber:

Deciple_of_Malak likes this.
  18. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
  19. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Tython Awakening and Teegirloo like this.
  20. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Awesome, and yeah would love to see Keanu Reeves as Revan.

21. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    I never knew about this place it is so great that there are other fans of my favorite character. I love revan so much I have beaten Kotor 155 times.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  22. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Gotta admit that the place was livelier back in the day, during the apex of EU circa late 00s. But to this day, KOTOR remains my fav SW game, Revan & Kreia among fav SW characters.

So, I've recently been learning how to do some resin modelling, and am torn between doing a Revan mask or Mandalore the Ultimate mask... There are a bazillion Revans around so having a Mando to fight all the Revan cosplayers would be fun. But this place and nostalgia make me want to go for our Sith lord who is better than your Sith lord... :p

RafSwi7 likes this.
  23. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Love Kotor games' Revan and Dark Horse's KotoR Revan.

Hate ToR game's and novel's Revan.

Immediately dislike any Revan artwork with the stupid lines on his face. In fact I believe Revan should always be masked and of indefinite gender.

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Silly thought, reposted from the KotoR/ToR FC.

There’s a RP scenario out there that covers the Jedi infiltrating Revan’s flagship. I was tempted to transfer it to the forums.

Any interest?

Jedi and Sith players welcome, of course.

I was bored, did a thing.

Turning Point

There came a time when the Sith rose anew among the ranks of the Jedi, encouraged by the True Sith, hiding in the then-Unknown Regions. Exar Kun fell, but the Mandalorian clans continued his cause and, after decades consolidating, led an invasion back into the Republic. The Jedi Council refused to assist - their task was the Sith, not the mundanity of genocide. The Revanchists disagreed, and their leader, the so-named messiah known as Revan, led the Jedi Crusaders against the Mandalorian’s. They became what they fought, mired in violence against a foe honour-bound to hold onto every micrometer of land to the last man.

They fell.

Revan pursued the defeated clans into the Unknown Regions and returned as Darth Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith, his apprentices his Darth’s, Darth Malak foremost among them. A Sith armada was assembled in an impossibly quick time, and the Jedi stepped up besides the Republic at last - and lost, repetitively. Within two years a third of the galaxy had fallen to Sith Empire, and the Jedi and Republic had no choice but to target Darth Revan himself. A plan was made, and it was a desperate one.

But it was their only one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth Sareas and QueenSabe7 like this.
  25. Darth Sareas

Darth Sareas Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2021
    Question 1: Who do you think is the greatest (not neccesarilly the most powerful, just the greatest) sith lord of all time?

The Greatest was Darth Plagueis, his aim to manipluate the midi-chlorians to create life and transfer his essence into a new shell is the ultinate goal of any rational Sith seeking immortality.

Question 2: Who looks cooler: Revan, or Vader?

Revan, his Shinobi mask has less expression, making his face always faceless and thus making his servants unaware of his thinking and moods.

Question 3: Who's better, Revan, or the Exile?

Revan, he was a Darth and became Savior of the Galaxy. He also created life organically by wedding Bastila and begetting a son named Vaner Shan. The Exile doesn’t have a progeny.

Question 4: What was Revan's best line in KOTOR?

Revan
    : "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light."
    Bastila Shan, attempting to lecture Revan on the dangers of the dark sid

Question 5: What do you guys have your Revan wearing in the game. Do you go for armor? Jedi robes? What are they called?

Typically I have him wear Jedi Master Robes due to the added dexterity and protection for robes.

Question 6: Which do you prefer, hood, mask, or both?

Both. Hoods have power, see most of the greats in any mythology and they tend to have a hood.

Question 7: If Malak had confronted Revan instead of blowing up his ship while he was distracted, who would've won?

Revan. That is why Malak ambushed him, he knew he was too weak to confront Revan directly.

Question 8: Should Revan be a female or a male?

Male, otherwise there is no Vaner Shan, nor would there be a Satale Shan.

Question 9: Which portrait and alignment do you prefer?

I prefer Revan as Dark Lord of the Sith in his black robes and Female Mandalorian Mask.

Question 10: How many timeshave you played KOTOR?
    ...and after months ofconsistant participation, he/ shegets the great title of an Acolyte.

I have played KOTOR an inestimable amount of times.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Jedi Knight88 likes this.